Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
TRUMO 2024 Greatest Hits Prediction
This poll is closed.
Rolling Stones still on the rally playlist despite 5 more cease n desists 144 17.08%
insanely transphobic rapist billionaire on speed leads nuremburg rallies 214 25.39%
literally he beats his wife lol where's melania?? 114 13.52%
goku 219 25.98%
Trump 152 18.03%
Total: 498 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

HUGE PUBES A PLUS posted:

lol this guy is just blurting out catchphrases

Tbf this is part of why oj won. Being able to get catchy phrases to stick in jurors minds when they're trying to recall days of drawn out boring rear end legal judo bullshit from a trial works incredibly well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

HUGE PUBES A PLUS posted:

LOL defense telling the jury it would be better if you were a hung jury

exclusive picture of the defense as they said this

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

kaleedity posted:

when sc had megafloods 7 years ago i think every single death was someone driving into it

people really do believe in those stupid loving truck commercials

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

Louisgod posted:

I've heard of the coming water wars but this is ridiculous *sad banjo noise, crowd begins booing*

rising tide lifts all boats

Slumfrog
Feb 14, 2012

BORN TO SLAY
forced to work

it's true, machines took every one of us down here in oz. over and over and over again. they are relentless.

i'm being taken by a machine right now.

they're pretty great

for real though what the gently caress is pillow man talking about with machines took Australia and Venezuela oh wait i just realised as i wrote its voting machines isnt it because hes got a big ol crackbrain twitching fixation on the things. or maybe he just really gets off being sued.

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Hatebag posted:

From what i read and looked at it seemed like they didn't have any stormwater pipes or detention ponds or anything because it was a small poor mountain town. all the houses along a stream in a valley. So basically they built a town in a trough designed to make a huge wall of water plow through at high speed.
There's a suburb outside of baltimore, Ellicott city, where they've had 2 hundred year storms in the past few years causing a number of fatalities due to a similar channelized flow situation.
For places like that the best solution is probably to just abandon them because the technological solution is billion dollar underground storage tanks for stormwater.

A bunch of goons almost died in one of them, and the house that they were at was condemned

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

Louisgod posted:

exclusive picture of the defense as they said this

not guilty! of bad music

kaleedity
Feb 27, 2016

im imagining some sort of shadowrun run or something and you're in a warehouse with a bunch of furniture and beds looking for something and suddenly every pillow has an armed boston dynamics bot pop out of it

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

sinnesloeschen posted:

even our "cities" have hosed up water and sewer infrastructure to the point that the fuckin EPA stepped in after a couple of people drowned in a street in the late 00s

Yeah, lots of places are under consent decrees. Fat fuckin lot of good they do, baltimore has consent decrees for the cops and the sewer system, and the cops murder freely and poo poo flows freely into the creeks and the bay lol

PlushCow
Oct 19, 2005

The cow eats the grass

:sickos:

Oglethorpe
Aug 8, 2005
Avatar blanked by Admin request.
https://twitter.com/5DollarFeminist/status/1555596937079971845

Slumfrog
Feb 14, 2012

BORN TO SLAY
forced to work
either way, if someone sees mike pillow around maybe you could let him know that in australia the only legal way to vote is via paper and one of those tiny tiny pencils (or bring your own pen, ya flashy wanker). it's actually kind of important to the process here and it works. most importantly it allow every australian to exercise their constitutional right to draw as many penises as they wish on their ballot papers. that's ours, and the machines may take out lives, but they will never take our crude anatomically implausible dick votes.

i work election stuff for aec, seen some tremendous voting over the years

Daniel Dales Dick
Apr 8, 2020

”With the coldest winter ever recorded, with snow setting record levels up and down the coast, the Nobel committee should take the Nobel Prize back from Al Gore"

Ben Nerevarine posted:

I’ve been saying for years that what the tromp thread needs is a mendicant junkie who only posts when he pauses to pick the glass shards from his feet

lol

An Apple A Gay
Oct 21, 2008

peanut butter breath and candied lemons and a jack herer cart

Daniel Dales Dick
Apr 8, 2020

”With the coldest winter ever recorded, with snow setting record levels up and down the coast, the Nobel committee should take the Nobel Prize back from Al Gore"
CPAC!

https://twitter.com/LauraJedeed/status/1555557890806644738?s=20&t=whpCgRX_SuQtH_ZTcSsDBA

WarMECH
Dec 23, 2004
i forgot how much rick scott slurs and combines multiple words into one its like he never learned to speak

also that weird wide eyed gaze and smile when he is waiting for applause what a fuckin creepo

Apr 7, 2003

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

sinnesloeschen posted:

even our "cities" have hosed up water and sewer infrastructure to the point that the fuckin EPA stepped in after a couple of people drowned in a street in the late 00s

In this case upstream is a huge development or something that doesn't have proper rainwater mitigation, so because so much vegetation was turned into concrete way more water than before flowed into the valley / creek

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

Agean90 posted:

Genuinely really bad to the point where its surprising that their isn't more coverage

The areas hit hardest are mainly due to mountaintop removal and the coal industry destroying the landscape and affecting the flood plains and natural drainage. Of course, the media will never say that KY is letting it's poorest suffer and die so that a few dozen coal barons could get insanely rich by strip mining the area.

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

Plinkey posted:

A bunch of goons almost died in one of them, and the house that they were at was condemned

Ellicott city is perma-hosed because they keep building subdivisions and roads up the hill behind it so even if they build effective stormwater infrastructure there's just a conga line of white flight dipshits making more impermeable surfaces to direct additional water at it lol

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Leave the gun. Take the fries.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
You can pry this gun from my cold rear end fries.

RIP guy trying to take care of his family on $10 an hour.

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral
lol in the first one he pauses after almost every sentence to make the most obvious, puppy-dog Please Clap face until the crowd gives him some tepid applause

sinnesloeschen
Jun 4, 2011

fiiiiiiinnnne
:coolspot:

Dr_0ctag0n posted:

The areas hit hardest are mainly due to mountaintop removal and the coal industry destroying the landscape and affecting the flood plains and natural drainage. Of course, the media will never say that KY is letting it's poorest suffer and die so that a few dozen coal barons could get insanely rich by strip mining the area.

mmhmm. even tho coal is like, fuckin done both in the west (and a lot of the east iirc) and there's only trace in the appalachias now, gently caress that gotta squeeze til theyre dead

sinnesloeschen
Jun 4, 2011

fiiiiiiinnnne
:coolspot:
i wish jeb was president

Impkins Patootie
Apr 20, 2017

mendo crosses are the best

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

kaleedity posted:

looking forward to extremely positive jobs reports as we add tens of millions permanently blinded by pox

biden: "where we're going u wont need eyes to work!"

Slumfrog
Feb 14, 2012

BORN TO SLAY
forced to work

WarMECH posted:

i forgot how much rick scott slurs and combines multiple words into one its like he never learned to speak

also that weird wide eyed gaze and smile when he is waiting for applause what a fuckin creepo

yeah he doesnt really come across as overly human, gives me more of that ventriloquist dummy possessed by a demon vibe. or a brain damaged lizard

gremlins two
Aug 14, 2019

WarMECH posted:

human suits start to degrade in the florida heat, lizard people command needs to issue him a new one

edit:

Slumfrog posted:

brain damaged lizard

:hai:

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

tenderjerk posted:

its weed. just call it weed.

"welcome to the weed store. we got weed, weed, weed and, of course, weed"

Apr 7, 2003

Slumfrog posted:

yeah he doesnt really come across as overly human, gives me more of that ventriloquist dummy possessed by a demon vibe. or a brain damaged lizard

He wrote a plan for America where he said that as president he would get "communists" declared enemy combatants. Very normal!

Toxoplasmid
May 18, 2004

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

Asproigerosis posted:

Tbf this is part of why oj won. Being able to get catchy phrases to stick in jurors minds when they're trying to recall days of drawn out boring rear end legal judo bullshit from a trial works incredibly well.

Can the defense attorny Naruto run please

goth smoking cloves
Feb 28, 2011

Lol

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

This sounds like topnotch crackpinged garbage. I hope I can get a recording of this closing argument.

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

DUNDUN DUN DUNDUN

Toxoplasmid
May 18, 2004

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

WarMECH posted:

It's an especially creepy business/lawyer dialect, spread mimetically. It used to be once you hear a lawyer include "throw out the bathwater with the baby" in his arguments you would know another one has succumbed. When you hear them say "The thing is, is" ... you know they're going that way.

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d0Jq6hKiLUQ&t=35s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral
https://twitter.com/Edwin07011/status/1555595465814675456