Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

Oh, yeah. Loud and clear. Emphasis on LOUD!
~ David Lee Roth

SamDabbers posted:

Alex did perjure himself but I guess that can't be said because he wasn't convicted?

Yeah, you can't say he committed perjury if he's not convicted of it. Much like how Alex isn't allowed to say he's innocent because, legally speaking, he's not (liable, I know).

Don't know if you could say, "We just saw him lie on the stand" as opposed to "he committed perjury," though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spinst
Jul 14, 2012

aw yeah, Mark has a few matters for after the lunch break.

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

~ David Lee Roth

"They're gonna talk about sanctions again. Wanna go get lunch?"

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

spinst posted:

aw yeah, Mark has a few matters for after the lunch break.

Andino just said in front of the camera "they're gonna sanction me again, that's what they're gonna bring up." "you wanna go to lunch?" "yeah~"

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
I love how Reynal's main argument against punishing Alex Jones for what he did is that it will have a chilling effect on people who want to do similar things. Like, yes, that's the point, it's called a deterrent.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
Haha I guess the internet is complaining about the camera because a woman just came in and said it needs to be adjusted and they want to find out who moved it.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
The whole loving court system is trash just like our politics. Why waste people times with this poo poo. It's only causing more anguish to the parents.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Philthy posted:

The whole loving court system is trash just like our politics. Why waste people times with this poo poo. It's only causing more anguish to the parents.

not for nothing, they're both gonna get $2m or so they didn't have before.

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010

Philthy posted:

What do you suggest we do with Alex Jones?

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Philthy posted:

They'll get enough to move and legally change their names and start new broken lives from this. It's better than being harassed by his listeners every day. It doesn't fix things, but it lets them hopefully start moving on finally because they can afford to not be harassed, hopefully.

madmatt112
Jul 11, 2016

Is that a cat in your pants, or are you just a lonely excuse for an adult?

Devils Affricate posted:

I ain't gettin' probed for my honest answer, chief.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

Philthy posted:

You should eat on your lunch break, mr reynal

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
Is it probatable to go with one of the r/relationships thread's standby punishments?

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Blood feuds are very traditional but can get complicated over time.

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

~ David Lee Roth

pixaal posted:

They'll get enough to move and legally change their names and start new broken lives from this. It's better than being harassed by his listeners every day. It doesn't fix things, but it lets them hopefully start moving on finally because they can afford to not be harassed, hopefully.

And hopefully the therapy they need for the rest of their lives to help heal.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

mojo1701a posted:

And hopefully the therapy they need for the rest of their lives to help heal.

Their mental health bills are already paid for in full along with all of the other Sandy Hook parents in perpetuity. That's why they didn't have any medical expenses to tack onto this suit.

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

~ David Lee Roth

Mr. Nice! posted:

Their mental health bills are already paid for in full along with all of the other Sandy Hook parents in perpetuity. That's why they didn't have any medical expenses to tack onto this suit.

OK that part I didn't know, but that's definitely good.

That also makes sense wrt. damages.

gregday
May 23, 2003

Devils Affricate posted:

Oubliette?

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc
https://twitter.com/dansolomon/status/1555610884462223360

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Branding on the face that says "Liar" and half of one ear cut off.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

madmatt112 posted:

I ain't gettin' probed for my honest answer, chief.

Gonna blow my load if this ends up cancelling Abbots $750k cap in the supreme court.

Oh, supreme court, never mind

Outrail fucked around with this message at 18:53 on Aug 5, 2022

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Devils Affricate posted:

Install him as an icon of reverence and fear and begin buying his brain pills, but ironically.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Legal requirement for all Infowars hosts to wear cow onesies when broadcasting.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

That's... hm. That can't be right, can it?

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010

Mr. Nice! posted:

Whoever's paying that bill should sue Alex Jones

SamDabbers
May 26, 2003

I look forward to hearing him argue this.

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

GreyjoyBastard posted:

Seems like a big reach. I do like the idea of keeping the possibility of the full punitive judgment "real" in the media while this is still in the news.

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

GreyjoyBastard posted:

i would trust his knowledge at this point but i guess we'll see what holds up

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer
I mean you can argue whatever you want

SamDabbers
May 26, 2003

Imagine if Bankston can actually get that poo poo cap thrown out as unconstitutional. Worth taking a swing at it.

E: not holding my breath

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc

SamDabbers posted:

Imagine if Bankston can actually get that poo poo cap thrown out as unconstitutional. Worth taking a swing at it.

E: not holding my breath

Yep, especially as it could eventually go up to either the Texas supreme court or the US supreme court and lol if you think they are likely to toss out the cap

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

wit posted:

Stenographer has spent the past five minutes typing "..." over and over until people come back.
!!! don't have to redpill the jury if you redpill the stenographer!!
"sir, is it true you said 'i'm a big diaper baby and alex jones is innocent?"
"what?? no!!"
"would you please read the official court transcript?"

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Depends how many justices have been texting Alex

OneMoreTime
Feb 20, 2011

*quack*

Yeah, I really don't see Bankston succeeding in that, but at this point I'm just kind of happy with keeping Jones in constant litigation hell forever

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Who does he argue against for that? State's counsel?

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
Will Bankston get the cap nixed? Likely not.

Is it worth a swing at? I think so, but I am just your average witch.

Like you might as well at this point.

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

~ David Lee Roth

Pretty sure "argued in front of the (state) Supreme Court" is still a feather in a lawyer's cap, regardless of the success.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

mojo1701a posted:

Pretty sure "argued in front of the (state) Supreme Court" is still a feather in a lawyer's cap, regardless of the success.

Though not for nothing Reyhan gave him one hell of a feather as well.

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

~ David Lee Roth

teen witch posted:

Though not for nothing Reyhan gave him one hell of a feather as well.

The State Bar of Texas needs to create the "F. Andino Reynal and Alex Jones award for most Perry Mason moment" to any lawyer that successfully pulls off such a moment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
Bankston gleefully jamming his dick in the Texas courts like a melissophiliac in an apiary.