Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

it is true that crowds really tell you what kind of people are in that area

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Racing Stripe
Oct 22, 2003

fsif posted:

Yo, I'm going to go PAWK the CAH. Everyone in Boston uses this phrase and it's huge.

Yeah true story. My boss is from Boston, he says this constantly, and I can’t understand a word!

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Racing Stripe posted:

Yeah true story. My boss is from Boston, he says this constantly, and I can’t understand a word!

Does he eat Dunkin two times a day?!

Racing Stripe
Oct 22, 2003

Yeah, breakfast and brunch. For lunch usually it’s a fenway frank.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

now here's the thing about my man JESUS

jesus rolled DEEP

jesus had a POSSE

who here heard of the APOSTLES??

back in the year 30, you step to Jesus, next thing you know you're gonna have twelve guys like

*does an exaggerated gangsta walk across the stage*

"yo we got a problem here??"

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Remember that this man reportedly has the ear of the Texans owner like Rasputin.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

I mean why else would a team signal they really want to hire Josh McCown

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari

Neil Armbong posted:

oh my god. i haven't watched these in a while and i forgot how absolutely cringe inducing they are. also of course this dweeb has john 3:16 on a screen while he's talking.

I couldn’t make it more than a minute through the first video good god this dude sucks

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Ehud posted:

now here's the thing about my man JESUS

jesus rolled DEEP

jesus had a POSSE

who here heard of the APOSTLES??

back in the year 30, you step to Jesus, next thing you know you're gonna have twelve guys like

Jesus was a pacifist but his bros weren't ya hear? Wisdom

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Turn the other cheek? Sure. So you can reload.

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE
The greatest game ever played was when the romans cast lots for Jesus' stuff.

unl33t
Feb 21, 2004

Actually, I don't know what he's saying

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

My blood sugar is gon' be like

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

Ehud posted:

Romans: "Yes" *crucifies him in front of anyone who wants to watch*

EmbryoSteve fucked around with this message at 20:26 on Aug 5, 2022

King Hong Kong
Nov 6, 2009

For we'll fight with a vim
that is dead sure to win.

Want to hear Jack's take on how the Disciples evaluated and drafted Matthias after Judas was traded to the Jerusalem Priests (and shortly thereafter suffered a career ending neck injury).

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

King Hong Kong posted:

Want to hear Jack's take on how the Disciples evaluated and drafted Matthias after Judas was traded to the Jerusalem Priests (and shortly thereafter suffered a career ending neck injury).

:golfclap:

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Wasn't today the last day for the NFL to appeal the judge's decision?

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Android Apocalypse posted:

Wasn't today the last day for the NFL to appeal the judge's decision?

They did. Some former attorney general from New Jersey is hearing it as Roger’s designee.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Ok, so is there a deadline on when that designee will have to rule or are they going to drag this out for an unknown amount of time?

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Android Apocalypse posted:

Ok, so is there a deadline on when that designee will have to rule or are they going to drag this out for an unknown amount of time?

He’s out for 6 weeks after the next month no matter what. They have time, he’s not going to play.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
https://twitter.com/JeffDarlington/status/1555657349066629120?s=20&t=WlkfQSfbLunfTnsjr7WiFg

Ah ok.

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

He’s out for 6 weeks after the next month no matter what. They have time, he’s not going to play.

Wait really? I didnt know that, is there an article?

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

bows1 posted:

Wait really? I didnt know that, is there an article?

I mean it’s math. Season starts 5 weeks from tomorrow. He will then be suspended for that game and the following 5 as that is the existing punishment. So the NFL’s new adjudicate has 10 weeks to come to some decision.

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

I mean it’s math. Season starts 5 weeks from tomorrow. He will then be suspended for that game and the following 5 as that is the existing punishment. So the NFL’s new adjudicate has 10 weeks to come to some decision.

ah I thought it was just a suggestion and the punishment wouldn't start until its finalized

Ayudo
Mar 30, 2006
https://twitter.com/ProFootballTalk/status/1555944527986192387?t=VEy6A-x7Ul2TxTSFJm1_dA&s=19

NFLPA hosed up when they didn't take the league's offer for 12 games and a fine. They probably figure the fix is in at this point. Roger's guy likely isn't going to go easy on Watson.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Watson is still insisting that he hadn’t done anything inappropriate at all so he wasn’t ever gonna agree to the 12 games.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
I’m cheering for Roger’s guy to come back with even fewer games, because lol gently caress this entire process

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

GD_American posted:

I’m cheering for Roger’s guy to come back with even fewer games, because lol gently caress this entire process

That’s really dumb. This isn’t a kangaroo court deciding how long he should be locked up. He doesn’t have a right to play football and be in all of our faces every Sunday making millions. As it is the financial penalty will be the basically vet minimum of game day checks he makes this season and probably 1/25 of his new Fully Guaranteed Deal so you can’t even argue that he’s denying him the right to make a living.

Shimrra Jamaane fucked around with this message at 17:27 on Aug 6, 2022

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

GD_American posted:

I'm for every cent of his signing bonus being the fine and an indefinite suspension. I know this won't happen, but I would love to see Watson apply for reinstatement next year, be denied and for it to be a full 3 seasons before he plays quarterback again. Give Browns fans the full Josh Gordon treatment again.

And honestly if he stays away another full year do you think he's not going to try and assault someone again? And he won't have team resources to protect him.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

GD_American posted:

For once the NFL is in the right or least worst because they decided that heeding a decision that amounted to the arbiter saying it is unfair for a player to be punished for sexual assault without being warned before hand was bullshit.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Ayudo posted:

https://twitter.com/ProFootballTalk/status/1555944527986192387?t=VEy6A-x7Ul2TxTSFJm1_dA&s=19

NFLPA hosed up when they didn't take the league's offer for 12 games and a fine. They probably figure the fix is in at this point. Roger's guy likely isn't going to go easy on Watson.

I think they’ve been pretty successful in making Goodell look like the unreasonable party here. If he had to make it clear he’s just still the same tyrant he’s always been, CBA be damned, then it’s a win for the players, regardless of how long Watson actually has to sit. I think overall it’s a case where the process is a lot more meaningful and than the outcome.

General Dog fucked around with this message at 18:51 on Aug 6, 2022

King Hong Kong
Nov 6, 2009

The NFL is awful, sure, but hoping that the mega rapist faces even fewer consequences for his actions is insanely bad.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

I don't think I'd characterize anyone's posts here as explicitly hoping he gets a short suspension.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

General Dog posted:

I don't think I'd characterize anyone's posts here as explicitly hoping he gets a short suspension.

That’s literally what GD said.

I’m not even sure why but he did

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

General Dog posted:

I think they’ve been pretty successful in making Goodell look like the unreasonable party here. If he had to make it clear he’s just still the same tyrant he’s always been, CBA be damned, then it’s a win for the players, regardless of how long Watson actually has to sit. I think overall it’s a case where the process is a lot more meaningful and than the outcome.

I completely disagree here. The Byzantine appeals process is a Z-line story and is probably completely untracked by anyone that doesn't subscribe to multiple football podcasts or refresh football forums several dozen times a day.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

CharlestheHammer posted:

That’s literally what GD said.

I’m not even sure why but he did

I don't see it so much as cheering for it as having a broken brain that wants to laugh at the worst possible outcome.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Mr. Nice! posted:

I don't see it so much as cheering for it as having a broken brain that wants to laugh at the worst possible outcome.

This is basically the old FYAD meme which isn’t a good thing.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

I don't blame people for having completely broken brains in tyool 2022. The world is pretty hosed in a lot ways. I don't think he was at all meaning to be pro-watson.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

The worst punishment a guy is going to face for sexually assaulting a few dozen women is not being allowed to play football for maybe a full year.

If someone wants to bitterly laugh at the pitch black nature of that, go with god.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Yeah I guess forgive me if the prospect of Goodell increasing Watson’s suspension for dozens of assaults from 0.35 seasons to 1.00 seasons and getting a big blowie from the media for being tough on crime doesn’t get me that excited.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King Hong Kong
Nov 6, 2009

It’s more like the opposite is worse. The worst people you know will interpret a minimal suspension as being proof that what Watson did was no big deal. The Browns and Watson will wave it around as vindication.

Since the NFL was not capable of giving him the punishment he really deserves, we might as well take what we can realistically get.

It’s not like we are going to heap praise on Goodell, we just want SOME punishment instead of the usual nothing.

King Hong Kong fucked around with this message at 21:41 on Aug 6, 2022