Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pro starcraft loser
Jan 23, 2006

Stand back, this could get messy.

Was it a cop who shot your uncle.or something? That's a strange thing to come up during jury selection.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bible
May 8, 2010

pro starcraft loser posted:

Was it a cop who shot your uncle.or something? That's a strange thing to come up during jury selection.

If you aren't smart enough to get out of jury duty, you shouldn't be allowed to sit on a jury.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

pro starcraft loser posted:

They asked if I had any experience with gun crime so I answered, haven't gotten a summons since.

It was a teenage kid, they were just too lazy to investigate since he threw the revolver in the river not long after. It took a few years but our family eventually convinced a witness to come forward and that got the shooter behind bars.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.

WHY BONER NOW posted:

Remember that lady in Florida that fired a warning shot because her abusive husband was threatening her, then got thrown in jail for years for it. It would've been better for her to just blast him and claim self defense or castle doctrine or whatever

She's black so probably not. Incidentally around that same time George Zimmerman did the same poo poo except it wasn't in self defense and he didn't get in any trouble at all. If I recall correctly they did let that let out.

Flinger posted:

lmfao and the us list still the longest. whats the twitter that reports US news like it's a 3rd world country

"Like"?

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

NecroBob
Jul 29, 2003
Wait, so just standing in the window - like to look out the window, one of its main purposes - triggers the CPD that there's an active shooter? :psyduck:

loving what

Turrurrurrurrrrrrr
Dec 22, 2018

I hope this is "battle" enough for you, friend.

NecroBob posted:

Wait, so just standing in the window - like to look out the window, one of its main purposes - triggers the CPD that there's an active shooter? :psyduck:

loving what

That guy who stood at the window? He was no saint, and for all we know he may have been thinking about opening it.

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

cpd still traumatized by that photo of malcom x standing by a window holding an m1 carbine. that's why thry had to kill fred hampton when he was asleep and not by any windows

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

couldn’t we just arm every hotel guest? if you hear shots fired in the room next to yours, congrats, you’ve been deputized to stop them.

The Fattest PI
Mar 4, 2008
Depending on the round, terminal velocity for a tumbling bullet probably won't do that much damage.

It's completely irrelevant because shooting into the air at a perfectly straight up angle happens probably about zero percent of the time especially among the drunk braindead morons who are celebrating or firing "warning shots". Just a few degrees is enough to change it from a bullet tumbling down at terminal velocity into a bullet on doing a little mini artillery and easily keeping enough velocity to go through a person. It'll just be a person a mile away or whatever.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
A mass shooting in downtown Orlando leaves 7 people hospitalized. The assailant is still at large
https://edition.cnn.com/2022/07/31/us/orlando-downtown-mass-shooting/index.html

I was beginning to worry something was wrong.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

NecroBob posted:

loving what

You expect them to have hundreds of millions of dollars worth of shooty bang bang toys and just never use them? So selfish.

Piggy Smalls
Jun 21, 2015

BOSS MAKES A DOLLAR,
YOU MAKE A DIME,
I'LL LICK HIS BOOT TILL THOSE MOTHERFUCKERS SHINE.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/08/02/us/texas-uvalde-shooting-dps-arrival/index.html

Nameless Pete
May 8, 2007

Get a load of those...
Logic puzzle: One person always lies and one always tells the truth. You can ask them one question to see which is which.

"You a cop?"

"No," they both reply.

poo poo.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I love this:

quote:

"I don't know that we can trust them to do an internal investigation," Charley Wilkison, the executive director of the Combined Law Enforcement Associations of Texas, which represents some law enforcement officers in Uvalde, told CNN on Tuesday. "It would be best if the investigation were headed up by an outside independent source that the public can have total confidence in.

Gee, you don't say!

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

No no it’s fine. We investigated ourselves and found that we did a real good job and we all got gold stars.

We were really relieved and oh sorry about all the dead kids.

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?
Don't be silly, they wouldn't admit any regret as that might imply liability

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"
I don't know where else to put this.

https://twitter.com/LauraJedeed/status/1555557890806644738

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

holy poo poo he's a crisis actor lmao

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Drop a penny from the top of the Empire State Building. It hits a gentleman on the crown of the head. He dies, y/n?

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

WHY BONER NOW posted:

Remember that lady in Florida that fired a warning shot because her abusive husband was threatening her, then got thrown in jail for years for it. It would've been better for her to just blast him and claim self defense or castle doctrine or whatever
yup. he had hit her and was blocking the exit. but she could have gone out the window so she wasn't in fear for her life!
NEVER talk to police and your story is that you feared for your life periodt.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1sqE6P3XyiQ

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

hahahahahahahahahahhaha

Plan R
Oct 5, 2021

For Romeo
Good gravy these people make their bullshit, invented, faux-suffering their entire identity; it's a loving disgrace!

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

help i'm being oppressed, i shout while building a literal prison cell for myself

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

That's a high quality avatar right there.

This is the craziest thing I’ve seen in a while. I’m afraid my head will explode if I think about it for too long.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Won't someone please think of the poor traitors?

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

https://twitter.com/shanthropology/status/1555313019793641478?s=21&t=7j-j0Uf5sdGR9Vu_PCV9-w

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZnHmskwqCCQ

CPL593H fucked around with this message at 07:42 on Aug 6, 2022

Mistle
Oct 11, 2005

Eckot's comic relief cousin from out of town
Grimey Drawer

WHY BONER NOW posted:

This is something you would learn in CCW class, which usually costs money, requires purchase of ammo supply, and is held at times convenient to conventional work shifts. All these things are easy for the upper-middle class to arrange, but working poor don't get that lesson except through fire(both figuratively and literally, at times).

NecroBob posted:

loving what

The smallest poo poo will get the Secret Service on your rear end when the President is in town.

Also this is prime overtime for cops: beaucoup bucks and you get to go full HRT on people for standing around with their dick in their hand.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Something about this doesn't smell right. Feels more like an assassination of a cop that wasn't playing along.

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?
well at least police training is getting better

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
North Carolina school district planning to put AR-15 in every school in the event of another school shooting
https://www.fox5dc.com/news/north-carolina-school-district-planning-to-put-ar-15-in-every-school-in-the-event-of-another-school-shooting

Lol. LMAO. Beyond parody.

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

mobby_6kl posted:

North Carolina school district planning to put AR-15 in every school in the event of another school shooting
https://www.fox5dc.com/news/north-carolina-school-district-planning-to-put-ar-15-in-every-school-in-the-event-of-another-school-shooting

Lol. LMAO. Beyond parody.

quote:

"We were able to put an AR-15 rifle and safes in all of our schools in the county," Sheriff Buddy Harwood told the Asheville Citizen-Times. "We’ve also got breaching tools to go into those safes. We’ve got extra magazines with ammo in those safes."

Harwood said the rifles will ideally allow police to quickly defend against a school shooting. Harwood criticized the police that responded to the Uvalde shooting saying the time they took to respond to the shooting cost lives.

"Those officers were in that building for so long, and that suspect was able to infiltrate that building and injure and kill so many kids," said Harwood.

"I do not want to have to run back out to the car to grab an AR, because that’s time lost. Hopefully we’ll never need it, but I want my guys to be as prepared as prepared can be," he added.

lol they're not even for the teachers. They're for the cops whenever they get there lol. How does this even help anyone?

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
just add more guns.

students please report to the barracks, general quarters this is not a drill.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Pennywise the Frown posted:

lol they're not even for the teachers. They're for the cops whenever they get there lol. How does this even help anyone?

"Hey does anyone have the keys to this? I don't want to break the glass and get cut"

Or

"Uhhhh... All the Emergency ARs are gone? Please advise"

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

Everyone knows that big guns scare away small guns with the same effect that a scarecrow has on smaller birds.

Putting a big gun in schools will keep them safe.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
school shooter armed with the emergency rifle when?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

TehRedWheelbarrow posted:

school shooter armed with the emergency rifle when?

2nd week of the shooter learning about its existence.