Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

So you know German. Well now I know why you don't like fun things.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

political during World War 2

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Mayor Richard Daley leasing Chicago's parking meters, all of them, to Abu Dhabi for 75 years in exchange for $1.1 billion

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Rev Moon being crowned in front of a bipartisan group of senators in the senate building.

https://www.andrewcusack.com/2004/sun-myung-moon-crowned-messiah-in-washington-dc/

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Lib and let die posted:

That time some dumb cnn guy was whacking himself off on a zoom meeting lmao

Weembles
Apr 19, 2004

bedpan posted:

Mayor Richard Daley leasing Chicago's parking meters, all of them, to Abu Dhabi for 75 years in exchange for $1.1 billion

And Abu Dhabi then raising the parking rates and charging the city for lost revenue during parades and festivals so that they made up their purchase price in just a few years.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

bedpan posted:

Does Chicago have the worst mayors of the major cities or does it simply seem that way

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Milo and POTUS posted:

Does Chicago have the worst mayors of the major cities or does it simply seem that way

do you think mayor daley might have gotten a kickback for that poo poo? lol. it is chicago after all

Toph Bei Fong
Feb 29, 2008

Milo and POTUS posted:

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Politics adjacent: that tv show that started with the lady masturbating to Obama's One America speech so you could tell she was a good person.

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

:whitewater:

IAMKOREA
Apr 21, 2007

Lol holy gently caress how have I never seen this

Ichabod Sexbeast
Dec 5, 2011

Giving 'em the old razzle-dazzle

projecthalaxy posted:

Politics adjacent: that tv show that started with the lady masturbating to Obama's One America speech so you could tell she was a good person.

Wait was that Fleabag? The one Obama was a fan of?

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

projecthalaxy posted:

yeah dude the point of that show was that the main character was a good person, you really nailed it

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

HootTheOwl posted:

I thought this at the time too, but no.
The Ethiopian pilot did know to and did turn off the MCAS but the plane was already in a nose dive. It turned out they couldn't level out the stabilizer without the assist from MCAS.

Sick it's even worse than I thought

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

projecthalaxy posted:

I don’t think you watched the show

Toph Bei Fong
Feb 29, 2008

"I'm taking that posh shampoo"

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

indigi posted:

I don’t think you watched the show

Why would I watch the show

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

projecthalaxy posted:

This is sub-TVIV levels of understanding media

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Full disclosure: i have not seen whatever show that is and was half remembering the twitter discourse around the scene and decided to post. I'm quite poor at this.

lil poopendorfer
Nov 13, 2014

by the sex ghost

Spergin Morlock posted:

do you think mayor daley might have gotten a kickback for that poo poo? lol. it is chicago after all

100%, him and whomever else was involved was well taken care of

They recouped their investment in like 11 years too lol

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
that time projecthalaxy didn't watch some show about people honking off to Obama

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

projecthalaxy posted:

Full disclosure: i have not seen whatever show that is and was half remembering the twitter discourse around the scene and decided to post. I'm quite poor at this.

Fair enough. Anyway she's the main character of a show called Fleabag and she's not a great person.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

projecthalaxy posted:

that wasn't a show, that was me

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Did remind me of this one though, lol.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

AnimeIsTrash posted:

I'll take 3.

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin
lol remember how quickly her career shot into space and just kept going into the dark night

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

In Training posted:

I'll take 3.

That's too many. Flood the blowjob market with excess supply and watch demand dry up

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

A Bakers Cousin posted:

lol remember how quickly her career shot into space and just kept going into the dark night

I remember her being described as a stand up comic which was odd cause I’ve never seen her tell a joke, just do lip syncing tiktoks

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

AnimeIsTrash posted:

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
That time all the numbers were up and unemployment was way down and yet it was called a recession.

And how all the record corporate profits were up but it was called inflation.

That time it was really obvious everyone was just getting hosed by the rich.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

The Anime Liker posted:

That time all the numbers were up and unemployment was way down and yet it was called a recession.

And how all the record corporate profits were up but it was called inflation.

That time it was really obvious everyone was just getting hosed by the rich.

hey wait a minute that's all still happening right now! and has been for years!

:mods:

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

DID NOT VOTE FOR FETTERMAN

AnimeIsTrash posted:

Rev Moon being crowned in front of a bipartisan group of senators in the senate building.

https://www.andrewcusack.com/2004/sun-myung-moon-crowned-messiah-in-washington-dc/

catholicucks and orthodogs stay winning

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

ice bae

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
Some Marilyn Monroe impersonator sang "Happy Birthday, Mr. Senator" at Strom Thurmond's 100th birthday party, and then the creepy old racist awkwardly grabbed her arm right after she finished.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Echo Chamber posted:

Some Marilyn Monroe impersonator sang "Happy Birthday, Mr. Senator" at Strom Thurmond's 100th birthday party, and then the creepy old racist awkwardly grabbed her arm right after she finished.

I'm not sure some of this stuff ever happened.

Tommah
Mar 29, 2003

HootTheOwl posted:

I'm not sure some of this stuff ever happened.

https://www.c-span.org/video/?174100-1/senator-thurmond-100th-birthday start at 56:50

politics during the early 2000s were as hosed up as politics today

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Kitfox88 posted:

hey wait a minute that's all still happening right now! and has been for years!

:mods:

numbers are definitely not up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Its funny to me how much Bill Clinton has been diminished as a public figure