Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Internet of Things is just someone else's computer that people can't help attaching cameras and door locks to!
:vapes:
Switchblade Switcharoo

That is her resting-think face. Don't shame

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
A few results from my current DALL-E 'project'

(Topiary of two hands pulling something apart from the outside, with a ring on the left hand)

(Two hands stretching open a knot in a tree)

KinkyJohn
Sep 19, 2002

Stable Diffusion email invites have been sent just now

Popoto
Oct 21, 2012

miaow
So far i think midjourney makes prettier stuff when it comes to digital art, but otherwise lacks in customization and ability to differentiate between two subjects matter compared to dalle2

Dalle2 is basically a bit trickier to use well.

But, as a game dev, my team is for sure looking at mid journey for our needs since gently caress the payByGeneration system of Dalle2.

Can’t beat 30/50 a month for unlimited usage.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

KinkyJohn posted:

darn, missed the boat on it

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope
https://twitter.com/imperishablneet/status/1555660485118271491

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

KinkyJohn posted:

Thanks for this, the email was in my spam folder.

Hanging out in the discord and there are a few things clear. One, in 20~ hours the discord bot goes live. 2, absolutely no NSFW images allowed BUT they are also very quick to also say 'when the local version is released you can do whatever you want, no NSFW on discord though'. 3, celebrities are absolutely allowed and there seems to be zero restriction on anything otherwise, especially compared to Dall-E. The images the staff are sharing certainly look really great too, so much so that I don't know if Dall-E can compete.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Darn I didn’t even realize I could have signed up for that one

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
StableDiffusion invite was in my spam folder too, time for some more bread stick rats and seals (after the 24 hour waiting period).

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Snowy posted:

Darn I didn’t even realize I could have signed up for that one

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost

Son of Rodney posted:

A dark field during a storm with lightning striking with an ominous, gigantic pig in the background

I used this prompt in Midjourney

Other Midjourney ones:

'two dragons fighting, by picasso'

'the most beautiful image ever created'

'the world's angriest hotdog with human eyes'

'thursday blues on the moon'

'Three Rings for Elven-kings under the sky'

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
No specific images noted as such, but as a sign of the times, here's a kickstarter for an RPG campaign book that plans to use Midjourney as a tool for illustrations:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/silveraxe/the-scourge-of-northland

More Midjourney used to make comics, Ryan Estrada uses the classic A Softer World format to use the prompt as text for the output
https://medium.com/@ryanestrada/for-exposure-comics-33ec400737ca

fez_machine fucked around with this message at 01:37 on Aug 6, 2022

hydroceramics
Jan 8, 2014
I've never used discord before so I want to make sure I understand what's going on with stable diffusion; slow mode is enabled which means I can only post one prompt per hour, correct?

Tunicate
May 15, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
In 24 hours rhe bot will come online afaiu (turns out my invite was in the spam folder)

hydroceramics
Jan 8, 2014

Tunicate posted:

In 24 hours rhe bot will come online afaiu (turns out my invite was in the spam folder)

Mine was too and i really appreciate everyone posting about it. I was able to post one prompt, and I see other people posting prompts, so I guess everyone gets 1 until the bot is online maybe?

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

I got a prompt through on stable diffusion :toot:

"Nicolas Cage in full costume and makeup as Darth Icky, new Star Wars villain, photo from Entertainment Weekly cover shoot"

cage is looking rough lol

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

Cage kinda looks like Bashar Al-Assad in that one…

Tunicate
May 15, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

TIP posted:

I got a prompt through on stable diffusion :toot:

"Nicolas Cage in full costume and makeup as Darth Icky, new Star Wars villain, photo from Entertainment Weekly cover shoot"

cage is looking rough lol

Is... is that a bionicle?

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

Mercury_Storm posted:

StableDiffusion invite was in my spam folder too, time for some more bread stick rats and seals (after the 24 hour waiting period).

hell motherfucking yeah

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock
I'm continuing my effort to confuse AIs by seeing how tight they couple "red panda" as a concept with the color, Stable Diffusion is the best so far but I don't have Dall-E 2 access yet

(prompt was "Ailurus fulgens with blue fur", using the latin name to make it a bit easier for the AI)

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
To be real clear about Stable Diffusion: it isn't a 24 hour wait for people specifically, when those emails were sent out it was 24 hours from when the discord bot goes live for everyone. The discord is saying 2pm EST, as far as I know, tomorrow.

EDIT
They do have a clunky channel to ask for prompts that moves slowly, so you might be able to get one through that way. I'm just going to wait. In hanging out in the discord though it feels very much like a Dalle mini/craiyon but way more powerful and very clearly the best at faces out of all the Ai generators so far.

KakerMix fucked around with this message at 04:04 on Aug 6, 2022

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock

KakerMix posted:

To be real clear about Stable Diffusion: it isn't a 24 hour wait for people specifically, when those emails were sent out it was 24 hours from when the discord bot goes live for everyone. The discord is saying 2pm EST, as far as I know, tomorrow.

EDIT
They do have a clunky channel to ask for prompts that moves slowly, so you might be able to get one through that way. I'm just going to wait. In hanging out in the discord though it feels very much like a Dalle mini/craiyon but way more powerful and very clearly the best at faces out of all the Ai generators so far.

Wait, is there a way to do Stable Diffusion prompts without going through the request channel?

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

Got into DALLE2 and have been going a little crazy with it. From the ProcGen thread:

Lord Hydronium posted:

Got access to DALLE after about 7 weeks, and created this monstrosity:

“A photorealistic Homer Simpson”

This one didn't turn out quite what I was hoping for, but I thought it was cool in its own way:

“A portrait of General Grievous wearing a top hat in the style of Rea Irvin”
And a few others I've particularly enjoyed since then:

“A velociraptor playing electric guitar at a concert, vaporwave”

“A stained glass window depicting the woman yelling at cat with salad meme”

“Impressionist oil painting of the Burger King sitting on a hamburger shaped throne”

“Marble sculpture of Fred Flintstone on a dark background”

“Renaissance oil painting of the Hamburglar at the birth of Christ”

“Renaissance oil painting of a grey alien and angels” (this was somehow the least creepy of the images it generated)

“Cave painting of three people waving spears at a UFO”

“Sumi-e painting of Godzilla attacking Tokyo”

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

ymgve posted:

Wait, is there a way to do Stable Diffusion prompts without going through the request channel?

Some people have access but they are special. I am not special.
Tomorrow it will be like MidJourney in that its a bot you can just ask to generate things for you.

Beartaco
Apr 10, 2007

by sebmojo

Rutibex posted:

i wonder how long it will be before they teach an AI to program games and this can be real.

From several pages back but I think the intermediary step is going to be stuff like this which is also really exciting:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=udPY5rQVoW0

Beartaco
Apr 10, 2007

by sebmojo
In trying to find that video I also found this which is pretty cool. Some guy made a self driving car in GTA that drives at least as well as I do in GTA, with some minor hiccups here and there, presumably based on image recognition.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rvnHikUJ9T0

Does anyone have any good videos of neural network algorithms playing videogames? Playing videogames is a type of art, right?

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*

strange feelings re Daisy
Aug 2, 2000

Getting faces that look a bit wonky? You can try running your output through these face fixers -
ARC:
https://arc.tencent.com/en/ai-demos/faceRestoration
gpen:
https://replicate.com/yangxy/gpen

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

Redlining my shit posting machine

Ceramic Shot posted:

I'm getting pretty good at prompts, but I've got a question for someone with more Midjourney experience: how do you prompt such that it's more likely to understand you want two distinct characters instead of an amalgam of your terms? No matter how I try to make them dreadfully distinct with interacting verbs, the image produced is often a melding.

I prompted this: a bloodborne hunter menacing roger rabbit with a saw cleaver, bloodborne style, old yarhnam, gibbous moon, cinematic composition, cinematic lighting, hyper realistic.

...but got this, which is very rad but not exactly what I was going for:

I believe you separate with :: as opposed to a comma. They discuss it in the midjourney docs

Dr. Fraiser Chain fucked around with this message at 08:49 on Aug 6, 2022

Ceramic Shot
Dec 21, 2006

The stars aren't in the right places.

Goodpancakes posted:

I believe you separate with :: as opposed to a comma. They discuss it in the midjourney docs

Thanks! I found the relevant text in the FAQ, the third tab of the documentation, not in the User Manual if anyone was curious. Here it is:

Q: Do commas, pipes, or any other punctuation matter?
A: Yes, the model considers them like a break in the prompt, but it's not always clear what impact this will have. Use :: between prompts for a hard separator as describe in the answer above.

And here's the example they mention:

[image URL] [text prompt 1]::2 [text prompt 2]::3 --iw 1 results in a 1/6=17% image(s) , 2/6= 33% text1 , 3/6 = 50% text2.

Though it seems like to get the "::" to work, you might have to be using an image URL? It doesn't seem to work with just text prompts, but I could be wrong.

Edit: found a really nice Google Doc about how to better use inputs with Midjourney: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1XUT2G9LmkZataHFzmuOtRXnuWBfhvXDAo8DkS--8tec/edit

Ceramic Shot fucked around with this message at 09:23 on Aug 6, 2022

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

KakerMix posted:

Thanks for this, the email was in my spam folder.

Hanging out in the discord and there are a few things clear. One, in 20~ hours the discord bot goes live. 2, absolutely no NSFW images allowed BUT they are also very quick to also say 'when the local version is released you can do whatever you want, no NSFW on discord though'. 3, celebrities are absolutely allowed and there seems to be zero restriction on anything otherwise, especially compared to Dall-E. The images the staff are sharing certainly look really great too, so much so that I don't know if Dall-E can compete.

Same! Almost missed this, the invite is only good for 24 hours. Check your spam for the discord link!
edit: it says they sent it out to everyone that signed up.

pixaal fucked around with this message at 10:56 on Aug 6, 2022

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Beartaco posted:

From several pages back but I think the intermediary step is going to be stuff like this which is also really exciting:

:eyepop:
we have become dream thieves. harvesting the imagination of lesser beings like some hosed up fae

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope
Man I can't believe this prompt worked

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Internet of Things is just someone else's computer that people can't help attaching cameras and door locks to!
Switchblade Switcharoo

Beartaco posted:

In trying to find that video I also found this which is pretty cool. Some guy made a self driving car in GTA that drives at least as well as I do in GTA, with some minor hiccups here and there, presumably based on image recognition.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rvnHikUJ9T0

Does anyone have any good videos of neural network algorithms playing videogames? Playing videogames is a type of art, right?

That is basically every video this person puts out:
https://youtube.com/c/CodeBullet

My favorite one is trying to teach a block character to walk to the right was slow. Then he increased the training rate by putting a death laser behind them.

https://youtu.be/K-wIZuAA3EY

Whichever block character survived the longest (usually by falling the correct way) made it to the next generation.

EVIL Gibson fucked around with this message at 14:32 on Aug 6, 2022

Popoto
Oct 21, 2012

miaow

Wheany posted:

Man I can't believe this prompt worked

emojis are still text, which you can see if you hover over one, so you literally wrote "mushroom cloud"

dot communist
Mar 28, 2005

Beartaco posted:

I remember seeing this a year ago and being pretty impressed. After googling around though it doesn't seem like anyone is really taking up the reins on this, at least not publically. Other than this GAN Theft Auto video / GitHub project and Nvidia's original Pac Man experiments I can't find anyone who's working on simulating actual game environments with neural networks.

Zombie Killer 5000
Oct 21, 2008
This was just posted on the stable diffusion discord:

quote:

Last minute opening!

Hello @everyone! For the next 60 minutes, you can invite anyone you like. Bring in your favorite friends, influencers, even family members in! They will all have access to the Beta.

And for all others, the wait is almost over :)

LINK: https://discord.gg/akQHGE4

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Switchblade Switcharoo

Donatello does machines

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Zombie Killer 5000 posted:

Thanks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Zombie Killer 5000 posted:

Thanks, I'm in! The actual system isn't live yet, right? Because I can't see a way to make more poo poo images so far.

Disco Diffusion worked very well for generating more abstract, artistic images so I'm quite curious how this is gonna work out. I think at this point I have access to all the major systems, just Google holding back as always :argh: