Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Xeno
gears
saga
blade
View Results

Reik
Mar 8, 2004

An Actual Princess posted:

does anyone know why eunie and taion's things are pulsing red and no one else's is? it's been doing it for awhile now in every battle.

overheated?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Countblanc posted:

When do I get access to a class other than Medic Gunner with Daze, or a class with Launch that isn't tied to a super art (whatever those are called)? Currently I'm in chapter 3 and have unlocked war Medic, thaumaturge, full metal jaguar, the dual sword class, and the sword/shield tank

Sorry to repost, anyone have any ideas here? I don't really want to search online because im trying to avoid story spoilers and it's easy to bump into stuff on accident.

Ardryn
Oct 27, 2007

Rolling around at the speed of sound.

Nyoro posted:

Next story quest is lv 17 but I'm 31 ish from exploring and having fun lol

Whats weird is I don't really remember overleveling being a problem in either of the first two games

Your level would spiral wildly out of control if you did all the side quests in XC1.

Books On Tape
Dec 26, 2003

Future of the franchise

Ardryn posted:

Your level would spiral wildly out of control if you did all the side quests in XC1.

But there were dozens more side quests in XC1. This just feels like it wasn't playtested.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Do you get faster travel options later in the game? This world is bugfuck huge and most of my time spent in game is walking around and I’m kinda sick of it and just wanna get on with the plot.

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

Pollyanna posted:

Do you get faster travel options later in the game? This world is bugfuck huge and most of my time spent in game is walking around and I’m kinda sick of it and just wanna get on with the plot.

you should have access to skip travel really early and that lets you pop to any landmark or camp anytime

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Countblanc posted:

Sorry to repost, anyone have any ideas here? I don't really want to search online because im trying to avoid story spoilers and it's easy to bump into stuff on accident.

Keep in mind Medic Gunner's Daze can be shoved onto other classes, it's a Master Art. You do get other sources of it but only much later. As for Launch, there's a class with it as a Master Art in Chapter 4, very hard to miss.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

you should have access to skip travel really early and that lets you pop to any landmark or camp anytime

That doesn’t solve the problem of stomping around for 30 minutes in Dannagh trying to map the place out before giving up and porting back closer to the main quest marker. I appreciate the amount of effort but into making it seem like a real world but god drat.

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

Reik posted:

overheated?

naw they're red as soon as the battle starts. i wish i knew why this happened, it's bugging me

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

Pollyanna posted:

That doesn’t solve the problem of stomping around for 30 minutes in Dannagh trying to map the place out before giving up and porting back closer to the main quest marker. I appreciate the amount of effort but into making it seem like a real world but god drat.

u could just not map the whole thing out. if you're bored with exploring and just want to do the main plot, you can. nothing's stopping you from doing more exploring later

Legin Noslen
Sep 9, 2004
Fortified with Rhiboflavin

naw they're red as soon as the battle starts. i wish i knew why this happened, it's bugging me

Low health and not being a defender class?

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

Legin Noslen posted:

Low health and not being a defender class?

they do it even at full health but it does look identical to the low-health flashing. starting to think it's just a bug. cheers!

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Pollyanna posted:

Kill more unique monsters to get more fast travel points.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

does anyone know why eunie and taion's things are pulsing red and no one else's is? it's been doing it for awhile now in every battle.

they just want you to pay attention to them, my dog does the same thing

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Infinity Gaia posted:

Keep in mind Medic Gunner's Daze can be shoved onto other classes, it's a Master Art. You do get other sources of it but only much later. As for Launch, there's a class with it as a Master Art in Chapter 4, very hard to miss.

Right, though it does start on cooldown when it's set as a sub art so you can't open fights with it if you do that. Either way thanks for the info

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd

i love my idiot robot son :allears:

ajkalan
Aug 17, 2011

I'll hi' 'em, and then I'm gonna hi' 'em again

Mea Tulpa
Sep 4, 2006

Still in ch 3, the full metal jaguar class has turned chain attacks from a 60k-80k damage affair to 200k-300k+. Also builds up TP like no one's business. The chain attack music is so good too.

The second area in the game is just gigantic. At this rate the game world is going to be way bigger than even X.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

Mea Tulpa posted:

Still in ch 3, the full metal jaguar class has turned chain attacks from a 60k-80k damage affair to 200k-300k+. Also builds up TP like no one's business. The chain attack music is so good too.

The second area in the game is just gigantic. At this rate the game world is going to be way bigger than even X.

i think they said it had 5x the walkable area that xb2 had?

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

this game sure has a lot of sidequests. i was planning on doing them all but they just keep coming

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
FINALLY FINISHED CHAPTER 4 AND THE RIDE IS INDEED WILD!!!!!!!!!

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

Feel like I should give up on getting most of the ch5 map uncovered, there's just so much

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

brand engager posted:

Feel like I should give up on getting most of the ch5 map uncovered, there's just so much

i gave up. it's too big and you uncover so little at a time

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

brand engager posted:

it took me about one second of looking at the map to decide not to do that

Concurred
Apr 23, 2003

My team got swept out of the playoffs, and all I got was this avatar and red text

I went back to (Ch. 3 spoilers) the start of the game for Zeon's quest and holy gently caress there's stuff there that you can explore. It's all 45+ but there's so much

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

if i have one complaint about the class system its that the game likes to auto-swap your gems and accessories to whatever it deems the most "beneficial" to the class, even when it's flat out wrong

like if I switch someone to a defender role it'll take the gem that gives a flat +30% bonus to attack when canceling and replace it with a "add 100 extra hp" gem. Which do you think is better for a class that wants to grab as much aggro as possible, game???

also i recommend sorting accessories by type and scrolling through until you get to the weirder ones, I had a legendary accessory that lets you revive people no matter the role you're in just sitting there. I don't know where I even loving got that thing.

Leathal
Oct 29, 2004

wanna be like gucci?
lil buddy eat your vegetables
If you’re on a modded console or using an emulator, you can use cheat #25 on this page to unlock downleveling before the postgame. You need to register a gbatemp account to access the page but it works great.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/xenoblade-chronicles-3-010074f013262000.615986/

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Leathal posted:

If you’re on a modded console or using an emulator, you can use cheat #25 on this page to unlock downleveling before the postgame. You need to register a gbatemp account to access the page but it works great.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/xenoblade-chronicles-3-010074f013262000.615986/

I was hoping this would pop up sooner or later. Not including that by default is so loving dumb.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

I just got Valdi and my feelings can be summed up entirely with "finally, some good loving healing"

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

https://twitter.com/GoodSmile_US/status/1555705471297851392

:toot:

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Is there a benefit to ending an Ouroboros early before overheating? Does it lower the time before you can use it again or something?

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

Ytlaya posted:

Is there a benefit to ending an Ouroboros early before overheating? Does it lower the time before you can use it again or something?
it might have a longer cooldown time if you let if overheat? but the more important difference is if you cancel it yourself, you can hop back into it if you need to in an emergency while the cooldown's at half, whereas if it overheats it needs to be all the way back at zero

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Blaziken386 posted:

if i have one complaint about the class system its that the game likes to auto-swap your gems and accessories to whatever it deems the most "beneficial" to the class, even when it's flat out wrong

like if I switch someone to a defender role it'll take the gem that gives a flat +30% bonus to attack when canceling and replace it with a "add 100 extra hp" gem. Which do you think is better for a class that wants to grab as much aggro as possible, game???

also i recommend sorting accessories by type and scrolling through until you get to the weirder ones, I had a legendary accessory that lets you revive people no matter the role you're in just sitting there. I don't know where I even loving got that thing.

It only does this once per char per class. After that it remembers what you had previously last time you were that class on that character.

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

BabyRyoga posted:

It only does this once per char per class. After that it remembers what you had previously last time you were that class on that character.
yes but the game also encourages you to constantly switch into new classes and the default options it chooses seem to be bad every time

also if I, for example, switch noah back to swordfighter to get a break art, the game goes "oh, you want your swordfighter setup? okay!" and gives me the accessories I had equipped in the first hour of the game

Blaziken386 posted:

just had a very fun moment of gameplay and cutscene synergy where I killed a boss with Sena & Lanz's Ouroboros Chain Attack Finisher, only for the cutscene immediately following it to feature the two of them punching the boss's lights out in that very same form
this happened again on the bossfight in the middle of chapter 4, I genuinely can't tell if the game has multiple versions of some of these end-of-bossfight cutscenes depending on who you were controlling

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

I just beat chapter 2, I think? Was the big bad guy from the chapter supposed to be someone from a previous game?

Also reminder that there’s a spoiler thread for those of you taking about late-game plot:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4008241&perpage=40&pagenumber=1&noseen=1

Edit: apparently I’m still in Chapter 2, but that guy was definitely the boss. He literally said so lol

Blackbelt Bobman fucked around with this message at 04:34 on Aug 6, 2022

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Jesus, the fight against Alexandria's group seems really hard for their levels. My whole party is 42 and this is a fight against (I think) 4 level 40 enemies, and they just completely erase my party within like 20-30 seconds.

Ytlaya fucked around with this message at 05:35 on Aug 6, 2022

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime
You can fight her buds individually out in the world and that fight is just her

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Tabletops posted:

You can fight her buds individually out in the world and that fight is just her

How? They're all together in a group and seem to aggro together. I fought a bunch of guys first to arrive at their group.

Mea Tulpa
Sep 4, 2006

I've gotten heavy Digital Devil Saga and Squid Game vibes from this since I started and it's continuing to ramp up. At end of ch 3 and this game has been really clicking for a while. Like XB2 it needed some time to get going for me, although not as much time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime

Ytlaya posted:

How? They're all together in a group and seem to aggro together. I fought a bunch of guys first to arrive at their group.

They spawn in the world individually. They’re solo uniques with a small squad. Pretty sure you first run into one a bit after you get the ability to climb cliffs or after you can climb dunes. There’s ? Marks on the map where they are