Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DRINK ME
Jul 31, 2006
i cant fix avs like this because idk the bbcode - HTML IS BS MAN
It’s annoying but I think it happens to all of us, the raptors to inventory to antlers does not scale evenly; I get 11k antlers a day on 2.5k inventory space. I’ve thought about buying inventory space but it seems the worst way to spend gold.

I put all of my claws at one raptor to pump it up. I feel like I’m going to probably regret that in the near future and I should have held them until RFC was better understood.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

rafikki posted:

I feel your pain

poo poo i was almost maxed out on kebabs until this reminded me of the other raptor item, thanks

rafikki
Mar 8, 2008

I see what you did there. (It's pretty easy, since ducks have a field of vision spanning 340 degrees.)

~SMcD

I’m no longer vigilant about letting raptors/incubating eggs. I’ve got 20 or so unhatched eggs at this point.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

i got my first egg today

Vasler
Feb 17, 2004
Greetings Earthling! Do you have any Zoom Boots?
It looks like seaweed, giant squids and cheese are going to be difficult to get for A Towering Investment IV. Cheese only comes from a pet, right?

I can spam large nets (so many large nets) to get the seaweed and squid (drat these things have low drop rates) but cheese?

Note to anyone earlier in the game: don't sell things like seaweed, pufferfish and giant squid!!!

Xerol
Jan 13, 2007

Cheese comes up in the exchange center fairly often, keep an eye on that.

tildes
Nov 16, 2018
#135 atm with a 29 claw investment. I don’t think I’ll be able to keep it up once more people start playing since that’s all I’ve got. It would’ve been nice to peak in the top 100 but honestly better than I expected.

Moldy Sausage
Oct 5, 2004
Where am I going?

Vasler posted:

It looks like seaweed, giant squids and cheese are going to be difficult to get for A Towering Investment IV. Cheese only comes from a pet, right?

I can spam large nets (so many large nets) to get the seaweed and squid (drat these things have low drop rates) but cheese?

Note to anyone earlier in the game: don't sell things like seaweed, pufferfish and giant squid!!!

Cheese can be mailed so you can just ask for some in giveaway chat. Note that Gouda from the exchange center is not the same thing as cheese. Spiked shells are even worse than seaweed, so start throwing salt into the well for it if you’re all set on geckos (but make sure you have at least 600 salt if you haven’t done ATI III yet)

Moldy Sausage fucked around with this message at 03:02 on Aug 3, 2022

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

Corona rules everything around me
C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

I haven’t been prioritizing net making and just rolling with it. I feel like maybe I need to focus on that more especially since I unlocked pirate cove and it’s a silver bonanza. I just hit 85 and got my green dragon to 6 so I’m cash poor lol

Vasler
Feb 17, 2004

Moldy Sausage posted:

Cheese can be mailed so you can just ask for some in giveaway chat. Note that Gouda from the exchange center is not the same thing as cheese. Spiked shells are even worse than seaweed, so start throwing salt into the well for it if you’re all set on geckos (but make sure you have at least 600 salt if you haven’t done ATI III yet)

I've got tons of salt so I'm set there. I've been exchanging 3 salt per day for spiked shells, though I seem to get broccoli quite often.

I just looked and I only have 33 geckos and 29 spiked shells. Ye gods. How many am I gonna need?

Edit: Maybe it would be worth it to buy the upgrade for more well tosses?

FreshFeesh
Jun 3, 2007

Drum Solo
ATI will require 100 geckos, but you'll get them back shortly into the tower (for use with other quests)

You'll need all 100 spiked shells for one of the final legs of ATI as well.

I found the extra tosses great for unlocking the tower, but now they seem extraneous

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

I think personal requests were hot patched recently because I was getting between 500k-6m each until yesterday when all the new ones are generating between 30k-400k

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

I’m freeeeeee.
Completely done with requests once I get like 20 more gold feathers today.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Just in time for +event xp and a new area with presumably even better xp rates

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal
Okay I need a ‘send all raptors to RFC button’.

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe
You can only send 3. Go through the stats and pick the three strongest ones. They gain points as they win fights, so pick wisely.

rafikki
Mar 8, 2008

I see what you did there. (It's pretty easy, since ducks have a field of vision spanning 340 degrees.)

~SMcD

Looks like there have been a couple of changes to RFC, added a grape juice option and modified the UI a bit. Not sure if anything else

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006
Is everyones borgen the same? I've got crab claws, wine, honey, salt, runestone 10. Only 400 AC's (inv max is 408) plus 50 in the vault. I don't even know what crab claws are for and I have some runestone 10's. Just unlocked salt as a craft item and seemingly have plenty of honey for now as my pet brings it to me. Crab Claws? one bottle of wine?

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

Borgen is fairly garbage this week, only thing even remotely worth it is Honey, and you are presumably early enough in the game to not stress too much for them.

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

Yeah the only thing I'd worry about is honey if you're in the mid-game 70-99 climb, or sand if you're late game and want to start to GM hourglasses for some sick reason without churning through leather.
The rest is garbage.

Koryk
Jun 5, 2007
Not to try and be a lore nerd in a weird little phone game, but what’s the deal with the last of the Strange Companions quest line? It just ends abruptly with no resolution.

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Every second that we're not growing BASIL is a second wasted

Fun Shoe

Kaboobi posted:

check in on your raptors for something I can't talk about

edit: raptor must be at least level 10

This changes everything.

Vasler
Feb 17, 2004
I've used so many nets trying to get seaweed and giant squid (and spiked shells) and so much stamina trying to get geckos.

I've got 300 seaweed and squids, so I'm almost done ATI IV.

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening

Vasler posted:

I've used so many nets trying to get seaweed and giant squid (and spiked shells) and so much stamina trying to get geckos.

I've got 300 seaweed and squids, so I'm almost done ATI IV.

Can you afford penguin to lvl 5, that will at least save you from grinding Squids

tildes
Nov 16, 2018
PSA: at the moment equipping Shields seems to be a mistake. They skip a turn it seems and don’t give much of a defense boost.

E: apparently same might also be true of swords? Just from looking at my battles they seem to not take up turns in the same way tho.

I regret putting like 200 of each on my raptors.

It also might have to do with how strong your raptors are. It kind of seems like higher stat raptors have shorter fights, which makes the buff less useful since it has less time to apply? Idk- it does seem like after this my top 300 raptor is doing worse but my top 1000-2000 raptors are doing a bit better.

In conclusion, pls buddy.farm make a calculator

tildes fucked around with this message at 03:17 on Aug 5, 2022

rafikki
Mar 8, 2008

~SMcD

tildes posted:

PSA: at the moment equipping Shields seems to be a mistake. They skip a turn it seems and don’t give much of a defense boost.

I wondered why I was getting my rear end kicked by raptors with worse stats

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

I AM THE ONLY ONE IN THIS GAME WHO GETS LAID
I've been saving up large nets for the next event and I'm torn on how to use them. Toss them all in PC for the silver, or take advantage of the Mastery boost (whatever that means) and try to M/GM as many fishing related items as possible? I'm currently working through ATI and am at 67/17 M/GM with several billion sitting around waiting for the ATI quests that just ask for money.

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe
The only stats that matter for RFC are speed, attack, sp attack.
If you mostly gained HP / def your Raptor sucks, like mine.

They will have to do some stat tuning.

DRINK ME
Jul 31, 2006
i cant fix avs like this because idk the bbcode - HTML IS BS MAN

Fhqwhgads posted:

I've been saving up large nets for the next event and I'm torn on how to use them. Toss them all in PC for the silver, or take advantage of the Mastery boost (whatever that means) and try to M/GM as many fishing related items as possible? I'm currently working through ATI and am at 67/17 M/GM with several billion sitting around waiting for the ATI quests that just ask for money.

I don’t think there’ll be a boost to fish mastery:
“There will also be +20% Skill XP, +20% Silver at Market and a boost towards Item Mastery when crafting”

So silver in PC with the 20% would probably be the right use - not that I think there is any right way to play

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Now that's a personal request.

Bishop Beo
Jul 3, 2009
Has there been any talk on when craftworks will come out of beta?

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe
There is apparently 1 bug remaining that prevents Craftworks release. It's also unclear if it'll be released before Resource Saver bugs have been fixed. Note that Resource Saver and Craftworks are kinda related, Craftworks having lower output and not full Resource Saver procs is intented.

About the mastery event bonus, one rumour has it, that it'll be a proc chance, so every item you craft has a certain chance to give +1 instead of +2 progress towards masteries. Pretty similar to Resource Saver.

Sexual Aluminum
Jun 21, 2003

is made of candy
Soiled Meat

tildes posted:

E: apparently same might also be true of swords? Just from looking at my battles they seem to not take up turns in the same way tho.

I regret putting like 200 of each on my raptors.

It also might have to do with how strong your raptors are. It kind of seems like higher stat raptors have shorter fights, which makes the buff less useful since it has less time to apply? Idk- it does seem like after this my top 300 raptor is doing worse but my top 1000-2000 raptors are doing a bit better.

In conclusion, pls buddy.farm make a calculator

mine dropped from the teens to 55 after putting sword and shield on

rafikki
Mar 8, 2008

~SMcD

Soap shop is open now

Vasler
Feb 17, 2004

koshmar posted:

Can you afford penguin to lvl 5, that will at least save you from grinding Squids

I have the penguin at level 5 and I've been watching what it brings back over the last couple days. It hasn't brought a single squid back!

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

I AM THE ONLY ONE IN THIS GAME WHO GETS LAID

DRINK ME posted:

I don’t think there’ll be a boost to fish mastery:
“There will also be +20% Skill XP, +20% Silver at Market and a boost towards Item Mastery when crafting”

So silver in PC with the 20% would probably be the right use - not that I think there is any right way to play

Aw, I misread that and am now disappointed. I was hoping to just blow through the lower level fishing spots for masteries. Silver is always good though.

tildes
Nov 16, 2018
I was not at all prepared for the seaweed grind - I’m getting like 1-2 a large net. Is there a trick to this? I didn’t see a wishing well option.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

tildes posted:

I was not at all prepared for the seaweed grind - I’m getting like 1-2 a large net. Is there a trick to this? I didn’t see a wishing well option.

Nope, RIP your Large Net stash.

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

tildes posted:

nope, enjoy!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

tildes posted:

Get lucky with personal requests.