Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
Thankfully, Jones has provided the worst possible record on appeal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smik
Mar 18, 2014

One's a cowardly lion, the others a lying coward.

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Great decisiion, and yeah may he be further sued into constant impotent shouting and crying. I hope the stress shortens his ugly stupid heartless life.

There's a court stream on now, is it a repeat of the day's hearing?

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

Upsidads posted:

Hey its been an hour, any more goons dumb enough to post right wing memes that try and show Alex got em with zingers again?
Despite all the sweating, farting and losing?

Get in, sweaty farting loser.
We’re going sweaty farty losing!

Bucky Fullminster
Apr 13, 2007

"Yes, like that. Is that what you are accusing the Judge who is sitting right next to you of doing? Just so we're clear."

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
https://twitter.com/averytravistv/status/1555692735906349057

That's got Mark discussing the cap.

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

I loving love hearing about the practicality of dividing up the corpse of Infowars in bankruptcy court

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

Devor posted:

I loving love hearing about the practicality of dividing up the corpse of Infowars in bankruptcy court

:getin:

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Mr. Nice! posted:

That's got Mark discussing the cap.

Interesting. He's definitely trying to put the most positive spin on it he can for obvious reasons, but really hope he manages to pull that strategy off.

Also interesting he mentions it foreseeable being $750,000 per cause of action, per defendant. So possibly the judge could put the cap at 4.5 million, which with the damages isn't terrible. Not great, but far from terrible.

Bucky Fullminster
Apr 13, 2007

ilmucche posted:

I don't get why bringing up epstein is such a wild own

Because they are not operating in good faith. They are not making an actual argument, they are desperately reaching for anything that feels like a wild own to them, and deliberately (albeit perhaps subconsciously) not going deeper than that.

I think the best way to respond is with another question: "Do you care about the lies he's deliberately told and the harm he's caused innocent people, or does it not matter to you cos he's on your "team"?"

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
They think bringing up Epstein is an own because they think it's an example of Jones being correct in his accusations about certain elites being child molesters/traffickers. What they always fail to mention is how Jones didn't say a single loving word about Epstein until the guy was already pleading guilty to charges of child sexual abuse in court. IIRC Jones started talking about Epstein in 2008. Epstein started being investigated in 2005.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Devils Affricate posted:

They think bringing up Epstein is an own because they think it's an example of Jones being correct in his accusations about certain elites being child molesters/traffickers. What they always fail to mention is how Jones didn't say a single loving word about Epstein until the guy was already pleading guilty to charges of child sexual abuse in court. IIRC Jones started talking about Epstein in 2008. Epstein started being investigated in 2005.

it has so much to do with sandy hook

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

I'm not surprised this thread pulled some Infowarriors out of the woodwork but I'm sad anyway.

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

https://twitter.com/ronfilipkowski/status/1555686127427780608?s=21&t=FSR-TaC7BDN7buFHMR-mWg

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

Devils Affricate posted:

BeforeI started listening to KF the only thing I’d ever heard from Alex Jones was that Joe Rogan interview. Idk how anyone could hear that and not think 3 people with head wounds were just saying words in between one another.

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

Yeah, Mark has the right attitude about. This is a going to an ongoing assault on Jones and Infowars for years to come. Even if each individual Plaintiff's award is smaller, there are a lot of plaintiffs and a lot of other parties that will jump in on the action. The details in that bankruptcy filing stink of some really questionable practices. They also suggest that Alex and co aren't that great off financially currently. We'll know more when they have to produce more documents but I really think that while the Jones family is hiding money, it's not gently caress you money. That $62M in draws might be all they've got across the family and a lot of that is going to be spent on legal battles. I'll try and do that deepdive and write up over the weekend of where I think they are financially based on what we have so far.

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012

dr_rat posted:

Interesting. He's definitely trying to put the most positive spin on it he can for obvious reasons, but really hope he manages to pull that strategy off.

Also interesting he mentions it foreseeable being $750,000 per cause of action, per defendant. So possibly the judge could put the cap at 4.5 million, which with the damages isn't terrible. Not great, but far from terrible.

It's...pretty terrible.

Literally a week of revenue from his operation, if that. And then completely erased by what he's getting in clout, exposure, and direct contributions from his loons and friendly billionaires that decde to pitch in for 'free speech'.

Hell, it's actually perfect for him. Credulous people will think he's being axed for 45 million, open their wallets bigtime, then he gets slammed with a mere 4 million and pockets the difference.

Roger Stone just dropped a video telling people to go to his site and give, buy, then give again.

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!
Does anyone else constantly think of Douglas Reynholm from IT Crowd when they see Reynal? They're both absolute buffoons and they even have similar facial features.

At this point I wonder if they'll have similar fates.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Devor posted:

Not to mention the rest of Jones' life being nothing but lawsuits, diminished power thanks to his phone leak, and various agencies and the like looking over his shoulder. If he played it like a sane person this shouldn't be news. But he showed how much of an rear end in a top hat he was, and told the entire world that he's incapable of being told what to do, can't keep lawyers, and makes a shitload of money that he probably doesn't pay taxes on. Congrats, you tomato-headed jackass, the rest of your life is going to be lawsuits with people taking chunks of his business because he lacks the ability to control his tantrums.

He's really hosed himself up, and is stupid enough to think it ends here. Good luck with that.

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

Bucky Fullminster posted:

"Yes, like that. Is that what you are accusing the Judge who is sitting right next to you of doing? Just so we're clear."
that's exactly what happened. "yes, if that helps you understand what i'm asking: yes."

you know....what they cut out to get this "own"

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

I'm guessing rear end in a top hat directed one of his braindead followers to not kill a jury member, or similar. What a hero.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Wow maybe we were all wrong about Alex Jones really makes you think.

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

I just saved someone's life and everyone around is applauding me. They're all out of frame, being alive and clapping

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Yeah that checks out, Alex is known for avoiding the spotlight

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.

Sephyr posted:

It's...pretty terrible.

Literally a week of revenue from his operation, if that. And then completely erased by what he's getting in clout, exposure, and direct contributions from his loons and friendly billionaires that decde to pitch in for 'free speech'.

Hell, it's actually perfect for him. Credulous people will think he's being axed for 45 million, open their wallets bigtime, then he gets slammed with a mere 4 million and pockets the difference.

Roger Stone just dropped a video telling people to go to his site and give, buy, then give again.

It’s weird you know Jones is an inveterate liar but you take his revenue claims face value to proclaim this is meaningless to him.

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
i sometimes worry my beard is super lovely too and just no one is telling me

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug

BigBadSteve posted:

I'm guessing rear end in a top hat directed one of his braindead followers to not kill a jury member, or similar. What a hero.

“Imagine what would’ve happened if I wasn’t there!” is a hell of a take, like when a CEO runs a company into the ground and they say “the other guy would’ve run it into the ground faster!”

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

Frank Frank posted:

Really don’t need any qualifiers on it. He’s a horrible human being

I got banned from a very centrist discord for saying that he deserved that tree falling on him and he hates women because it broke his dick

lol!

Bucky Fullminster
Apr 13, 2007

InsertPotPun posted:

that's exactly what happened. "yes, if that helps you understand what i'm asking: yes."

Cool, thanks.

There's something really reassuring about knowing something is in good, competent hands. It's weird how unusual it is.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

funeral home DJ posted:

“Imagine what would’ve happened if I wasn’t there!” is a hell of a take, like when a CEO runs a company into the ground and they say “the other guy would’ve run it into the ground faster!”

More like someone calling back a dog they've trained to attack you, and saying 'your welcome'.

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

I said it before but Mark Bankston makes me think that not all lawyers are bastards

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

quote:

He'll not be paying any of this for years. He's big enough and rich enough to tie it up in the courts til his dying days. He's already declaring on his dumbass show that he doesn't even have a net worth of $5 million dollars.

Ok guys, the jury just awarded the plaintiffs nearly 50 million (though there are caps obviously) in damages in the state of loving Texas. This is a loving fantastic thing. This was a huge penalty that is way out of normal ranges for this kind of thing. Juries across America are lining up to stick it to this fucker. Alex Jones is on notice. From here on out he's going to be bleeding money.

We don't know how much money he really has, and there is a good chance he's involved in a criminal conspiracy in which case that doesn't matter much.

This doomerism is absolute nonsense. This was a good day. Good triumphed over evil. Justice was served, and it will be ongoing.

I'm gonna just repeat it over and over and over. This pessimism is absolutely unwarranted. Dude's screwed.

Nelson Mandingo fucked around with this message at 03:01 on Aug 6, 2022

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

If there be a just, loving and merciful god in heaven then, o lord, let me fight owen shroyer to the death bare knuckle in a dirt pit.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

AHH F/UGH posted:

I got banned from a very centrist discord for saying that he deserved that tree falling on him and he hates women because it broke his dick

lol!

Centrists are republicans that support gay marriage

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!

Sir Tonk posted:

Often just trying to stay in the good graces of their immediate family.

Plan R
Oct 5, 2021

For Romeo

Sir Tonk posted:

Libertarians are Republicans that support smoking pot.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Bucky Fullminster posted:

Cool, thanks.

There's something really reassuring about knowing something is in good, competent hands. It's weird how unusual it is.
Things being handled competently don't get Discourse about them.

Confusedslight
Jan 9, 2020
Just a friendly reminder especially for people like me who are a bit disheartened by the outcome that this is far from over. https://twitter.com/NYTLiz/status/1555671256887971840?s=20&t=pgJh_ttu8vjOAhqLXTp54A

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin

Nelson Mandingo posted:

This doomerism is absolute nonsense. This was a good day. Good triumphed over evil. Justice was served, and it will be ongoing.
Echoing this. This thread is bummed that the case didn't bankrupt Jones, but the headline is "Jones loses 5 million dollar defamation case while also accidentally giving his phone to Congress"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spinst
Jul 14, 2012

I'm not bummed anymore! I just had some chili.

I hope whatshisname continues to take million dollar pot shots for the rest of his fuckin' life.