Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

nine-gear crow posted:

Terminator theme intensifies.

It was a really risky decision to set the 7th Terminator movie in a timeline where Kyle Reese is actually an insane rambling crackhead rather than a soldier from the Bad Future sent back in time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PeterWeller
Apr 21, 2003

I told you that story so I could tell you this one.

nine-gear crow posted:

He does not call his wife a ho :mad:

But yeah, that movie had a fuckin stacked cast. Leo, Claire Daines, John Leguizamo, Harold Perrineau, Pete Postlethwaite, Paul Rudd, Paul Sorvino, Brian Dennehy, god drat.

The gold standard for those types of films was Kenneth Branagh's Hamlet, which moved the story up into like the early 1800s, in addition to being a drat amazing adaptation overall.

There's a good modern-day Coriolanus starring Ralph Fiennes.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Doctor Isosceles posted:

Alex Jones just got hit with $45.2 million in punitive damages.

This is theoretically capped to a maximum of $1.5mn for both sections together but the plaintiff lawyer is going to appeal that such a small amount is unreasonable.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Tesseraction posted:

This is theoretically capped to a maximum of $1.5mn for both sections together but the plaintiff lawyer is going to appeal that such a small amount is unreasonable.

Does that work?

Why is he being sued in Texas, anyway? Isn’t there a more appropriate venue?

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

I AM GRANDO posted:

Because that's where he made the defamatory statements.

Sax Mortar
Aug 24, 2004

I AM GRANDO posted:

Does that work?

He's also being sued in Connecticut, I believe.

ErIog
Jul 11, 2001

:nsacloud:

Doctor Isosceles posted:

Alex Jones just got hit with $45.2 million in punitive damages.

It's gonna be knocked down to 750k by Texas tort laws.

azflyboy
Nov 9, 2005
I happened to catch entirely too much of "The Officer Tatum Show" today, and he may actually be the dumbest motherfucker on AM talk radio.

He spent the better part of an hour insisting Alex Jones did nothing wrong ("he was right about everything with Covid!"), and being baffled why the families were awarded damages, because "they kids was already dead", while simultaneously trying to do the Joe Rogan "I'm just asking questions" shtick.

As soon as he started taking callers, every single one of them insisted Sandy Hook never happened, and he was legitimately baffled as to why all the callers kept saying that, since he was pretty sure 9/11, Sandy Hook, and Uvalde happened, but Alex Jones wouldn't have told lie, so this was all super confusing.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

ErIog posted:

It's gonna be knocked down to 750k by Texas tort laws.

As per the plaintive's lawyer it could go as high as 4.5 Mill. as there is apparently three actions and two defendants in the case. So with damages a total of about 9 million.

They're also looking to do something involving the bankruptcy court to get the whole thing counted, but who knows how that will go.

Hoopy Frood
May 1, 2008

If he's referring to voting machines, he's objectively incorrect in addition to being loving ridiculous. Australia had a Federal Election earlier this year and we didn't use machines.

Murgos
Oct 21, 2010

Hoopy Frood posted:

If he's referring to voting machines, he's objectively incorrect in addition to being loving ridiculous. Australia had a Federal Election earlier this year and we didn't use machines.

They just make stuff up. Have been for a while now. Fact checking them doesn’t work because they don’t care if you know they’re lying.

The people they are talking to will never check.

Uglycat
Dec 4, 2000
MORE INDISPUTABLE PROOF I AM BAD AT POSTING
---------------->

Murgos posted:

They just make stuff up. Have been for a while now. Fact checking them doesn’t work because they don’t care if you know they’re lying.

Goon project: factcheckingthepillowman.cx
We could be the next brown moses!

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

Hoopy Frood posted:

Surely there's an inclined plane, wedge, pulley or lever involved somewhere in the process, God help us if someone finds a screw.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Murgos posted:

I doubt they even follow much of whats being said, other than the general vibe, and maybe picking up on one or two made up "facts" I would guess. I mean if you actually try and follow trump or pillow guys argument they never really make much sense outside maybe a very vague broad argument of our side good/other side bad. No need to fact check a vibe.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Dr. Arbitrary posted:

Surely there's an inclined plane, wedge, pulley or lever involved somewhere in the process, God help us if someone finds a screw.

Most complicated thing would be plastic zip ties I guess? But other than that cardboard, paper, and some pencils.

Once it's done the AEC gives the materials back to the local primary schools so the kids who design and built everything can have a turn voting.

SniHjen
Oct 22, 2010

https://twitter.com/AusElectoralCom/status/1555724150773141506

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Dr. Arbitrary posted:

God help us if someone finds a screw.

We better hope nobody checks your mom's house then. :smuggo:

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

The Russian hacked a pencil.

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

Oh, yeah. Loud and clear. Emphasis on LOUD!
~ David Lee Roth

dr_rat posted:

As per the plaintive's lawyer it could go as high as 4.5 Mill. as there is apparently three actions and two defendants in the case. So with damages a total of about 9 million.

They're also looking to do something involving the bankruptcy court to get the whole thing counted, but who knows how that will go.

As I understand it, they have the option of appealing it to the state supreme court, with the argument that while the $750k cap exists, it was not originally designed with default judgments in mind and may hopefully get the court to rule to remove the cap by carving out that exception.

Since that's still an uphill battle, they're instead focusing on working with the bankruptcy court who is going to disregard the caps in terms of examining what Jones is actually worth and what needs to be reorganized. Furthermore, as a federal receiver, they have additional abilities to look into Jones's financials, along with that of Free Speech Systems LLC (ie. InfoWars the corporation) and the financials of any related corporations and entities.

The original trial withheld most of that information, and as their expert witness testified, there's just so much hidden that he couldn't figure out what the actual value was and had to make a lot of inferences (eg. using interest on debt owed to Jones and his family to siphon money out so the corporation can claim minor profits). Now that the information has been leaked, there are some indicators for the bankruptcy court to look into, and now they can subpoena additional information and potentially threaten actual consequences that go above and beyond financial ones.

So even if it doesn't go quite THAT far, it'll still be additional digging that can become relevant to the other lawsuits that Jones and InfoWars will be facing. IANAL, but that's how I understood it.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.
Well, this made my skin crawl.

https://twitter.com/alexsalvinews/status/1556030252677115904

SamDabbers
May 26, 2003

That was loving gross. Kinda funny tho that a simple mask is all it takes to "troll" conservatives at CPAC.

Anarchy Stocking
Jan 19, 2006

O wicked spirit born of a lost soul in limbo!

Never have I wanted to punch someone in the nose harder in my life.

Tetrabor
Oct 14, 2018

Eight points of contact at all times!

The amount of justification in the comments are just :stare:

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Jesus Christ. What a loving rear end in a top hat.

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012

Who the gently caress is this rear end in a top hat and how does he have a large following and why are there no videos of him getting hit in the face yet?

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Nottherealaborn posted:

Who the gently caress is this rear end in a top hat and how does he have a large following and why are there no videos of him getting hit in the face yet?

Some clown from Newsmax from the look of it. CPAC is probably the only time he's allowed out in public.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

"Oh she's scared, she's scared" like nobody never experienced this exact behavior from middle school bullies

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Brawnfire posted:

"Oh she's scared, she's scared" like nobody never experienced this exact behavior from middle school bullies

oooo...haha...look at the mask. Hey everyone look! a mask! Widdle baby need a mask? Did your mommy make it for you?

Guy needs a swift kick in the nuts

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
With an expression like that it feels like you should just keep on punching his face until something gives.

Harvey Mantaco
Mar 6, 2007

Someone please help me find my keys =(
That video really broke my heart to see, I'll admit it got to me. That poor woman.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Yeah he's also the guy who harassed AOC, just a gross weirdo overall.

Oh, and also he's 36. The brainworms really must've dug in deep for him to act that way at that age, but there are plenty of much older people standing around in that video not stepping in so who knows.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Women probably get a lot of strange attention at cpac.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

"I followed a woman around while she was working and filmed myself belittling her" - This fucker
"More of this, please!" - Every chud on twitter

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin
The unfortunate thing about a certain kind of mentality is that they, deep down, believe that they're the one who's being bullied.

To them, this is a "bullied kid turns the tables against his oppressor" video.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Let's all hope this is true

https://twitter.com/thedailybeast/status/1556778500064890880?s=20&t=g1OwOE6rxP0Dh3bHJFhIIQ

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

There's no need to rush to be an adult.

Either Tucker's account got hacked a few days ago or she is living her truth and supporting Ukraine.

https://twitter.com/TheRickWilson/status/1556843249981063168?t=wIXpYQQlkAOQNsyrnNKvhA&s=19

I hope they pulled every DM log they could to start connecting folks. I know a smart choice for encrypted comms isnt twitter.com but the right wing isn't exactly smart.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

At this point I'm not really sure what he could possibly have said that would lead to Consequences of any kind. Even directly admitting to a crime seems "eh" at this point.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
He might have to start his own off brand media entity if he gets deplatformed from Fox.
Lol

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

FilthyImp posted:

He might have to start his own off brand media entity if he gets deplatformed from Fox.
Lol

guess he should've held onto his stake in The Daily Caller :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Well, this week is gonna be good and likely contain all the hits in the wake the FBI raid

Soros, Deep State, Hillary, Witch Hunt, Mueller, Biden, Garland...what am I leaving out? Any way to wedge China or AOC into this? Fauci? Obama? Dominion?

We can dust off Glenn Beck's chalkboard.