Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
one of my nephews snapped one of his legs in half at a trampoline place and yeah there's a waiver.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
how do those things hold up in court lol

you shouldn’t be able to waive something like that on behalf of someone else, even your child. we all know how bad kid actors are treated behind the scenes but even they’re not allowed to waive their hourly work restrictions

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

Its not an S, on my planet it means QUIPS

loquacius posted:

this entire anecdote is intensely Jewish in both the obvious ways and a few that the goyim out there might not appreciate, I enjoyed it a lot

I haven't seen this movie despite being a big Coen Brothers fan. From what I've heard it seems like it'd be pretty intense slash depressing

Dude you gotta watch, it's probably their best work

It is pretty dark but it's hilarious and dare I say poignant too

God Hole
Mar 2, 2016

check out the city museum in St. Louis if you're looking for a 90's nickelodeon/LOtHT vibe. I went there once in my mid 20's and while I was buying a ticket my friend wandered over to a random metal coil and climbed up it into a hole in the ceiling. didn't find him again for half an hour

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Blood Boils posted:

Dude you gotta watch, it's probably their best work

It is pretty dark but it's hilarious and dare I say poignant too

The plan was to watch it during my (super Jewish) father-in-law's visit, but apparently he's already seen it so we're gonna watch Inside Llewyn Davis instead

im saint germain
Jan 30, 2021

i've come from the future to tell you all we have to stop party rock before it returns
I hope she makes well more than 300K overall for that book. I also hope Dan Schneider d*es

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
Lego star wars summer vacation is starting strong

Finn, talking to force ghost obiwan : is it a second death star? The Second Order? the emperor is back again, again?

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
https://www.oklahoman.com/story/entertainment/2022/08/05/prey-producer-lives-a-dream-working-on-native-themed-predator-film/65382943007/

This poo poo is cool as hell. I'm watching the Comanche dub now and wish id seen it this way originally. Really well done to have this kind of real commitment

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

Its not an S, on my planet it means QUIPS

loquacius posted:

The plan was to watch it during my (super Jewish) father-in-law's visit, but apparently he's already seen it so we're gonna watch Inside Llewyn Davis instead

That is acceptable

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Casey Finnigan posted:

frankly it's simply epic that pretty much all the live-action kids' television i watched as a kid was nightmare torture for the actors

and what's even more epic is that this seems to happen a lot with kids' tv!!

maybe kids should just not appear as actors in anything, ever

I didn't watch any of that poo poo lol I just stuck to cartoons. And Frasier.

indigi posted:

I don’t understand why there isn’t a Nickelodeon theme park that isn’t rides or shows or anything, you just get to go through the set of LotHT or Double Dare seeing if the challenges really were as easy as you thought they were, or climbing the aggro crag and playing those stupid green screen arcade challenges. I remember being so frustrated watching them as a 10 year old cause it seemed like the kids should have won a lot more often than they did

I remember reading that they used to film a bunch of episodes in one day and the kids spent the rest of the day sitting around waiting with nothing to eat but complementary snacks, so by the time they get onstage they're too hungry and wired to think.

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

mastershakeman posted:

https://www.oklahoman.com/story/entertainment/2022/08/05/prey-producer-lives-a-dream-working-on-native-themed-predator-film/65382943007/

This poo poo is cool as hell. I'm watching the Comanche dub now and wish id seen it this way originally. Really well done to have this kind of real commitment
Cody Big Tobacco is an excellent name

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Grey Fox posted:

Cody Big Tobacco is an excellent name

Yeah I saw that and loled

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

Nope — not good!

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

biggest hochul head in china
this video pops up on my feed every few months and it always makes me smile
https://twitter.com/ZeonTrotsky/status/1555362320016031744?s=20&t=H1xbh1nAf-spzOinJixipg

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

lmao the girl at the end

Miss Lonelyhearts
Mar 22, 2003

I loved Double Dare as a kid and this is an extremely deep dive into their process - https://www.avclub.com/it-smelled-like-death-an-oral-history-of-the-double-1798255802

Turns out things made of organic material like slime, baked beans, whipped cream etc all will start to rot on a sound stage no matter how much you clean it. They also go over the insurance stuff.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Miss Lonelyhearts posted:

I loved Double Dare as a kid and this is an extremely deep dive into their process - https://www.avclub.com/it-smelled-like-death-an-oral-history-of-the-double-1798255802

Turns out things made of organic material like slime, baked beans, whipped cream etc all will start to rot on a sound stage no matter how much you clean it. They also go over the insurance stuff.

quote:

Bob Mittenthal, Double Dare co-creator: I kind of hated the obstacle course in the beginning, even though it’s clearly everybody’s favorite part of the show. Everyone was like, “Let’s just do an obstacle course,” and I was like, “That has nothing to do with the rest of the show.”

I guess the thing that tied it all together was the idea of the mess.

lol

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

lol I thought snowflake mountain was a reality show but it's very obviously scripted. it's so bad

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

Fleetwood posted:

https://twitter.com/ZeonTrotsky/status/1555362320016031744?s=20&t=H1xbh1nAf-spzOinJixipg

I love how at the end even after completely dumpstering kazan as a person, his pride as a filmmaker keeps him from trashing kazan’s actual talent

Mirello
Jan 29, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
the new episode of nathan's show was one of the most amazing and mindbending things I've ever seen. jesus

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Mirello posted:

the new episode of nathan's show was one of the most amazing and mindbending things I've ever seen. jesus

sweet, it should be up on the torrents by now

MLSM
Apr 3, 2021

by Azathoth
the new predator movie owned

bear fight!!

Mirello
Jan 29, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Filthy Hans posted:

sweet, it should be up on the torrents by now

how do you think I got it :discourse:

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

MLSM posted:

the new predator movie owned

bear fight!!

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

Mirello posted:

at one point I lost track of how many levels of fielder we were on and started cackling

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Fleetwood posted:

drat I wish I was this cool.

Reminder that Welles was tabbed to play Baron Harkonnen in Jodorowsky's Dune adaptation, a role he agreed to after Jodo made totally unreasonable promises to Welles about the catering for the project lol

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Is this the season every hollywood starlet from the 90s comes out with a story about how every director they worked with commented on their weight

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
“All your life, all your love, all your hate, all your memory, all your pain—it was all the same thing. It was all the same dream, a dream that you had inside a locked room. A dream about being a person. And like a lot of dreams, there’s a monster at the end of it” - Nathan Fielder

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

It's beautiful. And it's for the god of...of...arts and crafts. I think that's what he said.
Prey loving ruled. Saw it in Comanche and I recommend everyone else to do the same.

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

biggest hochul head in china

DesertIslandHermit posted:

Prey loving ruled. Saw it in Comanche and I recommend everyone else to do the same.

Prey looks great

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
https://twitter.com/noumenized/status/1555695974714146819?s=20&t=UOplArWpU_nUHpqaal4P1w

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
i guess with the new HBO CEO guy, The Rehearsal is probably dead right? it's insane the budget it has to do stupid poo poo like create a super realistic fake bar or raising canes, no way that level of budget persists at the very least

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Xaris posted:

i guess with the new HBO CEO guy, The Rehearsal is probably dead right? it's insane the budget it has to do stupid poo poo like create a super realistic fake bar or raising canes, no way that level of budget persists at the very least

Lmfao, there is absolutely no way something like that gets approved again especially after the latest episode.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

The actor's apartment reveal in the latest episode of the rehearsal made me crack up so much.

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

AnimeIsTrash posted:

The actor's apartment reveal in the latest episode of the rehearsal made me crack up so much.

Thomas the paramedic did it for me

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

This Sandman show is surprisingly decent

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Filthy Hans posted:

Thomas the paramedic did it for me

Holy poo poo I missed that.

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

AnimeIsTrash posted:

Lmfao, there is absolutely no way something like that gets approved again especially after the latest episode.

It rules. I can’t remember the last show that was so out there.

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007

AnimeIsTrash posted:

the ending had me dying

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

"i guess i'd have to keep taking the class to find out" is cracking me up. what an insane show