Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

if you cover up the picture you can discern its that weird faded black bubble border they use.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

ilmucche posted:

Is that green bordered or is it the scan that makes it look that way?

I think it's just the scan, the 3 generic is tinted green too.

If you want a full on oops green border that's Revised Edition Senedrib Efreet.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

jpmeyer posted:

actual "weird wording because commander" cards

I don't understand how you'd word this any differently for an exclusively 1v1 format. It's worded weirdly so that it both doesn't target (so you can't kill your opponent's choice while it's on the stack and leave them with nothing) and also does nothing if you have no creatures so you can't just play it as a normal wrath in a control deck or w/e.

Fajita Queen fucked around with this message at 14:03 on Aug 5, 2022

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received
At a point I just accepted that magic wording is highly litigious, and it improved my enjoyment of templating so much I became a "Mel" on the psychograph.

Magar of the Magic Strings is a confusing read but it's all in service of taking a spell and making it a guy on the board that casts itself, and every weird clause in there is so it goes off without a hitch. I have animated a Lightning Bolt with Magar, taking game pieces nearly 30 years apart and using them together, and there's a beauty in a system that supports that.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
Its probably lost in the sauce a bit but I feel like there's some potential to Riveteer's Ascendency and the evoke elementals. Might just be worse than ephemerate I guess but maybe there's something there.

MasterBuilder
Sep 30, 2008
Oven Wrangler

Salvor_Hardin posted:

Its probably lost in the sauce a bit but I feel like there's some potential to Riveteer's Ascendency and the evoke elementals. Might just be worse than ephemerate I guess but maybe there's something there.

Aspiring spike had this deck list. If I remember correctly he was just as stuck in as you are.

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/FxckNigel/status/1555224164025368578

Infect decks are coming back into the meta

:imunfunny:

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Not since solitude was printed...

:smith:

Cactrot
Jan 11, 2001

Go Go Cactus Galactus

Drewjitsu posted:

Not since solitude was printed...

:smith:

The phyrexian type getting added was the lid and solitude was the nail on the coffin. I really liked playing it it both modern and legacy, before those changes it was still fun but bad, now it's just bad unfortunately.

Abhorrence
Feb 5, 2010

A love that crushes like a mace.

Cactrot posted:

The phyrexian type getting added was the lid and solitude was the nail on the coffin. I really liked playing it it both modern and legacy, before those changes it was still fun but bad, now it's just bad unfortunately.

I have not kept up with Modern for some time; how does adding the phyrexian card type gently caress infect up? I can see how solitude screws infect, especially since they don't have Gix Probe any more to see if the coast is clear.

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

Abhorrence posted:

I have not kept up with Modern for some time; how does adding the phyrexian card type gently caress infect up? I can see how solitude screws infect, especially since they don't have Gix Probe any more to see if the coast is clear.

Plague engineer

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

fatherboxx posted:

Plague engineer

Is no longer played.
In modern at least.

neaden
Nov 4, 2012

A changer of ways
Infect is still viable in legacy, but not very strong. I feel like the issue is more that we've just been power crept out of the format. Besides sideboard cards infect has gotten like one new card since WAR, scale up. Meanwhile EI, urza's Saga, Darcy, murktide, and other cards have really grown the power level of the format.

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream
4-0 with modern 8 cast :)

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

Infect is still good in Pauper, especially since the Might of Old Krosa downshift in 2X2

Mezzanon
Sep 16, 2003

Pillbug

Time posted:

Post list

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
im stupid

Time :argh:

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

neaden posted:

Infect is still viable in legacy, but not very strong. I feel like the issue is more that we've just been power crept out of the format. Besides sideboard cards infect has gotten like one new card since WAR, scale up. Meanwhile EI, urza's Saga, Darcy, murktide, and other cards have really grown the power level of the format.

Just like elves :smith:

Dr. Poz
Sep 8, 2003

Dr. Poz just diagnosed you with a serious case of being a pussy. Now get back out there and hit them till you can't remember your kid's name.

Pillbug
I know that a Leyline being put onto the Battlefield is covered by 103.5a but is the rules text on a Leyline that allows for this considered an ability or is it just special text?

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

Mezzanon posted:

Post list

Time posted:

Legacy event tonight

Going to play 8 cast, because it’s my favorite deck at the moment.

This has been my main for a while but I stole the sideboard from someone who did well online last weekend:

Should be good
They did! And good job on 8 cast. I just play pioneer, but legacy seems very fun.

neaden
Nov 4, 2012

A changer of ways

Elvis_Maximus posted:

Just like elves :smith:

Elves is doing well right now. Shepherd stops counter magic and can be a game winning threat. Most lists have dropped nettle sentinel for reclaimer and are more midranged.

Mezzanon
Sep 16, 2003

Pillbug

Time posted:

Legacy event tonight

Should be good

Time posted:

Fritzler posted:

They did! And good job on 8 cast. I just play pioneer, but legacy seems very fun.

Sorry I thought they said they also played modern 8-cast and I was hoping to see a modern list (although the legacy list is rad as hell because legacy 8 cast is cool as poo poo)

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

Mezzanon posted:

Sorry I thought they said they also played modern 8-cast and I was hoping to see a modern list (although the legacy list is rad as hell because legacy 8 cast is cool as poo poo)

No you are totally right! I am more intrigued by legacy and glazed over the word modern. My bad

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

Fritzler posted:

That’s the legacy version, I stole this version from some streamer. The sideboard was bad so I changed it.

https://www.streamdecker.com/deck/43Hi3p95l

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Fritzler posted:

same except explorer. I watch a lot of legacy content but I've never played the format

Mezzanon
Sep 16, 2003

Pillbug

Fritzler posted:

No you are totally right! I am more intrigued by legacy and glazed over the word modern. My bad

No worries at all!

Time posted:

That’s the legacy version, I stole this version from some streamer. The sideboard was bad so I changed it.

https://www.streamdecker.com/deck/43Hi3p95l

Thanks for the list! Looks neat

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream
Legacy is very fun. The format is actually in a good spot imo even with all the delver running around.

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

Mezzanon posted:

No worries at all!

Thanks for the list! Looks neat

Oh also the dreadnought is terrible I put a pithing needle main to replace it

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Dr. Poz posted:

I know that a Leyline being put onto the Battlefield is covered by 103.5a but is the rules text on a Leyline that allows for this considered an ability or is it just special text?

Static ability? Look at rule 113. Anything interesting as an interaction that arises from this?

https://mtg.fandom.com/wiki/Ability

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

neaden posted:

Elves is doing well right now. Shepherd stops counter magic and can be a game winning threat. Most lists have dropped nettle sentinel for reclaimer and are more midranged.

Oh I meant in modern, legacy elves is doing great but I don't own cradles so rip

I'd love Shepard to be in modern tbh

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Why did a Goblin Shaman token suddenly jump to $10? Was it not in the first printing or something like the Shrine Token?

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Why did a Goblin Shaman token suddenly jump to $10? Was it not in the first printing or something like the Shrine Token?

I suspect it's the one that's from fable of the mirror breaker (that has its own unique text). It is a 4x in every deck that runs mountains in every format besides modern (where it's a sometimes food, but sees occasional play in token based decks like creativity).

uggy
Aug 6, 2006

Posting is SERIOUS BUSINESS
and I am completely joyless

Don't make me judge you
Dammit lol I need one for cube

Rahu
Feb 14, 2009

let me just check my figures real quick here
Grimey Drawer

I love this. Please print it into the next commander legends wotc, tia.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Rahu posted:

I love this. Please print it into the next commander legends wotc, tia.

Hell, put it in standard and also reprint Nexus of Fate.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

People go nuts for official tokens and I have no idea why. Tokens are a great outlet for creativity, just print your own. I sold a shark token (for Shark Typhoon) for 2€ on Cardmarket the other day and it still baffles me that someone would pay actual money (3.15€ incl. shipping) just to have a "real" token when I'd just print out a picture of a Street Shark or whatever

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010
so if i were to do the foolish thing and want to grab a bunch of cheap fullarts from double masters, should i get the regular full arts or the mythics foils (talking the common/uncommon ones)

A big flaming stink fucked around with this message at 11:12 on Aug 7, 2022

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
the foils from DM2022 are pretty great compared to previous foils. I picked up 4x of a bunch of the cheaper commons/uncommons when they were at rock bottom immediately after launch, but I think the prices have rebounded a bit since. that said, this is probably the cheapest they're going to be in general while the set is still plentiful, so if you're going to pick up some to bling out a deck, I'd do it now rather than later.

bird.
Jun 20, 2010

anyone know of any good LGS or mtg spot in seattle that let you play with printed custom art cards?

raygun lounge used to be good but the scene has changed since pre-pandemic, i printed a UW pioneer deck with all custom art and yugioh cardbacks lmao

edit: i know meeples is good but west seattle is practically as far away as canada from regular seattle

bird. fucked around with this message at 22:08 on Aug 7, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

that reminds me, I keep having a persistent thought of a hypothetical yugioh-esque anime for magic. it's at the point where I have an outline of the first episode fleshed out in my head. and yes I know about the manga. it doesn't have any of the heightened reality and campiness of yugioh which defeats the purpose imho