Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Astus
Nov 11, 2008
Ink, Obfuscation

No more hiding in dark, murky depths, the Squild need to go outside and make some friends.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum
Ink, Obfuscation

beautiful clear ink

Kristopher
Jun 28, 2006
Ink, Obsfucation

Invisible ink.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
Ink, Obfuscation

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH

KittyEmpress posted:

Ink because basically every action targeting the Squild was a failure wow.

That is not spilled that which can eternal lie, and in strange aeons even ink may dry

:hai:

vorebane
Feb 2, 2009

"I like Ur and Kavodel and Enki being nice to people for some reason."

Wrong Voter amongst wrong voters

Nummor, Lord of Snacks

Nummor was dying. Dying from time!! What little strength remaining to the Snackgod seemed all too temporary.

So it was that Nummor choose to give unto the twin worlds a gift of Snacks, a Seed Of All Snacks that would give rise to a vast tower of snackbearing piercing the sky. Would it last? Could perhaps it reach between the little worlds? Well. That was not for Nummor to know.

seed, tower, snacks

vorebane fucked around with this message at 06:08 on Aug 3, 2022

Chaosfeather
Nov 4, 2008

Pinball, Competition

Zybourne Clock
Oct 25, 2011

Poke me.
Dinosaur, Extinction

Swedish Thaumocracy
Jul 11, 2006

Strength of >800 Men
Honor of 0
Grimey Drawer
Ice, Stasis

No time to relax! The world is ending!

UnCO3
Feb 11, 2010

Ye gods!

College Slice
Axe, Separation

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

"Today I will cause problems on purpose"

O'Steely, God of Axes

Even at his weakest and tiniest, O'Steely still had moments left, and moments he would spend to address a slight to himself.

I’ve seen your powers, your little tricks. I’m not impressed, and my people aren’t impressed. This cutting magic? My claws are sharper. This ‘score’ magic? Why compare ourselves in the face of survival? These new baubles, tossed to us while you bless the others with wonders? You can keep them. We’ll make our way alone - the way we always have.

"You would throw my gifts back in my face? Then you will learn in time that even your prestigious strength, your mighty claws, your sharpened teeth, will fail you one day for no other reason than because you have grown older, and what will you have left? What will you protect your people with? What is the future you have in mind for your offspring?"

"To live in the dirt, scrabbling just to live and gazing spitefully at your fellows as they reach new heights and leave you behind?"

"Or that you can claim the 'wonders' given to your fellow People for yourself."

"You are more than a beast, Axe Sharpens Axe, Adapt or Perish. My time is done, you still have yours left and what you do with it has and always will be up to you. You have been given the tools to expand beyond your natural capabilities, make use of them."

2 HP Miracle

Destructive, Cleaving, Weapon

Dinosaur, Extinction

TheNabster fucked around with this message at 21:03 on Aug 3, 2022

Magnusth
Sep 25, 2014

Hello, Creature! Do You Despise Goat Hating Fascists? So Do We! Join Us at Paradise Lost!

Creation, Bridge, Afterlife
I'm imagining my idol would be found around the flickerfare, and make building easier somehow, or, just as appropriately, allow you to commune with the spirits of the dead, resting in the flickerfare.

Ink, Obfuscation

Theanael
Jun 21, 2019
Axe, Destruction

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....
Dinosaur, Extinction

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 17 hours!
Axe, Separation

Chatrapati
Nov 6, 2012
Ink, Staining

I liked Kitty Empress' reasoning and also obfuscation is way cooler than staining.

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

Dinosaur, Extinction

The Wandering Mage
Jul 22, 2010
Ink, Staining

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Ink, Staining

Jvie
Aug 10, 2012

Dinosaur, Extinction

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Ice, Stasis

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

But People have fears that beasts do not. Questions, too.

With a crackling pop that sends gentle ripples into the Ocean, one of the Materials of Nowhere fractures.

Ink is damaged. Obfuscation is Broken. This will affect all People, creatures, structures and magic that incorporate that Aspect in particular and the Material in general. Further Breaking will increase the side effects.

The world spins on.

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

But People have fears that beasts do not. Questions, too.

When the Gods perish, the world of Nowhere continues. The People of both planetoids continue on with their lives, largely aware at this point that this is an expected part of the cycle. They sit and wait for the Gods to return. And wait. And wait.

Generations live and die in this first Godless Age, only the Heroes persisting between the long divine drought to pass on the message of the heavens. But ordinary People's lives matter too. They certainly matter to them. These are their stories.

STORIES posted:

This time instead of a formal CYOA interstitial, we'll do a collection of slices of life. Everyone give me 1-3 one sentence story hooks (unique ones, we're not voting) and I'll write up a collection of little tales about whatever you want. I'll pick five or so randomly from the generated list, and when the story is done I'll give you a choice for each. Based on the results of the choices, I'll epilogue the tales, then we'll hop back into godding! Let's see what you've got.

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

"Today I will cause problems on purpose"
>"I came to the Mattockhorn to conquer its challenges, but ended up starting a successful snack business instead!"

>It started as just an attempt to make the IKEƎA instructions portable but it turned into something more important, the first written language.

>"Uncovering the buried secrets of our ancient past, I attempted to bring back the Old Magics to my people."

TheNabster fucked around with this message at 18:20 on Aug 6, 2022

Swedish Thaumocracy
Jul 11, 2006

Strength of >800 Men
Honor of 0
Grimey Drawer
I just wanted a shiny neon stick for my nest, but I dug up something more than i bargained for!

A freak accident tore my box-home in half, but now people are starting to wonder, what shapes did it become?

Magnusth
Sep 25, 2014

Hello, Creature! Do You Despise Goat Hating Fascists? So Do We! Join Us at Paradise Lost!

I built a little shelter and that made me grow just enough not to fit, to i built a bigger one and then i grew again!

BraveLittleToaster
May 5, 2019
The Ice sounds nice when it cracks, so I want to cause a great big crack!

BraveLittleToaster fucked around with this message at 16:18 on Aug 6, 2022

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
I like to paint walls with murals, and I ended up making our whole community a bit brighter.

It takes someone really brave to explore these caverns, but hey, somebody's gotta do it.

Every morning, I get up and take a run around the village to keep healthy, trying to beat my own personal best time.

Zybourne Clock
Oct 25, 2011

Poke me.
"Here's my idea on how we finish this bridge-- we force people to work on it, even if they don't want to."

"I resent my kin for rejecting magic; they're blind to its uses, and I will make them see."

"To thank the gods for their many gifts, it is only right we gift some of our own back to them."

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum
> What once was Obfuscated deep below the Ink has now become revealed, and my sisters and I were the first to discover it!

> How are we supposed to build a grand palace if these loud birds keep stuffing the holes with their nesting material?

> The Assaurted lay to rest a line of box furniture that is too far out of fashion and thus slated for Extinction.

Lux Anima fucked around with this message at 20:33 on Aug 6, 2022

Scribbleykins
Apr 29, 2010

Any scientist with the right background can brew his own booze.

What do you mean electrolytes aren't used for brewing booze? That's silly!

Well when all you have are chunks of TNE and an overly large water ration, all the world looks like a still!
Grimey Drawer

quote:

1 HP - Idol: Meagre remnants of the God's power, affecting their surroundings by radiation. Give off a minor passive effect to their surroundings.

Apprecie-Crate-Ur - Idol of Crate-Ur

A boxy edifice. Storage mediums that spend time within the appreciating aura of the Idol have a small chance of containing something extra when opened. The longer the time spent before opening the more rare and beneficial this random thing will be... to someone.

Alternatively use the Keywords: Patience, Potential, Reward

Pleasantly Surprised Hungry Toothpicker posted:

"Oooh. Crate chickpen."

(The Apprecie-Crate-Ur's box-like edifice may also lead to a philosophical question for the People of Oneder: Does the effect include the Idol itself?)

Hooks

After the discovery of the Idol the People decided to honor the God with a contest.

The Toothpicker tribe got in such a good mood after the latest discovery that they spent the entire day talking about it, eating and drinking and having fun - it was the first ever Snackfest!

One day an Aardiche found that someone had constructed a shrine honoring a God near its territory.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
What is this big, freaky thing that washed up on the ice?

Teeth are cool, but what if I made my teeth axe shaped?!

Chirp chirp baby, daddy is off to work on the bridge, be good for mommy.

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....
"Loss of Obfuscation unravels generations long family feud."

"Jaded and old Mattockhorn guide leads yet another group of idealistic adventurers through the first leg of the journey to the peak."

"Slice of life about the realities of Maraqueet/Shiverm cohabitation in a multi-family apartment block."

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

quote:

Ink is damaged. Obfuscation is Broken. This will affect all People, creatures, structures and magic that incorporate that Aspect in particular and the Material in general. Further Breaking will increase the side effects.

The world spins on.

Pain. But could be worse, life goes on.

Book of Tales posted:

>"I remember my great gram telling stories about the old gods three offerings rejected; but can we really afford to give up that edge forever?"

>"In the depths the Tattooist continues to grapple with their power; the struggle to regain self control."

>"The Dolmen gate is still open."

Jvie
Aug 10, 2012

That snack-slamming, fake-smiling, obviously-suspicious-plans-having nincompoop just condescended to the wrong person; one Aardiche's quest to Beat Up The Wizard.

"These snacks are fake!", the first scam of Oneder, the loss of innocence.

Chaosfeather
Nov 4, 2008

Ages ago I heard of a defiled monster in the deep, but that's a children's tale. I'm going to go down there and prove it wrong.

Shiverm find some small, non-bird bright creatures and brings them to their allies. These may be useful, but they're certainly cute, whatever they are. Maybe they can live with us?

We learned to reject the gods, and I see a truth in that. Were they ever real? What if I could prove, somehow, that what only exists is what's actively demonstrative? I'll call it science.

Chatrapati
Nov 6, 2012
Obfuscation has gone, dawning the age of Illumination!

It's frightening, were we right to leave the deep?

Theantero posted:

"Slice of life about the realities of Maraqueet/Shiverm cohabitation in a multi-family apartment block."

I was going to ask for this too. Not sure if double votes are a thing for this one though.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
Oh look, someone casually discarded these divine powers. If I take them, I'll become the strongest Aardiche!

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.
The first time a large section of the Flickerfare collapsed, it was so hard to make ourselves go on without guidance...

What if we planted our lights inside the ice... we could make whole new forms of art!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Wandering Mage
Jul 22, 2010
A council of Maraqueets and Shiverm convenes to decide the fate of the refugees from the depths of the Squild domain.

An inventor on Oneder heretically deviates from the form of the axe to create the first sword.

The Maraqueets celebrate a celestial event with a brilliant coordinated light show.