Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

mobby_6kl posted:

Thanks, I'm in! The actual system isn't live yet, right? Because I can't see a way to make more poo poo images so far.

Disco Diffusion worked very well for generating more abstract, artistic images so I'm quite curious how this is gonna work out.

That event, at 2:30 30 minutes after the invite expires is when the bot is planned to go live. 30 minutes left to expire, 60 minutes until bot is live according to the discord. The team is filling requests and kinda live chatting in "prompt requests" you can see the fills at completed requests.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

pixaal posted:

That event, at 2:30 30 minutes after the invite expires is when the bot is planned to go live. 30 minutes left to expire, 60 minutes until bot is live according to the discord. The team is filling requests and kinda live chatting in "prompt requests" you can see the fills at completed requests.

OK I think I see it now. Man I hate discord, why not just do a website like a normal person. (yes because "engagement" etc)

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Discord is a terrible way to organize information I agree! I was just sighting it as a source, so I didn't sound like I was involved beyond clicking a link myself.

Sedgr
Sep 16, 2007

Neat!

Zombie Killer 5000 posted:

This was just posted on the stable diffusion discord:

Thanks for that invite.

Beartaco
Apr 10, 2007

by sebmojo

dot communist posted:

I remember seeing this a year ago and being pretty impressed. After googling around though it doesn't seem like anyone is really taking up the reins on this, at least not publically. Other than this GAN Theft Auto video / GitHub project and Nvidia's original Pac Man experiments I can't find anyone who's working on simulating actual game environments with neural networks.

AI is expensive as hell to run. This is all still in the realm of hobbyists who can afford good AWS subscriptions.

In my ideal world, Google would run their Stadia service for free and harvest all the data for this sort of stuff. I'm sure this technology is being developed behind the scenes, but we're not going to see cool poo poo like that GTA5 video too often, simply because it requires dedicated, well funded hobbyists.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
I have the Dall-E :haw: Here are my attempts to make it draw a picture of my D&D character

the rest of my credit are going to be used for making art for a new D&D book. ahahah I will never need to pay for art again take that deviant art

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Rutibex posted:

I have the Dall-E :haw: Here are my attempts to make it draw a picture of my D&D character

the rest of my credit are going to be used for making art for a new D&D book. ahahah I will never need to pay for art again take that deviant art
Starving Deviant artists: :qq:

pixaal posted:

Discord is a terrible way to organize information I agree! I was just sighting it as a source, so I didn't sound like I was involved beyond clicking a link myself.
Oh I know, wasn't faulting you at all. Just venting pretty much because instead of a page with a countdown and a text box for the prompt, we have to juggle the different channels and bots and poo poo.

Lister
Apr 23, 2004

Here's a video of a guy using Midjourney prompts for grimdark disney reboots. It's pretty funny.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gVD-zD4vJGw

Party Ape
Mar 5, 2007
Don't pay $10 bucks to change my avatar! Send me a $10 donation to Doctors with Borders and I'll stop posting for 24 hours!

Lister posted:

Here's a video of a guy using Midjourney prompts for grimdark disney reboots. It's pretty funny.

I can't attach the file because I'm too old to figure out how to get my pixel phone to shrink an image but this gave me the idea for "all the Disney princesses as a space marine squad from the Warhammer 40k universe, digital art" and it looks good enough for me to consider printing and giving to someone as the world's nerdiest gift.

I'm sure Disney and Games Workshop will only murder me a little bit for my hubris.

Ed: fwiw, replacing digital art with high definition photo turns them into badly painted miniatures which I find really relatable.

Party Ape fucked around with this message at 20:42 on Aug 6, 2022

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

DALL-E makes some pretty good fake UFO pictures.

“Disposable camera photograph of a silver flying saucer UFO hovering over a lake, midday”

“Low quality Kodakchrome photograph of silver flying saucer UFO hovering over Arizona desert, golden hour”

“2005 cameraphone photograph of silver flying saucer UFO hovering over Arizona desert, golden hour”

Lord Hydronium fucked around with this message at 22:55 on Aug 6, 2022

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

Redlining my shit posting machine

Bigfoot in the nighthawk cafe

TheGoonspiracist
Jul 24, 2002

The terrible secret of space... :stonk: the Mods, they knew!

Lord Hydronium posted:

DALL-E makes some pretty good fake UFO pictures.

“Disposable camera photograph of a silver flying saucer UFO hovering over a lake, midday”

“Low quality Kodakchrome photograph of silver flying saucer UFO hovering over Arizona desert, golden hour”

“2005 cameraphone photograph of silver flying saucer UFO hovering over Arizona desert, golden hour”

I dig it.

I've got so many versions of Orson eating peas now. And they are all amazing.

Objective Action
Jun 10, 2007

I just got access to the Stable Diffusion beta and its wild watching ~1600 people all go apeshit at the same time in a single Discord channel. Just pngs whizzing by too fast to parse.

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

Lister posted:

Kinda sucks that he just flashes the images on screen as quickly as possible to hide the results.

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Internet of Things is just someone else's computer that people can't help attaching cameras and door locks to!
:vapes:
Switchblade Switcharoo

Objective Action posted:

I just got access to the Stable Diffusion beta and its wild watching ~1600 people all go apeshit at the same time in a single Discord channel. Just pngs whizzing by too fast to parse.

The faces are really good and not hosed up.

Boris Johnson_in_GTA_V _cover_art_by_Stephen_Bliss_art

A_beautiful_matte_painti ng_of_Cosmo_Kramer_with_angel_wings

"Hey everyone! Look who it is! Socko!"

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
lmao at Orson Welles peas. fat people doing weird poo poo is probably my favorite subgenre of AI

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

EVIL Gibson posted:

The faces are really good and not hosed up.

not all of them

"bachelorette party posing with dinosaurs at Jurassic Park, photo 1998"

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
Yeah don't really get why discord of all things was used for any of these programs, cheap I guess?

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Mercury_Storm posted:

Yeah don't really get why discord of all things was used for any of these programs, cheap I guess?

Easy to track so you can ban abusers and all content is force shared. The idea is to grow an artist community.

That said Stable diffusion is going to release their source code and you'll be able to run it on an RTX 3000 series locally, or on Google colab (pretty sure on both these)

The project is interesting and the devs seem to want to directly talk to fans of AI tech, discord makes that workable. They said Mid Journey will be getting their module so you can use that on top.

Longpig Bard
Dec 29, 2004

Midjourney "A coathanger with a white bedsheet draped over it, in candle light, dark Victorian manor hallway, realistic, brooding, 4K, bokeh effect"
I meant coat rack but it still got the idea

DALL-E “A cinematic shot of a desert landscape with a large house made of geometric mirrors. A man is standing in front of the house. It is dusk. There are hints of vibrant colors. Detailed joshua trees.”

Midjourney "a selfie of a man holding his corgi puppy but their faces are swapped"

Longpig Bard fucked around with this message at 22:52 on Aug 6, 2022

Zombie Killer 5000
Oct 21, 2008

Objective Action posted:

It's a madhouse in there.

Hulk Hogan in an infomercial selling shoes with a built-in meat-warming compartment

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Zombie Killer 5000 posted:

It's a madhouse in there.

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

a machine that mass produces modern art, product photo

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Looks like okra to me

E-oh hello new page

Objective Action
Jun 10, 2007

Puppy in a soft cloth frog suit

Depiction of a Jigglypuff as a real animal

Wikihow illustration of instructions for getting your dog elected president

Objective Action fucked around with this message at 23:07 on Aug 6, 2022

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

an octopus wearing sunglasses and a golden crown, Polaroid 1988

love these lol

dot communist
Mar 28, 2005

Lister posted:

Subscribing to Joel Haver is a pro-click

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

for everyone who's been crying out for AI nudes, they're finally here, saw someone generate this in the chat :lmao:

"big tiddy gf style of Rembrandt"

:nws:
https://i.imgur.com/MjHvc7X.jpg

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

"Danny Devito as master blaster, screenshot from mad max beyond thunderdome, detailed, 4k"

didn't quite get what I wanted but still :lmao:

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

Made some Redwall/Root/Mouse Guard type character portraits that I thought turned out pretty cool:

All are variations on “Baroque oil painting of a [animal] wearing ______, warm lighting, high contrast”

Root Bear
Nov 15, 2004

DARKEST SKETCH
Just some random attempts, I'm having way too much fun with this.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Stable Diffusion:
!dream "a whale jumping a steampunk airship skyship at night during full moon on a cloudy night, high detail, octane render, reflective surfaces" -W 1280 -s 40 -S 3828556118
~18 seconds

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

TIP posted:

I got a prompt through on stable diffusion :toot:

"Nicolas Cage in full costume and makeup as Darth Icky, new Star Wars villain, photo from Entertainment Weekly cover shoot"

cage is looking rough lol

redid this one

I want it to be real

"Chris Pratt as Mario, still from Mario Brothers movie"

"Seth Rogen action figure, highly detailed, 4k, photo"

"Peter Dinklage as MODOK, photo, detailed, 4k"

"Peter Dinklage as Rambo screaming and shooting a rocket launcher, photo, detailed, 4k"

"Shirtless Christopher Walken catches salmon with his mouth in a river, photo, detailed, 4k"

goddamn fake walken is unnerving

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
"a Scottish raccoon with a swollen belly regretting having eaten pizza"

(1 edit because the belly had pepperoni sticking out of it :gonk:)

strange feelings re Daisy
Aug 2, 2000

TIP posted:

"Danny Devito as master blaster, screenshot from mad max beyond thunderdome, detailed, 4k"

didn't quite get what I wanted but still :lmao:
This is absolutely fantastic, one of the best results I've seen yet

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock
Stable Diffusion seems to be a bit too good at referencing source material, I saw it almost perfectly recreate the GTAV logo in someone's generations. Still, pretty impressive and feels better than Midjourney at the moment (Still no Dall-E 2 access!)

Some of the better generations I got:

Times Square flooded with crystal clear water on a sunny day 4K photo

Spaceship graveyard award winning 4K photo by Edward Burtynsky

glass marble with a tiny dragon inside

a man sitting in an art gallery admiring a painting of a duck

the first car collision in 1896 colorized photo (this one makes me really suspect it sometimes "remembers" trained photos instead of generating them)

a man eating a hamburger in his bedroom painted by Johannes Vermeer

men in business suits dancing underwater in crystal clear water 4K photo

And, because this is Something Awful:

a plush cat smoking a pipe wearing 3D glasses and a jester cap 4K photo

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

"dog robocop, photo, detailed, 4k"

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

Further updates on the alien menace plaguing our skies: turns out they're actually just here to chill.

“Polaroid of a gray alien giving the peace sign, flash photography”

“Polaroid of a gray alien wearing a Hawaiian shirt on a beach, vacation photograph”

neato burrito
Aug 25, 2002

bitch better have my chex mix

Sifl and Olly doing the Titanic pose together on a canoe, ultra realistic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nice Van My Man
Jan 1, 2008

On the topic of D&D portraits, I was experimenting with trying to get a lizardman and it's surprisingly tricky. Straight up lizardman doesn't work, scales for skin doesn't work, lizard head on human body just gives lizards crawling on humans... It's not really important to me, but it's kind of fun trying to get Dalle2 to draw things it clearly doesn't understand.

I got this monstrosity with "a person with a snake's face":

This guy's pretty good with "a lizard standing up and wearing armor standing in a field holding a sword, realistic, fantasy, photograph, medium shot, standing lizard holding sword"

I feel like I get better results in general with more words, even if the words seem unnecessary or duplicate. Just pile on the words. I've also been trying out the resources at the Dallery Gallery, like the prompt book: https://dallery.gallery/the-dalle-2-prompt-book/