Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Rude Tales of Magic is the only good podcast, it's true.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
That was true until Dimension 20 started releasing audio only episodes, now it's 2nd best, which is really hosed up but that's what happens when giants enter the kiddy pool.

Emzedoh
Jun 26, 2013

Emzedoh posted:

In this update, Sigurd springs into action.

Looks like Yoshida's got a plan of her own, though. Ow.

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

lmbo

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
The DRAIN... was a MAN! with a 'STINK'

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

thats probably the only explicitly true scott mccloud satire ive seen

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Fagtastic
Apr 9, 2009

I may have sucked robodick, fucked a robot in the exhaust, been fucked by robots & enjoy it to the exclusion of human partners; at least I'm not a goddamn :roboluv:

By popular demand posted:

I somehow got the impression that the Apple is moving of its own accord and this terrified the worm.

Wh.. what? Really?

Fake Name
Mar 6, 2009

"Han Solo, ha. If I'm around, you don't need that guy."

some plague rats posted:

Rude Tales of Magic is the only good podcast, it's true.

Also Oh These Those Stars of Space which is by the same group but sci-fi instead of D&D

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Fagtastic posted:

Wh.. what? Really?

Never doubt my capacity for misunderstanding young scullywag!

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
1. Mom is rude and obsessed with cleanliness, which is rubbing off on her kids
2. Bad daughter invites gross creep over just to torment him
3. Mom accidentally murdered her sneaking ex out of paranoia of the creepy stalker
4. Mom goes Lady Macbeth obsessing over the stains from the murder, a situation she created and thematically deserved as a result of 1-3
5. ??????
6. gently caress it
7. Victim daughter gets sucked into a drainpipe that's pretty scary right??

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

You forgot creepy stalker has been living in the drainpipe for weeks surviving on the family's bathroom leavings

RancidChris
Jul 8, 2011
Regarding drain comics ending, I had assumed it was going to be the comic that one panel comes from. Where the guy is squeezing his face and all the pus drips out onto someone else. I'd post it but I'm on mobile/incredibly lazy.

Anyway I assumed it was from this given the creepy guy and hygiene plot points

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

RancidChris posted:

Regarding drain comics ending, I had assumed it was going to be the comic that one panel comes from. Where the guy is squeezing his face and all the pus drips out onto someone else. I'd post it but I'm on mobile/incredibly lazy.

Anyway I assumed it was from this given the creepy guy and hygiene plot points

I forgot about it, but I had the exact same thought in the first couple of updates. Well, we still have that one to look forward to, I guess!

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

✋😢Life's just better with Ominous Gloves🤗🧤

Squidster posted:

Qualia the Purple
Episode 17: 26-32 of 32

Qualia the Purple
Episode 18: 1-8 of 31

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
Last time on Joey's Special Experience by Hirohiko Archie: Joost Jodocus (aka Josst Joestarius, who has recently become intelligent) takes on opponents in gentlemanly rounds of fisticuffs, and everything is happy-go-lucky until God appears to challenge him!

Read right to left:

Joost is learning all kinds of things about himself!

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

Flying Zamboni
May 7, 2007

but, uh... well, there it is

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

Last time on Joey's Special Experience by Hirohiko Archie: Joost Jodocus (aka Josst Joestarius, who has recently become intelligent) takes on opponents in gentlemanly rounds of fisticuffs, and everything is happy-go-lucky until God appears to challenge him!

Read right to left:

Joost is learning all kinds of things about himself!

Incredible how much this is consistently cutting right through the subtext of Joost and God's relationship.

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
Y'know, batman is bigger than I expected

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

Shirley

Shirley had a rough day, but it's gonna be okay.

Slightly long update today, which has been the case basically this whole chapter, because there weren't many great places to cut it up.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

petition for slaughteraxe to include a vice presidents counter

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

Tunicate posted:

Snake Maze
Jul 13, 2016

3.85 Billion years ago
  • Having seen the explosion on the moon, the Devil comes to Venus
Personally I suspect that Samuel Wormrider is here to stay.

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello
say hello to the man in the elevator

Flying Zamboni posted:

Incredible how much this is consistently cutting right through the subtext of Joost and God's relationship.

Anal?!

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

KennyMan666 posted:

Shirley

Slightly long update today, which has been the case basically this whole chapter, because there weren't many great places to cut it up.

There's something very soft about this comic. Occasionally it feels like there's going to be stakes but then everything is okay pretty quickly. It's a nice change of pace.

The two characters clearly care for each other. If Shirley had been an adult this would probably come across as very gay. Honestly, I'm sure there were more than a few cases in the era of a single spinster and her live-in maid that everyone just sort of knows about and doesn't want to cause an upset by pointing it out.

People commenting on how young she is does throw me off a little - thirteen was definitely seen as old enough to have a real job for a working-class kid in the Victorian era. Still, it could be me that's wrong on this one, maybe you would want someone more experienced for your sole house-servant.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

shirley has owl comic vibes

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

hosed up that someone made a comic about QCS

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Guess who got DALL-E 2 account

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Kennel posted:

Audrey #2 nails it

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

I dig the Grinchface on #4, too. Actually, I like #4 down the board. That's definitely Klara, Trixie looks great in that shade, and Lyndon just needs to look a little bit more done with this loving bullshit to be spot on

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Kennel posted:

These are excellent

gay frog chemicals
May 27, 2022

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Trixie looks a little too cool in those honestly, I think of her as a well-intentioned academic demsoc who's ultimately kinda too soft. Everyone else fits really well.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

KennyMan666 posted:

Shirley

:kimchi:

Also it's probably just a peculiarity of the translation, but I do like how them constantly referring to the visitor as "that person" comes off as a Victorian-era burn.

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

Yeah, referring to someone "that person" is a more common phrase in Japanese—"ano hito"—and it's being translated a little too literally here.

And for a very minor nitpick, Shirley takes place in the Edwardian era, not Victorian. Which only lasted for about 13 years, between the end of the Victorian era in 1901 and at most to the outbreak of WWI in 1914, but still.

Hempuli
Nov 16, 2011

Trixie Slaughteraxe for President

Hempuli posted:

Uncle Juju 1
Uncle Juju 2
Uncle Juju 3
Uncle Juju 4
Uncle Juju 5

Uncle Juju 6

Uncle Juju 7

Uncle Juju 8

Tunicate posted:

Very well!

Talking character deaths: 8
Deaths altogether: 35+
Scepter of deaths: 7+
Dead vice presidents: 2 (one of the smallest amounts of dead vice presidents there can be!)

Kennel posted:

Haha, these are fantastic! Great work on the prompts :haw:

Technocrat
Jan 30, 2011

I always finish what I sta

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
I don’t expected the inquisition to be a bit, uh, different

e-dt
Sep 16, 2019

Kennel posted:

You should send these to Thorsby on Twitter (@ComicsThorsby).

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Are these written by an AI or something

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Tenebrais posted:

The two characters clearly care for each other. If Shirley had been an adult this would probably come across as very gay. Honestly, I'm sure there were more than a few cases in the era of a single spinster and her live-in maid that everyone just sort of knows about and doesn't want to cause an upset by pointing it out.

Between Bride Story and Shirley Mori's work seems to have a running theme of celebrating feminine gender roles while simultaneously challenging their boundaries, which definitely gives off some queer vibes imo.