Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)
i had gay sex with liz

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Homeless Friend posted:

the patel gang

The Patel Hotel Cartel is a real thing

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
We got lots of family dynasties: Gandhis, Guptas , Patels, Ambanis, Kapoors.

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021
those are also incredibly common surnames.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Tankbuster posted:

those are also incredibly common surnames.

there are lots of common surnames in india that you don't see in the diaspora because their caste affords fewer opportunities. patel literally means "landed"

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

i say swears online posted:

there are lots of common surnames in india that you don't see in the diaspora because their caste affords fewer opportunities. patel literally means "landed"

You are explaining to an Indian dude what an Indian surname means. Lmfao

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021
Yeah, all those names he mentioned are by far upper or atleast freemen castes. That goes without saying that a ton of the bengali names are literally kulin brahmins with anglicized surnames.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

AnimeIsTrash posted:

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ i thought there was a misunderstanding between diaspora and not

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
I've been using Pocket Casts for years because it supports a PC + iphone app with cross-sync and library saving/resume/already played lists, but one thing that's gotten really annoying is it caches feeds and only updates a feed like on it's own schedule which cou ld be up to 4 hours before it refreshes a feed. this is really annoying when certain feeds use timed api keys that refresh constantly or just missing out on new eps until the next day.

i haven't found any other apps that do PC + phone with synced lists. like podcastaddict or google podcast or apple pockets are platform-specific which kinda sucks. spotify does cross-plat but spotify's podcast player is absolute dogshit terrible.

there's a new player called Podurama that is currently offering lifetime premium features to new accounts, so you might want to just register one and try it. https://podurama.com/ it does pc/web/iphone/android and at least has a manual refresh button which is nice. i've been playing around with it and i'm not sure i'm in love with the ui but it is fast/responsive and cross-syncing is working great, and at least it's free unlike pocketcasts. doesn't have quite as many features yet, but i also dont use speed adjustments unlike the one goon who listens to everything at 3x speed

Xaris has issued a correction as of 20:06 on Aug 6, 2022

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
They killed Indira because she went after the most powerful family in India, the Singhs.

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

rupi kaur

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)

AnimeIsTrash posted:

Indian you might be, but dude........ Hmmm........

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Xaris posted:

I've been using Pocket Casts for years because it supports a PC + iphone app with cross-sync and library saving/resume/already played lists, but one thing that's gotten really annoying is it caches feeds and only updates a feed like on it's own schedule which cou ld be up to 4 hours before it refreshes a feed. this is really annoying when certain feeds use timed api keys that refresh constantly or just missing out on new eps until the next day.

i haven't found any other apps that do PC + phone with synced lists. like podcastaddict or google podcast or apple pockets are platform-specific which kinda sucks. spotify does cross-plat but spotify's podcast player is absolute dogshit terrible.

there's a new player called Podurama that is currently offering lifetime premium features to new accounts, so you might want to just register one and try it. https://podurama.com/ it does pc/web/iphone/android and at least has a manual refresh button which is nice. i've been playing around with it and i'm not sure i'm in love with the ui but it is fast/responsive and cross-syncing is working great, and at least it's free unlike pocketcasts. doesn't have quite as many features yet, but i also dont use speed adjustments unlike the one goon who listens to everything at 3x speed

Pocket Castes

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Xaris posted:

Might have to give this a try.

BeyondPod was my preferred one, but it's had a bug that makes me reset my phone occasionally for like a year. Recently the search function stopped working, which is a core thing that tells me the dev team isn't working on it anymore.

COPE 27
Sep 11, 2006

Mandeepsplaining

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

pondicherrypicking examples

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Salvor_Hardin posted:

The Patel Hotel Cartel is a real thing

I wasnt kidding lol. I know one (ie: small business guy) and hearing him be forced to participate in the big patel events by his wife is hilarious

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

My best friend in elementary school was an Indian guy who I believe was part of the brahmin caste, and we would compete with all sorts of things (largely encouraged by his parents/grandfather). I remember that when he went with his family to visit India he came back and told me that, in India, the streets are paved with gold.

He also went to Tanzania once (his dad's side was from the Indian diaspora in Tanzania) and showed me a video they took of a bunch of wildlife there. I was pretty jealous about that.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
i dont understand a single word about these indian affairs. very confusning culture. 10,000 years old or something. oh your ancestor lived in the southern region of vishnu stan or something? that means you're racist and you're not allowed to wear purple, or something., idk. i have a friend from pakistan who gets wasted and talks about all this weird poo poo from his homeland and idk wtf hes talking about, at all

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
here in america the oldest thing is from 1970 and thats how i like it

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021

pondicherrypicking examples

Pondicherry is funny because the police there wear french kepis instead of british berets or peaked caps.

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

Smythe posted:

i dont understand a single word about these indian affairs. very confusning culture. 10,000 years old or something. oh your ancestor lived in the southern region of vishnu stan or something? that means you're racist and you're not allowed to wear purple, or something., idk. i have a friend from pakistan who gets wasted and talks about all this weird poo poo from his homeland and idk wtf hes talking about, at all

its cool that they have their own type of racism. or not cool nobody get mad at me

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Farm Frenzy posted:

its cool that they have their own type of racism. or not cool nobody get mad at me

love this. also love the highly specific racisms that ppl from south and central america have w/r/t the repeatedly cia coupd nations on their borders

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

I explained the concept of the paper bag test to my southern indian boss and he said lots of people in india think that way. he hated hindutva so so much

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021
Really funny when old family lineage stuff clashes directly with haplogroup racism.

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

Smythe posted:

love this. also love the highly specific racisms that ppl from south and central america have w/r/t the repeatedly cia coupd nations on their borders

oh hell yea

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

what was that 4chan meme of increasingly swarthy peoples declaring their pure white blood

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

PostNouveau posted:

Might have to give this a try.

BeyondPod was my preferred one, but it's had a bug that makes me reset my phone occasionally for like a year. Recently the search function stopped working, which is a core thing that tells me the dev team isn't working on it anymore.
never heard of beyondpod but yeah give it a shot, it's free and you get premium features for lifetime(?) for early new accounts.

when you mean search, you mean search episodes within a series, or search for a series? i just tried it and it offers a) search for series on the web, b) search for your own library series name, c) search within a series for an episode (i.e. trueanon -> typing in "opperman" = ep 91).

Xaris has issued a correction as of 01:58 on Aug 7, 2022

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

what was that 4chan meme of increasingly swarthy peoples declaring their pure white blood

this?

https://i.imgur.com/RP4StPu.jpg

Doktor Avalanche has issued a correction as of 02:06 on Aug 7, 2022

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry
what da gently caress

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
the memes are too drat big

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

yeah, removed the img tags

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Doktor Avalanche posted:

yeah, removed the img tags

you can always do tags with [timg] instead to make it small but perhaps that one should be left as clickthru

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
we bullied this b*Tch. we got em boys

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

I explained the concept of the paper bag test to my southern indian boss and he said lots of people in india think that way. he hated hindutva so so much

The colorism is wild. My dad is a darker skinned north indian, and one time while we were shoveling snow one of our Indian neighbors came over and kind of demanded we also shovel his driveway.

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

you can always do tags with [timg] instead to make it small but perhaps that one should be left as clickthru

lol yes
i think i either copypasted the "link for forums" without thinking or the forum itself adds img tags when you link an image

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

AnimeIsTrash posted:

The colorism is wild. My dad is a darker skinned north indian, and one time while we were shoveling snow one of our Indian neighbors came over and kind of demanded we also shovel his driveway.

lol. whenever northern indian businessmen would pass through our hotel they would disproportionally nitpick random poo poo, my boss would just silently fume and i'd be point man to keep things cool. my first ever bosses for four years were gujarati patels and it was such a different experience

Cithen
Mar 6, 2002

Pillbug

I just downloaded it to try it out and tried to use the RSS link for TrueAnon Patreon subscribers and it seems to not import bonus episodes whereas those episodes were imported on Pocketcast. Is there any reason that might be or any work around for that?

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Cithen posted:

I just downloaded it to try it out and tried to use the RSS link for TrueAnon Patreon subscribers and it seems to not import bonus episodes whereas those episodes were imported on Pocketcast. Is there any reason that might be or any work around for that?

hmm you're right, i just looked and yea my TA pat feed is goofy. all my other patreon feeds are fine. i think it's because trueanon patreon is using ACAST to setup a feed, let me look into it. maybe there's a setting im missing cuz there's a bazillion settings in here

if you look at your ACAST RSS feed manuially in chrome, does it show the premium episodes?

e: I sent an email to their support to see whats up. Fortunately it's the only feed for me that uses Acast. In the mean time, you can use this other patreon feed link: https://www.patreon.com/rss/TrueAnonPod?auth=dJgO3X_BCDO2q45Cj4z9-kDM18KwccdR which predates their implementation of ACAST

Xaris has issued a correction as of 03:30 on Aug 7, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

AnimeIsTrash posted:

What the hell