Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
COSTCO!!!
PBUC
Executive Member
I make terrible financial decisions here.
BRING BACK THE COMBO SLICE
505 Club
Death To Sams Club
Goku waiting in extremely long gas line.
View Results

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

let's invade New Zealand, they have oil

teen phone cutie posted:

anyone buy those under-the-sink water filtration systems and can vouch for it? i'm perfectly fine drinking from my brita filter but my girlfriend thinks this san diego water needs some heavy duty poo poo

we just looked at one in costco the other day but i was like ehhhhhh

What type are they selling?

I have one (not from Costco) and a 3-way mixer tap in my kitchen sink - it's great
It's nice to fill whatever bottle you want and chuck it in the fridge.

I dunno if I'd do one that filters the cold supply to my normal mixer, especially if you are using the more serious filters since they can restrict water flow quite a bit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AKZ
Nov 5, 2009

teen phone cutie posted:

anyone buy those under-the-sink water filtration systems and can vouch for it? i'm perfectly fine drinking from my brita filter but my girlfriend thinks this san diego water needs some heavy duty poo poo

we just looked at one in costco the other day but i was like ehhhhhh

Haven't seen them, but are they reverse osmosis? If yes RO systems are very effective at removing contaminants but like any filtration system need upkeep. Good ones have a build in conductivity resistivity sensor that tells you when you need new filters.

:downs:

Cithen
Mar 6, 2002

Pillbug
smokin some Co pork butt for the fam right now

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
Longlast filters are maybe ok for a 1 person house but they take soooooo long to filter if you go through water they are useless.

astral
Apr 26, 2004

The Walrus posted:

Longlast filters are maybe ok for a 1 person house but they take soooooo long to filter if you go through water they are useless.

I have one that's "Longlast+" and it takes like 5 minutes to filter. I think the previous generation without the plus took longer.

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik
At a kids birthday party, Costco did the cake. Pbuc for unexpected blessings, it’s legit good and not an insane amount of icing.

teen phone cutie
Jun 18, 2012

last year i rewrote something awful from scratch because i hate myself

norp posted:

What type are they selling?

https://www.costco.com/pure-blue-1%3a1-reverse-osmosis-water-filtration-system.product.100770498.html

yeah reverse osmosis. kinda annoying that the refills get pricey

astral posted:

Are you already using the "Longlast+" filters? If not, those filter out more things than the standard filters and could be a good compromise offer.

3-packs of those regularly go on a $10 off sale at Sam's Club

no i just buy a normal filter and use it way longer than it should be used

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

devmd01 posted:

an insane amount of icing.

Too much icing is the worst part of almost every bad cake I've had. PBUC

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

John "Black Jack" Pershing
Hard Fucking Core

Chinatown posted:

fffuuuuck

Tajin is a magic seasoning. I must have this.

I've seen people rave about, seen it on the shelves...what sort of flavor is Tajin? What do you put it on?

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik
My wife got some tajin a while back and I hate it, for whatever reason it’s not to my taste.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Tajin is basically lemon-lime and chilli seasoning.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
it goes on the rim of a glass filled with beer, clamato juice, lime juice, and a dash of soy and hot sauce

the glorious michi :haibrower:

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Micheladas are of course extremely popular, but I prefer to use my Tajin in a cantaritos. I use an añejo tequila because I think it works better with the clay cups, but whatever you have on hand will do the trick.

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
the way that peeps learn to eat it is in fruit, cuz the fruit stand you go to at 5 and the michi place or michis at home are at adulthood

fischtick
Jul 9, 2001

CORGO, THE DESTROYER

Fun Shoe
It’s great on watermelon. It’s a fun trial and error spice; definitely does not work on everything.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation
Just had a fun trip to a Canadian Costco. Felt the same but also different. Similar layout and items, but different brands for similar things. Then, the big twist at the end was realizing Canadian Costco takes Mastercard instead of Visa like US Costcos. Still got a dog and a "pop"!

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Anybody tried the new Tajín flavored kimchi?

AKZ
Nov 5, 2009

teen phone cutie posted:

https://www.costco.com/pure-blue-1%3a1-reverse-osmosis-water-filtration-system.product.100770498.html

You can save significant wear on your RO filters and stretch them quite a bit farther with a cheap replaceable aqua-pure AP217 prefilter (or similar) piped in before the RO filters. You can visually see the wear on the filter. It makes it easier to estimate how often you should change it.

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

let's invade New Zealand, they have oil

teen phone cutie posted:

Ahh well I've just got a cheap single stage filter similar to this with a 0.5micron carbon filter under my sink (refills are between $30 and $100 every 6-9months). The reverse osmosis system would be waaay more effective although replacing the filters is a bit expensive.

I personally wouldn't bother with the bigger system unless your water is terrible, we mostly use it to reduce the scale we get in coffee machine and kettles since our tap water tastes fine.
Not having a clunky Brita jug around to filter water is also nice.

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug

Smugworth posted:

Anybody tried the new Tajín flavored kimchi?

It's Tajjin the one with two "j"s

AKZ
Nov 5, 2009

norp posted:

I personally wouldn't bother with the bigger system unless your water is terrible

A very good point. Lab certified testing for analytes of concern are the best starting point to determine if you even need filtration.

fischtick
Jul 9, 2001

CORGO, THE DESTROYER

Fun Shoe

Alucard posted:

It's Tajjin the one with two "j"s

I smuggle Tajjin into Costco in my Kirkland signature Fanny Pack and use it to line the rim of my soda (with refill).

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
Costco closing at 6pm on weekends is some bullshit can I get an amen

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
That's gotta be some local poo poo.

You in a red religious area?

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

i'm in a regular suburb without any weird liquor laws, and the local costco also closes at 6 pm on saturday and sunday, 8:30 pm all other nights

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Costco Party Pack Dog Toy Bundle on clearance for :10bux: shipped

https://www.costco.com/bark-costco-party-pack-dog-toy-bundle,-4-count.product.100780727.html

They went down to $4 at most local stores but have been sold out for a while now

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

People who abandon their carts to “ go grab something” should be sent to the gulag.

Or at least a lifetime ban from the church.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Pennywise the Frown posted:

That's gotta be some local poo poo.

You in a red religious area?

im about as far from it as I can possibly be

where are YOU

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Soul Dentist posted:

Too much icing is the worst part of almost every bad cake I've had. PBUC

I've never gotten into icing enough to know the terms, but I pretty much hate anything that's more then at most 1/4" of icing and it needs to be the kind that sets firm in the fridge so it's practically crunchy.

Yes I did eat an entire buttercream frosting sheet cake as a child and threw up violently.

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf

FCKGW posted:

https://www.costco.com/bark-costco-party-pack-dog-toy-bundle,-4-count.product.100780727.html

They went down to $4 at most local stores but have been sold out for a while now

Hell yeah bought. I bought one many months ago and the dogs love it, but the only toy still hanging in there is the Cabernet Slobergnon

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

FCKGW posted:

my parents puppy approves of these

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

FCKGW posted:

Hell yeah just ordered this.

Thanks!

Edit: I also ordered my dog a $14 Sherpa blanket

MarcusSA fucked around with this message at 05:57 on Aug 7, 2022

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

MarcusSA posted:

People who abandon their carts to “ go grab something” should be sent to the gulag.

Or at least a lifetime ban from the church.
I was behind some old lady with 2 carts full of poo poo, my 8 or so light items on the conveyor, when some old gently caress comes out of nowhere and grabs my cool little divider and starts adding his own poo poo to my pile.

I put the divider back and he's like "this is my wife's we're together!!" as he moves it away, and I'm grabbing *another* divider like "yo your wife's stuff is over there this is all my stuff and cart".

Definitely Sam's Club Behavior.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

lol if you dont do self checkout at the co

wish they had barcode guns like Home Depot that you could use yourself

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
self checkout should be like 10 items or less. gently caress people who self checkout a flatbeds worth of poo poo. im trying to get my rotichicken and one impulse buy and get home thanks.

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm

Alan Smithee posted:

At mine they have nannies at every self checkout who do everything for you so I’m not sure what the point is

Poopelyse
Jan 22, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
going to costco today

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Alan Smithee posted:

Comrade self-checkout deprives the coletariat of the glory of work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

large hands
Jan 24, 2006

Alan Smithee posted:

I tried self checkout once but it doesn't auto apply coupons and gently caress that