Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

I have a Bosch washer and dryer and they're great so it sucks to hear you've had issues with their other stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inner Light
Jan 2, 2020

meatpimp posted:

After kicking up some dust with the BSH/Bosch executive group, they replaced the two combo wall oven units I've been fighting with for almost 3 years.

They sent two brand new, current model, units. Almost identical to what was taken out, the only difference is that the bottom oven is wifi now. The good thing about this is that it can auto-set the clock.

However, the microwave also has a clock, and it doesn't auto-set. So one clock got into step without intervention, and the second one is going to be incorrect until I manually change it. I think that's a metaphor for my whole Bosch experience.

How did you get connected with higher level Bosch folks to make this happen?

Loving my 300 dishwasher but I know that's par for the course. I've never had these feelings for an appliance before.

Harriet Carker
Jun 2, 2009

The “2” key on my Bosch oven doesn’t work. All the other ones do. I haven’t had to bake anything at 275 yet thankfully! I did bake a pie at 319 instead of 325.

Danhenge
Dec 16, 2005
As I recall, the dishwasher is the only Bosch appliance recommended, it's an outlier.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

When they still made full-size units about 15 years ago, I bought a Bosch front loading (Vision?) set. They were absolutely fantastic. I'd still have them if the people that bought our last house didn't make them part of the deal. My 500 series dishwasher is amazing and I don't think I'd ever buy a non-Bosch... but this isn't the first time I heard issues with ovens so I think I'd be cautious with a range/oven.

majour333 posted:

Top loader, combo unit. Probably this model, pic found online. Unit sold for $350. I want to repair because I'd probably have to knock a wall down to get this out, and because I'm cheap and stubborn.

OOH - for some reason I thought it was a stackable front loader - my bad. Sorry, wish I could help you.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Inner Light posted:

How did you get connected with higher level Bosch folks to make this happen?

Loving my 300 dishwasher but I know that's par for the course. I've never had these feelings for an appliance before.

Corporations like to make themselves look like monolithic slabs whose policies and procedures cannot be bypassed.

When, in reality, corporations are made by people. And they insulate the executive group from the riff-raff. You can ask. yell, and scream all you want to "customer service," but their system will only allow you to go as far as the system wants you to go.

So, you have to work outside of the box they constructed.

From what I've found, almost all corporations use a single email format -- lastname first initial, first name.lastname, first name lastname up to 10 characters, etc. So, once you find out what the company uses for an email format (google search for their industry reps usually gets you that), then search for the executive group and spam the gently caress out of them. Most of them won't give a poo poo, but I haven't found a company that didn't immediately respond to such an action.

DaveSauce
Feb 15, 2004

Oh, how awkward.

meatpimp posted:

From what I've found, almost all corporations use a single email format -- lastname first initial, first name.lastname, first name lastname up to 10 characters, etc. So, once you find out what the company uses for an email format (google search for their industry reps usually gets you that), then search for the executive group and spam the gently caress out of them. Most of them won't give a poo poo, but I haven't found a company that didn't immediately respond to such an action.

Yeah, this is how I end up getting recruiters sending me job listings at my work e-mail address.

All they need to do is troll around LinkedIn and find ONE person at the company with their work e-mail listed. From there, it's super simple to extrapolate just about anyone's e-mail address. C-suite people generally don't have their LinkedIn locked down, but they're often named somewhere on the company's website anyhow so figuring out their e-mail is trivial.

edit:

To be sure, your e-mail is probably never read by the person you're sending it to. An assistant likely catches and filters it out from the likely hundreds of other emails they get on a daily basis.

DaveSauce fucked around with this message at 18:16 on Aug 4, 2022

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

DaveSauce posted:

Yeah, this is how I end up getting recruiters sending me job listings at my work e-mail address.

All they need to do is troll around LinkedIn and find ONE person at the company with their work e-mail listed. From there, it's super simple to extrapolate just about anyone's e-mail address. C-suite people generally don't have their LinkedIn locked down, but they're often named somewhere on the company's website anyhow so figuring out their e-mail is trivial.

In this case, I lucked out. I got an out of office reply from the CEO that gave his assistant's contact information.

Nobody in the company has a better chance of helping you than the CEO's assistant.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

next Monday is the last big project, converting from a one piece shower surround to a tiled walk-in shower. hopefully this will get done before we are all infected with monkeypox. this is what it looks like right now - fiberglass that I had refinished with acrylic many years ago.

walls - https://www.katelotile.com/find-tile/lakeside-glazed-wall-tile/ (3x12 glossy white)
floor and part of niche - https://www.katelotile.com/find-tile/porcelart-trendy-mosaics/ (2" hex matte)

they will be doing a schluter system with a 24" chrome linear drain (in the same location as the current drain, which is nice as it reduces the plumbing work, and also I won't have to step on a drain while showering), and some new chrome grohe fixtures. also a 26" niche.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Inner Light
Jan 2, 2020

Can you loop up the bidet electrical wire into an O and zip tie it to keep it off the floor and ease cleaning? Just an idea

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Inner Light posted:

Can you loop up the bidet electrical wire into an O and zip tie it to keep it off the floor and ease cleaning? Just an idea

yeah that's a good idea. i wish the cord started on the other side so it could all be hidden behind the toilet

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

I am having my lovely loud 50 CFM fan replaced with a super quiet 80 CFM one. When they said it was compatible, I didn't think of the obvious fact that it would require cutting open more of the wall than I thought. Also it turns out the ducting is rigid (of course), so I had to get some 3" flexible ducting. Ugh. But at least it's in.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

the fan is in, it's a massive improvement - much quieter (and even quieter than it is now because the wall is opened). But the cover hides it all pretty well! haha

barely any steam formed on my mirror, and before it would cover the mirror within a few minutes

The guy will come back to do all the patching and such later, it sounds like you use drywall clips to hold the pieces in place while you mud

unfortunately there was rigid ducting, so he had to possibly cut up higher than if it was flexible, as he didn't want to move it too much

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp
Yay, Samsung dryer stopped heating again. Looks like the last time I tore it down and replaced the heating element was 2018. I guess 4 years isn't bad for a replacement part.

I've ordered a replacement element, fuse, and thermostat kit so ideally I only have to take it apart once, diagnose, and then put it back together.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

Costco's contracted delivery company delivered both washer and dryer badly dented; they told us they were taking them back before I requested it. Costco now says the one I want is out of stock, and no, I can't switch my order to the in-stock black one by paying the difference from when they were both on-sale, but they're happy to cancel the order! I'm going to give it a couple of weeks to see if it comes back in stock, because we got this pair at $700 off and it had features I wanted.

Pilfered Pallbearers
Aug 2, 2007

Arsenic Lupin posted:

Costco's contracted delivery company delivered both washer and dryer badly dented; they told us they were taking them back before I requested it. Costco now says the one I want is out of stock, and no, I can't switch my order to the in-stock black one by paying the difference from when they were both on-sale, but they're happy to cancel the order! I'm going to give it a couple of weeks to see if it comes back in stock, because we got this pair at $700 off and it had features I wanted.

How badly dented? If it seems cosmetic maybe ask for more off and take it?

Harriet Carker
Jun 2, 2009

Yeah I feel like denting on a washer/dryer really isn’t a big deal. Was it like massive craters?

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

Harriet Carker posted:

Yeah I feel like denting on a washer/dryer really isn’t a big deal. Was it like massive craters?

Yeah, unfortunately it was a massive crater, deep enough that I was concerned it might have bent an underlying component.

eta: The delivery service unloaded it, said they were sorry, said they were taking it back to the warehouse. So they took one look at it and realized it was too damaged to deliver, before I'd even seen it.

Arsenic Lupin fucked around with this message at 02:04 on Aug 6, 2022

Inner Light
Jan 2, 2020

Arsenic Lupin posted:

Yeah, unfortunately it was a massive crater, deep enough that I was concerned it might have bent an underlying component.

eta: The delivery service unloaded it, said they were sorry, said they were taking it back to the warehouse. So they took one look at it and realized it was too damaged to deliver, before I'd even seen it.

Who sold you these things? I dunno how lowes depot does it but looking at this stuff before it is on the truck to the customer is like basic QA. Hope you got a reasonable deal at least! An annoying fuckup.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

Costco, who contract out their deliveries. And I got $700 off a high-end washer-dryer set, which is why I'm waiting to see when it comes back in stock. I am really pissed off because customer service isn't allowed to switch my order for an out-of-stock white set to the same black set in-stock without paying the non-sale price. I'd happily pay the difference between the white set and the black set, but no.

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Inner Light posted:

Who sold you these things? I dunno how lowes depot does it but looking at this stuff before it is on the truck to the customer is like basic QA. Hope you got a reasonable deal at least! An annoying fuckup.

Don't sign your posts!

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

If he signs it, it could be any of us

Corla Plankun
May 8, 2007

improve the lives of everyone

Arsenic Lupin posted:

Costco, who contract out their deliveries. And I got $700 off a high-end washer-dryer set, which is why I'm waiting to see when it comes back in stock. I am really pissed off because customer service isn't allowed to switch my order for an out-of-stock white set to the same black set in-stock without paying the non-sale price. I'd happily pay the difference between the white set and the black set, but no.

Have you tried asking for the higher ups at customer service and really laying it all out? I wouldn't rest until I had a replacement with 700 bucks knocked off and the treatment and timeline is such that it seems clear that you deserve it. And Costco is like the 11th richest company in the nation right now so its not like they can't afford it.

Personally I wouldn't get off the phone until I either 1) had a new set on the way or 2) was banned from costco for life. Because this is unacceptable as hell.

Corla Plankun fucked around with this message at 14:57 on Aug 6, 2022

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

Vim Fuego posted:

Don't sign your posts!

Amazing.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

If they're working, they're probably fine.

But, it's costco. Their customer service is typically amazing and pretty much the only place I buy major stuff for my home. Return them, get a full refund, buy the new set you really want when its on sale and in stock (which is a roll of the dice on a lot of appliances now).

Or in the meantime if they still work fine (they likely will if they are now) keep it and enjoy your $700 discount.

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words
They don't have them, that's the point

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

slidebite posted:

If they're working, they're probably fine.

But, it's costco. Their customer service is typically amazing and pretty much the only place I buy major stuff for my home. Return them, get a full refund, buy the new set you really want when its on sale and in stock (which is a roll of the dice on a lot of appliances now).

Or in the meantime if they still work fine (they likely will if they are now) keep it and enjoy your $700 discount.

I have already returned them, because one of them arrived so severely dented that both my husband and I were worried about short- and long-term impacts on functionality.

Corla Plankun posted:

Have you tried asking for the higher ups at customer service and really laying it all out? I wouldn't rest until I had a replacement with 700 bucks knocked off and the treatment and timeline is such that it seems clear that you deserve it. And Costco is like the 11th richest company in the nation right now so its not like they can't afford it.

Personally I wouldn't get off the phone until I either 1) had a new set on the way or 2) was banned from costco for life. Because this is unacceptable as hell.
God, I'm bad at conflict. Okay, so I call for a third time, they say no, and I say "May I speak to your supervisors, please?" The last time I called the person actually put me on hold for 5 minutes trying to negotiate a better deal, fwiw. I was also thinking of writing a paper letter to the CEO and mailing it on the hopes that his executive assistant's executive assistant might do something useful. Or doing the same on Twitter.

Pilfered Pallbearers
Aug 2, 2007

Arsenic Lupin posted:

I have already returned them, because one of them arrived so severely dented that both my husband and I were worried about short- and long-term impacts on functionality.

God, I'm bad at conflict. Okay, so I call for a third time, they say no, and I say "May I speak to your supervisors, please?" The last time I called the person actually put me on hold for 5 minutes trying to negotiate a better deal, fwiw. I was also thinking of writing a paper letter to the CEO and mailing it on the hopes that his executive assistant's executive assistant might do something useful. Or doing the same on Twitter.

You'll get far more traction on CEO email or public twitter blast.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe
Just learning of something called a Cave Cricket. Opened the storeroom in our portico in the new house and there were about 50-75 of them all over the walls.

loving nightmare fuel.

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

BonoMan posted:

Just learning of something called a Cave Cricket. Opened the storeroom in our portico in the new house and there were about 50-75 of them all over the walls.

loving nightmare fuel.

Haha, yeah, there's always a few that live in the unfinished basement here. I sometimes mistake them for the chonky house spiders I get here and get a fright but the crickets are pretty chill. I do try to remove them and boy are they big and jumpy.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

Mmkay, I have a good succinct letter written. Somewhere in the last couple of pages was a list of common corporate email formats. The CEO is W. Craig Jelenek. I thought I'd try (sequentially)

craigjelenek@costco.com
craig_jelenek@costco.com
jelenek_craig @costco.com
jelenek_c@costco.com

(second set, if first fails)
wcraigjelenek@costco.com
jelenek_w@costco.com
Are there other common formats I should try?

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf

Arsenic Lupin posted:

Mmkay, I have a good succinct letter written. Somewhere in the last couple of pages was a list of common corporate email formats. The CEO is W. Craig Jelenek. I thought I'd try (sequentially)

craigjelenek@costco.com
craig_jelenek@costco.com
jelenek_craig @costco.com
jelenek_c@costco.com

(second set, if first fails)
wcraigjelenek@costco.com
jelenek_w@costco.com
Are there other common formats I should try?

Craig.Jelenek@costco.com

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

this site says

https://paganresearch.io/company/costco

Employee:Craig Jelinek
Title:CEO, EVP & COO
Email:
cjelinek@costco.com
LinkedIn:
https://www.linkedin.com/in/craig-jelinek-88b18113/
Employee:Paul Moulton
Title:EVP and CIO
Email:
pmoulton@costco.com
LinkedIn:
https://www.linkedin.com/in/craig-jelinek-88b18113/
Employee:Peter Sampson
Title:Executive Director - Technology Solutions
Email:
psampson@costco.com
LinkedIn:
https://www.linkedin.com/in/peter-sampson-03586b55/
Employee:Jay B. Smith
Title:Director of Marketing Strategy and Digital Growth
Email:
jsmith@costco.com
LinkedIn:
https://www.linkedin.com/in/jay-b-smith-03b82220/

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!
bigdickcraig@costco.com

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

Tunicate posted:

this site says

https://paganresearch.io/company/costco

Employee:Craig Jelinek
Title:CEO, EVP & COO
Email:
cjelinek@costco.com

Thank you! I'll let the thread know if I get a reply.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

BonoMan posted:

loving nightmare fuel.

The most I ever murdered in one day was 62. We got them pretty bad in our basement, but they really hate light. Sealing up some seams and cracks in the garage plus leaving two lights on in perpetuity has fully banished them.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Sash! posted:

The most I ever murdered in one day was 62. We got them pretty bad in our basement, but they really hate light. Sealing up some seams and cracks in the garage plus leaving two lights on in perpetuity has fully banished them.

post+avatar lol

ssb
Feb 16, 2006

WOULD YOU ACCOMPANY ME ON A BRISK WALK? I WOULD LIKE TO SPEAK WITH YOU!!

We need to replace our lovely kitchen range. It's a crappy old Kenmore electric that's older than my wife and no amount of repair is making it usable. I want to replace it with a gas (well, LP) one. However, it's this weird design that sits kind of on the counter base sort of:

It's 30" wide. How do I go about replacing this? Do I just pull it out and try removing the counter base it sits on? Or do they make gas ranges like this anymore?

Should I just hire someone who knows what the gently caress they're doing?

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

ssb posted:

We need to replace our lovely kitchen range. It's a crappy old Kenmore electric that's older than my wife and no amount of repair is making it usable. I want to replace it with a gas (well, LP) one. However, it's this weird design that sits kind of on the counter base sort of:

It's 30" wide. How do I go about replacing this? Do I just pull it out and try removing the counter base it sits on? Or do they make gas ranges like this anymore?

Should I just hire someone who knows what the gently caress they're doing?

30" is a standard range width, so you're good there. The built-in design should be easy to eliminate once you remove the range. Just cut out the existing framework underneath. You may need to use some OSB to level the floor (the tile probably doesn't extend underneath.

As far as converting to gas, there are a number of challenges with that, including running the piping and possibly space, since you seem to be right up against the ?dishwasher?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ssb
Feb 16, 2006

WOULD YOU ACCOMPANY ME ON A BRISK WALK? I WOULD LIKE TO SPEAK WITH YOU!!

meatpimp posted:

30" is a standard range width, so you're good there. The built-in design should be easy to eliminate once you remove the range. Just cut out the existing framework underneath. You may need to use some OSB to level the floor (the tile probably doesn't extend underneath.

As far as converting to gas, there are a number of challenges with that, including running the piping and possibly space, since you seem to be right up against the ?dishwasher?

Yeah the dishwasher is just to the right of it. I had a company out a bit back and they said that running the gas line shouldn't be too much of an issue, but I suppose I don't really know. All the plumbing and electric for the diswasher goes to the right, what would be the concern with space for a gas line?