Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

We need more women in STEM, and by that, I mean skateboarding, television, esports, and magic.
Lot of nice Twitter clips from Family Night aggregated together in this blog post: https://www.acmepackingcompany.com/...l-savage-injury

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/BradBiggs/status/1555931757433716736

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

that's it, it's over for you hos

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

Kopitar posted:

The geniuses at ESPN have rated the Bears oline as the 13th best

https://www.espn.com/nfl/insider/in...-win-rates-2022

amazing

dont you feel stupid now :smuggo:

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Pops Mgee posted:

The family night broadcast is pronouncing it “Dobs” Twitter told me in April it was pronounced “Dubs”

Hype fading

Apparently everyone had been pronouncing it wrong in college for years and Doubs only recently corrected people.

oshuaj posted:

Jordan Love looks quicker than in past years

After 2020 kinda wiped out the preseason, this is effectively only Love's second preseason. I'll be really interested in seeing how he performs with the second-string players over the next few weeks.

Hizawk
Jun 18, 2004

High on the Lions.

Lions Beatwriter posted:

By my very unofficial count, Jared Goff was 13 of 17 passing for 171 yards, 4 TDs and 0 picks in today's scrimmage. DJ Chark caught two of those TDs (3, 33 yards), while Josh Reynolds (12 yards) and Amon-Ra St. Brown (18 yards) added one apiece

Jared Goff Comeback player of the decade.

(Playong the majority against the Lions second team defense)

Danny LaFever
Dec 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Kopitar posted:

amazing

As funny as having the Lions be 26th and justify it by saying Sewell isn't that good and ignoring that Ragnow exists.

Danny LaFever
Dec 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

tinstaach posted:

much like the Lions in general, I will believe when I see an extended period of success in real games and not one single second earlier

I'm hyped for 7 maybe 8 wins this year.

Dog Faced JoJo
Oct 15, 2004

Woof Woof

Big "We thought he was here because he is your friend" energy .

sweet geek swag
Mar 29, 2006

Adjust lasers to FUN!

Kopitar posted:

amazing

How bad are the other 19 teams that this is even conceivable?

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n2bNrqDzZso

It's gonna be so sad watching him get crushed by the Bears.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Bears will run out of quarterbacks due to questionable O-line play, and will coax Kyle Orton out of retirement and sign him to a contract after Week 8.

Nathan Peterman will still be on the roster during this time, but nobody dares to make him QB1.

Parallelwoody
Apr 10, 2008

Danny LaFever posted:

As funny as having the Lions be 26th and justify it by saying Sewell isn't that good and ignoring that Ragnow exists.

I thought the Lions oline was widely considered a top ten unit??

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

Parallelwoody posted:

I thought the Lions oline was widely considered a top ten unit??

It is. That list is an absurdity.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp

Gonz posted:

It is. That list is an absurdity.

It seems pretty obvious that the dude created a statistical model and then desperately tried to stick with it even as it began pumping out nonsense.

sweet geek swag
Mar 29, 2006

Adjust lasers to FUN!

Acebuckeye13 posted:

It seems pretty obvious that the dude created a statistical model and then desperately tried to stick with it even as it began pumping out nonsense.

This makes a lot more sense.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

I like the Reiff and Schofield signings but there is no way the Bears line is good by any metric. I feel like if they can just be mediocre, it'll be an incredible accomplishment.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

Niwrad posted:

I like the Reiff and Schofield signings but there is no way the Bears line is good by any metric. I feel like if they can just be mediocre, it'll be an incredible accomplishment.

The Bears line is definitely not good by any metric. But I do think it is way more unknown than outright bad. I'm also aware that my Justin Fields love has made me go full homer, so I don't know that anything I say can be trusted.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Sataere posted:

The Bears line is definitely not good by any metric. But I do think it is way more unknown than outright bad. I'm also aware that my Justin Fields love has made me go full homer, so I don't know that anything I say can be trusted.

The line is a loving disaster.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

R.D. Mangles posted:

Of course you would think so!

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

I want to believe

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

R.D. Mangles posted:

I want to believe

Honestly, I'm amazed I have any faith left in me

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

Sataere posted:

Honestly, I'm amazed I have any faith left in me

So am I

This line is going to get Fields David Carr'd

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

R.D. Mangles posted:

The line hasn't played a game yet

Hizawk
Jun 18, 2004

High on the Lions.

Acebuckeye13 posted:

Crimson Ghosts' O-Line Power Rankings.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Acebuckeye13 posted:

Assuming he's telling the truth:

quote:

Then we averaged those pass and run block ranks with a 60/40 split favoring the passing game, based approximately on how much PBWR and RBWR correlate with a team's expected points added per play.

as far as I can tell the big problem here is it doesn't take opponent quality in account.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

SKULL.GIF posted:

Assuming he's telling the truth:

as far as I can tell the big problem here is it doesn't take opponent quality in account.

I'm pretty sure the big problem is it gave last year's Bears offensive line at 13. SoS they had one of the toughest schedules, so I doubt that is the problem.

Hand Row
May 28, 2001
Well the Bears expected points per play is zero so the line appeared extremely productive in comparison hence the dumb ranking.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/nfl_dovkleiman/status/1556055266281398272?s=21&t=uQNiaJmqU0KidD4fF3QNqw

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/profootballtalk/status/1556343513587105794?s=21&t=eOSUxU0nTvHa5h1828pnmw

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

Bears in prime position to draft CJ Stroud, Bryce Young or Will Anderson Jr in 2023.

Danny LaFever
Dec 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Ragnow saying Applebee's is a top five restaurant is not the stuff I want getting out in Hard Knocks.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
You might want to sit down for this but I would say most players are actually pretty high on chain restaurants

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

TITTIEKISSER69 posted:

The line hasn't played a game yet

And with luck, they never will.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Justin Fields is going to be the best QB in the division this season and also never complete a pass.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Danny LaFever posted:

Ragnow saying Applebee's is a top five restaurant is not the stuff I want getting out in Hard Knocks.

Is it out yet?

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Sataere posted:

Is it out yet?

The 9th at 10 pm EST.

Are we gonna do a thread for it?

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Gonz posted:

Bears in prime position to draft CJ Stroud, Bryce Young or Will Anderson Jr in 2023.

Is there a consensus #1? I don't think they'll be bad enough to get the #1 pick but they'll put up a fight for it.

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.

Niwrad posted:

Is there a consensus #1? I don't think they'll be bad enough to get the #1 pick but they'll put up a fight for it.

pretty sure they can’t go wrong drafting an osu qb, stroud all the way

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

HootTheOwl posted:

Justin Fields is going to be the best QB in the division this season and also never complete a pass.

If you told the Bears fans that he's the next Bobby Douglass, there would be a run on booze in the city.