Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: bagmonkey)

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

I got to be one of the first into the new hot image AI :toot:

"an octopus wearing sunglasses and a golden crown, Polaroid 1988"

love these lol

(it's stable diffusion)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

tune the FM in to static and pretend that its the sea
Gat dang

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

TIP posted:

love these lol

(it's stable diffusion)

i cant wait to get access i got in super early
but couldnt watch the whole launch

Ruby Gloom
May 8, 2004

i showed u my trash pls respond

:cthulhu:

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

It is raining for the first time in months. So relaxing to hear it hit the roof.

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

Zil posted:

It is raining for the first time in months. So relaxing to hear it hit the roof.

For real its been dry af lately

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DtQOlErK2bI

also for real I fuckin love the cure

Ruby Gloom
May 8, 2004

Revins posted:

For real its been dry af lately

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DtQOlErK2bI

also for real I fuckin love the cure

revins you're missing movie niiiiiight

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

I'm too worn out from heat exhaustion to do more than lay in bed and listen to this on repeat

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sXyRAsBp998

Ruby Gloom
May 8, 2004

Revins posted:

I'm too worn out from heat exhaustion to do more than lay in bed and listen to this on repeat

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sXyRAsBp998

probably more soothing than robert downey jr's australian accent so you made the right choice :hmmyes:

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

TIP posted:

love these lol

(it's stable diffusion)

have you seen anyone generate a human riding a weird animal

asking for a friend

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

yall im so gd tired i got up at 7:30 this morning for daycare dogs and didnt hear back until almost noon that its tomorrow actually hehe oopsie

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

AARD VARKMAN posted:

have you seen anyone generate a human riding a weird animal

asking for a friend

I'll run a prompt for you if you like

I tried to get Danny Devito riding a human but it didn't understand master blaster

TIP posted:

"Danny Devito as master blaster, screenshot from mad max beyond thunderdome, detailed, 4k"

didn't quite get what I wanted but still :lmao:

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

ok AARD I tried

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

TIP posted:

ok AARD I tried

thank you and lmao at the last one especially

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

decided to make some possible new avatars

Ruby Gloom
May 8, 2004

jesus christ this page :lmao:

DorkusMalorkus
Aug 4, 2009

"That's not Latin!"
They're all like alllllmost normal but someone's face is always smeared and it creeps me out

Those octopus ones are pretty rad though

I just wanted to let you know that I might not post in this thread a whole lot, but I appreciate it. Checking this thread and a few others in the Awful app has replaced checking twitter in the "what i do on my phone for a few minutes when i'm bored at work" category, and I like to think my mental health has improved like 1 percent because of it. Cause twitter makes me feel way more insane than I want or need to, and you folx are all pretty cool.

Ruby Gloom
May 8, 2004

DorkusMalorkus posted:

They're all like alllllmost normal but someone's face is always smeared and it creeps me out

I just wanted to let you know that I might not post in this thread a whole lot, but I appreciate it. Checking this thread and a few others in the Awful app has replaced checking twitter in the "what i do on my phone for a few minutes when i'm bored at work" category, and I like to think my mental health has improved like 1 percent because of it. Cause twitter makes me feel way more insane than I want or need to, and you folx are all pretty cool.

:glomp:

AKZ
Nov 5, 2009

DorkusMalorkus posted:

:respek:

DONKEY SALAMI
Jun 28, 2008

donkey? donkey?

DorkusMalorkus posted:

:buddy:

DONKEY SALAMI
Jun 28, 2008

donkey? donkey?

TIP posted:

decided to make some possible new avatars

John Thick

Ruby Gloom
May 8, 2004

AKZ
Nov 5, 2009

Keanu Breathes heavily

Ruby Gloom
May 8, 2004

i ate the pizza and i have regrets

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Revins posted:

Lol it's been over 100f here for days now

Also 67 buckaroos for a ticket to see Sunny Day Real Estate god dang

I can't not go see them though

Yeah after fees and such $140 or so for two tix but it’s SDRE so :shrug:

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

DorkusMalorkus posted:

:same:

Glad to have you along dorkus

Ruby Gloom
May 8, 2004

i can't believe no one told me about the possum in a peanut thread :mad:

Computer viking
May 30, 2011
Now with less breakage.

Time for another album, I guess? The last one was #65, noisy prog

64/100
Lillebjørn Nilsen
Original Nilsen (1986)
(One of three sharing #65)

When talking about Alf Cranner (#66), I mentioned that he was credited with starting a wave of singer/songwriters in the next generation. Jan Eggum at #68 was one of those, and Lillebjørn Nilsen is another of the prime ones - and together, they're half of a super group (Gitarkameratene - The Guitar Buddies) made up of four leading ones.

Lillebjørn Nilsen was born Bjørn Falk Nilsen, but the first performances he did were in a duo with another Bjørn (Morrise). Since the other Bjørn was taller, he was referred to as Big Bjørn, while our guy became Little Bjørn, and it kind of stuck. Also, while Bjørn is a fairly common name, it's also "Bear" - so he is "Little Bear Nilsen". He has worked with a number of other competent people - he spent a while cooperating with the Django Reinhardt - inspired jazz group Hot Club de Norvège, toured with another band, started the aforementioned Gitarkameratene, and did and still does solo tours and live albums, though he hasn't done an album of new songs since 1995.

Culturally, he's another guy who is very much from and of Oslo (the other one we've had being the poet Jan Erik Vold at #89), and he's generally a likeable and peaceful guy. He also wrote the "teach yourself to play guitar" book in Norwegian; it's apparently the single most sold music teaching book sold in Norway ever.

Today's album is from the middle of his productive period, and I think it may be his most well known - I've only heard a couple of the songs before, but I've definitely heard those before. They're kind of pleasant, which I guess describes the album?

This first one is with Hot Club de Norvége, which makes sense given the lyrics - and may be his single most well known:

quote:

Beate has an aunt, she lives in a street in the old town
And with hat and feathers she's a beautiful sight
On her way down Schweigaards Street to feed the pigeons
between the smoke and fumes at Harald Hardråde's plaza

And when the bag's empty and the pigeons escaped, she walks home again
and finds her old gramophone
She winds it up and swings her body to the tones
And thinks that "Jazz died with Django Reinhardt!"

Beate's aunt puts on a record with skips and wounds
And thinks of back when she was twenty
When she and Ole Willy thought it was so cheap at Angleterre
And Robert Normann knew how Django played.

"And it's a shame this city, it's not what it used to be!
She says, and pulls her tulle curtains.
"There's nothing that swings like things did before!
All I have in my old days are this record"

Beate's aunt flips over her old record yet another time
And serves tea with milk (Lapsang Souchong!)
Then she waves a finger, while intoning strictly
"Don't forget what we got from Django Reinhardt!"

And when Beate's aunt must finally leave us
And the pigeons find their food themselves,
St Peter stands there saying
"We missed you here!"
And she gets a hug while Django tunes his guitar
and she gets a hug while Django tunes his guitar.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YALB6B6GSGA
(Or a 2011 live version with Gitarkameratene)

I'll just do one verse from the next one - there's a lot of street names and little scenes, but just the intro gives you the feeling. (He writes long lyrics.)

quote:

The sun has long ago set behind the west side somewhere, and
along the fjord the night sails slowly in
It anchors by the harbor and walks the streets
dressed as a cool southern wind.
My city, you lie restless even though your day is over. For
you know your nights are never long.
Your light never gets turned off, nobody pats your pillow -
but from me, you'll get a lullaby:
Good night, dear Oslo. Good night, good night.
Good night, dear Oslo; sleep well tonight!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=USDyUC1Ppog

Spotify link to the album

Computer viking fucked around with this message at 03:07 on Aug 7, 2022

neato burrito
Aug 25, 2002

bitch better have my chex mix

TIP posted:

love these lol

(it's stable diffusion)

I'm starting to wonder if having the general public teach these learning machines is a good idea or not. It's obviously an incredible feat of programming but it feels like a stepping stone on a path that takes us to machine overlords. gently caress it. It's not like we've been doing a bang up job anyway.

ilovebeersooomuch
May 23, 2014

DorkusMalorkus posted:

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

ilovebeersooomuch
May 23, 2014

Ruby Gloom posted:

i ate the pizza and i have regrets

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

just stepped on a nail and it went almost through my foot it made a red mark on top where it tried to come through

Ruby Gloom
May 8, 2004

:mad:

i'm probably 30% less shrek like drat you!

ilovebeersooomuch
May 23, 2014

neato burrito posted:

I'm starting to wonder if having the general public teach these learning machines is a good idea or not. It's obviously an incredible feat of programming but it feels like a stepping stone on a path that takes us to machine overlords. gently caress it. It's not like we've been doing a bang up job anyway.

Computer viking
May 30, 2011
Now with less breakage.

Sid Vicious posted:

just stepped on a nail and it went almost through my foot it made a red mark on top where it tried to come through

Uh that doesn't sound ideal, in a "maybe you should talk to the ER about flushing it out or something so it doesn't get infected" way?

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Sid Vicious posted:

Jesus gently caress

Get a tetanus shot ASAP

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Computer viking posted:

Uh that doesn't sound ideal, in a "maybe you should talk to the ER about flushing it out or something so it doesn't get infected" way?

i just poured hella uhhhh the stuff you use. peroxide. on it

ilovebeersooomuch
May 23, 2014

Ruby Gloom posted:

:mad:

i'm probably 30% less shrek like drat you!

Dude they are really awful images and you look nothing like them but I had to post anyway

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ruby Gloom
May 8, 2004

also it wasn't all the pizza, it was just "pizza" but i think the bad cider is still inside me somehow and it is *bad*