Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Threadkiller Dog
Jun 9, 2010
All I know is the Ebba Busch child-eating-grin posters in the metro are giving me shivers already. September is going to be terrible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

BonHair posted:

It would be interesting to see if SD is willing to actually be part of a government, given the track record of DF over here. Both options are probably bad for them, since they won't be able to solve every problem by genociding Muslims.

Åkesson has been in politics for too long to resist being minister. I think SD are earnest when they keep flagging to M that they'll brinkmanship themselves into government if they have to.

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

I wonder if SD will have the FRP experience of discovering that being a lesser part of a government coalition can be terrible for a far right populist party's popularity with their own base, because they'll have to compromise on a bunch of promises. Like will we see a Swedish equivalent of the road toll party popping up.

Jon Pod Van Damm
Apr 6, 2009

THE POSSESSION OF WEALTH IS IN AND OF ITSELF A SIGN OF POOR VIRTUE. AS SUCH:
1 NEVER TRUST ANY RICH PERSON.
2 NEVER HIRE ANY RICH PERSON.
BY RULE 1, IT IS APPROPRIATE TO PRESUME THAT ALL DEGREES AND CREDENTIALS HELD BY A WEALTHY PERSON ARE FRAUDULENT. THIS JUSTIFIES RULE 2--RULE 1 NEEDS NO JUSTIFIC

MiddleOne posted:

So guys, who do you think wins the election in September.
The social fascists.

quote:

Fascism is not only a military-technical category. Fascism is the bourgeoisie’s fighting organisation that relies on the active support of Social-Democracy. Social-Democracy is objectively the moderate wing of fascism. There is no ground for assuming that the fighting organisation of the bourgeoisie can achieve decisive successes in battles, or in governing the country, without the active support of Social-Democracy.

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

ThaumPenguin posted:

I wonder if SD will have the FRP experience of discovering that being a lesser part of a government coalition can be terrible for a far right populist party's popularity with their own base, because they'll have to compromise on a bunch of promises. Like will we see a Swedish equivalent of the road toll party popping up.

being a junior partner in coalition is bad for just about everyone - you get some policy through, but the senior partner sets the tone. erna solberg's whole government period was embroiled in giving throwing money at her junior partners' passion projects so they could have something to point at, most pathetically when she gave KrF's right wing abortion pledges in return for joining her government. that exploded KrF and now it's slowly bleeding out. something similar is visible with Sp in norway right now - despite being very, very strong in parliament and government and actually delivering on some of their core pledges, they've gotten stuck in the Labour Party's weird administrative-technocratic framework and it's absolutely murder on their popularity.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
So this sudden eruption in “SD is connected to hyper racists????” - am I missing something? I knew this before moving here. How is it news?

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

teen witch posted:

So this sudden eruption in “SD is connected to hyper racists????” - am I missing something? I knew this before moving here. How is it news?

It's election season.

fnox
May 19, 2013

teen witch posted:

Apparently it's news due to the publication of this.

It's some sort of move to be transparent, like if admitting their lovely past somehow vindicates them in the present.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
It’s a weird beast of a project. It’s conducted by a guy from Uppsala University who I’ve actually dealt with in the past; he was an advisor on an essay I did a few years back. He’s no idiot and he’s clearly not producing a revisionist portrayal of the party roots. He’s even said that essentially there’s nothing new in his findings, it’s all well established stuff, only now it’s officially released by SD as opposed by any source SD would decry as biased.

It’s not for nothing they suddenly released this thing on a Friday in the middle of July; the contents are very obviously not the best pr right now, what with nazi murderings in Visby and all that. The question is: why bother in the first place?

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

:chloe:

This is just precious. The Danish Rainbow Council, a recently established self-pronounced alternative to LGBT+ Denmark, whom they claim are "too woke", is now sharing videos from a disgraced Reclaim Party candidate. The shithead changed his Twitter profile picture to a swastika made from rainbow flags immediately after the Oslo shooting. I guess that's one way to "reclaim the rainbow". He's also a rabid antivaxxer who agitated for civil disobedience against COVID measures, but that's beside the point. In another post from today, DRC is livid about LGBT-positive books in a public children's library, arguing that children should be protected from learning about such things.

The spokesperson is a self-described "transsexual", maintains the "scientific" two genders :biotruth:, and was ecstatic the other day about Jordan Peterson mentioning the organization in passing. DRC draws its board members from DF and NB among others, noted proponents of strong LGBT rights, who definitely haven't referred to LGBT as "handicapped" in the past, actively opposed legislation promoting their rights and safety, or officially abstained from criticism of harsh anti-LGBT legislation introduced by several EU states.

It's quite possible LGBT+ Denmark is "too woke" on some issues, it's a valid opinion, but apparently it's not possible to argue this point without wholesale importing talking points from insane homophobes and eurochuds (cheuds?).

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

SplitSoul posted:

It's quite possible LGBT+ Denmark is "too woke" on some issues, it's a valid opinion, but apparently it's not possible to argue this point without wholesale importing talking points from insane homophobes and eurochuds (cheuds?).
Englishmen aren't European.

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there

A Buttery Pastry posted:

Wogs start at Calais, m'boy.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Uhh, you might want to reconsider that particular word, it's extremely racist.

A Buttery Pastry posted:

I'm not talking exclusively about Laurence Fox, though, although I might be inclined to call him one just to piss him off.

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there

SplitSoul posted:

Uhh, you might want to reconsider that particular word, it's extremely racist.

It's a rather famous (and yes, to some extent, racist as hell) quote, except where one uses it to highlight others racism, perhaps - per Wikipedia:

quote:

The saying, "The wogs begin at Calais" (implying that everyone who is not British is a wog), appears to date from the First World War but was popularised by George Wigg, Labour MP for Dudley, in 1949 when in a parliamentary debate concerning the Burmese, Wigg shouted at the Conservative benches, "The Honourable Gentleman and his friends think they are all 'wogs'. Indeed, the Right Honourable Member for Woodford [i.e., Winston Churchill] thinks that the 'wogs' begin at Calais."

Not being English I presume you were unaware of the history (and usage) of the phrase in the context of discussing racism. I hope you are now enlightened.

I am not English either, happily. But I agree the English are excellent specimens of racists generally. Along with the Danes for starters!

Rust Martialis fucked around with this message at 20:12 on Jul 16, 2022

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

It's an extremely depressing organisation, but it does remind us how far queer (and specifically gay) rights have come. It's nice of great that being gay is now so normalized that gay people get to be in the side that is protecting society from deviants. It's even more amazing that they found a "transsexual" (I'm really not fond of the word, but if that's how he identifies, that's what I'll use) to front it. The fact that he's not just laughed/bullied out by his allies is a pretty good sign that things are going the right way.

They can still go to hell though, even though their point about LGBT+ Denmark being leftist/woke/whatever is probably not entirely untrue, for reasons of intersectionality.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Rust Martialis posted:

I hope you are now enlightened.

That's all well and good, but I don't see how that justifies its use, regardless of intention.

BonHair posted:

It's nice of great that being gay is now so normalized that gay people get to be in the side that is protecting society from deviants.

But we've already established that Laurence Fox is an Englishman.

He's also lost a defamation lawsuit where he falsely accused two gay men of being pedophiles, perhaps the most ancient of homophobic libels.

BonHair posted:

The fact that he's not just laughed/bullied out by his allies is a pretty good sign that things are going the right way.

Dunno, his allies mainly seem to be social regressives utilizing him as a fig leaf, which makes it all the more sad.

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

SplitSoul posted:

That's all well and good, but I don't see how that justifies its use, regardless of intention.

Mazel tov.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

As di bubbe volt gehat beytsim volt zi gevain mayn zaidah.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mopMFfMlwvE
Guys, terfs isn't misogynists. Just ignore that they seek support with misogynists like Tucker Carlson.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

We would like to choose an IK for this thread.

Requirements – melts down with the grace of Carl XVI Gustaf wearing his many hats, active in the thread, palatable to some measure of the thread consensus.

Nominate your candidates via PM to me or Koos Group, or by posting here in the thread. There's no deadline for this, but it would be nice to have some sort of shortlist by the 7th of August.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Don't everyone speak all at once, this thread is in dire need of additional moderation.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Jon Pod Van Damm
Apr 6, 2009

THE POSSESSION OF WEALTH IS IN AND OF ITSELF A SIGN OF POOR VIRTUE. AS SUCH:
1 NEVER TRUST ANY RICH PERSON.
2 NEVER HIRE ANY RICH PERSON.
BY RULE 1, IT IS APPROPRIATE TO PRESUME THAT ALL DEGREES AND CREDENTIALS HELD BY A WEALTHY PERSON ARE FRAUDULENT. THIS JUSTIFIES RULE 2--RULE 1 NEEDS NO JUSTIFIC

I nominate both SplitSoul & Cardiac. They are even keeled and sensible posters who would make a great forum-crime-fighter duo. A modern day netizen Batman & Robin you could trust to prosecute and punish forum evildoers in a just and totalitarian manner and uphold the sacred Natural Forum Law™.

Since it is fairly common in Scandinavia to operate on a consensus model another thread for IK moderation-decision making would be a good idea for deliberations on any proposed IK actions. Having the IK moderation discussion in this thread while at the same time trying to debate politics would just lead to derails. Ideally all thread participants should have an opportunity to discuss and debate any IK actions before they are taken. Not talking about moderator decisions before they are made would result in a "hostile/bad atmosphere/mood" (dålig stämning) in this thread imo.

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

We got crabs? We got crabs!

ted hitler hunter posted:

I nominate both SplitSoul & Cardiac. They are even keeled and sensible posters who would make a great forum-crime-fighter duo. A modern day netizen Batman & Robin you could trust to prosecute and punish forum evildoers in a just and totalitarian manner and uphold the sacred Natural Forum Law™.

Since it is fairly common in Scandinavia to operate on a consensus model another thread for IK moderation-decision making would be a good idea for deliberations on any proposed IK actions. Having the IK moderation discussion in this thread while at the same time trying to debate politics would just lead to derails. Ideally all thread participants should have an opportunity to discuss and debate any IK actions before they are taken. Not talking about moderator decisions before they are made would result in a "hostile/bad atmosphere/mood" (dålig stämning) in this thread imo.

No need for suspensions or bans when you can look at the poster in an unapproving manner. Maybe look towards someone next to you and go ”tsk tsk tsk” if things go out of hands.

Nice piece of fish
Jan 29, 2008

Ultra Carp

ted hitler hunter posted:

Lmao this is a good one, good joke I laughed a lot

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

I must respectfully decline the nomination from esteemed poster ted hitler hunter due to conflicts of interest.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

SplitSoul posted:

I must respectfully decline the nomination from esteemed poster ted hitler hunter due to conflicts of interest.
The only people who deserve power are those who do not covet it. Congratulations to SplitSoul, our new IK!

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

A Buttery Pastry posted:

The only people who deserve power are those who do not covet it. Congratulations to SplitSoul, our new IK!

I must respectfully abdicate on grounds of republicanism and propose instead the establishment of a Supreme Soviet.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa
I propose the formation of a committee to discuss what kind of power structure is desirable, and then another committee to discuss the results of the first one. I'm positive we will get to see recommendations by 2025 and then after a round of hearings a committee can make a draft proposal on how to progress from that.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Nenonen posted:

I propose the formation of a committee to discuss what kind of power structure is desirable, and then another committee to discuss the results of the first one. I'm positive we will get to see recommendations by 2025 and then after a round of hearings a committee can make a draft proposal on how to progress from that.

You can be the alternative solution - say, we merge Finnpol and Scandipol, and all you would then need to do is profess in love to tractor drag racing.

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings
My father once told me that
The world has no borders"

cinci zoo sniper posted:

You can be the alternative solution - say, we merge Finnpol and Scandipol, and all you would then need to do is profess in love to tractor drag racing.

Throw in the Baltics too and we got ourselves a deal!

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

adhuin posted:

Throw in the Baltics too and we got ourselves a deal!

Nice try

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Can't we just ban brown people from posting and autoprobate anyone with an income below the median?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Direct Democracy or bust.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa
We require unanimous decisions like in EU. You can't just probe someone unless they too support the punishment.

Inferior Third Season
Jan 15, 2005

Nenonen posted:

Just lol that you think we can just form a committee.

We first need to send out a letter of intent about the possibility of creating a scanditrådsforening, sent with at least two months' advance notice. At the first meeting, a vote will be taken by those present on whether the group should be created at all. If that passes, then a foreman, deputy foreman, treasurer, and deputy treasurer must be appointed and approved by those present. Their first task will be to write the charter and to call the first official meeting (at least two months' notice, naturally), where the charter must be adopted and approved. If the charter is approved, and depending on its exact wording, a vote could be taken regarding whether funding should be allocated for a feasibility assessment of the potential costs and efficacy of a committee for discussing what kind of power structure for the thread is desirable.

Nice piece of fish
Jan 29, 2008

Ultra Carp

Inferior Third Season posted:

Just lol that you think we can just form a committee.

We first need to send out a letter of intent about the possibility of creating a scanditrådsforening, sent with at least two months' advance notice. At the first meeting, a vote will be taken by those present on whether the group should be created at all. If that passes, then a foreman, deputy foreman, treasurer, and deputy treasurer must be appointed and approved by those present. Their first task will be to write the charter and to call the first official meeting (at least two months' notice, naturally), where the charter must be adopted and approved. If the charter is approved, and depending on its exact wording, a vote could be taken regarding whether funding should be allocated for a feasibility assessment of the potential costs and efficacy of a committee for discussing what kind of power structure for the thread is desirable.

Hold your horses, you're gonna up and just send a letter out of nowhere all willy nilly?

Who decided that? I didn't agree to that. It's a bit presumptuous!

Normally you'd first have to give written notice to the posters that they within a reasonable timeframe would receive said letter, so they don't just get a letter out of nowhere. We're not barbarians.

luminalflux
May 27, 2005

It's ok, I've posted an arg lapp in the tvättstuga, that's notice enough

Konec Hry
Jul 13, 2005

too much love will kill you

Grimey Drawer
Etta vara sekreterare!

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

luminalflux posted:

It's ok, I've posted an arg lapp in the tvättstuga, that's notice enough

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

there has been an issue with the procedures in informing people of the notice that they will soon recieve a letter for the formation of a committee for the exploration of an IK nomination committee. the ombudsman will hear of this. the responsible should expect staggered six-hour probations distributed over a period to be determined to cause most pain and least excessive harm.