Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

VideoGameVet
May 14, 2005

It is by caffeine alone I set my bike in motion. It is by the juice of Java that pedaling acquires speed, the teeth acquire stains, stains become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my bike in motion.

OgNar posted:

Al Franken on the hearings and prosecuting Trump
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2DndenFKa-U

I hope he runs in 2024.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

piL
Sep 20, 2007
(__|\\\\)
Taco Defender

VideoGameVet posted:

I hope he runs in 2024.

I don't think Frankin would run if he was being chased.

-Blackadder-
Jan 2, 2007

Game....Blouses.
Debates between him and Trump would be worth it.

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.
I guess only sex pests are allowed to run for president in the US

Kammat
Feb 9, 2008
Odd Person

Jaxyon posted:

I guess only sex pests are allowed to run for president in the US

You can only be elected if it's proven you can bend America over the Oval Office desk and gently caress in deep in the rear end.

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA

-Blackadder- posted:

love to be entertained by gross fucks fighting for our presidency

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

I'm good... I Haven't slept for a solid 83 hours, but yeah... I'm good...

Lipstick Apathy

-Blackadder- posted:

Republicans are refusing to do debates next time last time I heard. That can change but I’m pretty sure they said they were done with that

Edit: might have been thinking about this?

Spiffster fucked around with this message at 13:15 on Aug 7, 2022

Meatball
Mar 2, 2003

That's a Spicy Meatball

Pillbug

Spiffster posted:

Republicans are refusing to do debates next time last time I heard. That can change but I’m pretty sure they said they were done with that

In that case, dems would be stupid as hell to give up on the time and just use the national TV time to do a town hall format and just dunk on the Republican for not showing up.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Meatball posted:

In that case, dems would be stupid as hell to give up on the time and just use the national TV time to do a town hall format and just dunk on the Republican for not showing up.

They’d make up some reason they were actually being victimized and fox would run their own debate that Dems declined to go to.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

FizFashizzle posted:

They’d make up some reason they were actually being victimized and fox would run their own debate that Dems declined to go to.

This. It'll just be a scripted GOP infomercial with questions like "why do democrats hate america and want to destroy it" followed by 2 minutes of Trump or DeSantis spewing their bullshit unopposed and with no follow up. Conservative's definition of "fair"

Automata 10 Pack
Jun 21, 2007

Ten games published by Automata, on one cassette

Spiffster posted:

Edit: might have been thinking about this?
I can’t imagine Trump wanting to give up on debates.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

FizFashizzle posted:

That's their main activity no matter what.

Uglycat
Dec 4, 2000
MORE INDISPUTABLE PROOF I AM BAD AT POSTING
---------------->
https://vimeo.com/736346676?embedded=true&source=video_title&owner=19396886

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Not really 1/6 related but DeSantis and Florida now need their own license plate based of the Gadsden flag in order to single out drivers from other states

https://news.yahoo.com/desantis-proposed-state-license-plate-090011948.html

DeSantis: Proposed state license plate features warning to "out-of-state cars"

quote:

Just when you think we’re running out, Gov. Ron DeSantis dreams up a new imaginary villain. It’s impressive.

Move over college professors, “woke” corporations, tech companies, trans kids, “corporate media” types, and racial injustice historians.

New plate targets out-of-state tourists

Seriously. America’s tetchiest governor has a message for you.

“The free state of Florida has a new license plate for pre-order that benefits the Florida Veterans Foundation and sends a clear message to out-of-state cars, ‘Don’t Tread on Me’ or Florida,” DeSantis tweeted.

I didn’t know that “out-of-state” cars required a clear message — other than to be apprised that about 20 percent of Florida drivers don’t have auto insurance and the state is second in the nation when it comes to motorists killing pedestrians.

Real great idea there, Ron, in a state that relies almost entirely on tourists to drive your economy

staticman
Sep 12, 2008

Be gay
Death to America
Suck my dick Israel
Mess with Texas
and remember to lmao

BiggerBoat posted:

Not really 1/6 related but DeSantis and Florida now need their own license plate based of the Gadsden flag in order to single out drivers from other states

Real great idea there, Ron, in a state that relies almost entirely on tourists to drive your economy

Actually, it is a great idea, strategically. Ask any anti-extremism expert about it, and they'll tell you, with evidence, that the sabotage is the point, and helps advance the power of the totalitarian.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Hey Uglycat, can you please provide some context and commentary for why this amateur documentary is worthwhile for people reading the Jan 6 thread? A small summary should be the bare minimum for dropping a video link in the thread.

Presto
Nov 22, 2002

Keep calm and Harry on.
Virginia has a Don't Tread On Me option for license plates. I appreciate them because they let me know immediately the driver is probably an rear end in a top hat.

-Blackadder-
Jan 2, 2007

Game....Blouses.

BiggerBoat posted:

Yo BB, what part of Florida you in anyway? I came up in Dade County, haven't been back in years though. Is DeSantis as much of a dead-eyed psycho as it sounds like he is? Watching him start out relatively normal, then get his first hit of power, followed by diving into it like it's a mountain of coke has been something. Are people down there are living through the Authoritarianism chapter of a 9th grade social studies textbook or what?

Have you read this? Thoughts?

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

-Blackadder- posted:

Yo BB, what part of Florida you in anyway? I came up in Dade County, haven't been back in years though. Is DeSantis as much of a dead-eyed psycho as it sounds like he is? Watching him start out relatively normal, then get his first hit of power, followed by diving into it like it's a mountain of coke has been something. Are people down there are living through the Authoritarianism chapter of a 9th grade social studies textbook or what?

Have you read this? Thoughts?

NE FL, Saint Augustine area and, yes, poo poo around here is about at as bad as it sounds and I am surrounded by MAGA bullshit.

My little quaint fishing tourist town used to be more Jimmy Buffet redneck style but more and more resembles the Hank Williams variety and the shift in attitude is...not great. The general mood and the way people think seems to be leaning more and more rightward and into crazy town. My county seems to worship Ron DeSantis and Trump. The way we treat each other feels more and more angry and mean. People are frustrated and the shift in the overall mood and sense of decorum is rather palpable, even if its anecdotal. It just feels...HOSTILE and, worse, UNKIND, and it was never like that before. Justreally aggressive and short tempered.

You can see (and feel) it in how people drive, weird as that may sound.

If you can find a job anywhere in this zip code that pays more than 17 bux an hour your'e well ahead of the game and good luck finding anything that's not working for a hotel, landscaping, pest control or in a restaurant. This place is well on its way to selling the whole place through over development without addressing the infrastructure needed to support it and our city council is more than willing to bend rules for new construction - which are all hotels, pizza places and poo poo we don't need more of. We're experiencing a lot more traffic issues for instance. Some people are pissed off but can't stop it because...

Well, MONEY, duh.

The cops around here are...about what you might expect and worshiped b all the wrong people.

BiggerBoat fucked around with this message at 23:43 on Aug 7, 2022

PhantomOfTheCopier
Aug 13, 2008

Pikabooze!
Sorry to be dumb but I really don't understand the message they're intending to send. My only guess is "We are a collection of boomer dickwads with one loving clue that burned out in 1963 during the cold war and we're going to retire to a place with a license plate that says so".

Otherwise, wouldn't it be more straightforward (facist) to require special plates for visitors, to clarify that they are unacceptable second class citizens? Does this state even care about veterans (when their health care issues are actually a federal problem)? If their state identity is decoupled from flowers/birds/heritage, why not just have the state cover the costs of all vanity messaging plates (Die Democrats, Brandon go home, We agree with Texas, support your separatists, whatever)?

Where do we go to bet on the first state to sign into law an official Junior Antisex League?

https://youtu.be/xiTM2HQ0g98

Bel Shazar
Sep 14, 2012

Presto posted:

Virginia has a Don't Tread On Me option for license plates. I appreciate them because they let me know immediately the driver is probably an rear end in a top hat.

I only moved here a little bit ago and I'm already noticing a rather strong correlation between those plates and confederate flag stickers.

Quorum
Sep 24, 2014

REMIND ME AGAIN HOW THE LITTLE HORSE-SHAPED ONES MOVE?

Bel Shazar posted:

I only moved here a little bit ago and I'm already noticing a rather strong correlation between those plates and confederate flag stickers.

Corporate would like you to find the difference between these two automobile decorations.

they're the same picture

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

PhantomOfTheCopier posted:

Sorry to be dumb but I really don't understand the message they're intending to send.

I honestly don't know either but feel OK assuming it's loving stupid and authoritarian in nature. The fact that they're shielding it behind and decorating it with the the concept that it's somehow "for veterans" only cements this idea in my head.

Murgos
Oct 21, 2010

PhantomOfTheCopier posted:

Does this state even care about veterans (when their health care issues are actually a federal problem)?

My experience from living in Florida was that whenever a state politician mentions doing something to raise money for some specific group what they actually mean is that they are cutting public funding for that group and using a gimmick to pretend they aren’t.

So, I assume that state is cutting veterans funding on the pretext that the plates will cover the delta (it won’t).

See the Florida public school system.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Back on track a little bit

Well now

Alex Jones’ texts have been turned over to the January 6 committee, source says

https://www.cnn.com/2022/08/08/politics/alex-jones-january-6/index.html

quote:

Approximately two years’ worth of text messages sent and received by right-wing conspiracy theorist Alex Jones have been turned over to the House select committee investigating the January 6 insurrection, a person familiar with the matter told CNN on Monday.

The messages were handed over to the committee by Mark Bankston, the attorney who represented two Sandy Hook parents who successfully sued Jones in Texas and won nearly $50 million in a civil trial that concluded last week.

Bankston would only tell CNN that he is “cooperating with the committee.” The select committee declined to comment.

During the trial, Bankston revealed that one of Jones’ lawyers had “messed up” and inadvertently sent him the two years of text messages. Bankston also said during the trial that the January 6 committee had expressed interest in the material.

Jones’ attorney Federico Andino Reynal asked the judge in the case to order Bankston to destroy the material and not transmit it to the House committee, but the judge declined.

I’m not standing between you and Congress,” Judge Maya Guerra Gamble told Bankston when asked about sending Jones’ texts to the committee. “That is not my job. I’m not going to do that.”

More fake news from CNN? Or has Lord Soros been awakened and used the Deep State Deep Fake engine to fabricate those messages?

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

If Jones' lawyer(s) being loving stupid is what leads to a crack in the whole thing...

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

mdemone posted:

If Jones' lawyer(s) being loving stupid is what leads to a crack in the whole thing...

Don't worry, I will be a kind and benevolent prophet.

deathbysnusnu
Feb 25, 2016

mdemone posted:

Some 3 letter agency probably has had texts of a conspiracy by the secret service to dump pence’s body in the Potomac for over a year and it doesn’t matter. The political calculus is doing something about a fascist coup is too risky and that’s that.

Uglycat
Dec 4, 2000
MORE INDISPUTABLE PROOF I AM BAD AT POSTING
---------------->
I like to imagine this results in the feds having cause to seize stone and flynn's devices.

I doubt they'd get any dox out of flynn, he's an opsec guy. Stone, on the other hand...

Meatball
Mar 2, 2003

That's a Spicy Meatball

Pillbug

BiggerBoat posted:

Back on track a little bit

Well now

Alex Jones’ texts have been turned over to the January 6 committee, source says

https://www.cnn.com/2022/08/08/politics/alex-jones-january-6/index.html

More fake news from CNN? Or has Lord Soros been awakened and used the Deep State Deep Fake engine to fabricate those messages?

Dang, I was hoping it would be the whole phone. The pics, videos and so on would probably be important too.

PhantomOfTheCopier
Aug 13, 2008

Pikabooze!

mdemone posted:

Behind their crimes let us find their ineptitude.

-Blackadder-
Jan 2, 2007

Game....Blouses.
I've seen enough, the AIs running this matrix are just trolling us at this point.
https://twitter.com/CNNPolitics/status/1556649687628894209

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

-Blackadder- posted:

I've seen enough, the AIs running this matrix are just trolling us at this point.
https://twitter.com/CNNPolitics/status/1556649687628894209

This explains why Trump was so mad for the longest time that the White House toilets didn't flush properly. He kept clogging them up with papers he'd ripped up to try and hide.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

nine-gear crow posted:

This explains why Trump was so mad for the longest time that the White House toilets didn't flush properly. He kept clogging them up with papers he'd ripped up to try and hide.

there's probably a fatberg made up of torn up notes and big mac shits in the white house septic tank now.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Angry_Ed posted:

there's probably a fatberg made up of torn up notes and big mac shits in the white house septic tank now.

And that fatberg has a non-zero chance of winning the Republican nomination in '24

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Angry_Ed posted:

A Clump of Trump Dump To Pump

Drakyn
Dec 26, 2012

nine-gear crow posted:

I'm very mad that this is very likely.

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

a rich, friable soil containing a relatively equal mixture of sand and silt and a somewhat smaller proportion of clay.
Hmmm

https://twitter.com/PeterSchorschFL/status/1556771253167558657

Waiting to see any confirmation of this, but that could be fun

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

Heck Yes! Loam! posted:

Hmmm

https://twitter.com/PeterSchorschFL/status/1556771253167558657

Waiting to see any confirmation of this, but that could be fun

Powerful admission from a journalist to say they don't have the skills to investigate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

-Blackadder-
Jan 2, 2007

Game....Blouses.
Jesus Christ, yeah it's real.
https://twitter.com/MacFarlaneNews/status/1556776156128591873