Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
TRUMO 2024 Greatest Hits Prediction
This poll is closed.
Rolling Stones still on the rally playlist despite 5 more cease n desists 144 17.08%
insanely transphobic rapist billionaire on speed leads nuremburg rallies 214 25.39%
literally he beats his wife lol where's melania?? 114 13.52%
goku 219 25.98%
Trump 152 18.03%
Total: 498 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

AxGrap
Jan 11, 2005

☝☯ Ŧ𝓤𝒸Ҝ 𝓨𝕠𝔲! 🐼👽
Wife and baby out of town so I get to take kid 1 to restaurants she would never want to go to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

good tier tailgate pictures are probably going to be Facebook posts related to events

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

WrasslorMonkey posted:

Nah, the idea behind the ones that already existed is they only replace one meal. They usually have really high amounts of vitamins or minerals like a supplement because they are assuming you’re not going to drink only that for a whole day. They calories are also usually weird so it’s hard to figure out how many you’d actually need to drink. Like this Ensure I just looked up was 220 calories. Would be fun drinking 9.09 of those a day.

IF you just take into consideration the micronutrients in one serving of Soylent, it’s generally 20% across the board, and 400 calories. Times 5 and you get 100% of all the things and 2000 calories. I don’t have to do any guessing to know I got all the stuff.

Now does Soylent use cheap ingredients? Sure, and there are higher quality, more expensive alternatives out there. But the way I figure I can do this and save money or I could go the Plinkey route and eat hot McDonald’s garbage all day long and it would still be less convenient, and I’d probably have to deal with some vitamin supplement.

Do you even have a kitchen

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

AxGrap posted:

Wife and baby out of town so I get to take kid 1 to restaurants she would never want to go to.

what restaurant has a low country boil

An Apple A Gay
Oct 21, 2008

AxGrap posted:

Same but I'm by myself and getting blind drunk

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

emfive posted:

I'm looking forward to when one of his children, be it Peter Theodore Alphege Rees-Mogg or Thomas Wentworth Somerset Dunstan Rees-Mogg or possibly even Alfred Wulfric Leyson Pius Rees-Mogg, comes out as gay and Communist.

you have to admit, for a guy whose money came from finance – and who comes from a Catholic family – he's done a pretty good job styling himself like an idle member of the peerage, in a country where that's still a distinction people make. you'd be forgiven for thinking he's the 14th Baron Rees-Mogg still living off the fortune his family made in the 1720s by grinding London street orphans into slurry for scouring mill chases

Tony Tone
Jun 14, 2020

by vyelkin
I dont understand people who rile into others about eating healthy

It doesnt matter. These morons are going to die early anyway because they dont understand that their stupid loving food preference is just an undiagnosed form of an eating disorder (one that doesnt necessarily lead to extremes like obesity or anorexia) (wahh my raw vegetables taste funny 0~0). Then they reach age 40 or 50 with heavily hosed up stomachs that begin to develop into life-threatening diseases but by then its too late. And then these idiots just die early, proving to be a net-positive for the world and society.

One less american to gently caress up this planet, it's a huge win. Let people eat pizza.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

WrasslorMonkey posted:

Nah, the idea behind the ones that already existed is they only replace one meal. They usually have really high amounts of vitamins or minerals like a supplement because they are assuming you’re not going to drink only that for a whole day. They calories are also usually weird so it’s hard to figure out how many you’d actually need to drink. Like this Ensure I just looked up was 220 calories. Would be fun drinking 9.09 of those a day.

IF you just take into consideration the micronutrients in one serving of Soylent, it’s generally 20% across the board, and 400 calories. Times 5 and you get 100% of all the things and 2000 calories. I don’t have to do any guessing to know I got all the stuff.

Now does Soylent use cheap ingredients? Sure, and there are higher quality, more expensive alternatives out there. But the way I figure I can do this and save money or I could go the Plinkey route and eat hot McDonald’s garbage all day long and it would still be less convenient, and I’d probably have to deal with some vitamin supplement.

have you tried low carb

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

You're trash eating habits are a choice, just accept it.
Learn how to shop, learn how to cook. Unless you're eating like dollar store steakums or bulk chicken patties and hotdogs (I was there growing up, I get it)

but if you're buying name-brand frozen poo poo then you're just a bad shopper and you like your slop

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
proposal: a fad diet thread in the exercise forum

reality: a mentally ill man resembling a melted candle, the pied piper of ham joints, told people that eating nothing but eggs and bacon and lard in paint buckets (they were literally buying and eating buckets full of lard in the name of good health) would not only make them lose weight, but was so healthy it would cure heart disease and cancer. an enormous fat powerlifter who cant run for 20 seconds probated and banned anyone who challenged this wisdom until it lead to a man barely in his 20s being prescribed statins.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
It’s hard to watch baseball games in St Louis or Baltimore knowing that half the people in the crowd will be shot while walking back to their cars

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011

when are we getting pills that just give you nutrients. I dont have time to eat when i have to work

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

you'd still probably be getting less heavy metal toxicity from just scarfing the cheapest tinned tuna you can get your hands on

There’s trace amounts of death in everything. If I cared I’d switch to one of the meal replacements with higher quality ingredients, but they all make me fart a lot, so I choose this mode of death.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Tony Tone posted:

It doesnt matter. These morons are going to die early anyway because they dont understand that their stupid loving food preference is just an undiagnosed form of an eating disorder (one that doesnt necessarily lead to extremes like obesity or anorexia) (wahh my raw vegetables taste funny 0~0). Then they reach age 40 or 50 with heavily hosed up stomachs that begin to develop into life-threatening diseases but by then its too late. And then these idiots just die early, proving to be a net-positive for the world and society.

One less american to gently caress up this planet, it's a huge win. Let people eat pizza.

it's fun to make fun of people who should know better
like all the sad bachelor/divorced men who can't figure out how to boil water for spaghetti so they just eat hungry man dinners and grocery store rotisserie chickens

there's still such a huge stigma/expectation for men that they just assume they never have to learn the most basic things to take care of themselves and I think that's where a lot of this food apathy comes from

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011

just get some nice cold cuts, s&P, good cheeses, and some greens and tomatoes and all that poo poo and make absolutely delicious sandwiches

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

didn't you get a tat from your ex too? seem to recall......

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

AARD VARKMAN posted:

no offense but i think you and people like you are actually space aliens

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

AARD VARKMAN posted:

I am 100% the weirdest person I know and am not recommending Soylent or my lifestyle to anyone else.

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011

like all the sad bachelor/divorced men who can't figure out how to boil water for spaghetti so they just eat hungry man dinners and grocery store rotisserie chickens

there's still such a huge stigma/expectation for men that they just assume they never have to learn the most basic things to take care of themselves and I think that's where a lot of this food apathy comes from

i think that's still an older generation thing

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
https://twitter.com/shirtsthtgohard/status/1556333644838420480

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006

Buddykins posted:

when are we getting pills that just give you nutrients. I dont have time to eat when i have to work

soylent’s been posted

maybe this will sell you on it: you can mix in spirits for a nutritious high abv slurry

Apr 7, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

Tony Tone posted:

Mortality from metabolic diseases goes way up in the US in the 45-54 age bracket, that’s when your lovely early life choices come back to bite you.

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

RealityWarCriminal posted:

reality: a mentally ill man resembling a melted candle, the pied piper of ham joints, told people that eating nothing but eggs and bacon and lard in paint buckets (they were literally buying and eating buckets full of lard in the name of good health) would not only make them lose weight, but was so healthy it would cure heart disease and cancer. an enormous fat powerlifter who cant run for 20 seconds probated and banned anyone who challenged this wisdom until it lead to a man barely in his 20s being prescribed statins.

:chefskiss:

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

SirPablo posted:

Do you even have a kitchen

Yeah I keep the bulk hand soap etc I buy in the fridge.

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

😂 have goons gone too far?!

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

have you tried low carb

Low who?

Apr 7, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

Buddykins posted:

i think that's still an older generation thing

It’s insane how brain poisoned boomers were, and older gen x. They’re completely r worded compared to the generations before or after them, and proud of it. Just the worst people on earth.

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

Hey emfive, this is Alec. I am glad you like the mummy eating the bowl of shitty pasta with a can of 'parm.' I made that image for you way back when. I’m glad you enjoy it.

Tony Tone posted:

My dad had a horrible diet and drank a lot and never exercised, and after 86 years it finally caught up to him.

Bearjew
Apr 18, 2017

Monday already?

goth smoking cloves
Feb 28, 2011

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

Mortality from metabolic diseases goes way up in the US in the 45-54 age bracket, that’s when your lovely early life choices come back to bite you.

With the way things are looking, I think late 2030s/early 2040s me will only regret the pizzas he didn't eat

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Buddykins posted:

just get some nice cold cuts, s&P, good cheeses, and some greens and tomatoes and all that poo poo and make absolutely delicious sandwiches

whatcha do is you get you a nice tomater and you get yourself some dukes or Hellman's (user preference) mayonnaise and you get you some white style bread, extra processed, and you slice up that tomato real good and combine. Voila.

also saltnpepper

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

AARD VARKMAN posted:

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

Bearjew posted:

Monday already?

:argh:

Tony Tone
Jun 14, 2020

by vyelkin

I disagree, I think it goes far beyond "mommy/wife used to cook for me and now they're gone so Im gonna stuff my face with pizza rolls until I die".

I think people who "just dont like raw vegetables/fruits" have a negative experience associated to that specific food (probably going back to childhood) and they just never confronted that part of them because they were well-off enough to never have to starve and be faced with eating the poo poo they claim to "not like" because they're wealthy loving cowards, like all rich people.

But also, not like raw cucumbers or oranges or tomatoes or onions etc etc etc means you have an eating disorder. It's diagnosable and treatable. It is literally never just "personal preference"

Apr 7, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
Plenty of millennials and zoomers are fuckin idiots but have the good sense to be ashamed and conceal it. Boomers and the Dave Matthews gargoyle sunglasses guys wear their idiocy as a mark of pride. They’re moronic paint chip eaters, the stupidest fuckers on earth, and they’re going to make sure you respect that or else.

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

magiccarpet posted:

*Posts spreadsheets on a Sunday morning*

daycrew making up jobs to do on the weekend to try to impress the mods
:sad:

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Also have to point out that folks saying "don't eat stouffers every meal" is contorted into a crusade for healthy eating

that's the baseline we're up against

goth smoking cloves
Feb 28, 2011

AARD VARKMAN posted:

whatcha do is you get you a nice tomater and you get yourself some dukes or Hellman's (user preference) mayonnaise and you get you some white style bread, extra processed, and you slice up that tomato real good and combine. Voila.

also saltnpepper

:hmmyes:

Kewpie is also quite nice here. Spinach as well

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

Hey emfive, this is Alec. I am glad you like the mummy eating the bowl of shitty pasta with a can of 'parm.' I made that image for you way back when. I’m glad you enjoy it.

AARD VARKMAN posted:

also saltnpepper

Duke's is under-appreciated. In other mayonnaise news, Kewpie is now shipping in non-ridiculous packaging (like normal mayo squeezers instead of the floppy thin-plastic ones).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

https://twitter.com/LovePassant/status/1556060041312083975