Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Fair wages, workers rights, and healthcare sound nice.

But have you considered that one time my dad gave a casserole the stone cold stunner?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jon Irenicus
Apr 23, 2008

YO ASSHOLE

Mitt Romney's "binders full of women"

Jon Irenicus
Apr 23, 2008

YO ASSHOLE

In a 1998 commencement speech, Ben Carson, world renowned surgeon, claimed he thinks the pyramids were used to store grain and that all the archaeologists who studied them were wrong

Jon Irenicus
Apr 23, 2008

YO ASSHOLE

John Edwards was indicted on six felony charges after his 2008 presidential campaign ate poo poo and went nowhere - illegally using campaign money and covering up his affair.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
John Edwards pringle can hog

Shyrka
Feb 10, 2005

Small Boss likes to spin!

Jon Irenicus posted:

In a 1998 commencement speech, Ben Carson, world renowned surgeon, claimed he thinks the pyramids were used to store grain and that all the archaeologists who studied them were wrong

Can't hate a man who played enough Civ 2 to break his brain.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
America spends more money on tanks than they do food-based social programs.

And, just for reference, those tanks roll off an assembly line and are immediately decommissioned and destroyed. They do this because they signed a contract with the manufacturer and haven't needed them in decades and there's nowhere to store them and no realistic use for them.

The Pentagon has begged congress to stop this wasteful process, but politicians are terrified of being the one who "is weakening our defenses by cutting the military budget". So billions of dollars, year after year, are spent building a fully functional tank and then disassembling it and trashing it. Because American voters are so stupid they will think ending this completely useless process the military wants to end will somehow weaken the military.

Picture a Ford Truck assembly line where F-150s are fully built and at the end of an assembly line is a car crusher mashing those trucks into cubes.

That's what America has instead of healthcare, schools, or affordable housing.

America is the stupidest loving place on earth.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

https://twitter.com/ejw2020/status/1282064379878486016?s=19

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo

Jon Irenicus posted:

John Edwards was indicted on six felony charges after his 2008 presidential campaign ate poo poo and went nowhere - illegally using campaign money and covering up his affair.
once again

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

The Anime Liker posted:

And, just for reference, those tanks roll off an assembly line and are immediately decommissioned and destroyed. They do this because they signed a contract with the manufacturer and haven't needed them in decades and there's nowhere to store them and no realistic use for them.

The Pentagon has begged congress to stop this wasteful process, but politicians are terrified of being the one who "is weakening our defenses by cutting the military budget". So billions of dollars, year after year, are spent building a fully functional tank and then disassembling it and trashing it. Because American voters are so stupid they will think ending this completely useless process the military wants to end will somehow weaken the military.

Picture a Ford Truck assembly line where F-150s are fully built and at the end of an assembly line is a car crusher mashing those trucks into cubes.

I mean…this seems bad, but have you considered that food based social services might be provided to black undeserving people? At least the money for the tanks goes to hard working Americans with middle class values.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Jon Irenicus posted:

Mitt Romney's "binders full of women"

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

Milo and POTUS posted:

Possibly the best assassination ever.

It's good but it doesn't top this Swiss guy who got axed murdered by a guy in a comedy bear costume

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/J%C3%B6rg_Jenatsch

quote:

On 24 January 1639 Jenatsch was assassinated in Chur by a band of men whose leader was costumed as a bear, as it was Carnival.

Mister Bates
Aug 4, 2010
the Gunpowder Plot plotters made basically no attempt to cover up what they were doing at all, mostly used their real names when conspiring (or really obvious fake ones; Guy Fawkes was using the alias John Johnson), and, after the plot failed, got most of themselves killed when they fled to the forest to start a guerrilla war and decided to try to dry their damp gunpowder by spreading it in a big circle on the ground around their campfire

also Guy Fawkes fell down and died while walking to the gallows and the executioner had to sheepishly hang his already dead body

exmachina
Mar 12, 2006

Look Closer

Mister Bates posted:

also Guy Fawkes fell down and died while walking to the gallows and the executioner had to sheepishly hang his already dead body

That's probably because he took poison. And I would too, because he was gonna get the short rope treatment no matter how much he bribed jack ketch

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..

Stato-Masochist posted:

that time a basque separatist group assassinated a franco prime minister with a bomb that launched his car over an entire church

And it earned him the title of "First Spanish Astronaut."

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

Mister Bates posted:

incredible way to ruin the climax, what a boss

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

Kitfox88 posted:

incredible way to ruin the climax, what a boss

its also a way to look like a gigantic idiot that was so afraid of dying that they died

kinda depends i guess

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

"you can't fire me I quit"

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

Animal Friend posted:

"you can't fire me I quit"

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Jon Irenicus posted:

Including repeated $1000 to $1250 haircuts by a celebrity stylist who would be flown out on the campaigns dime to administer them.

John Edwards was later seen leaving a Supercuts, which represents a 10,000% percent drop in haircut investment

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Bring back judicial duels!

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
The legendary legal jiujitsu deployed by President Clinton's legal team during the Monica Lewinsky trials was essentially "actually, according to my previous sexual assault legal proceedings, I DIDN'T gently caress her, so, uh, checkmate"

evobatman
Jul 30, 2006

it means nothing, but says everything!
Pillbug

Bust Rodd posted:

The legendary legal jiujitsu deployed by President Clinton's legal team during the Monica Lewinsky trials was essentially "actually, according to my previous sexual assault legal proceedings, I DIDN'T gently caress her, so, uh, checkmate"

the definition of "is"

a fatguy baldspot
Aug 29, 2018

evobatman posted:

the definition of "is"

looking back makes that seem like some modern insanity. how in the world was that a credible defense

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
The Jessica Lynch fiasco

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

a fatguy baldspot posted:

looking back makes that seem like some modern insanity. how in the world was that a credible defense

I don't believe a decision was made on the basis of that being a credible defense

Zvahl
Oct 14, 2005

научный кот

Mr. Lobe posted:

I don't believe a decision was made on the basis of that being a credible defense

"but politics surely must have been dignified and had sound logical reasoning at some point in our lives!"

- a very smart person

guidoanselmi
Feb 6, 2008

I thought my ideas were so clear. I wanted to make an honest post. No lies whatsoever.

HootTheOwl posted:

Bring back judicial duels!

bring back trial by congress

dev286
Nov 30, 2006

Let it be all the best.

Ouch

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Tommah posted:

https://www.c-span.org/video/?174100-1/senator-thurmond-100th-birthday start at 56:50

politics during the early 2000s were as hosed up as politics today

Also this marked the end of senate majority leader Trent Lott's career when he made a speech where he said that if he had won the presidency in 1948 that things would have been better. Thrumond ran a single issue pro-segregation campaign.

One More Fat Nerd
Apr 13, 2007

Mama’s Lil’ Louie

Nap Ghost
If I remember right, part of the Clinton defense was that in the examination, "sex" had been explicitly defined as vaginal intercourse, so he wasn't technically lying.

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Randomly remembers trumps weak rear end attempt at an anti police chant "pigs in a blanket roast em up!" or whatever it was

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

The fact that Sinema and Romney are very clearly loving

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Zerg Mans posted:

lol at April 2020

https://twitter.com/thehill/status/1253512513523769345

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Zerg Mans posted:

lol at now

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
the openly bisexual pink-haired democrat essentially becoming the main villain of the left wing in 2022

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Bust Rodd posted:

the openly bisexual pink-haired democrat essentially becoming the main villain of the left wing in 2022

:wrong: she's the villain to the liberals who think that she or Manchin are the entire problem and if we only had 2 more dem senators everything would be fine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

The Anime Liker posted:

I wanna read about this but all Google finds me is articles about the m1 being the best tank