Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

wit posted:

It was Nuwaubian Nation I was thinking of. The ones with all the UFO illuminati pyramid stuff and a compound that looked like a minigolf range.

Anyways. Legal Eagle hasn't put out a video in a week so I hope he's doing something Alex Jones related. (but probably has to keep rewriting and shooting it as more batshittery happens)

The insanely long winding path to the pyramid on the left looks like something you create to torment Sims with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KitConstantine
Jan 11, 2013

The knowledge fight guys are gonna be on Reliable Sources with Brian Steltzer...like in the next hourish to discuss the trial
https://twitter.com/knowledge_fight/status/1556029338839121920
For those who are unaware Brian Steltzer is a favorite target of Alex Jones - he's called him a lot of things over the years, 'creepy' being the mildest. So I'm not sure if Alex will be able to ignore this segment and by extension keep ignoring Knowledge Fight

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
I’ve done similar things in Rollercoaster Tycoon.

KitConstantine
Jan 11, 2013

Both knowledge fight boys on now!!!

Edit: Jordan not nearly as sweaty

vaginite
Feb 8, 2006

I'm comin' for you, colonel.

You guys think Alex Jones is really rich? Like 100mm plus? He seems like a joke since he got thrown off YouTube, I don’t see any crazies ever talk about him anymore. Maybe he has a lot of money leftover from the YT days but he can’t be making a whole lot anymore.

KitConstantine
Jan 11, 2013

vaginite posted:

You guys think Alex Jones is really rich? Like 100mm plus? He seems like a joke since he got thrown off YouTube, I don’t see any crazies ever talk about him anymore. Maybe he has a lot of money leftover from the YT days but he can’t be making a whole lot anymore.

It was actually shown from the leaked hard drive stuff/various other financial disclosures that Alex has been making more money since he was kicked off of twitter and youtube.

As part of the punitive damages section the plaintiffs brought in a financial expert witness dude who testified about it

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY

KitConstantine posted:

The knowledge fight guys are gonna be on Reliable Sources with Brian Steltzer...like in the next hourish to discuss the trial

They're finally outing themselves! They're admitting it! It's in the mainstream news!

(these are all things alex would say)

Troubadour
Mar 1, 2001
Forum Veteran

vaginite posted:

You guys think Alex Jones is really rich? Like 100mm plus?

Yes absolutely.

vaginite posted:

He seems like a joke since he got thrown off YouTube, I don’t see any crazies ever talk about him anymore.

You might not see him around a lot. But he remains massively influential. One basic example is the QAnon Shaman guy. Massive InfoWars fan. Lots of white supremacists cite AJ as the start of their way down that road (in discussions on white nationalist forums etc.). And this last point might be a little hard to prove, but I've seen many many times how something AJ propagandizes becomes mainstream right wing panic a couple years down the road. The trans panic for example. I have no doubt that fringe assholes continue to pay close attention to him and take cues (if not covertly collaborate).

vaginite posted:

Maybe he has a lot of money leftover from the YT days but he can’t be making a whole lot anymore.

Here are a couple figures that Jones himself claimed in court last week. They are guaranteed to be lies, but as lies they are lowballs.
Revenue: $70 million
Employees: 80
Profit margin: 20-40%

70 mil * .20 = 14 million
80 * 100,000 (assuming average salary of $100k) = 8 million
(not counting misc costs like rent and advertising, but give me a break if you think it's more than a million a year)

These are extremely generous figures towards the "poor Jones" theory. You can play around with the numbers if you want, with 40% profit or even 64% as an internal communication suggested. Or assume revenue was higher because an internal communication said it could be as high as $300 million. The reality is probably in the range of even after all the deplatforming poo poo, he is probably earning well over 10 million dollars a year.

If I were Owen Shroyer, I would ask for a drat raise.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
That 40% margin was just on one food stuff they sold, not margin as a whole. Some products have margins as high as 90% or more. Jones is bringing in $50m/yr or so personally. He has socked away hundreds of millions since this lawsuit began, only some of which has been identified.

saying that Jones and infowars is worth $200m+ is not at all absurd. He has certainly brought in a fuckton over the past few weeks in fundraising. He's made enough that he can have Roger Stone come on the air multiple times to ask for more.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Devils Affricate posted:

Are Hoteps the black guys I've seen in videos where they're shouting on the sidewalks of NYC about how Hitler was right and should have killed all the Jews?

Black Isrealites

vaginite
Feb 8, 2006

Ah that’s too bad. I watch that stuff and can’t believe he’s that popular. Over the last 4-5 years I’ve come to realize I grossly overestimate the average person’s intelligence. I’d watch Fox/other RWM and think “there’s no way anyone is buying this poo poo, it’s so patently absurd” but nope, actually like half our country is buying it and another quarter isn’t sure.

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

Oh, yeah. Loud and clear. Emphasis on LOUD!
~ David Lee Roth

Mr. Nice! posted:

That 40% margin was just on one food stuff they sold, not margin as a whole. Some products have margins as high as 90% or more. Jones is bringing in $50m/yr or so personally. He has socked away hundreds of millions since this lawsuit began, only some of which has been identified.

saying that Jones and infowars is worth $200m+ is not at all absurd. He has certainly brought in a fuckton over the past few weeks in fundraising. He's made enough that he can have Roger Stone come on the air multiple times to ask for more.

Was that even the theoretical on-paper margin? I mean, that didn't take into account the additional money he was making through owning the companies selling the supplements, was it?

vaginite posted:

Ah that’s too bad. I watch that stuff and can’t believe he’s that popular. Over the last 4-5 years I’ve come to realize I grossly overestimate the average person’s intelligence. I’d watch Fox/other RWM and think “there’s no way anyone is buying this poo poo, it’s so patently absurd” but nope, actually like half our country is buying it and another quarter isn’t sure.

It's not necessarily that he's quite that popular, but he's popular enough that the poo poo he spews seems to find a hook and propagate itself from there.

Not to mention he was heavily involved with January 6 (and not just some bullshit livestreamer who happened to implant themselves). AND he's the first person Trump called after his win in 2016.

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

~ David Lee Roth

Also, the only version of Dan and Jordan's interview on CNN that I can find so far:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=byF1zoVcEZQ

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
It's entirety possibly Alex spent all of his money on a secret mangosteen addiction or Second Life realestate or something.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Outrail posted:

It's entirety possibly Alex spent all of his money on a secret mangosteen addiction or Second Life realestate or something.

Someone check Goldbelly for chili deliveries

Fucking Moron
Jan 9, 2009

Outrail posted:

He spent it on high production transvestite adult erotica under his fake name Alec Gones.

LASER BEAM DREAM
Nov 3, 2005

Oh, what? So now I suppose you're just going to sit there and pout?

vaginite posted:

In the latest Formulaic Objections episode of Knowledge Fight(https://knowledgefight.libsyn.com/685-formulaic-objections-part-7) they talk about the corporate trust structure of Free Speach Systems. Throughout the discussion starting around 2:30 Bill Ogden and the last Infowars Corporate Rep talk about an account with $50M in either assets or debt to other related companies.

Hopefully someone with more financial experience can talk about what this actually means. The full uncut depo is here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aEaMrQ5FJRc

vaginite
Feb 8, 2006

LASER BEAM DREAM posted:

In the latest Formulaic Objections episode of Knowledge Fight(https://knowledgefight.libsyn.com/685-formulaic-objections-part-7) they talk about the corporate trust structure of Free Speach Systems. Throughout the discussion starting around 2:30 Bill Ogden and the last Infowars Corporate Rep talk about an account with $50M in either assets or debt to other related companies.

Hopefully someone with more financial experience can talk about what this actually means. The full uncut depo is here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aEaMrQ5FJRc

Oof that's a long depo I'll take your word for it. Debt to other related companies is essentially an IOU for money transfers though. Like if you move money from Company A to Company B, you reduce cash, but you gotta reduce a liability/equity or increase another asset to makes the books balance - every transaction has to hit at least 2 accounts - so they either write up a formal note (can be required for IRS purposes to keep it from being called a distribution), or throw it in a due to/from account. Like company A transfers 50mm to company B, A shows a due from B of $50mm that's considered "related party receivables" on one set of books and "related party debt" on the books of B. B will have a due to A of the same amount.

But without seeing the books I can't say what the exact situation is, but might be what I was describing. A company has 50mm on it's asset side, and due to related parties of 50mm on it's liability side, and depending on corporate structure it might be shielded from the liabilities of the other companies but theoretically if company A gets seized, the due from company B is an asset that can be acted on, but it has to go through a collection process.

IANAL though I'm an accountant, so I'm in over my head on the corporate veil stuff, but the debt to related companies probably means straight transfers of cash happened between companies.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

So what if any penalties are there for Alex consistently lying under oath?

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
This isn't me wishing death on anyone or anything like that, but I am curious if after all the trials are done and people start actually coming for the money, will Alex go out Bill Cooper style ? Bill Cooper was a piece of poo poo, but at least he (literally) stuck to his guns when it came down fighting the government.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

evilmiera posted:

Sternly worded reprimands and never to be resolved threats.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

KitConstantine posted:

Both knowledge fight boys on now!!!

Edit: Jordan not nearly as sweaty
Will there be a way to watch this after the fact? I don't listen to KF but they were great guests on BtB and one of them sounds a lot like Space Ghost.

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...

Shumagorath posted:

Will there be a way to watch this after the fact? I don't listen to KF but they were great guests on BtB and one of them sounds a lot like Space Ghost.

https://youtu.be/byF1zoVcEZQ

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

~ David Lee Roth

Something I don't think I've caught yet. Is there a specific reason why Jones goes after Brian Stelter? He's not a CNN personality that I've really seen all that much in comparison to, say, Anderson Cooper or Don Lemon or anything.

(In fact I'm surprised I have no memory of hearing him talk about Don Lemon).

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

evilmiera posted:

Theoretically, big fines or even years of jail time; he incontrovertibly and seriously perjured himself in the discrepancies between his deposition and the information on the phone, and the lawyer made sure to make him repeat this on the stand, which moves it from misdemeanor to felony territory.

Realistically, none whatsoever. Perjury in civil trials is almost never pursued in Texas, and while he obviously deliberately withheld information, a conviction requires proving that he did so intentionally and isn't just an absolutely presidential dumbass who can't type two words into a search bar without loving it up, and that's a whole other beast.

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.

There's some hope that he might be tried for perjury in the Connecticut case; he's already perjured himself in the deposition phase, since he also claimed to have no texts or emails about Sandy Hook in discovery there as well, and the CT AG is probably going to be a LOT less friendly than the TX AG.

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

Outrail posted:

Sternly worded reprimands and never to be resolved threats.

Yeah the consensus I heard was it requires will on the part of the local Attorney. Specifically the will to stick your face into the bag of wasps that any such colossal shitshow trial would be and they're very unlikely to do it. Especially for a civil case.

0konner
Nov 17, 2016

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY

KitConstantine posted:

https://twitter.com/knowledge_fight/status/1556029338839121920
For those who are unaware Brian Steltzer is a favorite target of Alex Jones - he's called him a lot of things over the years, 'creepy' being the mildest. So I'm not sure if Alex will be able to ignore this segment and by extension keep ignoring Knowledge Fight

I assume Brian Steltzer is cnn’s reporter who spends half his show shuffling a sea of papers and handing out star ratings to different media outlets.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
I’ll be honest, I kept thinking “Brian Setzer” as in Stray Cats or Jump Jive an’ Wail.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

teen witch posted:

I’ll be honest, I kept thinking “Brian Setzer” as in Stray Cats or Jump Jive an’ Wail.

:same:

SlurredSpeech609
Oct 29, 2012

teen witch posted:

Yup, my brain automatically inserts orchestra every time I read his name.

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord
Only until recent pages did I think KF meant KiwiFarms in this context and I was pretty confused.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

teen witch posted:

O thank god it's not just me.

A big chunk of KF episodes end in me having rockabilly stuck in my head.

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

Your Gay Uncle posted:

This isn't me wishing death on anyone or anything like that, but I am curious if after all the trials are done and people start actually coming for the money, will Alex go out Bill Cooper style ? Bill Cooper was a piece of poo poo, but at least he (literally) stuck to his guns when it came down fighting the government.

It's kind of dangerous mythmaking to think Cooper "stuck to his guns" on fighting the government until the end. He was a broken drunk who was a danger to everyone around him and was allowed to be so for multiple years because the government didn't want to have a shootout with him after Ruby Ridge and Waco. When they finally did move against him it was because the one guy who was keeping that from happening wasn't around so the local law enforcement decided it was time to be heroes. Cooper wasn't holed up in his house or anything either, he was regularly in town, had guests coming and going and was still broadcasting for years after warrants were issued. Cooper "fighting the government" was him having more guns than a Borderlands game and more ammo than food in his house.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

teen witch posted:

Same!

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

teen witch posted:

Gay Frog Strut

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Baron von Eevl posted:

Gay Frog Strut

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Lazyfire posted:

It's kind of dangerous mythmaking to think Cooper "stuck to his guns" on fighting the government until the end. He was a broken drunk who was a danger to everyone around him and was allowed to be so for multiple years because the government didn't want to have a shootout with him after Ruby Ridge and Waco. When they finally did move against him it was because the one guy who was keeping that from happening wasn't around so the local law enforcement decided it was time to be heroes. Cooper wasn't holed up in his house or anything either, he was regularly in town, had guests coming and going and was still broadcasting for years after warrants were issued. Cooper "fighting the government" was him having more guns than a Borderlands game and more ammo than food in his house.

Sounds like it's mainly dangerous for cops and chuds so I full-heartedly endorse it

American hero Big Bill Cooper, who wouldn't let no marshall take him in alive

A Wizard of Goatse fucked around with this message at 22:41 on Aug 7, 2022

Bibliotechno Music
Dec 30, 2008

Baron von Eevl posted:

There's also a thing about how white people were invented by an ancient evil scientist to destroy true humans. It's more than a black power movement, it's an explicitly black supremacist movement that is also extremely antisemitic.

Weirdly a lot of this is mentioned in the old Tooth Tooth front page articles from like 2009.

E: the Yakub and black supremacist stuff specifically

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

teen witch posted:

:same: