Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

A shame I don’t need these anymore because that’s a heck of a personal request haul for trivial items

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fischtick
Jul 9, 2001

CORGO, THE DESTROYER

Fun Shoe
I thought I was saving up large nets for a rainy day, but instead I blew through 350+ trying to get seaweed.

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

time to rebuild for spiked shell fishing

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy
I forgot I had a quest for 100 lemonade, i just autopiloted and made the Arnold palmers. :ughh:

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Dodoman posted:

I forgot I had a quest for 100 lemonade, i just autopiloted and made the Arnold palmers. :ughh:

I just did the same with oranges :negative:

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

They really need a gold fish buff. I don't care if its like 500 gold. It's nuts that I fished 1666 times for 3 fish...

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).
That is extremely unlucky.

I dislike that gold fish are only from manual fishing but did eventually get the tower unlocked without a script.

I manually fished the last 40 fish i needed (fliers even) and got them in about 800 mealworms.

As with everything in this game, now that i no longer need them i have plenty of them. I even have a thousand grab bag 7 unopened.

Make sure you buy every occurence of grab bag 7’s from the exchange, 500 gels aren’t difficult to get.

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

New to the game. What can I SAFELY sell?

Tendales
Mar 9, 2012

Ruggan posted:

Anything you know how to easily get a lot more of. If you don't know a quick way to fill your inventory with it, don't sell it

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

[ASK] ME ABOUT MY LOVE FOR 1'S
Specifically any gold fish of any type and regular catfish, if you get far enough soon you get blue catfish, those are fine to sell. screws, gears and any machinery dont sell either. there's more to it than that but that's off the top of my head

FreshFeesh
Jun 3, 2007

Drum Solo

Tendales posted:

Anything you know how to easily get a lot more of. If you don't know a quick way to fill your inventory with it, don't sell it

This is the one true answer

FewtureMD
Dec 19, 2010

I am very powerful, of course.

63/64 Gold Leaves...Whispering Creek had better be worth all this effort :shepicide:

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

the ability to fill your inventory with antlers every day automatically is worth the effort

Ruggan posted:

things with Help Requests: 0 left or things you can fill you inventory with in 20 minutes of effort are worth selling

otherwise, do not sell

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).

FewtureMD posted:

63/64 Gold Leaves...Whispering Creek had better be worth all this effort :shepicide:

It is not a gigantic leap in xp per click like the last fishing zones are compared to earlier ones, but WC lets you get raptor eggs which give you antlers which gives you nets which lets you make a lot of money which lets you buy ALL THE THINGS!

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Kaboobi posted:

the ability to fill your inventory with antlers every day automatically is worth the effort

things with Help Requests: 0 left or things you can fill you inventory with in 20 minutes of effort are worth selling

otherwise, do not sell

Even then, keep a handful of them around. 5-10 or so if you don't know where they come from, because they can show up as the daily community center item.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
Gecko jail is so much worse than corn jail

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

Can someone mail me a Shiny Beetle for todays community center chest? IGN Ruggan

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

Ruggan posted:

Can someone mail me a Shiny Beetle for todays community center chest? IGN Ruggan

Done.

do it on my face
Feb 6, 2005
°
Anyone got a tip on how to farm small screws? I've got a sinking feeling the answer is grinding Lake Minerva for keys.

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012

do it on my face posted:

Anyone got a tip on how to farm small screws? I've got a sinking feeling the answer is grinding Lake Minerva for keys.

There’s no real way to quickly farm them. Level 6 Armadillo and Wishing Well can drop them too but otherwise yeah, your only other option is the chests.

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

Get to 99x4 and get the bear and start cracking chests from your macaw

do it on my face
Feb 6, 2005
°

Kaboobi posted:

Get to 99x4 and get the bear and start cracking chests from your macaw

I think this might be the move, hopefully the event will make it easier too. Currently at 94 but I've got stam banked as much as I can in anticipation.

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening

do it on my face posted:

I think this might be the move, hopefully the event will make it easier too. Currently at 94 but I've got stam banked as much as I can in anticipation.

Make sure you've unlocked the ironworks as well, even if you have the Iron Depot perk, it has a chance to drop them.

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

Jim's now a Blind Cave Salamander!

There's been some insane giveaways in chat. I thanked someone for funding a giveaway I got 100g from...only to be gifted 3k more.

Welp, got all the farm perks and have 1.5k left, I know to save 400 or so for Craftworks... What else do I use this on? Inventory costs me 75g and Mailbox is 60, I guess those?

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

give me 100 gold thank you

tildes
Nov 16, 2018

Atoramos posted:

There's been some insane giveaways in chat. I thanked someone for funding a giveaway I got 100g from...only to be gifted 3k more.

Welp, got all the farm perks and have 1.5k left, I know to save 400 or so for Craftworks... What else do I use this on? Inventory costs me 75g and Mailbox is 60, I guess those?

I would honestly save it for stuff coming out in the future maybe? Idk tho that’s so much.

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

Jim's now a Blind Cave Salamander!

tildes posted:

I would honestly save it for stuff coming out in the future maybe? Idk tho that’s so much.

I'm pretty early in the game, just got my first 1b and used it on macaw. I'm thinking perhaps it's actually worth it to buy nets and oj and push for 99x4 during the event. My max inventory isn't even 700

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening

Atoramos posted:

I'm pretty early in the game, just got my first 1b and used it on macaw. I'm thinking perhaps it's actually worth it to buy nets and oj and push for 99x4 during the event. My max inventory isn't even 700

I don't think it's worth it do buy anything other than perks with gold. Nothing in the flea market is worth the gold.

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

Thanks! I could use some iced tea too … or anything else.

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal
Great. Got a PHR that needs an item from a still-locked area

FreshFeesh
Jun 3, 2007

Drum Solo
Submit a help request; those (obviously) shouldn’t be popping up

Edit: My current quests require I grow 1000 broccoli and 1000 pine trees. Looks like I know what I’m planting for the next week

FreshFeesh fucked around with this message at 08:55 on Aug 8, 2022

Xerol
Jan 13, 2007

koshmar posted:

I don't think it's worth it do buy anything other than perks with gold. Nothing in the flea market is worth the gold.

I assume they meant trading.

Aside from the general "save it for the future" suggestion, you could also put more into craftworks when it comes out, increase the storehouse item cap, or yeah trade it for stamina. With the event coming up trading for OJ might not be the worst idea, although given your inventory size you might have a hard time using it effectively.

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening
Mastery bonus applies to all items that can be mastered, fish and crops count as well as items crafted

Event Bonus's kick in this evening

Xerol
Jan 13, 2007

I have all the PC fish that can be reasonably GM'd done, but I have like 4 left on LI, so I'm torn between using the nets on LI for GMing those vs. getting more silver from PC nets. Although it's not that many nets (like 400) so maybe it's better if I make progress towards the 1B silver rewards for GMing 4 new things.

e: Does that apply to opening grab bags for gold fish? Probably not going to get any of them close to 10k but I have almost a full inventory of the gold fish grab bag (mostly from personal request rewards).

e: According to chat it would, but it rounds down the mastery bonus, so don't collect from your pets until the end of the event or if they're full, and open all your grab bags at once (although probably not a good idea to void things) to get the most out of it.

Xerol fucked around with this message at 21:34 on Aug 9, 2022

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

Xerol posted:

I have all the PC fish that can be reasonably GM'd done, but I have like 4 left on LI, so I'm torn between using the nets on LI for GMing those vs. getting more silver from PC nets. Although it's not that many nets (like 400) so maybe it's better if I make progress towards the 1B silver rewards for GMing 4 new things.

e: Does that apply to opening grab bags for gold fish? Probably not going to get any of them close to 10k but I have almost a full inventory of the gold fish grab bag (mostly from personal request rewards).

e: According to chat it would, but it rounds down the mastery bonus, so don't collect from your pets until the end of the event or if they're full, and open all your grab bags at once (although probably not a good idea to void things) to get the most out of it.

You will definitely want to GM all the fish at Large Island for Tower, but since the Mastery bonus is only +10% and the Silver bonus is +20%, I'd think you'd still just want to use all your nets at PC for the event and then worry about LI after the event.

Unponderable
Feb 16, 2007

Good enough.
The event is live! But the servers are dying from large net spam.

FreshFeesh
Jun 3, 2007

Drum Solo
Hmm, do I go for my next farm row (10b) or buy the Onion, which will give me lots of crops.

That's honestly a tough call

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

I’d go for the row, more mushrooms faster.

also during the event it’ll be another 16 mega beet seeds planted/GJ’d per day which is a lot of silver

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

Jealous?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tildes
Nov 16, 2018
First $10b to inventory growth, right? I’ve got all pets but the onion, and all to level 6 but the owl.

Alternatives would be the onion or the crop row I guess, but those seem less useful.