Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
I'm pretty sure an ovarian cyst burst last night or maybe I'm just dying horribly, whatever while I was getting into bed. It felt like someone stabbed me in my lower-ish right side, and occasionally I would get an additional stabbing pain if I moved so I just kind of laid on my stomach for a while. Even if I tried to prop myself up on my elbows, I felt that stabbing pain so I couldn't even play my 3DS while I waited for the pain to fully subside. Eventually I fell asleep around 3am. :shrug:

edit: ovarian snipe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maigius
Jun 29, 2013

17 goddamn days of tedious not all that active period. It's better than the flood in May, but I'd really like it to stop. Still extremely weird cycle wise and am going to call the gynecologist when I get back.

Bibliotechno Music
Dec 30, 2008

God drat do I have the period shits. Every time I’ve peed today I’ve also pooped. This is not helped by the fact that my period hunger is here, and I’m ravenously eating every single thing in the house. Just turning the contents of my pantry into solid waste as quickly as possible.

Pinus Porcus
May 14, 2019

Ranger McFriendly
I am both on my period and my kid got me sick. My period has decided to take advantage of my extreme fatigue and open the flood gates of hell. Yay, period fatigue mixed with sick fatigue. gently caress this

Emily Spinach
Oct 21, 2010

:)
It’s 🌿Garland🌿!😯😯😯 No…🙅 I am become😤 😈CHAOS👿! MMMMH😋 GHAAA😫
Me last night: hmm I'm feeling really anxious about daycare costs going up and how bored I am at work.

Me this morning: oh there's a bit of spotting, that makes sense.

Maybe I'll wait a bit before making any crazy decisions.

CherryCola
Apr 15, 2002

'ahtaj alshifa
Tired and feel like everyone hates me and just a general ominous feeling. Oh yeah my period is in two days. OBVIOUSLY.

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things

CherryCola posted:

Tired and feel like everyone hates me and just a general ominous feeling. Oh yeah my period is in two days. OBVIOUSLY.

Came here to post this. So loving exhausted. Also

"why did I just consider giving away my reliable coffee maker?"

I find that I hate things and clutter even more during the crimson wave.

AbstractBlacksmith
Mar 26, 2013
I’m listening to two male coworkers talking about how heavy the flow is this week and my first instinct is to reply “oh, yours too?” Glad I didn’t because no, they mean workflow.

Bibliotechno Music
Dec 30, 2008

AbstractBlacksmith posted:

I’m listening to two male coworkers talking about how heavy the flow is this week and my first instinct is to reply “oh, yours too?” Glad I didn’t because no, they mean workflow.

Shoulda done it.

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things
A guy I work with just said he was craving junk food and I said "aw we are synced up". He laughed.

xcheopis
Jul 23, 2003

CherryCola posted:

This becomes free-floating at peri-menopause, most often popping up when you just want to go to sleep now, thanks ever so.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Emily Spinach posted:

Me last night: hmm I'm feeling really anxious about daycare costs going up and how bored I am at work.

Me this morning: oh there's a bit of spotting, that makes sense.

Maybe I'll wait a bit before making any crazy decisions.

:lol:

I've been here many times.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable
Menopause for me has been worst when I am trying to go to sleep, or in the dead of night when suddenly I have a hot flash. Everything is hot and I rip everything off and make sure the fans are all on (I have 2 now because I melt in bed), and throw all the covers away, but I'm still burning up and hot regardless.

Breaking into a sudden sweat for no reason is pretty crappy and wrecks my sleep cycle. So far though they only happen in bed when I'm about to sleep or already sleeping.

xcheopis
Jul 23, 2003

The Titanic posted:

Menopause for me has been worst when I am trying to go to sleep, or in the dead of night when suddenly I have a hot flash. Everything is hot and I rip everything off and make sure the fans are all on (I have 2 now because I melt in bed), and throw all the covers away, but I'm still burning up and hot regardless.

Breaking into a sudden sweat for no reason is pretty crappy and wrecks my sleep cycle. So far though they only happen in bed when I'm about to sleep or already sleeping.

Yeah, I read up on the loving things and they are much more common at night. I ended up on Paxil because they were waking me up just enough to notice how much my hands hurt and I'd get maybe four hours of actual rest. Helped with the short-term memory issue, too.

CherryCola
Apr 15, 2002

'ahtaj alshifa
Started my period today AND it’s about to storm. So all of my limbs feel like someone pumped a bunch of lead into them. I’m going to eat a pizza, lay on my couch and watch garbage television.

tango alpha delta
Sep 9, 2011

Ask me about my wealthy lifestyle and passive income! I love bragging about my wealth to my lessers! My opinions are more valid because I have more money than you! Stealing the fruits of the labor of the working class is okay, so long as you don't do it using crypto. More money = better than!
I’ve been married for twenty seven years and I had no idea my wife put up with this awful poo poo. Here I am feeling sorry for myself because I have the occasional gout attack. I had no idea that menstruation was so loving brutal.

Ralph Crammed In
May 11, 2007

Let's get clean and smart

I'm doing some work right now for some typesetting and one of the points I need to make is "remove period" for some of the pages and I have to resist sooooooo hard to make the joke that I wish I could remove my period to remain professional.

CherryCola
Apr 15, 2002

'ahtaj alshifa
Everything from the bottom of my rib cage to my knees hurts.

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

tango alpha delta posted:

I’ve been married for twenty seven years and I had no idea my wife put up with this awful poo poo. Here I am feeling sorry for myself because I have the occasional gout attack. I had no idea that menstruation was so loving brutal.

It really heavily depends on the woman. A lot of the time I don't even notice any changes. Your wife might be fine? I can't tell if this post is bc you talked to her or bc you read this thread

And honestly a lot of the things people post in here I would have called my doctor ages ago about, but calling my doctor is also free and idk where other posters live

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

I was just playing a really sweet little game, (Songbird Symphony, suuuper cute, especially if you like birds)
Anyway, I got oddly weepy about a mildly sad bit of the plot.
'Hmm' I thought, 'that's that's bit odd, getting so sensitive about something so small?'

Guess what kicked off the next day?

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

an admin fat fingered a permaban and all i got was this lousy av
Well, now I'm suspicious because I've been a little extra weepy all day and I've had a very specific craving for ice cream and M&M's. What kind of M&M's, you ask? ALL OF THEM, including a new one they released in my area that's a gluten-free cookie shell. (It's super addicting)

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

Pookah posted:

I was just playing a really sweet little game, (Songbird Symphony, suuuper cute, especially if you like birds)
Anyway, I got oddly weepy about a mildly sad bit of the plot.
'Hmm' I thought, 'that's that's bit odd, getting so sensitive about something so small?'

Guess what kicked off the next day?

Gotta warn you against playing Stray. Burst into tears at the intro where the cat falls down a giant hole and is separated from his siblings who all stand at the top of the hole meowing down at him

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

Poo In An Alleyway posted:

Gotta warn you against playing Stray. Burst into tears at the intro where the cat falls down a giant hole and is separated from his siblings who all stand at the top of the hole meowing down at him

:cry:

coronatae
Oct 14, 2012

I am sweating like a racehorse under my mask, thanks uterus

xcheopis
Jul 23, 2003

coronatae posted:

I am sweating like a racehorse under my mask, thanks uterus

I have secondary Sjögren's. I was told that medication is less expensive and more effective than otc meds. The primary side effect for that medication is "excessive sweating". I laughed derisively in menopause and bought more eye drops and lozenges.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

tango alpha delta posted:

If it makes you feel any better, I don't say anything or complain really. The only time I might is if something really unusually painful happens, like a bad urinary tract infection that makes feel especially bad or if I have a period that doesn't go away for longer than usual and everything has cramped up into miserable constant achy pain no matter how many hot baths and heating pads I use.

I will complain about my hot flashes every so often.

I'm also not afraid to talk to an obgyn about unusual things too, so I try to stay ahead of things where possible and don't let anything go too far without making sure something really bad isn't happening.

Pyrtanis
Jun 30, 2007

The ghosts of our glories are gray-bearded guides
Fun Shoe

jfc I injected that game straight into my aorta and the amount of crying I did was incredible. I had a crying headache for an hour after the ending

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

Hmm. Slight migraine that doesn't go away for two days.

(36 hours later)

Didn't you hear me whinny, cowgirl? The cotton pony is requesting you saddle up.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable
Enjoying not having a period, and replacing it with hot flashes and an inability to sleep last night. Rolling with like 2 hours of sleep!

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

I gots period fun going on and it's over 22 degrees celcius here in Ireland at half fecking nine at night.

I am boiling and so so very cross and uncomfortable.

I want it to be 10 degrees and have no period right now thanks.

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

Pookah posted:

I gots period fun going on and it's over 22 degrees celcius here in Ireland at half fecking nine at night.

It’s disgustingly hot isn’t it? It was 25 degrees in Cork City with no wind, and even worse than that it was 33 degrees inside our apartment with the windows all open

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

It’s disgustingly hot isn’t it? It was 25 degrees in Cork City with no wind, and even worse than that it was 33 degrees inside our apartment with the windows all open

Argh, that is so so bad :(.
At night, I have to keep my hair in a soaking wet bun, sleep under the thinnest possible blanket, and I'm still stifling. We're lucky, in that we're on the east coast, so there's a bit of a breeze, but it's still absolutely boiling.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

Pookah posted:

I'm so jealous, it was like 27 last night here and I wanted to die

10 degrees and no period at night is generally the optimal-est night for me too

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

YeahTubaMike posted:

I'm so jealous, it was like 27 last night here and I wanted to die

10 degrees and no period at night is generally the optimal-est night for me too

27c? That is just plain nasty :(
I love how easy it is to sleep when the room is a bit chilly and being under being under the covers is cosy and comfy . You wrap the covers up around your face so only your nose sticks out because otherwise it might be a little too chilly :)

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

Pookah posted:

I love how easy it is to sleep when the room is a bit chilly and being under being under the covers is cosy and comfy . You wrap the covers up around your face so only your nose sticks out because otherwise it might be a little too chilly :)

Fortunately goonhusband had the good sense to buy a fan a couple of years ago and we have it on at the foot of the bed all night every night

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

Pookah posted:

27c was a loving relief, the days have been between 32 & 38 for the past week and a half :cry: Maybe one day I can find a nice Icelandic gentleman to marry because I love him and definitely not to gain the citizenship of a country whose summers max out at like 19c

I miss comforter weather so much :smithicide:

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

YeahTubaMike posted:

27c was a loving relief, the days have been between 32 & 38 for the past week and a half :cry: Maybe one day I can find a nice Icelandic gentleman to marry because I love him and definitely not to gain the citizenship of a country whose summers max out at like 19c

I miss comforter weather so much :smithicide:

Oh poo poo, that is so nasty.
It's weird how being pushed even a degree or two out of your comfort zone is so unpleasant.
It's normal enough to hit 18-20 degrees at night for a few days in summer in Ireland, but anything above 20 is weird, and having it so for days on end is especially weird.
I came down to breakfast this morning and it was nearly 24 degrees by 10:30. That is just plain not normal.

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things

The Titanic posted:

Enjoying not having a period, and replacing it with hot flashes and an inability to sleep last night. Rolling with like 2 hours of sleep!

Every time im on my period I have extreme night sweats/hots and it sucks so bad.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

Pookah posted:

Oh poo poo, that is so nasty.
It's weird how being pushed even a degree or two out of your comfort zone is so unpleasant.
It's normal enough to hit 18-20 degrees at night for a few days in summer in Ireland, but anything above 20 is weird, and having it so for days on end is especially weird.
I came down to breakfast this morning and it was nearly 24 degrees by 10:30. That is just plain not normal.

I'm not even currently menstruating, but temperatures above 25 generally make me want to kill someone and temperatures here (in NYC) generally don't go back BELOW 30 until like mid-September if we're lucky.

The funny thing is that I was planning on visiting Dublin in August 2019, but I was too lazy to renew my passport. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

Oh I was in NYC for a short holiday some years ago, just after the remains of a hurricane was pushing up the east coast.
It was an extremely humid 35 degrees on our first day. We literally managed to walk very slowly to a nearby supermarket in Jersey City, it was just too horribly hot to do anything else.
The rest of the week was a lot cooler, but that first 24 hours was insane.