Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
All cops are pedos

https://twitter.com/ChildrensComm/status/1556513104959258625?t=jLbrn1LSOzPTPM2GqU5rAQ&s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
London is cool, just need to level the square mile with a thermobaric air strike.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

BBC straight up lying here. It's people not doing voluntary overtime

https://twitter.com/BBCNWT/status/1556611612706045952?t=6nXMz8uEt44qv0BDXUFk2Q&s=19

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
Scotrail were always referring to it as strike action here when the same dispute caused them to cut the normal service and operating hours for a couple of months this year. It was a real ball ache getting anywhere (trains every hour at best, lines closing at 8pm etc.)

Why don't UK train operators have enough drivers to maintain a basic service without OT? (rhetorical question I already know that the answer is capitalism).

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

keep punching joe posted:

Scotrail were always referring to it as strike action here when the same dispute caused them to cut the normal service and operating hours for a couple of months this year. It was a real ball ache getting anywhere (trains every hour at best, lines closing at 8pm etc.)

Why don't UK train operators have enough drivers to maintain a basic service without OT? (rhetorical question I already know that the answer is capitalism).

Iirc a lot of drivers have been getting covid

Quotey
Aug 16, 2006

We went out for lunch and then we stopped for some bubble tea.

Communist Thoughts posted:

It owns that the dentists haven't been operating for 2 years now but its just another system failure to throw on the enormous pile

my appointment was just after first lockdown and i still havent seen them. good stuff

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

Jose posted:

BBC straight up lying here. It's people not doing voluntary overtime

https://twitter.com/BBCNWT/status/1556611612706045952?t=6nXMz8uEt44qv0BDXUFk2Q&s=19

Before the 72 and 74 miner's strikes the NUM banned overtime to make sure coal stocks were depleted and the actual strike would have maximum effect

One of the many things Thatcher did to ensure success was maximise coal output prior to the 85 strike so there were huge stockpiles of coal at power stations and the lights could be kept on all year

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

MikeCrotch posted:

Before the 72 and 74 miner's strikes the NUM banned overtime to make sure coal stocks were depleted and the actual strike would have maximum effect

One of the many things Thatcher did to ensure success was maximise coal output prior to the 85 strike so there were huge stockpiles of coal at power stations and the lights could be kept on all year

that's crazy interesting ty

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

Quotey posted:

my appointment was just after first lockdown and i still havent seen them. good stuff

Have you tried paying for the same dentists at the same place to do the same thing?

one weird trick but they suddenly magically have time to see you

The Lobotomy Kid
Aug 27, 2011

and act like a nut.
https://twitter.com/annaturley/status/1556599101474603008?s=21&t=T2g5MyGDDDim8rIoRn9qyQ

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

https://twitter.com/trussliz/status/148813032645083136?t=vkZegdSGR9RaOAoXl2vDcg&s=19

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

Your days are arithmetic'd

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔

guys what the HELL is going on with your island

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Im sorry for your country but this is tremendous content

The Donut
Aug 28, 2008

Zelensky's Zealots
Soiled Meat

Casey Finnigan posted:

legit thought this was a parody account but nope it's actually Liz

dispatch_async
Nov 28, 2014

Imagine having the time to have played through 20 generations of one family in The Sims 2. Imagine making the original two members of that family Neil Buchanan and Cat Deeley. Imagine complaining to Maxis there was no technological progression. You've successfully imagined my life

https://twitter.com/annaturley/status/1556611538219372547

Is there anything the Labour right doesn't want to punish with summary executions?

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

listen, she may be an idiot, but at least she's a serious leader whos forthright about being willing to end the world in nuclear hellfire

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

Casey Finnigan posted:

:confused: this country is in great geometry

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

End the woke math, and increase the challenge for English children

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Casey Finnigan posted:

a lot of failsons and daughters in positions of power slowly eroding the foundations until it started collapsing

the collapsing stage is pretty funny but also painful. It's getting less funny as people i know start having issues getting into the doctors, hospitals and dentists. I think the lack of alarm is what makes it worse. The NHS quietly died and no one is all that worried yet.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Casey Finnigan posted:

Private schools & inbreeding.

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem

TACD posted:

lol

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

TACD posted:

Lmfao

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:
Liz truss is going to write the orders for if the bbc stops broadcasting the archers

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
boris has ruled out doing anything says he wants to leave all the fun to the new pm

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

TACD posted:

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

jeometry crombyn

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Im sorry for your country but this is tremendous content

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

Just found the following excerpt from Nadine Dorries' book:

quote:

Jeff thought his lottery arithmetics had come up when he saw Sharon's geometric bosom

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь
Has anyone posted the tweets about the food parcels from the Soviet Union? Like Soviet miners sent British strikers food parcels

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

keep punching joe posted:

This is every day here in this part of Wales. It's appalling like everything in this loving island.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

This is far more reasonable than nationalisation

https://twitter.com/HugoGye/status/1556704763768627206?t=YDaOw2V0Z5mcgEVjHKbfyA&s=19

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

TACD posted:

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Flipswitch posted:

This is every day here in this part of Wales. It's appalling like everything in this loving island.

no way man it's cool how the only barely surviving services is whatever tourists might use on their way to poo poo all over Snowdon

go the gently caress home we don't want your loving money there's nothing to spend it on

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem
what about life's luxuries, like food and electricity. you'll be the envy of the whole UK if you can afford that poo poo this winter! lol

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp
Has anyone called the royal family "The Insane Crown Posse"?

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

TACD posted:

Lol

E: ^^^ also Lol

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

more like the enormous gaping mouth just before he says anything

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

i am harry posted:

more like the enormous gaping mouth just before he says anything

:boom:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

L.H.O.O.Q.
Jan 3, 2013

:coal:

didn’t France just like say that companies couldn’t raise prices more than 4%? is there any reason the UK couldn’t just do that? guessing it’s to do with France having a nationalised energy sector?