Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
COSTCO!!!
PBUC
Executive Member
I make terrible financial decisions here.
BRING BACK THE COMBO SLICE
505 Club
Death To Sams Club
Goku waiting in extremely long gas line.
View Results

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

I dedicated large amounts of time and effort to not have to be a cashier anymore. You can't make me go back, not even for a few minutes to scan my own stuff!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

We don’t have self checkout at my Costco

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

I just popped a slice of pep and a hot dog with drink

1380 calories baby, lets loving go

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

kntfkr posted:

dude shut the gently caress up about kimchi!!!
Great news everybody!

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Alan Smithee posted:

im about as far from it as I can possibly be

where are YOU

oh poo poo you're right! I've never been at mine on a weekend before but they close at 6pm!!!

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
Count the "G"s!

If two you see alright you'll be
If one is there buyer beware
If three are spoke you must clear your throat

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

numberoneposter posted:

Great news everybody!

"the expanded space makes the bottle not fuckin explode on you in the fridge"

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

numberoneposter posted:

Great news everybody!

Loving the new packaging, let us know how the flavor is! Sometimes I find that if it gets a month or two extra in the fridge it tastes even better.

Don't forget to poke a hole in the lid

Synesthesian Fetish
Apr 29, 2008

Ya know, I useta be President... I'll let you kids punch me anywhere but the face for a dollar.

Alan Smithee posted:

lol if you dont do self checkout at the co

wish they had barcode guns like Home Depot that you could use yourself

You're assuming people don't have alcohol in their carts...

halokiller
Dec 28, 2008

Sisters Are Doin' It For Themselves

Self checkout owns because most of the general public still finds them confusing to use so the lines are always shorter.

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

halokiller posted:

Self checkout owns because most of the general public still finds them confusing to use so the lines are always shorter.

:emptyquote:

They rule because boomer fuckheads don't understand that not interacting with other humans is actually great

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Nobody puts Phil in a corner.

david_a posted:

At mine they have nannies at every self checkout who do everything for you so I’m not sure what the point is

they'll slowly phase that out - it'll go from 8 attendants to 6 to 4 to 2 over the course of a few months - it's soft conditioning the folk to getting used to self checkout.

My church now only has 1 self checkout guru goin'

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm

Slotducks posted:

they'll slowly phase that out - it'll go from 8 attendants to 6 to 4 to 2 over the course of a few months - it's soft conditioning the folk to getting used to self checkout.

My church now only has 1 self checkout guru goin'

They’ve had self-checkout for years, though. There was a period where they shut down those lanes because there was too much loss associated with it, so I have a feeling the workers are there to prevent theft as opposed to making things go faster.

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Nobody puts Phil in a corner.

david_a posted:

They’ve had self-checkout for years, though. There was a period where they shut down those lanes because there was too much loss associated with it, so I have a feeling the workers are there to prevent theft as opposed to making things go faster.

Oh! fair enough! that's how it worked in my local up here in the great white north

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem

AHH F/UGH posted:

:emptyquote:

They rule because boomer fuckheads don't understand that not interacting with other humans is actually great

Problem is that’s not how Costco self checkouts actually work. They intentionally don’t have a hand scanner so can’t actually self check out if you’re buying any package bigger than a cubic foot and you have to wait for someone to come scan for you.

I stopped using them for a bit because of how stupid it is. I adjusted my mindset though and now I just treat them as normal lanes with shorter lines. I just immediately wave at and summon the hand scanner man as I pull in to my station.

I don’t think I’ve scanned a single thing myself in the self checkout in a year.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter
On my last visit a lady came up behind me at the registers and said "don't worry they go pretty quick! They're good here. I used to have a membership to Sam's too but after my husband died I decided I didn't need both"

I wouod have praised her smart choices but I was immobilized by the widows reveal.

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

"It's J is for...you know what? Fuck it, jizz it is"
My wife had her first Costco dog this weekend and loved it.

What she didn't love was the amount of Halloween going from 2 last weekend to 0 this weekend and being replaced by Christmas stuff.

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum
Wife's off to costco in a couple of hours. I'm trying to eat fewer carbs (like the FUCKIN AMAZING pineapple-shaped guava-flavoured shortbread) and more stuff like, IDK, the nuts and cheese snacks. More fat and protein. I also just got an outdoor grill so I can also do meat in that. Since I won't be there myself, please suggest good food that's high in fat and protein and low in carbs, from costco, and also stuff I can put on the grill.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Chicken, beef, pork, and,

Halloumi or haloumi is a traditional Cypriot cheese made from a mixture of goat's and sheep's milk, and sometimes also cow's milk. Its texture is described as squeaky. It has a high melting point and so can easily be fried or grilled, a property that makes it a popular meat substitute.

Get some of that.

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum

MarcusSA posted:

Chicken, beef, pork, and,

Halloumi or haloumi is a traditional Cypriot cheese made from a mixture of goat's and sheep's milk, and sometimes also cow's milk. Its texture is described as squeaky. It has a high melting point and so can easily be fried or grilled, a property that makes it a popular meat substitute.

Get some of that.

I loving love halloumi. I didn't know they had it at costco!

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

redreader posted:

I loving love halloumi. I didn't know they had it at costco!

I haven't seen it at mine. My warehouse does carry paneer though, which is also good when grilled/fried up. Mexican panela cheese also works for that too, but I dunno if costco has that either

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik
those of you getting the dog food, how do you like it? I’m really happy with the current brand Pongo eats but I can’t ignore the savings.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

devmd01 posted:

those of you getting the dog food, how do you like it? I’m really happy with the current brand Pongo eats but I can’t ignore the savings.

Ya know it’s ok? The puppy we just got was on the yellow bag and she really likes it so we are just going to stick with it.

I guess I can trust Costco to have quality food.

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

Bum the Sad posted:

Problem is that’s not how Costco self checkouts actually work. They intentionally don’t have a hand scanner so can’t actually self check out if you’re buying any package bigger than a cubic foot and you have to wait for someone to come scan for you.

I stopped using them for a bit because of how stupid it is. I adjusted my mindset though and now I just treat them as normal lanes with shorter lines. I just immediately wave at and summon the hand scanner man as I pull in to my station.

I don’t think I’ve scanned a single thing myself in the self checkout in a year.

At mine the staff are just standing there waiting to scan stuff for you because as the other posters said, boomers don't use them :hellyeah:

Jaxts
Apr 29, 2008
Found out the lot being cleared across the street from where I live isn't going to be more housing but instead a commercial plaza that will include a Costco.

All the neighbors are pissed but gently caress it I'm a SAHD that has $1.50 hotdog lunches soon to be in walking distance. (With refill)

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
i dont wanna deal with the traffic but i wish i had a costco food court within walking distance

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

People need to be cleaner at the soda machines, there's always spilled soda and melting ice around them. Such disrespect.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
you give people a trough they will act a pig

BaseballPCHiker
Jan 16, 2006

devmd01 posted:

Been using the regular lamb and rice food for years now just fine. Our vet actually recommended it over the grain free stuff they sell.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005

redreader posted:

Wife's off to costco in a couple of hours. I'm trying to eat fewer carbs (like the FUCKIN AMAZING pineapple-shaped guava-flavoured shortbread) and more stuff like, IDK, the nuts and cheese snacks. More fat and protein. I also just got an outdoor grill so I can also do meat in that. Since I won't be there myself, please suggest good food that's high in fat and protein and low in carbs, from costco, and also stuff I can put on the grill.

Every Costco has different items based on region, so it's basically gonna amount to: meats, whatever you want (chicken, bison, bacon, ham, turkey). Salad, Broccoli, Celery from produce. Blackberries and raspberries if you want something a little fruity but can control yourself. The low-carb mission tortillas have been a staple of mine for years, but the bread you get there kind of sucks. If you want bread i'd go with Carbonaut from a whole foods near you.

Rao's Homemade Marinara, Wildbrine Saurkraut, Jonggo Kimchi, Kibun's Healthy Noodles, Sukhi's Chicken Misala, HiLo nacho chips, 405 pork rinds, all that stuff is pretty universal and good for keto. Depending on your area, you might have access to some sweet options, but honestly I try to stay away from them because they aren't that great.

I've done Keto for like, 5 years now, and there are so many more options now then there used to be, but as I keep repeating, every Costco is different and companies like the bill something as keto that really isn't. I'd almost have to take a walk through your Costco to say "this is good, this is bad, etc".

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

I got the big bag of frozen jackfruit and it's really good in smoothies

graventy
Jul 28, 2006

Fun Shoe
I went to the business center over the weekend and came reeeeeeal close to buying some Jonggo Kimchi, but it was in a gigantic vat and seemed like way to much kimchi for me.

sexy tiger boobs
Aug 23, 2002

Up shit creek with a turd for a paddle.

ShowTime posted:

Jonggo Kimchi is pretty universal

Really? I'm in Oregon and haven't been able to find it. Is it around the sauerkraut usually? Smugworth's shilling has me fiending bad.

Can't find any kimchi at my costco...

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread

BaseballPCHiker posted:

Been using the regular lamb and rice food for years now just fine. Our vet actually recommended it over the grain free stuff they sell.

Grain free is bad unless you are going to take the time and effort to add grain to their diet some other way

It makes no sense to me but positively feeding only no grain dog food causes heart problems in many dogs

This is a relatively recent finding.
If your dog loves their grain free food you can simply add grains to their bowl couple times a week. Google what kinds will work (or pm me I'll send you a list)

Source, multiple vets and my mom, bougie dog breeder fanatic extraordinare

Spinz fucked around with this message at 20:48 on Aug 8, 2022

DamnitGannet
Apr 8, 2007

It’s such a trip going from parishioner to clergy. My job is literally giving communion (dogs) to people, and only very rarely is someone not absolutely delighted to be getting a chicken bake or pizza or whatever. PBUC

SamDabbers
May 26, 2003

DamnitGannet posted:

It’s such a trip going from parishioner to clergy. My job is literally giving communion (dogs) to people, and only very rarely is someone not absolutely delighted to be getting a chicken bake or pizza or whatever. PBUC

Sounds like a sweet gig, grats!

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005

sexy tiger boobs posted:

Really? I'm in Oregon and haven't been able to find it. Is it around the sauerkraut usually? Smugworth's shilling has me fiending bad.

Can't find any kimchi at my costco...

Kind of the same section, but I usually find the saurkraut near the meats, while I usually find the kimchi near the premade meals. But I imagine it's all different.

I mainly eat the Keto diet and have for years, and Costco has accounted for easily 90-95% of my grocery shopping during that time. I buy in bulk, a lot of meat, and Costco is obviously perfect that. They've really come around on keto options over the past few years and make it fairly affordable. People on this diet, back before it became mainstream, are used to having limited to no options, and getting absolutely crushed on pricing when options were available. Costco hasn't really done that.

Alot of items have hidden carbs in them, or even straight up bill themselves as no carb, low carb, keto friendly, etc, while they really aren't. They are just preying on people who heard about the diet, see the results and decide "hey, i'm gonna do that!". Then they end up spending $20 on a premade meal or some kind of cookies that taste like poo poo or use something like Maltitol. Russell Stovers are the absolute worst for this. You're gonna spike your blood sugar AND poo poo your brains out.

If you have a question about a specific item, you can post a link to it here and ill let you know what to expect, nutritionally at least, if I can't account for what it tastes for. But I can read an ingredient label and tell you exactly whats good or bad about it.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter
https://www.tiktok.com/embed/????????3???

Well I thought I knew what I was doing

https://www.tiktok.com/t/ZTRUG3Jnu/?k=1

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022
the costco pupusas? with the individually portioned guacamole? they're great folks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

My big dumb dog loves whatever is in the red dog food bags. Savings too good to be ignored!