Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zushio
May 8, 2008

Animating mouths is too hard just turn her lower jaw into a face mask.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

we have hatsune miku at home

hatsune miku at home:

coolusername
Aug 23, 2011

cooltitletext
Hodlnaut halting withdrawals, token swaps and deposits with immediate effect.

quote:

Update1: Hodlnaut just set their reddit sub to private only.

Update2: from u/AshamedFlame : Everything’s private - twitter, telegram, discord etc

Here is the full text I received via email:

To all users, we regret to inform you that we will be halting withdrawals, token swaps and deposits with immediate effect. We have reached this difficult decision due to recent market conditions.

We understand that this is disappointing news and understand its impact on you. We would like to reassure you that this difficult decision was taken for us to focus on stabilising our liquidity and preserving assets, while we work to find the best way to protect our users’ long-term interests. We sincerely apologise for the inconvenience that this has caused you.

We would also like to inform our users that, as a result of the above reasons, we have since withdrawn our licence application with the MAS. Hodlnaut is therefore no longer providing regulated digital payment token (DPT) services, ie our token swap feature.

We are actively working on the recovery plan that we hope to provide updates and details on as soon as permissible. We are consulting with Damodara Ong LLC on the feasibility and timelines of our intended execution plan and are strategising our recovery plan with our users’ best interests in mind.

Another exchange down :black101:

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

Hodling is mandatory, this is good for hodlnaut

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
“I know some of you have lost all your life savings but I’m sure it will be a comfort to you to know that we too are sad about this”

notwithoutmyanus
Mar 17, 2009

Squiggle posted:

Not one of those subscribers are real, absolutely zero of them

I wouldn't be surprised if North Korea built it and paid for the followers count, the whole style reeks of the South Korean/Japanese animated avatars they use as a "musician"/band. Wasn't there one famous one that "toured" and also had some glitches? Something for kpop I think. Not just the hatsunke miko one

notwithoutmyanus fucked around with this message at 17:38 on Aug 8, 2022

Stex T
Mar 7, 2005

Shut the fuck up and get out. Have fun being a slave of the rich and powerful.
Keep hodling hodling hodling hodling (what?) / Keep hodling hodling hodling hodling (come on!)

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Stex T posted:

Keep hodling hodling hodling hodling (what?) / Keep hodling hodling hodling hodling (come on!)

Lmao

Squiggle
Sep 29, 2002

I don't think she likes the special sauce, Rick.

Crypto starfish and the hodldoge flavored water

Fools Infinite
Mar 21, 2006
Journeyman
What did they pretend the non criminal use for a crypto mixer was in the first place?

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock

Fools Infinite posted:

What did they pretend the non criminal use for a crypto mixer was in the first place?

«Privacy»

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

In theory anyone who is privacy conscious about their financial transactions might want to use one, but in practice, lol, it's all criminals.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Scratch Monkey posted:

“I know some of you have lost all your life savings but I’m sure it will be a comfort to you to know that we too are sad about this”

"Your HODLing solidifies you as a pioneering innovator who's blazing the trail for future financial freedoms beyond comprehension!"

spunkshui
Oct 5, 2011

Wow, a cartoon character hopes to play a concert? What a wild and crazy new idea better write a story on this!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BdAXIj5QViw

spunkshui fucked around with this message at 18:08 on Aug 8, 2022

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.

notwithoutmyanus posted:

I wouldn't be surprised if North Korea built it and paid for the followers count, the whole style reeks of the South Korean/Japanese animated avatars they use as a "musician"/band. Wasn't there one famous one that "toured" and also had some glitches? Something for kpop I think. Not just the hatsunke miko one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yptPDsuQPa8

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Rinkles posted:

Did they get K.C. Green's blessing/permission?
https://twitter.com/kcgreenn/status/1409704078905511936

Doubtful.

Blotto_Otter
Aug 16, 2013

ymgve posted:

«Privacy»

this "currency" requires all my payments to be public, but I have many shameful purchases that I do not want to be public. So, I will mask my legal-but-shameful purchases by throwing my "currency" into a pot with others' dirty "currency" from illegal transactions and rubbing it all together, making it all dirty in the process. clearly this is the currency of the future

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Reminder that the NFT crowd does not understand copyright or Intellectual Property, and made a big fuss about it when called out over stealing other characters/art before.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

CommieGIR posted:

Reminder that the NFT crowd does not understand copyright or Intellectual Property, and made a big fuss about it when called out over stealing other characters/art before.

Gah I remember this, it was something like how a character is a mark and not copy, and it only counts as plagiarism if you explicitly use an existing work and duplicate it, but tracing isn't that

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

See if you can trick crypto bros into investing in the actual stock market.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

MC Skat Kat walked so Gorillaz could run

novamute
Jul 5, 2006

o o o

Somfin posted:

Gah I remember this, it was something like how a character is a mark and not copy, and it only counts as plagiarism if you explicitly use an existing work and duplicate it, but tracing isn't that

https://twitter.com/web3isgreat/status/1531499080693829634

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
https://twitter.com/Variety/status/1556683153565257732?s=20&t=e8Mc8aBsx30jOhWqAeBXUw

lmao

Spatial
Nov 15, 2007

CommieGIR posted:

As if lol. They'd understand it in about 5 milliseconds if they thought it would benefit them

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Spatial posted:

As if lol. They'd understand it in about 5 milliseconds if they thought it would benefit them

Well their ignorance is explicitly to their benefit, because courts would NEVER funge the NFTs! Never!

They seriously believe that a court judgement against them for IP/Copyright violation wouldn't be able to deal with Blockchain.

CommieGIR fucked around with this message at 20:06 on Aug 8, 2022

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

LifeSunDeath posted:

See if you can trick crypto bros into investing in the actual stock market.

Do Kwan, of Terra/Luna fame, got on the SEC's radar before Luna went to hell because he started something called "Mirror Protocol" that was basically this. The idea was that they had tokens pegged to the price of the stock of companies on the Dow/NASDAQ/ S&P which they advertised as "on block exposure to real-world assets" which was the crypto way to say "this is worthless."

drk
Jan 16, 2005
oops

https://twitter.com/ncweaver/status/1556729487743664130

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

a grifter cries foul

Scam Likely
Feb 19, 2021

My conversation with an Instagram NFT scammer account.

Scammer: Hi Scam Likely. I buy artworks as NFT do you mind selling to me ?

*posts already screenshotted copy of my work*

Me: Absolutely not.

Scammer: I'm interested in buying three of your Artwork's as NFT

*posts three more screenshotted pieces*

Such loving bullshit. At this point I'm assuming they're already posted as NFTs and I'm trying to coax this scammer into sharing where they're putting up their auctions. So far all I know is they're on Global-nft.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
My guess is more like "Wow! I really want to buy your art as an NFT. I'll give you 10,000 dollars! All you have to do is pay a nominal 200 dollar gas fee in the form of a google play gift card.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

new meta: airdrop sanctioned tokens to your posting enemies wallets then report them to OFAC

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

I thought the bottom of the nose there was a smile at first.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

Wtf is SDN

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Salt Fish posted:

My guess is more like "Wow! I really want to buy your art as an NFT. I'll give you 10,000 dollars! All you have to do is pay a nominal 200 dollar gas fee in the form of a google play gift card.

another thing that should be illegal, giftcards.

notwithoutmyanus
Mar 17, 2009

repiv posted:

new meta: airdrop sanctioned tokens to your posting enemies wallets then report them to OFAC

This would be the best solution for all of crypto right here. Tornado just needs to airdrop 1 token free to every single eth wallet. Voila, 98% of crypto resolved.

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

Suck on Deez Nuts

but actually Specially Designated Nationals. It's the list of groups that are formally identified as a threat to US national security -- think "terrorist groups, organized crime syndicates, drug kingpins, hostile governments, Magnitsky Act individuals" and similar.

Being on the SDN list makes you persona non grata to the entire US business and financial system, with hefty penalties for any American person or company who tries to do business with them (including passive business such as owning stock in their companies).

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

holy poo poo graphics cards are almost back to normal prices. nature is healing!

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost
I keep seeing people fall for the whole "no we're totally building a thing / making a service / providing a utility" angle on these projects

None of it's real! None of it is ever real! They don't want to actually put medical records on the blockchain, they just want to sell you a bunch of digital trash and run! Why do people keep listening past the "it's powered by blockchain" bit?

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

Somfin posted:

I keep seeing people fall for the whole "no we're totally building a thing / making a service / providing a utility" angle on these projects

None of it's real! None of it is ever real! They don't want to actually put medical records on the blockchain, they just want to sell you a bunch of digital trash and run! Why do people keep listening past the "it's powered by blockchain" bit?

https://twitter.com/web3isgreat/status/1555313813821472768

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coolusername
Aug 23, 2011

cooltitletext
The utility is the community we made along the way. It’s just bro mlm.

GM 💋!! Let’s reach that 🌕 by HODLing our brand new ✨lowest copyright laws EVER✨ NFT. It’s so 🤯, this chemical-free, all organic 🦧 changed my life in ONLY three hours.. now I don’t need a job grinding 9-5, because I’m my OWN 📈 stonks boss 💪

Why haven’t you heard about it before 🤔? Because big 🤢 fiat 💵 is trying to hide this life-changing secret 🤫 from you!

Want to get in on this 🚀?? It’s 100% a one time only offer for the most 💎🤝 boss bros 💅

DM me for more info! 😘

WGMI xoxoxo 💕💕