Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
iberia folded and we're giving up 10% of gas consumption, apparently the gov officials are hoping it wont even be that much lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Honest Thief posted:

iberia folded and we're giving up 10% of gas consumption, apparently the gov officials are hoping it wont even be that much lol

Cowards

Antifa Poltergeist
Jun 3, 2004

"We're not laughing with you, we're laughing at you"

I've upped my intake of cheese and beans so ill be producing 10% more gas, for the union.im doing my part!

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
according to the president of Endesa in Portugal, to counter the stopgap measure to LNG prices in Iberia that deficit will just be pushed to consumers up to 40% according to his estimates lol

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Lithuanian MPs been playing crusader kings a bit too much

https://twitter.com/MatasMaldeikis/status/1554695526121181184?t=EzJbLwCpn98BWPUNkjH0WA&s=19

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Oh Lithuania, please do invade Russia just for the banter.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

top bants m8

Kassad
Nov 12, 2005

It's about time.
okay but why are they talking about russia invading taiwan tho

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Kassad posted:

yeah the orcs weren't even at the battle of five armies

edit did that get retconned in the movie? i coulda swore the book only had goblins, not orcs

i say swears online has issued a correction as of 18:06 on Aug 8, 2022

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

i say swears online posted:

yeah the orcs weren't even at the battle of five armies

edit did that get retconned in the movie? i coulda swore the book only had goblins, not orcs

Goblins are orcs in middle earth, dummy!

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Kassad posted:

the anti-communist alliance thinks the two have secretly revived the comintern and are doing joint operations to take control of eurasia

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Mr. Lobe posted:

Goblins are orcs in middle earth, dummy!

oh it's a ussr/russia thing again

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

A Buttery Pastry posted:

the anti-communist alliance thinks the two have secretly revived the comintern and are doing joint operations to take control of eurasia

Oceania has always been at war with Eurasia!

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

forkboy84 posted:

Oh Lithuania, please do invade Russia just for the banter.

They have to get through Belarus first. Smolensk is just on the other side, so this boob is presumably saying Belarus is Lithuania too, that just doesn't play as well.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Weka posted:

They have to get through Belarus first. Smolensk is just on the other side, so this boob is presumably saying Belarus is Lithuania too, that just doesn't play as well.

Of course he's saying that, he wants a restoration of the borders of the Commonwealth. Not sure Hyper-nationalist accurately describes this freak, could be too moderate for him

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Weka posted:

actually, you can invade russia directly from lithuania

Ardennes
May 12, 2002

A Buttery Pastry posted:

Yeah but it going to get you closer to Moscow. It is time for a second time of troubles! (which actually really did not work out for Poland… but most things don’t)

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

forkboy84 posted:

Of course he's saying that, he wants a restoration of the borders of the Commonwealth. Not sure Hyper-nationalist accurately describes this freak, could be too moderate for him

Somebody with twitter tell him that Lithuania is part of Poland, which was always the dominant part of the commonwealth.

A Buttery Pastry posted:

Congratulations on being technically correct, the best kind of correct.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Ardennes posted:

Yeah but it going to get you closer to Moscow. It is time for a second time of troubles! (which actually really did not work out for Poland… but most things don’t)
first you take kaliningrad with elite operators, commandeer a russian nuclear submarine, then sail into st. petersburg harbor and fire on all other major russian cities. lithuania gets off scot-free while russia descends into civil war after having been villainously betrayed by novgorod

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2022/8/11/sweden-agrees-to-extradite-man-to-turkey-in-wake-of-nato-deal

surprising no one except those still pining over the deliberation process

"Sweden’s government has decided to extradite to Turkey a man in his 30s who is wanted for fraud."

Take the plunge! Okay!
Feb 24, 2007

There’s been a mass shooting in Montenegro, a man shot 11 people dead and wounded several more, including a cop who got shot in the head so no vital organs were injured. Can you guess the motive?

It’s a landlord and he killed an entire family for being late with rent. Mental issues probably as well, I guess.

https://mobile.twitter.com/dwnews/status/1558139068315275264?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Oh good

https://twitter.com/redstarinfinite/status/1559548969147056130?t=8byO_CjKHCIsKh_wNXtIZw&s=19

oscarthewilde
May 16, 2012

I would often go there
To the tiny church there

lolling this surprisingly honest Nazi apologist in the replies

https://twitter.com/chezloc1/status/1559783762321412096?s=21&t=svcx56al0PjgBQMmR6PPbg

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
not all waffen ss soldiers

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

clean schutzstaffel myth

Take the plunge! Okay!
Feb 24, 2007

just a smol ss

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
estonia can have a little genocidaire glorification, as a treat

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Cerebral Bore posted:

estonia can have a little genocidaire glorification, as a treat

Stalinn

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

The Danish Social Democrats seem to have found their wedge issue for the coming election. It's hijabs. Hijabs on schoolgirls, specifically, and compulsory "Danish childrearing" classes for "some" ethnic minority women. Don't concern yourself with the energy crisis or the fact that the Foreign Minister hosed a child, there's a culture war to win. MUSLIMS!!!

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011

SplitSoul posted:

The Danish Social Democrats seem to have found their wedge issue for the coming election. It's hijabs. Hijabs on schoolgirls, specifically, and compulsory "Danish childrearing" classes for "some" ethnic minority women. Don't concern yourself with the energy crisis or the fact that the Foreign Minister hosed a child, there's a culture war to win. MUSLIMS!!!

isnt denmark the country that made a policy of literally stealing jewellery and other items off refugees. then rescinded it specifically when white ukrainian refugees started coming in

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

mila kunis posted:

isnt denmark the country that made a policy of literally stealing jewellery and other items off refugees. then rescinded it specifically when white ukrainian refugees started coming in

Also cash. It still applies to the other refugees.

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011

SplitSoul posted:

It still applies to the other refugees.

holy loving poo poo

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

SplitSoul posted:

Also cash. It still applies to the other refugees.

lol

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

SplitSoul posted:

true to the tradition of social democrats everywhere

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
In Dutch news, after decades of right-wing governments destroying the asylum system, the obvious is now happening
https://twitter.com/GordonDarroch/status/1562701064515637248

Here's a good thread explaining the whole thing
https://twitter.com/wissewords/status/1562690583835328513

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

argh why do people have to be so goddamn lovely :(

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

SplitSoul posted:

Foreign Minister hosed a child,

God drat, wtf.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

AnimeIsTrash posted:

God drat, wtf.
look, nothing they can do. it's entirely legal for a grown man and party official to gently caress a 15 year old at a party youth camp, so it would be extremely problematic to let it hamper his career

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

A Buttery Pastry posted:

look, nothing they can do. it's entirely legal for a grown man and party official to gently caress a 15 year old at a party youth camp, so it would be extremely problematic to let it hamper his career

I know "youth outreach" is always a goal but this is ridiculous