Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
Aimless encapsulates my time with Sacred 2. A game that'll have you questioning why we play these treadmills in the first place.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

The real power behind countless overlords

Evil Vin posted:

Tried to play Graveyard Keeper this past week and I was really disappointed. Don't know if it was me having all the dlc or something but I felt kind lost where to go / everything felt like it took too long. I gave the game a good chance too, probably around 15 hours or so and I felt like I was still going nowhere and producing barely nothing. I got to the point where I unlocked some sort of dungeon and I was like I hate the combat in this game why am I doing this to myself. Like if run speed was just a bit higher and production was maybe a bit more productive I'd probably would have stuck around another 15 hours. Was really disappointed since it seemed like it was going to scratch the management itch I've been having lately. (Also I was recommended it by a coworker who told me Travelers Rest, which I had just recently played and enjoyed until I ran out of content, sounded similar in mechanics)

Anyways I replaced it with Gas Station Simulator from this month's humble monthly and that's pretty much the exact nonsense I was looking for, even if it's janky af.

This is an entirely typical experience with Graveyard Keeper. I'm only surprised you lasted so long. GK makes it very easy to fall into failure spirals. The best approach is to go heavy on zombie workers to improve productivity, but even that is not great.

For other "management-ish" games, you might enjoy, in rough order of how much I think you might like them:
My Time at Portia
Rune Factory 4
Slime Rancher
Stardew Valley

Omi no Kami posted:

How is Chorvs? I keep hearing conflicting stuff, and it's really hard to figure out if it's a tight and polished indie spaceship thingie, or a bizarre and janky mess that trips into some real fun here and there.
It has a free demo - give it a try and find out for yourself.

lordfrikk
Mar 11, 2010

Oh, say it ain't fuckin' so,
you stupid fuck!

Omi no Kami posted:

How is Chorvs? I keep hearing conflicting stuff, and it's really hard to figure out if it's a tight and polished indie spaceship thingie, or a bizarre and janky mess that trips into some real fun here and there.

I think it depends how much you like it when you play the first hour. I didn't like the story or the characters and the combat, while kind of innovative for a space game, was not my cup of tea either.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Chorus is on Gamepass too if you have that and wanted to try it. Gameplay felt alright but the whispery dialog got very old very fast for me.

chglcu
May 17, 2007

I'm so bored with the USA.

Omi no Kami posted:

I was somewhat enjoying it until the forced drifting came into play, and hated the controls for that enough to drop the game. No idea if the demo includes any of that. I’m also remembering the combat being a bit frustrating when there were large numbers of enemies, but I don’t recall what my exact problem was with it.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Chorvs is cool. A lot of people don't like the melodramatic acting for whatever reason, but they're wrong and it's awesome. And the space shooting is pretty good too.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

explosivo posted:

Chorus is on Gamepass too if you have that and wanted to try it. Gameplay felt alright but the whispery dialog got very old very fast for me.

it’s spelled “chorvs”

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
CHVRCHΞS

Squiggle
Sep 29, 2002

I don't think she likes the special sauce, Rick.

chuverches

Clockwerk
Apr 6, 2005

Mordja posted:

CHVRCHΞS

Its got what SEO craves

Falcorum
Oct 21, 2010

Omi no Kami posted:

Ceviche is an ok game, the plot has some interesting bits and the gameplay if fun once you unlock powers but pretty simple otherwise, it's a good 4-5h time-waster that overstays its welcome and probably takes like 10+ hours to complete. If you do play it, I wouldn't bother with any of the side quests.

Also the closest description I have seen for the dialogue is "low tier Bollywood", it's so bad it ends up being really funny :allears:

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

Tyrant's Blessing is out. If anyone gets a chance to play around with it, I'd love to hear any early impressions!

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

GrandpaPants posted:

Tyrant's Blessing is out. If anyone gets a chance to play around with it, I'd love to hear any early impressions!

Hell same!

Anno
May 10, 2017

I'm going to drown! For no reason at all!

Unfortunately their publisher is a bit late in getting Steam keys out to Kickstarter backers. They said they hope to still make it today, so if I get mine at a reasonable time I’ll try to give it a bit of time tonight and see how it works on a Deck.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1105590/Dream_Cycle/

Just came out of EA, looks incredibly janky to me

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

looks like bargain bin control, with a sword. seems like you could do worse

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!

victrix posted:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1105590/Dream_Cycle/

Just came out of EA, looks incredibly janky to me

WIth that title im disappointed its not the bike version of "my summer car"

FishMcCool
Apr 9, 2021

lolcats are still funny
Fallen Rib

FrickenMoron posted:

WIth that title im disappointed its not the bike version of "my summer car"

Or a motorcycle dating sim, as a motorised counterpart to Dream Daddy.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Cowcaster posted:

looks like bargain bin control, with a sword

Okay, now I'm in

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

So there was a big multiverses datamine and some of these characters choices are wow

Ted Lasso, The Hound, Danaeris

quote:

The Joker
Raven
Static
Poison Ivy
Black Adam
Nubia
Scorpion
Fred Flinstone
Daffy Duck
Marvin the Martian
Johnny Bravo
Powerpuff Girls
Samurai Jack
Ben 10
Craig of the Creek
Animaniacs
Daenerys
The Hound
Gandalf
Legolas
Wicked Witch of the West
Beetlejuice
Gizmo and Stripe
Eleven
Ted Lasso
Rick
Morty
Emmet
Godzilla
Brute (original character)
Ninja (original character)
Rex (original character)

Mr Ice Cream Glove fucked around with this message at 19:44 on Aug 8, 2022

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING
I have to hand it to them, if these are real, I do love that they're going all in on "sometimes a character is 2+ cartoons startin poo poo"

Also Static had better not suck because I am tired of this company doing my boy dirty for 10+ years or so now.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

secretly best girl posted:

"sometimes a character is 2+ cartoons startin poo poo"

sorry, but what do you mean by this?

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Wait, Scorpion as in mortal kombat? Or is there another character with that same name

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

Rinkles posted:

sorry, but what do you mean by this?
Presuming it's in reference to, say, Tom and Jerry, who do not so much fight their opponents as they do each other, and the damage comes from getting caught in the crossfire.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Wait, Scorpion as in mortal kombat? Or is there another character with that same name

Mortal Kombat

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Clockwerk posted:

Its got what SEO craves

I have to pronounce it “chuverches” to get the Google voice assistant to play the right band

Squiggle
Sep 29, 2002

Do they mean the bad Spiderman villain?

edit wait that's Marvel, nm

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

where's tomba

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Add Scorpius from Farscape (and the rest of the bunch) and maybe, maybe we're talkin'.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING

Hogama posted:

Presuming it's in reference to, say, Tom and Jerry, who do not so much fight their opponents as they do each other, and the damage comes from getting caught in the crossfire.

Yeah. Multiple of those names in there sound like they work off this principle. Animaniacs alone has gotta be the same sorta thing.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
I am trying to ignore Multiverse so far, but if they really add Johny Bravo, Samurai Jack, Powerpuff Girls or Animaniacs, I don't think I will be to resist any longer. :ohdear:

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.

Mordja posted:

TIL that Re-Volt, a forgotten arcade racer from 2001 still has an active community complete with tournaments and like a billion custom maps.

Rollcage also has a fan version that works on modern systems.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

mcbexx posted:

Add Scorpius from Farscape (and the rest of the bunch) and maybe, maybe we're talkin'.

Only if one of the skins is Harvey

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

The next Mortal Kombat game will be released under the MultiVersus banner, much like how Titanfall got consumed by Apex Legends.

MultiVersus Legacies: Mortal Kombat Infinity

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Lt. Lizard posted:

I am trying to ignore Multiverse so far, but if they really add Johny Bravo, Samurai Jack, Powerpuff Girls or Animaniacs, I don't think I will be to resist any longer. :ohdear:
give in, the game is good

Fruits of the sea
Dec 1, 2010

Squiggle posted:

Do they mean the bad Spiderman villain?

edit wait that's Marvel, nm

So extremely bad that no writers have even tried to give him a new treatment like they did the Rhino or Sandman. Probably for the best.

Squiggle
Sep 29, 2002

When I saw the part in the newest Spiderman movie where you could make out Scorpion's silhouette in the multiverse magic portal bullshit I literally went "ugh" out loud

Fruits of the sea
Dec 1, 2010

Legitimately fun Spider-Man villain for a smash bros style game: Unus the Untouchable. He’s surrounded by a force field and is very angry because it bounces everything off him and he just wants to eat a drat cake but can’t.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Disposable Scud posted:

Rollcage also has a fan version that works on modern systems.

I played its spiritual successor, GRIP, and enjoyed it up to a point. The AI got too punishing tho.

My fav racing game remains E1 Podracer which I beat again when they rereleased it a few years back. Still holds up. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

ErrEff posted:

The next Mortal Kombat game will be released under the MultiVersus banner, much like how Titanfall got consumed by Apex Legends.

MultiVersus Legacies: Mortal Kombat Infinity

Mortal Kombat Battle Royale actually sounds cool :thunk: