Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

freeedr posted:

Why do you guys keeps spelling it “greatful”

Because the way the forums work is, one person misspells something, then everyone else on the same page spells it exactly the same way

I call it Ackroyd's Law

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Phy posted:

I saw one like this years ago that was like "oh hey this" touch of grey" song is pretty good I wonder what the rest of the greatful dead sounds like"

"(the sound of eight confused men getting paid, then...)" really stuck with me

barbecue at the folks
Jul 20, 2007

DACK FAYDEN posted:

"I mean, at least you can tap your foot to an incoming fax" gets me every time

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Weren't Grateful Dead the band where them breaking up and not going on tour completely broke the worldwide LSD market?

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

What do dead heads say when they run out of drugs?

"..hey, what's with this lovely music?"

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Box of Rain is ""okay""

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

freeedr posted:

Goons having strong opinions on something without doing even the bare minimum of due diligence is a time honored tradition

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

flavor.flv posted:

What do dead heads say when they run out of drugs?

"..hey, what's with this lovely music?"
I will always remember the moment I was sitting in a joint circle high as hell with my back to the TV that was playing music and having the following conversation:

"drat, this music is good, who is this?"

"Widespread, dude!"

"... Oh."

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

freeedr posted:

autocorrect?

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

[ASK] ME ABOUT MY LOVE FOR 1'S

BonHair posted:

Weren't Grateful Dead the band where them breaking up and not going on tour completely broke the worldwide LSD market?

literally yes but it was more that they started dying rather than the band breaking up

prolific acid was the only good thing about the dead

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
That still qualifies them in the top 50 bands ever though

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:
To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Toki Pona. The phonology is extremely minimal, and without a solid grasp of phonetics most of the simplifications will go over a typical learner’s head. There’s also Sonja’s minimalistic outlook, which is deftly woven into the language’s characterisation—her personal philosophy draws heavily from Tao Te Ching, for instance. The Tokiponists understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these decisions, to realize that they’re not just simple—they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike Toki Pona truly ARE idiots—of course they wouldn’t appreciate, for instance, the humour in the existential coinage “kijetesantakalu” which itself is a cryptic reference to Taishang Ganying Pian. I’m smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Sonja Lang’s genius unfolds itself on their computer screens. What fools... how I pity them. 😂 And yes by the way, I DO have a Sitelen Pona tattoo. And no, you cannot see it. It’s for the ladies’ eyes only—And even they have to demonstrate that they’re within 5 IQ points of my own (preferably lower).

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

Milo and POTUS posted:

That still qualifies them in the top 50 bands ever though

yeah, i'd go to a dead show if they were still around just for the good drugs and then immediately leave

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

freeedr posted:

For some reason I thought the band spelled it weird

This could have been solved by two seconds of typing things into Google, but *shrug*

DACK FAYDEN posted:

Oh of course it was fuckin achewood

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
https://mobile.twitter.com/notfcknsoryu/status/1556688304526938112

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Hey, Truckin’ and Casey Jones are good Dead songs

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
can someone please do a fully unironic "they have played us for absolute fools" meme for the grateful dead

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

Hey, Truckin’ and Casey Jones are good Dead songs

yes but out of how many other dead songs? that's like saying nickelback is good cause of their very first single i can't remember the name of but was actually decent

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.

90s Cringe Rock posted:

can someone please do a fully unironic "they have played us for absolute fools" meme for the grateful dead

"OMG they're actually playing Dark Star that's so cool!" - Statement dreamed up by the utterly deranged

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

Such graceful, delicate creatures.
https://youtu.be/RhcEXk_pJ9c

This is what I’ll always think of when the Grateful Dead come up.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

TVs Ian posted:

holy poo poo LOL. but it could be enjoyable on nitrous.

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

LifeSunDeath posted:

holy poo poo LOL. but it could be enjoyable on nitrous.

you would die from the amount of nitrous it would take to be high for just one solo

Stex T
Mar 7, 2005

Shut the fuck up and get out. Have fun being a slave of the rich and powerful.
Grateful Dead is Tool for boomers.

Tenkaris
Feb 10, 2006

I would really prefer if you would be quiet.

Large Testicles posted:

yes but out of how many other dead songs? that's like saying nickelback is good cause of their very first single i can't remember the name of but was actually decent

NEVER MADE IT AS A WISE MAN

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

Tenkaris posted:

NEVER MADE IT AS A WISE MAN

that's not it

this is it, it's got kinda a grungy vibe compared to their other poo poo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PR_oGP4az3k

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Beeswax
Dec 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
In my teens I shared a car for a 6+ hour drive to a LAN thing with a dead head clan mate in control of the stereo and the trauma still hasn't healed

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Beeswax posted:

In my teens I shared a car for a 6+ hour drive to a LAN thing with a dead head clan mate in control of the stereo and the trauma still hasn't healed

drat, sorry you had to listen to two Dead songs.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc
Don't pretend to love the Grateful dead if you can't name at least 113 of their albums

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

TVs Ian posted:

I knew what this was going to be before I clicked it lmao.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
The Dead also had some absolutely batshit ideas about sound reinforcement that would be right at home in the Ridicule Audiophiles thread.

To their credit, public address and stage monitoring systems were a fledgling technology back then. But I still look at this and wonder if it sounded even remotely good; if the artists really did have no trouble hearing one another on stage, or if it's just a gimmick.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Mister Speaker posted:

The Dead also had some absolutely batshit ideas about sound reinforcement that would be right at home in the Ridicule Audiophiles thread.

To their credit, public address and stage monitoring systems were a fledgling technology back then. But I still look at this and wonder if it sounded even remotely good; if the artists really did have no trouble hearing one another on stage, or if it's just a gimmick.

Uughghhhh that sea of hair in the foreground

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Rest in peace...

Scholtz has a new favorite as of 21:18 on Aug 8, 2022

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

It’s back! Monday is saved! :neckbeard:

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Mister Speaker posted:

Goddamn that looks badass, those guys would fit right in at the reggae sound clash

Also rip Olivia Newton John

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Scholtz posted:

Rest in peace...

Milkfig Shitter died? drat

RIP

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Honestly thought this was for Ted Kaczynski.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Where are all of the macroplastics and spiders?