Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mhqHcrXXyao

I had never realized that Muneeba's actress trained in NYC so she actually has a noticeable New York accent out of character.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
The actor for Yusuf Khan didn't even have to get into character, this is just how he is all the time lol

I love him :allears:

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

BrianWilly posted:

Tell me you’ve never seen Jon Bernthal’s Punisher without telling me you’ve never seen Jon Bernthal’s Punisher

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Fju9o8BVJ8

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1lWWPuJ-LjY

Celebratory burritos!

It's unbelievable the stroke of luck they had with the entire cast.

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me.

Firebert posted:

The actor for Yusuf Khan didn't even have to get into character, this is just how he is all the time lol

I love him :allears:

I hope we get more of her family in The Marvels because they are a delight. (Oh and a season 2)

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

It's amazing how the MCU keeps elevating minor or unknown actors like Iman Vellani and Simu Liu while DC is unsure about whether or not to stop banking on Ezra Miller.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

chitoryu12 posted:

It's amazing how the MCU keeps elevating minor or unknown actors like Iman Vellani and Simu Liu while DC is unsure about whether or not to stop banking on Ezra Miller.

They aren't unsure. They confirmed that The Flash is going forward last week.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

They aren't unsure. They confirmed that The Flash is going forward last week.

They keep confirming but the movie isn't releasing until June 2023 and insider info is that they're privately pausing everything else with Miller to debate what's going on.

Kwanzaa Quickie
Nov 4, 2009
I think it’s funny how Marvel is all “Yeah, let’s get all the dudes that played Spider-Man in one movie, bring What-If to the screen, have Guardians of the Galaxy be one of our better movies, and for shits’n’giggles pull in the Netflix Marvel shows”. and DC’s like “Uhhh, let’s do another Batman”

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

A multiverse Batman movie with Keaton, Kilmer, Clooney, Bale, Affleck and Pattinson (RIP West) would be pretty cool, though

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

It’s because Batman can make them a lot of money when the other movies do OK.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

TheBigBudgetSequel posted:

I hope we get more of her family in The Marvels because they are a delight. (Oh and a season 2)

I feel like we have to get at least a scene with them based on the post credits scene in Ms. Marvel.

Kwanzaa Quickie posted:

I think it’s funny how Marvel is all “Yeah, let’s get all the dudes that played Spider-Man in one movie, bring What-If to the screen, have Guardians of the Galaxy be one of our better movies, and for shits’n’giggles pull in the Netflix Marvel shows”. and DC’s like “Uhhh, let’s do another Batman”

I also enjoyed the previous management at WB's idea to do movies in different universes whenever it fit the story...but not the Snyderverse.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Invalid Validation posted:

Has DC tried making their non-batman movies good though? I don't think they've tried that yet.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

mutata posted:

Has DC tried making their non-batman movies good though? I don't think they've tried that yet.

Man of Steel and Aquaman were okay.

Does "okay" count as good?

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.

Invalid Validation posted:

I'm a pretty nerdy nerd and I never even heard of the Guardians of the Galaxy before the movie came out and they(marvel) gave it a $200 million budget.

DC's problem is they decided since Nolan did a really good trilogy they would just let whatever director do whatever they want because WB is full of the absolute worst stereotypical hollywood execs you've ever heard of who don't want to do poo poo beyond the minimum

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Jaxyon posted:

DC's problem is they decided since Nolan did a really good trilogy they would just let whatever director do whatever they want because WB is full of the absolute worst stereotypical hollywood execs you've ever heard of who don't want to do poo poo beyond the minimum

Part of the problem is they meddled too much with BvS, Justice League, and Suicide Squad.

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

It feels like Marvel has been better run since the 60's and every attempt DC has made to catch up has made things worse.

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.

Spacebump posted:

Part of the problem is they meddled too much with BvS, Justice League, and Suicide Squad.

Oh don't get me wrong they want to send notes to those directors

They want to criticize they don't want to create. Me sending "studio notes" to poo poo things up? I'm being an active exec. Me helping to build something interesting with some sort of planning? LOL do your loving jobs creatives.

I mean this is all studio execs at all studios, but WB is just some of the worst ones.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Darth Brooks posted:

It feels like Marvel has been better run since the 60's and every attempt DC has made to catch up has made things worse.

I don't know if that is true for the 90s.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Darth Brooks posted:

Marvel was spectacularly mismanaged in the 90's. For all the problems DC's had at least they've never gone bankrupt,

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

kazil posted:

A multiverse Batman movie with Keaton, Kilmer, Clooney, Bale, Affleck and Pattinson (RIP West) would be pretty cool, though

Kilmer would be impossible too, his health problems are really sad for such a wonderful guy :/

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Keaton is supposed to come back for Flash as part of its multiverse thing and I think was in the shelved Batgirl movie. Supposedly one of the problems with the Flash movie is that they decided to have Ezra Miller play all the multiverse versions of Bary Allen, so drat near the whole movie would have to be tossed or reshot to get rid of them. But instead the new CEO is throwing out everything else.

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016

chitoryu12 posted:

Keaton is supposed to come back for Flash as part of its multiverse thing and I think was in the shelved Batgirl movie. Supposedly one of the problems with the Flash movie is that they decided to have Ezra Miller play all the multiverse versions of Bary Allen, so drat near the whole movie would have to be tossed or reshot to get rid of them. But instead the new CEO is throwing out everything else.

Flash was supposed to be a core character of their long term strategy. They went all in on Ezra.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

chitoryu12 posted:

Remember a few years ago, when Iman Vellani was cast and everyone was just like "Who? Some random brown girl with literally no acting credit. Why is Feige so excited about her?"

Let's look at the recent new main characters of shows I cared for. Hailee Steinfeld, Florence Pugh, Alaqua Cox, Iman Vellani, the rest of the MS Marvel cast who get namedropped in the making off.
And honestly, Tatiana Maslany is an incredible actress too. Unless, by some miracle, the She-Hulk script is even worse than the rotten mess that was the one from Orphan Black she will still manage to excel at it.

The casting crew of Marvel deserves like 20% percent of the profit.

I'm still sour that we did not get Milana Vayntrub as Squirrel Girl. gently caress those guys who were in charge of killing that.

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 21:48 on Aug 8, 2022

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021
Was this obvious? I always assumed current Groot was just OG movie Groot regrown, but according to James Gunn its actually that current Groot is the son of the previous one. I had no idea and also don't know how we're supposed to know this.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

This is not the first time that Gunn has said that.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

Arist posted:

This is not the first time that Gunn has said that.

Yeah I don't follow Gunn, never seen him say it before. How are we supposed to know outside of seeing a random tweet about it?

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

pik_d posted:

Yeah I don't follow Gunn, never seen him say it before. How are we supposed to know outside of seeing a random tweet about it?

They have totally different ways of expression and accents, duh.

I am fairly certain that Gunn is just wrong when it comes to the comics lore, but if that's the canon of the films, who am I to argue.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

pik_d posted:

What difference does it make if you aren't digging deep enough into this stuff to care?

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

The only reason it matters is because it doesn't devalue Groot's sacrifice at the end of the first Guardians movie.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

cant cook creole bream posted:

They have totally different ways of expression and accents, duh.

I am fairly certain that Gunn is just wrong when it comes to the comics lore, but if that's the canon of the films, who am I to argue.

I'll take your word on the accents, but I guess I thought the mannerisms were because he was a teen again for comedy purposes. It does make sense I guess!

Klungar posted:

What difference does it make if you aren't digging deep enough into this stuff to care?

This is kinda rude, I post about it on an internet forum. Cmon man.

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!
fyi there are some mildly spoilery set photos from Ironheart out now, including a look at the armor (or one of them, anyway), and confirmation that Anthony Ramos is playing The Hood

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

howe_sam posted:

The only reason it matters is because it doesn't devalue Groot's sacrifice at the end of the first Guardians movie.

Groot is Piccolo if both Piccolos were good.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

pik_d posted:

I'll take your word on the accents, but I guess I thought the mannerisms were because he was a teen again for comedy purposes. It does make sense I guess!

I was making a joke about our perceived simplicity and uniformity of the language of these totally distinct Flora Colossi.
In hindsight, that was a bit racist of me.

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

If it was the same Groot he would already know how to arm the bomb and wouldn't need Rocket to yell at him

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

Barry Convex posted:

fyi there are some mildly spoilery set photos from Ironheart out now, including a look at the armor (or one of them, anyway), and confirmation that Anthony Ramos is playing The Hood

Gah. This is one film/series where I will be ecstatic if they kill the off villain as conclusively and brutally as possible because goddamn, that is the lamest and most unlikable bad guy of all time. Sucks for Anthony Ramos that he's playing him, even Paste-Pot Pete is more respectable.

Go on, Riri, waste his rear end.

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!

Sentinel Red posted:

Gah. This is one film/series where I will be ecstatic if they kill the off villain as conclusively and brutally as possible because goddamn, that is the lamest and most unlikable bad guy of all time. Sucks for Anthony Ramos that he's playing him, even Paste-Pot Pete is more respectable.

Go on, Riri, waste his rear end.

I liked the original Brian K. Vaughan MAX miniseries, didn't love when Bendis wrote him as his pet villain for years. still, I can see how the character could work in the MCU, especially if they're playing up the "science vs. magic" angle in Ironheart; will reserve judgment for now

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

howe_sam posted:

Marvel was spectacularly mismanaged in the 90's. For all the problems DC's had at least they've never gone bankrupt,

I'll concede that.

Orc Priest
Jun 9, 2021
The Hood and Riri Williams set photos.

https://twitter.com/ironhnews/status/1556742735570288640?s=21&t=LbUj9ltRIGQccHngq3C7EA
https://twitter.com/ironhnews/status/1556742249047855104?s=21&t=2zpE4LUtddm8BBnN_ptJBA

There's also rumors about Agatha appearing in the show.

I'm actually looking forward to this show now. Looks like it's gonna have a lot of cool characters

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Are set photos not spoilers?