Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

Milo and POTUS posted:

The great ketchup battle of August 8th raged for another 30 pages

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uZmxZThb084

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Please, no more ketchupchat. I can't take it.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Mayonnaise on Pineapple Pizza it is, then.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

The Anime Liker posted:

Mayonnaise on Pineapple Pizza it is, then.

A little swirl of garlic aioli is very good on pizza, pineapple or otherwise.

GoodyTwoShoes
Oct 26, 2013
I once made a mustard and grape jelly sandwich.

I am not a professional chef, for some reason.

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009

Barometer
Sep 23, 2007

You travelled a long way for
"I don't know", sonny.
:whip: :cthulhu: :shivdurf:

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️

The second worst part about this series, the first being Shelby Foote of course, is that it wasn’t narrated by Peter Coyote.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

My Dearest Martha,

I miss you so very much. Life here on the front lines of this dreadful conflict that has torn our nation asunder is harsh and unforgiving. I shall never understand why we mustard lovers in the north should battle our ketchup loving kin to the south.

I hear the Rebs squabble amongst themselves even, with the vinegar based barbecue boys feuding with the tomato based barbecue clan. It has become clear this nation must come together under the banner of sauce acceptance and tolerance, even for the mayo-naise the Canadians love so much.

I shall see you soon, Martha. For I believe this conflict may soon end, and we can return home to our sauces. As always, your loving husband.

--John Cornsmut

P.S. I believe the entire nation has already agreed that anyone that refers to it as "catsup" shall be tarred and feathered, and run out of town on a rail.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Ornamental Dingbat posted:

Correct ketchup opinion

It's not that I hate Mustard in general. I hate yellow mustard, which is a mistake upon condiments. Get me some brown mustard, some honey mustard, those are great! It's that lowest common denominator yellow crap I can't stand.

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

[ASK] ME ABOUT MY LOVE FOR 1'S

Kwyndig posted:

It's not that I hate Mustard in general. I hate yellow mustard, which is a mistake upon condiments. Get me some brown mustard, some honey mustard, those are great! It's that lowest common denominator yellow crap I can't stand.

yellow mustard has it's place but yeah, it's low on the tier

Barometer
Sep 23, 2007

You travelled a long way for
"I don't know", sonny.
:whip: :cthulhu: :shivdurf:

"...and then I told them about how I hate ketchup (unless it's on a well done steak) and love mustard but not the yellow mustard, it's the grey poupon I like, you know...like the ad, where the very rich and beautiful person has the mustard in their very expensive car? You know the ad I mean? Probably the best ad. ANYWAY let me tell you all about my opinions on food and which ones are for children..."

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
The reason yellow mustard sucks rear end is that it's like only 1% mustard by volume.

If you dehydrate a whole bottle of it you're left with like 5 grams of salt and like 100mg of actual mustard.

You're just paying for yellow vinegar and water.

Sanford
Jun 30, 2007

...and rarely post!

If it doesn’t make you go and walk round the garden until the sinus pain clears, why are you even bothering to eat it?

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys
I tried. I tried to stop the 12 page food derail. I posted the horoscope promising new friends emerging from your challenging anus. But it wasn't enough. Nothing will ever be enough. What is it you food derailers want? Why cant ylu just die

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Sanford posted:

If it doesn’t make you go and walk round the garden until the sinus pain clears, why are you even bothering to eat it?

drat you're reminding me I haven't had horseradish mustard in too long. so drat good.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

LifeSunDeath posted:

drat you're reminding me I haven't had horseradish mustard in too long. so drat good.

I've never had horseradish mustard, but I think we've derailed the funny pictures thread long enough... but someone else will have to post a funny picture, I'm fresh out.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Absolute God tier condiment:

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

GoodyTwoShoes posted:

I once made a mustard and grape jelly sandwich.

I am not a professional chef, for some reason.

Looked it up and apparently mixing mustard and grape jam is a thing.

Honestly sounds alright.

https://juliassimplysouthern.com/2016/11/southern-grape-jelly-meatballs.html
Unrelated.

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

dr_rat posted:

Looked it up and apparently mixing mustard and grape jam is a thing.

Honestly sounds alright.

they're actually pretty tasty

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib
Okay, I know there is considerable crossover between this and the horrible food thread, but the condiment derail has run it's course here. Feel free to continue it over there, though.

Atticus_1354
Dec 10, 2006

barkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbark

The Anime Liker posted:

Absolute God tier condiment:

If you combine these is it UK mustard?

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

no it's Trouble Mustard

Killer robot
Sep 6, 2010

I was having the most wonderful dream. I think you were in it!
Pillbug

I'm not really a big mustard fan, but I challenge anyone to design a logo that encapsulates "strong english mustard" more succinctly than that.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
How does that compare to Coleman’s? I keep it around and would consider it a strong English mustard.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

How does that compare to Coleman’s? I keep it around and would consider it a strong English mustard.

No idea about the strong English, but the Lakeshore Irish Mustard I posted is waaaaaaay stronger than Coleman's. Like weapons grade mustard.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

DontMockMySmock
Aug 9, 2008

I got this title for the dumbest fucking possible take on sea shanties. Specifically, I derailed the meme thread because sailors in the 18th century weren't woke enough for me, and you shouldn't sing sea shanties. In fact, don't have any fun ever.

Barometer posted:

"...and then I told them about how I hate ketchup (unless it's on a well done steak) and love mustard but not the yellow mustard, it's the grey poupon I like, you know...like the ad, where the very rich and beautiful person has the mustard in their very expensive car? You know the ad I mean? Probably the best ad. ANYWAY let me tell you all about my opinions on food and which ones are for children..."

https://www.cc.com/video/0ect4f/the-daily-show-with-jon-stewart-me-lover-s-pizza-with-crazy-broad

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
Lol I was thinking about Lewis Carroll. What a dummy!

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Tree Bucket posted:

I tried. I tried to stop the 12 page food derail. I posted the horoscope promising new friends emerging from your challenging anus. But it wasn't enough. Nothing will ever be enough. What is it you food derailers want? Why cant ylu just die

Trump is getting raided by the feds and cspam has 2 pages of exotic fruit derail and like 3 posts on the raid. Goons are food obsessed.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Soul Dentist posted:

Lol I was thinking about Lewis Carroll. What a dummy!

They were both weirdly obsessed with kids. I wouldn't be surprised if C.S. Lewis had some skeletons in his closet.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

rodbeard posted:

I wouldn't be surprised if C.S. Lewis had some skeletons in his closet.

But that's where Narnia is :(

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe

dr_rat posted:

But that's where Narnia is :(

Wasn't that the wardrobe?

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Bored As gently caress posted:

Wasn't that the wardrobe?

I refuse to recognize a difference. :colbert:

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

rodbeard posted:

They were both weirdly obsessed with kids. I wouldn't be surprised if C.S. Lewis had some skeletons in his closet.

Kid skeletons.

Prof. Spaceman
May 1, 2007

NOPE

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Kid skeletons.

Ckid Skeletons Lewis

Oh my god

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I wanna go to Goth Narnia

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

muscles like this! posted:

I wanna go to Goth Narnia

that's Mordor, isn't it? Lewis and Tolkien were nerd buddies in Oxford.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Not my MACAROM!