Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

wtf is a passion fruit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

indigi posted:

I think they mean a blend of fruits rather than 100% passion fruit

e: leaving this late reply up as testament to posterity

I want a blend of 100% passion fruits including skins, stems, leaves, trunk etc (I don't know what kind of plant they come from but im assuming its a tree)

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
i don't like passionfruit. there, i said it. bad fruit.

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

AnimeIsTrash posted:

wtf is a passion fruit

lilikoi. passion fruit is also the “P” in POG juice.

Jabberlock
Nov 29, 2014

AnimeIsTrash posted:

wtf is a passion fruit

a fruit with a lust for life

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

Proust Malone posted:

lilikoi. passion fruit is also the “P” in POG juice.

They make a PAWG juice now? Sign me up

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

i have just been informed that passion fruits grow on vines

this is less troubling than dragonfruit however, which grow on a tree with cactus hair:

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin
my passion fruit is grapes actually

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

AnimeIsTrash posted:

wtf is a passion fruit

its what they call angerfruit in latin america

Unless
Jul 24, 2005

I art

https://twitter.com/DubyaEraLeft/status/1556414889396092928

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin

lol 2007 was such a cute time

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

blatman posted:

I want a blend of 100% passion fruits including skins, stems, leaves, trunk etc (I don't know what kind of plant they come from but im assuming its a tree)

As my grandma used to say; give it to me straight, like a passionfruit juice made from 100% real passionfruits.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

https://twitter.com/TomJewett/status/1556533645925572609?t=LsrIZ5gfK5M1xLumTtFS1w&s=19

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

the structure, purpose, and DYING FOR BUSH’S OIL PROFITS

Unless
Jul 24, 2005

I art

classic.

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin
because of so many suicides they started mandating a ton of "resilience" training in the army years ago that basically told everyone to suck it up, things get better, oh btw dont kill yourself please

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
why kill yourself when you could become a drug dealer kingpin all from the comfort of your own military base.

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

just send school shooters to the military instead of school, tom suggests, having considered the issue for three and a half seconds and not seeing any obvious problems with his solution

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005
does the military have schools?

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin
yeah but when soldiers shoot up their base they shoot up pt formations or the in processing centers

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

[ASK] ME ABOUT MY LOVE FOR 1'S

How the gently caress have I only heard about Baja Blast and the KFC one before this?!? I want a DEWgarita but I can't afford red lobster damnit

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

AnimeIsTrash posted:

wtf is a passion fruit

they suck. some people say "oh you cant eat the shipped passion fruit its not the same all the flavors are gone". they are lying. they probably don't even like passion fruit. it was named that as a joke, like greenland. dragon fruit is also a fruit with poor flavor but it looks really cool and nobody tries to pretend it tastes really good.

there are only a few"exotic" to western fruits that live up to the hype and it's durians and the secret banana cultivars that don't get shipped abroad.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

passion flowers own but yeah durian is the craziest poo poo ever and probably varies a ton. the only one I've had had the consistency and taste of strawberry yogurt

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp
oh, yeah. there are also a lot of durian varieties. i think only one or two get shipped around though.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Cuttlefush posted:

oh, yeah. there are also a lot of durian varieties. i think only one or two get shipped around though.

You can get a bunch through Year of the Durian, if that's something you're interested in. Not an endorsement, I just happen to know that this is how people get the more obscure durians outside of Asia.

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

Paladinus posted:

You can get a bunch through Year of the Durian, if that's something you're interested in. Not an endorsement, I just happen to know that this is how people get the more obscure durians outside of Asia.

Oh gently caress yeah. Definitely something I'd be interested in. I actually gave up looking for this sort of thing a decade or more ago after a mild obsession in hunting for them. I really appreciate this!

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Cuttlefush posted:

they suck. some people say "oh you cant eat the shipped passion fruit its not the same all the flavors are gone". they are lying. they probably don't even like passion fruit. it was named that as a joke, like greenland. dragon fruit is also a fruit with poor flavor but it looks really cool and nobody tries to pretend it tastes really good.

there are only a few"exotic" to western fruits that live up to the hype and it's durians and the secret banana cultivars that don't get shipped abroad.

The only uncommon in the US fruit I’ve ever both tried and enjoyed was Rambutan

Durian, dragonfruit, passion fruit, hala fruit, did not enjoy

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

HashtagGirlboss posted:

The only uncommon in the US fruit I’ve ever both tried and enjoyed was Rambutan

Durian, dragonfruit, passion fruit, hala fruit, did not enjoy

:haibrower: rambutan and lychee are both real good fruits

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Alamani57
Dec 15, 2010

This one isn't his best work but this guy does plenty of other maps. Like this one:

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Alamani57 posted:

This one isn't his best work but this guy does plenty of other maps. Like this one:

Show this one to a Berber and get their opinion also I’m not 100% sure whether Israel is blue or brown

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020

Alamani57 posted:

lol

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

HashtagGirlboss posted:

Show this one to a Berber and get their opinion also I’m not 100% sure whether Israel is blue or brown

Brown?

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020
*opening map of liquidated native populations* oh you know it smell crazy in there

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:

HashtagGirlboss posted:

was gonna say it was kinda weird the map was done by the one Indian guy who wasn't into Israeli sweeties but then indeed noticed the very very minute bit of blue above Egypt

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Yeah idk I zoomed way in on my phone and it looks like a muddy grayish brown and not blue but could just be my phone

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Cuttlefush posted:

:haibrower: rambutan and lychee are both real good fruits

i found rambutans in a fuckin walmart once. have no idea how that happened. i've started seeing yellow dragonfruit in basic grocery stores now and it is a lot better than the red ones which taste like watery nothing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things
Lychee tastes like a mouth full of perfume.