Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Pollyanna posted:

have this in the meantime (once its done processing):

https://youtu.be/2FbIvzUCJQ0

Youtube real mad about that one, it never finished processing and now it says it was removed because it's too long.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!
loving Hell, my Opsix order was cancelled.

According to the retailer it doesn’t seem like Korg’s killing the product either, just filling back orders for the foreseeable

loving sucks

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
Customer service dude was like “we’ll be happy to help you buy one if we get them back in stock” and I’m all like “no thanks, not for $750 you won’t”

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
I’m surprised about how pissed I am about this dumb synth that I wasn’t even planning to buy at the start of this week

probably because it’s like 95 degrees here and feels like a hot wet towel

kidfresca
Dec 31, 2007

You're kidding, right?

John Lennon, Singer of The Beatles. He wrote the song "Imagine" and was shot and killed some time in the eighties.

Fuck has the WHOLE WORLD GONE CRAZY!

That's weird. Sweetwater lists the OpSix as no longer available and not just out of stock, which is what was fueling the discontinued speculation.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

I ordered from the Korg reverb store 8/1 @ 7:04pm, heard nothing until this morning when I received tracking stating it should be at my door tomorrow? Lol

NuclearPotato
Oct 27, 2011

Yeah, I only just got my tracking number this morning; mine's coming in on the 10th though.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
I want a Kaoss pad so bad but my hacked DS with Korg DS10 already emulates it pretty ok.

CatBlack
Sep 10, 2011

hello world
I got my tracking yesterday and it arrived today. I seem to live very close to one of their warehouses.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Rolo posted:

I want a Kaoss pad so bad but my hacked DS with Korg DS10 already emulates it pretty ok.

What hack would this be?

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

Rolo posted:

DS10 works on a 3ds too.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

xzzy posted:

What hack would this be?

Oh just homebrew stuff, nothing synth specific.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Rolo posted:

Oh just homebrew stuff, nothing synth specific.

Dang got my hopes up. I know there's tricks out there to sync a system with the DS10 making a click track but I keep hoping some clever genius out there will reveal a midi hack.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

xzzy posted:

Dang got my hopes up. I know there's tricks out there to sync a system with the DS10 making a click track but I keep hoping some clever genius out there will reveal a midi hack.

Oh that’s still super interesting, I’m gonna try to find that click sync thing.

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

Rolo posted:

Oh that’s still super interesting, I’m gonna try to find that click sync thing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JWky3HKpRls 6 minutes in, and Florian gives a quick tutorial on just that.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
Neat thanks!

Shartweek
Feb 15, 2003

D O E S N O T E X I S T
Looks like Look Mum No Computer has had some Eurorack versions of his modules made, and he used some of them during his colab with Hainbach and Cuckoo. Speaking of did anyone watch that, how was it?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r2c3mmB-89I

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

xzzy posted:

there's a midi in board that seems to still be in stock

https://division-6.com/products/midify/

to sync external gear to the ds10 probably the easiest thing would be to set up a click track panned to one side, all the other stuff panned to the other side, send your audio to your mixer and send your click track to what ever. naked square wave/pulse wave of what ever frequency probably being your click track

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

xzzy posted:

Youtube real mad about that one, it never finished processing and now it says it was removed because it's too long.

gdi

Part 1: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5yNz3JiPFy4
Part 2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L2iZvVBmnhI

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Sounds like a bunch of furious clowns staging a protest.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

That describes modular synthesis pretty well, yeah :v:

duck.exe
Apr 14, 2012

Nap Ghost
I’ve been trying to buy a Digitone, but the seller I ordered from on Reverb refunded saying they couldn’t fill the order. Then I tried ordering from another seller, and they said the same thing! Is there something going on with the supply of Digitones or am I just unlucky?

Shartweek
Feb 15, 2003

D O E S N O T E X I S T

duck.exe posted:

I’ve been trying to buy a Digitone, but the seller I ordered from on Reverb refunded saying they couldn’t fill the order. Then I tried ordering from another seller, and they said the same thing! Is there something going on with the supply of Digitones or am I just unlucky?

Sounds like bad luck. I'll sell you mine, was listed as mint when I bought on Reverb, used exactly once. It's a perfectly fine piece of gear but GAS got the better of me with that one. I was going to list it in the gear trade thread later today in fact.

duck.exe
Apr 14, 2012

Nap Ghost

Coolnezzz posted:

Sounds like bad luck. I'll sell you mine, was listed as mint when I bought on Reverb, used exactly once. It's a perfectly fine piece of gear but GAS got the better of me with that one. I was going to list it in the gear trade thread later today in fact.

Oh awesome, thanks!

Shartweek
Feb 15, 2003

D O E S N O T E X I S T

duck.exe posted:

Oh awesome, thanks!

Definitely, and thank you! Make something cool with it and share it with us when you do please!

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

Welp just unboxed my opsix, hosed screen out of the box.. max brightness.

Shartweek
Feb 15, 2003

D O E S N O T E X I S T

Google Butt posted:

Welp just unboxed my opsix, hosed screen out of the box.. max brightness.

Uggh that sucks.

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

Yeah that seems defective, mine can't get that dim even on the lowest setting

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

I didn't see any mention of display bugs in any of the release notes either. You should see if the seller will let you swap it for another new one

Mr. Sharps
Jul 30, 2006

The only true law is that which leads to freedom. There is no other.

does it still look that dim if you peel up a lil corner of the protective plastic? i had a field recorder with a dim screen once and then i found that it had a protective film on it that had some weird interactions with the lcd (and my computer monitor when i held it up to it)

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

That would be a polarizer, not sure why a protective sticker would be doing that but maybe it was cheaper for some reason.

j.peeba
Oct 25, 2010

Almost Human
Nap Ghost
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LVZa_IJADc

Alright, last weekend I played my first proper solo synth gig at an obscure Finnish festival no one's probably heard of. I had an incredible time over the whole weekend and the gig itself went great. Judging by the overwhelmingly positive feedback I can now consider Nyklat 100% dancefloor proven and ready for takeoff! Playing to a live crowd over a PA makes such a huge difference on how energetic your playing is so I managed to end the set like 5-10 minutes short to what I had planned despite running a stopwatch to keep pace. I just couldn't resist! :) The crowd wanted more so I played some sequences I already had gone through. It was alright since even though I lean heavily on stuff being sequenced by Nerdseq, with this setup playing the music is still probably like 40% improvisation and chaos so I could keep the repeated parts at least a little fresh. For the future I'll definitely do a few more sequences/songs to get to a solid 1 hour set!

So much fun!

CatBlack
Sep 10, 2011

hello world
Looks like a blast :)

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

j.peeba posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LVZa_IJADc

Alright, last weekend I played my first proper solo synth gig at an obscure Finnish festival no one's probably heard of. I had an incredible time over the whole weekend and the gig itself went great. Judging by the overwhelmingly positive feedback I can now consider Nyklat 100% dancefloor proven and ready for takeoff! Playing to a live crowd over a PA makes such a huge difference on how energetic your playing is so I managed to end the set like 5-10 minutes short to what I had planned despite running a stopwatch to keep pace. I just couldn't resist! :) The crowd wanted more so I played some sequences I already had gone through. It was alright since even though I lean heavily on stuff being sequenced by Nerdseq, with this setup playing the music is still probably like 40% improvisation and chaos so I could keep the repeated parts at least a little fresh. For the future I'll definitely do a few more sequences/songs to get to a solid 1 hour set!

So much fun!

That rocks! Also there's something about that stage that makes it feel like you are at a house warming party and I love it.

Radiapathy
Dec 3, 2011

Snooping as usual, I see.
I just learned of a site where you can enter the name of a subreddit, and it tells you the other subreddits where members of that sub post most often. I was pleased to find that r/synthesizers was the 5th most popular sub with r/Portland members.

I live in a city of synth geeks!

(also happy to find that r/mls is about soccer and not the multiple listing service. just housing anxiety things.)

McCoy Pauley
Mar 2, 2006
Gonna eat so many goddamn crumpets.

Radiapathy posted:

I just learned of a site where you can enter the name of a subreddit, and it tells you the other subreddits where members of that sub post most often. I was pleased to find that r/synthesizers was the 5th most popular sub with r/Portland members.

I live in a city of synth geeks!

(also happy to find that r/mls is about soccer and not the multiple listing service. just housing anxiety things.)

That's really neat.

Not sure what to make of two of the top five overlap subs for r/Cubase being r/skyrimmods and r/thesopranos

RocketMermaid
Mar 30, 2004

My pronouns are She/Heir.

Sad day today, WMD is semi-permanently shutting down: https://wmdevices.com/blogs/news/important-news

WMD posted:

Hey fam,

We at WMD are so thankful for the support you have given us over the past 17 years. We’ve been making gear that has pushed the boundaries of electronic music, that’s made its way into the rigs of incredible people we respect, that has allowed them to make music that we cherish, that inspires us to make more gear. A beautiful circle of inspiration and gratitude. So we thank you for helping us manifest our vision.

Times are tough for everyone. The state of the world has destroyed our sales numbers while operating costs continue to rise. We have many new designs in the pipe that unfortunately cannot be made due to the global parts shortage. Our company is reliant on the development of new innovative products in the hardware realm and we have watched our lead times for parts get pushed back from months to years, and there is no telling if some will actually come. This makes planning for the future impossible, and new product development unfulfilling.

With the risk of going further in debt with no “end” in sight, we have concluded that the only option is to wind down our production facility, with the plan to close by the end of 2022. We wish that we could keep things going, that we could see another path, but the stress alone has been harmful to our mental health, and our lack of incoming cash is only making it worse.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

RocketMermaid posted:

Sad day today, WMD is semi-permanently shutting down: https://wmdevices.com/blogs/news/important-news

Oh jeez, this is depressing. This and Mutable and Synthesizers dot com… makes me worried about who’s next.

Startyde
Apr 19, 2007

come post with us, forever and ever and ever
The WMD/SSF collabs have been monsters too :C

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Leave me alone, dad, I'm with my friends!

Waaiiiit now Mutable can't close until I get Plaits for my non-existent modular setup OMG