Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

mobby_6kl posted:

They don't really go into details of how it's implemented so it's hard to say. But in my scenario it was more like if you say "Here's my iphone photo of my neighbor committing a murder" and the phone's signature is missing... well then you assume the photo is fake or altered.

This might not be 100% forgery proof either if you like hack the camera's processor or something but would put it way beyond a normal idiot's abilities.

The bigger issue is legislating entire industries out of existence. Otherwise you'd tell every single security camera and CCTV company they have to jump into cryptography for their footage to be admissible in court, along with every auto manufacturer and dash cam and cellphone and (thing that records).
The sheer cost for manufacturers means this straight up will not happen, since companies hate spending money.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

mobby_6kl posted:

Eh, I think the recording device cryptographically signing the original image/video would be an easier and more reliable method than trying to build an AI that defeats anti-detection AI and so on. E.g. https://petapixel.com/2022/08/08/sonys-forgery-proof-tech-adds-crypto-signature-to-photos-in-camera/

Totally unworkable as a serious anti-forgery method. Anyone with hardware access can control the outputs and inputs for the sensor (with the crudest method being the old heist movie staple: putting a photo in front of the security camera).

Everyone who has a camera has hardware access to it.

Redonionking
Mar 13, 2001

I AM A BRILLIANT HAMOLOGIST
Grimey Drawer

TIP posted:

a machine that mass produces modern art, product photo

(Self Portrait)

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

mobby_6kl posted:

Eh, I think the recording device cryptographically signing the original image/video would be an easier and more reliable method than trying to build an AI that defeats anti-detection AI and so on. E.g. https://petapixel.com/2022/08/08/sonys-forgery-proof-tech-adds-crypto-signature-to-photos-in-camera/

just take a picture of the fake picture with the crypto camera

strange feelings re Daisy
Aug 2, 2000

Hands are deformed, but I'm very amused the right saber looks like a butane flame

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

KakerMix posted:

And it will be as effective as legislating piracy, it is way, way too late. Society has to adapt that photographic evidence, or even video, doesn't matter anymore. Was a good run but rip, it's over.
This stuff is going to be running on people's GPUs soon, this was always the outcome when this started becoming a thing.

Having another AI trying to determine if pictures were AI generated just means that this tech will get ever better. There is no technology that's going to stop this since you're fighting with the identical weapons, what helps one helps the other and there is zero way to decouple that. It IS going to be wild, already is :toot:

I think a technical solution should be possible for important devices like security cameras. A TPM chip in the camera and encryption of exported video with the camera's private key should be enough to protect evidence from being hosed with by almost anyone but a state actor.

But yeah, most of video evidence is(and will continue) to come from unsecure cameras though, so it's no longer reliable. Gonna be hard to convince senile boomer judges and juries that they can't trust their eyes anymore.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

GABA ghoul posted:

I think a technical solution should be possible for important devices like security cameras. A TPM chip in the camera and encryption of exported video with the camera's private key should be enough to protect evidence from being hosed with by almost anyone but a state actor.

But yeah, most of video evidence is(and will continue) to come from unsecure cameras though, so it's no longer reliable. Gonna be hard to convince senile boomer judges and juries that they can't trust their eyes anymore.

AI will be a great tool for managers to gaslight their employees/HR with fake camera footage

Last Visible Dog
Jul 30, 2015

Makin' me some Castlevanias in Stable Diffusion!

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

KakerMix posted:

The bigger issue is legislating entire industries out of existence. Otherwise you'd tell every single security camera and CCTV company they have to jump into cryptography for their footage to be admissible in court, along with every auto manufacturer and dash cam and cellphone and (thing that records).
The sheer cost for manufacturers means this straight up will not happen, since companies hate spending money.

Isn't this partly what TPM 2.0 push for windows 11 is? That's like a $5 chip. The push just has to come from Google as an Android requirement and Apple seems very into securing personal data so this seems like something they would be willing to do. The Camera companies will probably fight it but any company worth actually installing like Axis is going to have cameras that can do this the moment it's ready. It probably wont be a quick software update but maybe it can be.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

pixaal posted:

Isn't this partly what TPM 2.0 push for windows 11 is? That's like a $5 chip. The push just has to come from Google as an Android requirement and Apple seems very into securing personal data so this seems like something they would be willing to do. The Camera companies will probably fight it but any company worth actually installing like Axis is going to have cameras that can do this the moment it's ready. It probably wont be a quick software update but maybe it can be.

Ok but then you get to the other issue (already mentioned) which is take a picture with a chipped camera of an AI generated picture, bam, signed picture of something that doesn't exist.

A Strange Aeon
Mar 26, 2010

You are now a slimy little toad
The Great Twist
Really, everyone should just start wearing outlandish masks everywhere they go in public and adopting fake Internet names. Then any kind of deep fake surveillance couldn't be used anyway, since anybody could have been wearing that mask.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

KakerMix posted:

Ok but then you get to the other issue (already mentioned) which is take a picture with a chipped camera of an AI generated picture, bam, signed picture of something that doesn't exist.

Right each camera would have a private and a public key, you'd provide the camera with the private key as part of proving the footage is real. I guess you could rip the private key from your own camera and use it to forget documents that your camera will have signed, but you know have to forge something that is located where that camera could have seen.

dot communist
Mar 28, 2005

It seems to me that any digital credentials will eventually be easily spoofed or stripped by anyone who cares to do it. Not that that automatically means doom and gloom, I don't think your average citizen is going to be running a propaganda mill. But I can't imagine this tech won't be playing some kind of role in disinformation at some point, considering the post-truth fake-news world we're in now.

Last Visible Dog posted:

Makin' me some Castlevanias in Stable Diffusion!

Then again these are undeniably badass so yeah, hard to say whether it's worth it I guess

dot communist fucked around with this message at 00:37 on Aug 9, 2022

Last Visible Dog
Jul 30, 2015

An experiment in "If we make The Last Supper long enough, will we eventually end up with multiple Jesuses?"

Result: Oops, all Jesus!

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

!dream "an alien with a face that looks like a fuzzy peach the peach is fuzzy pink warm and ripe the alien has horns and a mean smile the alien has chicken feet cruel smile, 4k, highly detailed, high quality, amazing, high particle effects, glowing, majestic, soft lighting" -C 5.5 -i -S 3118109183 -s 111

the prompt evolved over time I was originally going for something very different but fell in love with this concept which is why the prompt seems weird.

At one point he had a weird artifact that turned into stick like feet so I described them as chicken feet but that got rid of his mouth so I added a second mouth description, and the feet turn into the wings / cape oh and he got that wicked smile.

pixaal fucked around with this message at 01:23 on Aug 9, 2022

King Carnivore
Dec 17, 2007

Graveyard Disciple

mobby_6kl posted:

They don't really go into details of how it's implemented so it's hard to say. But in my scenario it was more like if you say "Here's my iphone photo of my neighbor committing a murder" and the phone's signature is missing... well then you assume the photo is fake or altered.
One option could be to have something like the secret signatures hidden in the output of some printers since the ‘80s. The existence of these signatures was not known publicly until 2004.

Some kind of pattern could be hidden in the image, identifying the AI it was made by.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Guy Fieri and Shrek getting married holding hands on a beach in hawaii

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

LifeSunDeath posted:

Guy Fieri and Shrek getting married holding hands on a beach in hawaii

I like how it seemingly read it as "an individual who is both Shrek and Guy Fieri" but then went "oh poo poo I need 2 of them"

Some more Midjourney

Another Strandbeest. In the jungle this time

Cats performing a musical in the style of Henri de Toulouse-Lautrec

Giant monsters caught on polaroid

Inspector Gadget- Sin City style

a Tardigrade in the style of a sports team logo

A flower with butterfly wings for petals.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Crapple! posted:

I like how it seemingly read it as "an individual who is both Shrek and Guy Fieri" but then went "oh poo poo I need 2 of them"

It really doesn't seem to like multiple things being described right now it's a pretty major weakness but you might be able to get something decent if you start playing with -C 20-30 range assuming that was made using SD

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
Man I love loving with seeds. These are the exact prompt, jumping 10 years between each image, 1955 to 1995

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
"Norman Rockwell painting of children playing on Stonehenge"

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
had to get creative to get around the content filter, but it got there eventually:

"Saul Goodman in a T pose in front of a wooden cross, painted by da Vinci"

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

KakerMix posted:

Man I love loving with seeds. These are the exact prompt, jumping 10 years between each image, 1955 to 1995

That's so awesome. I love the 80s car. The front looks like a VHS tape

These are awesome too. I'm guessing from how good the people look this isn't Midjourney which I wish did things like that a little better. Oh well. I still like its creative flair.

I did these earlier in MJ and they're some of my favourites yet

A tarot card called "the banker".

A graveyard in the style of a pirate treasure map

Travellers on a post apocalyptic highway in the Jetson's universe as vector art

I like what seem to be interesting artistic choices in these like the coins flying out of the guys head in the top image, or the heads of the 4 travellers blending in with the burnt up jetsons-style houses in the background, although these are probably just coincidences or something it saw somewhere. Still cool though

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
oh man, it had fun with this one

"the cover of a novel set in 1732. the novel concerns a priest who loves cats, and diabolical conspiracies in the Catholic Church. the style is modern oil painting."

and a couple variations:

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

Captain Beefy Cheesy Boy of the USS Enterprise

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

Never thought I would be the first victim of Dall-E identity forgery

Crapple! fucked around with this message at 10:39 on Aug 9, 2022

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

Crapple! posted:

Another Strandbeest. In the jungle this time

This is a burnt out siltstrider, N’wah!

Chocobo
Oct 15, 2012

Here comes a new challenger!
Oven Wrangler

I had 25 free images to generate and ten minutes to do so, and this is the result. I wouldn't want to be a watercolour painter right now.

Aug 2, 2000

These are not mine. There is an extremely dedicated tester I'm watching create movie images of a Victorian-era family exploring space. This is just a small sampling, they are churning out hundreds of these, refining them the whole time. They have them meeting aliens, building inventions, going on adventures, playing at the park, etc. It's like watching someone's dreams unfold, it's wild.

EDIT:
Now they're playing chess in the park with a robot nearby. I can't stop watching. It's like a whole alternate universe spawning.

strange feelings re Daisy fucked around with this message at 11:58 on Aug 9, 2022

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Going to be wild when they get audio paired up and can make small shorts using a static character pool like some kind of variety show all with synthetic voice and music.

Aug 2, 2000

My slightly less ambitious attempts at Jodorowsky's "Dune" including several Barons. The movie was never made, so who's to say? :D

Kylaer
Aug 4, 2007
I'm SURE walking around in a respirator at all times in an (even more) OPEN BIDENing society is definitely not a recipe for disaster and anyone that's not cool with getting harassed by CHUDs are cave dwellers. I've got good brain!

strange feelings re Daisy posted:

My slightly less ambitious attempts at Jodorowsky's "Dune" including several Barons. The movie was never made, so who's to say? :D

These are absolutely stills from a 1970s movie, wow.

Also I got my invite :toot:

It's not perfect but it definitely gets the concept.

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope
https://twitter.com/Jishwa71270349/status/1557015035456675840

King of Battle
Feb 28, 2012

I don't know, I'm not the how guy.

Glenn Danzig eating spaghetti on a submarine

A dragon made of chicken wings

nerd wizard riding a scooter and holding a staff made of cats

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
A picture of a butterfly with stained glass wings, mounted

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
"inside a dystopian and post apocalyptic Walmart where swarms of rats cover the floor and smiling families trade ammunition for food, in the style of H.R. Giger" -n 9 -g

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
"the cover of an emo album about the importance of flossing"

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

precision posted:

"the cover of an emo album about the importance of flossing"

"Floss of Loss" would have worked. good try dall-e

ExtraNoise
Apr 11, 2007

Took other people's prompts in Stable Diffusion and inserted a very special man into them.

As an Apex Legends character

As a Tibetan Monk

As a wizard

You just don't gently caress around in Los Santos' Flavortown district, else the Fieri Gang is going to roll up on your business

Edit, some illustrations:

Genshin Impact

Random:

ExtraNoise fucked around with this message at 19:38 on Aug 9, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
I didn't know it was possible to have a wizard beard and a goatee at the same time. thank you AI