Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
"we played a clip of the defendant calling the judge a pedophile and that's not even the moment people are talking about"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
Kinda mad Dan didn't end the Stelter interview with "I love you"

tracecomplete
Feb 26, 2017

Tree Dude posted:

"we played a clip of the defendant calling the judge a pedophile and that's not even the moment people are talking about"

"one of our lawyers said 'rear end' in a statement and wasn't even lectured"

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
They mentioned in the latest episode about Daria and the sick thing she mentioned at the end of her testimony.

What was the question? I didn't see the case live and missed it.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Renegret posted:

They mentioned in the latest episode about Daria and the sick thing she mentioned at the end of her testimony.

Maybe they're talking about the jury question that asked if alex jones' pain from the attacks he's dealt with as the sandy hook guy were worse than the parents' pain and she said much worse as her immediate response.

JaneError
Feb 4, 2016

how would i even breathe on the moon?
I think they were referring to her deposition, when she said that Jones lying about the dead kids being in the Super Bowl choir actually represented “hope” because it implies they might still be alive.

red19fire
May 26, 2010

Renegret posted:

One of the horrific things was that it was better to believe in the conspiracy because then at least there’s hope the kids are still alive somewhere. Real :stare: stuff.

E:fb

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
I'm uh

I'm sorry I asked

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

red19fire posted:

One of the horrific things was that it was better to believe in the conspiracy because then at least there’s hope the kids are still alive somewhere. Real :stare: stuff.

E:fb

Yeah I couldn’t check while I was listening so there was a protracted period of wondering which specific ice cold crazy thing Daria said.

Between her being a xenomorph and a cumulative 14 hours of deposition and testimony, she said a LOT of hosed up poo poo.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
Dan looks like Santa Claus from Miracle of 34th Street

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
New episode with Becca Lewis

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Renegret posted:

I'm uh

I'm sorry I asked

Her deposition is extremely powerful in the sense that you get an understanding just how monstrous some human beings truly are without being something like a murderer/child molester/ out & out nazi. I was listening to it on the bus and my eyes were just wide open and with my hand covering my mouth because that was an evil human being.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Sir Tonk posted:

Dan looks like Santa Claus from Miracle of 34th Street

Craft brewery of experts was a great line.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Testekill posted:

Her deposition is extremely powerful in the sense that you get an understanding just how monstrous some human beings truly are without being something like a murderer/child molester/ out & out nazi. I was listening to it on the bus and my eyes were just wide open and with my hand covering my mouth because that was an evil human being.

Shows that the people following the cult leader tend to be more dangerous. Most cult leaders are scam artists at heart, but the followers are true believers or they would have left eventually.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

Grand Fromage posted:

Craft brewery of experts was a great line.

Mark's wife laughing in the background at that line was great.

Confusedslight
Jan 9, 2020
Another solid episode for sneak week. It's going to be jarring when infowars (if they do) talk directly about knowledge fight. Can't see them not with so many of the people from the trial showing up.

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.

Sir Tonk posted:

Shows that the people following the cult leader tend to be more dangerous. Most cult leaders are scam artists at heart, but the followers are true believers or they would have left eventually.

I think the endless debate over “true believer vs grifter” can be tiresome and unproductive; the real thing that separates Jones from his followers was that, up until recently, he had very finely honed instincts about where the true legal danger lines were and he almost always managed to brush up against them instead of crossing them. That’s why you saw him beat feet very early on Jan 6th.

Daria is clearly someone who doesn’t even know that lines exist at all. It’s not just the things she said in depositions, it’s the fact that she repeated them in court despite clearly being coached not to by her lawyer.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

JaneError posted:

I think they were referring to her deposition, when she said that Jones lying about the dead kids being in the Super Bowl choir actually represented “hope” because it implies they might still be alive.

I forgot about this but it's hilarious to me that the supposed plan is run a false flag/crisis actor con on the world and then right after that, run all these impostors out on stage in the most watched television event in the loving country. I mean, I've heard of hiding in plain sight but that's a little extreme.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

BiggerBoat posted:

I forgot about this but it's hilarious to me that the supposed plan is run a false flag/crisis actor con on the world and then right after that, run all these impostors out on stage in the most watched television event in the loving country. I mean, I've heard of hiding in plain sight but that's a little extreme.

Similar to nigerian prince emails, the message to followers will seem incredible and illogical. It will not make sense if you think about it for a few seconds.

Jones doesn't want you listening to his show because you're not going to buy supplements. You're not going to give him money. So he weeds you out because non-rubes listen for a moment and realize he's a crazy person. He wants idiots to listen to him because they'll buy supplements.

Generic American
Mar 15, 2012

I love my Peng

BiggerBoat posted:

It makes a lot more sense(?) when you remember that it's a pillar of Alex's worldview that the globalists are spiritually obligated to due stupid, illogical things for him to point out because that's the only way that they are able to get magical powers. I forget the exact term for it, but it's a whole school of thought within the conspiracy world that the reason why you are able to uncover all of these hints that were planted in popular movies or whatever is because the law of the universe dictates that telling you what they are going to do to you before they actually do it will fulfill some Satanic legal contract, and that Hollywood was created to find a loophole around that by weaving those "warnings" into fictional stuff that everyone watches.

So the Sandy Hook football game thing was just them spiking the football and trying to get superpowers from how brazen it was.

Generic American fucked around with this message at 14:28 on Aug 9, 2022

Beef Stew
Dec 27, 2009
Lol iirc one of the term Jones uses for that is "intergalactic contract law" which is seriously one of the dumbest phrases I've ever heard

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Beef Stew posted:

Lol iirc one of the term Jones uses for that is "intergalactic contract law" which is seriously one of the dumbest phrases I've ever heard

That's his way of saying agreement with satan. Demons are intergalactic invaders, after all. The doom mythos is real.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

Isn't that just Lesser Magic from Laveyan Satanism but made even dumber and not understood?

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

Xiahou Dun posted:

Isn't that just Lesser Magic from Laveyan Satanism but made even dumber and not understood?

Maybe? It's been a hot minute since I've read any Levay.

It's honestly probably way stupider and comes from some movie Alex saw where a demon is defeated because they broke some sacred rule that was written to stop them. Because it was a movie.

Hell he probably watched Pick of Destiny and thought the demon contract was real.

Dudes a loving moron and a coward, and the only reason he didn't storm the capital on the 6th with his idiot fans is because he's a giant loving coward with no conviction.

Everett False
Sep 28, 2006

Mopsy, I'm starting to question your medical credentials.

I believe his preferred term is "predictive programming" but it's really just a bog-standard 'evil magical contract' concept where the rules of the universe demand consent and therefore they must trick you into it (and failing to say 'no' counts). It plays into individualism where every bad thing that happens to a person is ultimately their own fault, for allowing themselves to be fooled if nothing else.

If you poke at it too long you notice there's a lot of weird ideas about consent baked into it.

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Mr. Nice! posted:

That's his way of saying agreement with satan. Demons are intergalactic invaders, after all. The doom mythos is real.

I remember the Doom novelizations were done by a devout mormon and the big twist was that the demons were the souls of non mormons who didn't get their own magic planet when they died

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Your Gay Uncle posted:

I remember the Doom novelizations were done by a devout mormon and the big twist was that the demons were the souls of non mormons who didn't get their own magic planet when they died

mic down for teen witch

[screaming]WHAT

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

teen witch posted:

mic down for teen witch

[screaming]WHAT

Are you shocked that was the twist to the books or did you not know that tenant of mormanism?

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Mr. Nice! posted:

Are you shocked that was the twist to the books or did you not know that tenant of mormanism?

The Mormon-Doom connection

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
I kindof like where they went with new doom revamp story and how doom eternal finally wrapped everything up.

i like to imagine that the slayer is still canonically the doomguy from the first game. There are lots of universes that the demons connect to, and the one from the original game is still our dude. He was the first to hold them back, but them somehow ends up on Argent D'nur through his battles. They say they found him in hell after all.

e: I realize this is a derail, but we're in a little bit of a holding pattern for Jones related news.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Man who knew my latest disillusionment would be about the Doom books I read as a kid

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
the mod team violated the sancity of my avatar

Your Gay Uncle posted:

I thought the big twist was aliens hated us because we had souls and actually left our bodies when we die. The demons were manufactured for maximum psychological warfare, but the actual bad guys were non-humanoid space aliens.

It’s been decades and once the novels got two or three sequels in, poo poo went off the rails.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Mr. Nice! posted:

i like to imagine that the slayer is still canonically the doomguy from the first game. There are lots of universes that the demons connect to, and the one from the original game is still our dude. He was the first to hold them back, but them somehow ends up on Argent D'nur through his battles. They say they found him in hell after all.

That is the story, yeah. Doom 1/2/64/2016/Eternal are the same doomguy. There is much debate if Doom 3 fits in somewhere or is entirely its own thing.

Confusedslight
Jan 9, 2020
Alex Jones as a doom boss is a mod I bet exists.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

Confusedslight posted:

Alex Jones as a doom boss is a mod I bet exists.

Not Doom but : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3LtTdGJNV3c

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Mods please rename the thread "It's time to pay" thank you

Confusedslight
Jan 9, 2020

That's brilliant.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

Confusedslight posted:

That's brilliant.

The dude has a whole series where he takes real audio of right wing crazies and then does bizarre animations that slowly seep into being cosmic horror.

It's kind of perfect in a very weird way.

Personal favorite : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YiYnNmigbmQ

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

So has there been any reaction from the right wing news sphear about Jones having to pay up?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

BigRed0427 posted:

So has there been any reaction from the right wing news sphear about Jones having to pay up?

I think most of them are distracted by :chaostrump: getting raided by the FBI