Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
i hosed her before all of you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Often Abbreviated posted:

Amber bringing down capitalism by bankrupting the publishers.

lol

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
the beto burger in ur av looks drat good & makes me hungry when i see it

NeatHeteroDude
Jan 15, 2017

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

i hosed her before all of you

0_o

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
only thing i ate today was a trader joe salad. well thats not true. i had a leftover 6" "itialian job" from 7-11 in my fridge from last night (didnt eat it last night) which i had for breakfast. but that was at like 830am. and also it made me sick so i dont think i got a lot of "nutrition" out of it if you catch my drift. ive found that the 7-11 hoagies make me "ill of the body" pretty frequently anymore which sucks kuz i love to eat them. another thing i like is the pizza. last night i saw soething crazy though - someone had called ahead and came to pikc up a whole 7-11 pizza as if it was dominos. now that doesnt sound too crazy, of course... but get this? theres a literal dominos 1 block up the street. who would choose this? then again.. the 7-11 pizza is good. but as good as dominos? not even close. split the difference theres a little caesers like 3 blocks. hosed up i guess. another guy in thge 7-11 was going crazy kuz the cell phone charger he bought didnt work with his phone which was false advertising aparently.

hope u enoyed my tale

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Smythe posted:

i'm really regretting it

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Smythe posted:

last night i saw soething crazy though - someone had called ahead and came to pikc up a whole 7-11 pizza as if it was dominos. now that doesnt sound too crazy, of course... but get this? theres a literal dominos 1 block up the street. who would choose this? then again.. the 7-11 pizza is good. but as good as dominos? not even close. split the difference theres a little caesers like 3 blocks. hosed up i guess.

the 7/11 app is crazy, i've seen them send out buy-one-get-one pizza deals. it seems like a fuckton of effort for the cashier but the pizzas must be really profitable. i agree though that the pizza is much more popular than it should be; i also have a 7/11 domino's little caesars combo near each other and there's way too much 7/11 pizza in that ratio

err
Apr 11, 2005

I carry my own weight no matter how heavy this shit gets...

Smythe posted:

it has extra soy

TheSlutPit
Dec 26, 2009

err posted:

it has extra soy

dsyp

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Often Abbreviated posted:

Amber bringing down capitalism by bankrupting the publishers.

Lol

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

i say swears online posted:

the 7/11 app is crazy, i've seen them send out buy-one-get-one pizza deals. it seems like a fuckton of effort for the cashier but the pizzas must be really profitable. i agree though that the pizza is much more popular than it should be; i also have a 7/11 domino's little caesars combo near each other and there's way too much 7/11 pizza in that ratio

i like to get 2 sliced and a tall boy and "house" all that poo poo on the walk hgome from 7-11 which is like 5 mins. gotta work fast

wow 2 for 1 pizza deal sounds awesome would love to get that

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)
The pizza is really, really bad. Worse than little Cesar's, Papa John's, or any other big chain. I ate it a lot when I was too depressed to cook.

If you have any self respect, desire to live, or hope you won't be able to finish a single 7/11 pizza. If you cN, good luck and I hope you feel better.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

The Chad Jihad posted:

I'd like to read amber's book, because she's got some cold-rear end takes and some hot ones, and is also boomer-level gullible when it comes to internet stuff

yea she rules

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

The Chad Jihad posted:

I'd like to read amber's book, because she's got some cold-rear end takes and some hot ones, and is also boomer-level gullible when it comes to internet stuff

Something about Amber's whole perspective/attitude is kind of off-putting to me, like she's the left-wing version of those liberals who wax about the values of real small-town Americans in the heartlands.

I get the impression that the hilarious blurb people keep posting about her book was not entirely an invention of the publisher and might just be a pretty accurate depiction of how she sees herself and her experiences.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
As someone from Indiana, I...

Dr. Jerrold Coe
Feb 6, 2021

Is it me?

Smythe posted:

only thing i ate today was a trader joe salad. well thats not true. i had a leftover 6" "itialian job" from 7-11 in my fridge from last night (didnt eat it last night) which i had for breakfast. but that was at like 830am. and also it made me sick so i dont think i got a lot of "nutrition" out of it if you catch my drift. ive found that the 7-11 hoagies make me "ill of the body" pretty frequently anymore which sucks kuz i love to eat them. another thing i like is the pizza. last night i saw soething crazy though - someone had called ahead and came to pikc up a whole 7-11 pizza as if it was dominos. now that doesnt sound too crazy, of course... but get this? theres a literal dominos 1 block up the street. who would choose this? then again.. the 7-11 pizza is good. but as good as dominos? not even close. split the difference theres a little caesers like 3 blocks. hosed up i guess. another guy in thge 7-11 was going crazy kuz the cell phone charger he bought didnt work with his phone which was false advertising aparently.

hope u enoyed my tale

The Italian Job gives me heartburn, tbh all of the 711 deli sandwich options are lacking. Taquitos are great though as is the pizza. Used to be $5 like Little Caesar's, thanks to Biden both are now like $7!!!

TheSlutPit
Dec 26, 2009

Dominos with extra sauce, banana peppers and onions is my nuclear option for “oops I went out and drank like I’m 22” hangovers.

Dr. Jerrold Coe
Feb 6, 2021

Is it me?

TheSlutPit posted:

Dominos with extra sauce, banana peppers and onions is my nuclear option for “oops I went out and drank like I’m 22” hangovers.

There's something about Little Caesar's cardboard crust that I find irresistible. Dominos is way too doughy imo.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

the secret at the really customizable places is to always tick the 'well done' option. you're welcome i've just changed your life

nothing sadder than an underdone pizza

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

biggest hochul head in china

there was one episode of chapo a few years ago where Amber brought up the Ford Foundation and how evil they were and Will was like, "oh yeah, do you wanna expound upon that some more?" and Amber said, "oh, no I don't actually know anything about them"

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Fleetwood posted:

there was one episode of chapo a few years ago where Amber brought up the Ford Foundation and how evil they were and Will was like, "oh yeah, do you wanna expound upon that some more?" and Amber said, "oh, no I don't actually know anything about them"

Was she wrong though? I also don’t know anything about them but based on their size and namesake I imagine they’re probably a shitstain

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Dr. Jerrold Coe posted:

The Italian Job gives me heartburn, tbh all of the 711 deli sandwich options are lacking. Taquitos are great though as is the pizza. Used to be $5 like Little Caesar's, thanks to Biden both are now like $7!!!

ptoblrm is tghey let the rollers go vacant at like 10pm and while it is within ur right to DEMAND SATISFACTION that they put some tornados or w/e on the rollers, i have never done this. its honestly so hosed up that people do. HEY TIRED GUY, PUT SOME poo poo ON THE ROLLER. get a grip dude. just buy the hoagie and move on. hell maybe get wild and buy the tuna sandy. gently caress it yolo

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

the secret at the really customizable places is to always tick the 'well done' option. you're welcome i've just changed your life

nothing sadder than an underdone pizza

so true

Dr. Jerrold Coe
Feb 6, 2021

Is it me?

Smythe posted:

ptoblrm is tghey let the rollers go vacant at like 10pm and while it is within ur right to DEMAND SATISFACTION that they put some tornados or w/e on the rollers, i have never done this. its honestly so hosed up that people do. HEY TIRED GUY, PUT SOME poo poo ON THE ROLLER. get a grip dude. just buy the hoagie and move on. hell maybe get wild and buy the tuna sandy. gently caress it yolo

Depends on the location, some keep em stocked all night fresh but yeah nothing worse than walking in and seeing a wasteland of hot food options

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Dr. Jerrold Coe posted:

Depends on the location, some keep em stocked all night fresh but yeah nothing worse than walking in and seeing a wasteland of hot food options

you ever so wasted and so desperate for hot food u buy the forzen burrito and microwave it right then and tere in the Big Microwave? what an ex[perience

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)
https://www.therevgarden.com/podcast-feed/podcast-episode-1

i like this podcast even if they're a bit lib (much like the person quoting this)

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

looks like this streamer is moving in on stavvy's turf

https://twitter.com/TheWillNeff/status/1556839608075227137

from the trailer i think stav's stream will probably be the most secure of his career endeavors. this is frighteningly bad

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

from the trailer i think stav's stream will probably be the most secure of his career endeavors. this is frighteningly bad

stav said streaming is too much work :(

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Smythe posted:

you ever so wasted and so desperate for hot food u buy the forzen burrito and microwave it right then and tere in the Big Microwave? what an ex[perience

i knew too many of the bums pretending to be punk kids begging outside of the one you could walk to from the bars, so whenever i would try to do this some equally drunk but much smellier person i used to know would keep trying to talk to me whilst preparing the nachos and chili dog and make it really annoying to eat it out front and smoke

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

biggest hochul head in china

HashtagGirlboss posted:

Was she wrong though? I also don’t know anything about them but based on their size and namesake I imagine they’re probably a shitstain

she wasn't wrong, I just thought oh hell yeah we're getting a rant about this sketchy pr racket but instead there was an awkward pause and they moved on

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

amber frost has in her heart a genuine contempt for the middle class. her hate is pure, and that was what she brought to the podcast. her whole political project completely belly-flopping will have been a big blow though

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Xaris posted:

As someone from Indiana, I...

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
I've been chipping away at Blowback S3. Thanks to poster upthread, you da best

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Mr Hootington posted:

The most embarrassing podcasts I listened to were the Slates "Cultural Gabfest" or "Our National Conversation About Conversations About Race".

BROTHER!

Yeah I was hooked on the Slate machine from like 2008-2012. Whenever they started advertising their "do a rich person experience" thingy... Oracle... Atlas Obscura is when I started weaning them out of my auditory diet. Damage is done tho

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

KirbyKhan posted:

BROTHER!

Yeah I was hooked on the Slate machine from like 2008-2012. Whenever they started advertising their "do a rich person experience" thingy... Oracle... Atlas Obscura is when I started weaning them out of my auditory diet. Damage is done tho

I came to the realization that everything they said was bougie nonsense that had no impact on anything.

I quit listening to about race when it ended. My favorite moment of that show was one of the co-hosts went on multiple bigoted rants about one of the other co-hosts to his face because she thought he was white, but then he revealed he was creole and she had to do a mea culpa

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Classic woman behavior going after a poc dude smdh.

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord
I don't know, listening to Slate's political gabfest deal with Hillary eating poo poo in 2016 was high comedy.

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo

AnimeIsTrash posted:

Classic woman behavior going after a poc dude smdh.

Ahem. Classic white woman behavior.

ptkfvk
Apr 30, 2013

this TAFS episode has an alarmingly high amount of work put into it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

the radio war nerd live episode was enjoyable to listen to