Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Netflix alone has an entire franchise dedicated to women falling in love with princes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skios
Oct 1, 2021

Raised By Birds posted:

Michael Ramirez

Kellies Nomination: Worst gaslighting. No pithy remark or angry rant, just observing that this cartoon depicts pretty much the literal opposite of reality.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

Holy poo poo

*rubs eyes*

A joke

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

Rall: You Shall Know Us by Our Priorities

Ted Rall posted:

You can tell a society’s political priorities by how it spends money. It would cost an estimated $10 billion a year in order to eliminate homelessness in the United States. Instead, the United States recently sent $40 billion to Ukraine.
I think Rall has specifically called out homelessness as the problem that Ukraine money could solve before. Is this a wider talking point in the US or something that Rall himself has latched on to after flailing wildly for an angle on the Russian invasion?

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

Trapezium Dave posted:

Rall: You Shall Know Us by Our Priorities

I think Rall has specifically called out homelessness as the problem that Ukraine money could solve before. Is this a wider talking point in the US or something that Rall himself has latched on to after flailing wildly for an angle on the Russian invasion?

Rall knows which side the bread is buttered on.

Ambitious Spider
Feb 13, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

To anyone upset over that Eli Valley cartoon the other day, you should give them a stiglich to show what a real anti Semitic caricature of a non-jewish person looks like.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Yes it's a pretty common observation that the American government claims there's no money for welfare, healthcare, or education because of the deficit, but somehow always finds a bottomless well of cash for more wars and MIC handouts.

Rall isn't the first person to notice this no.

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

It's just the better ones to note are Saudi Arabia and Israel two actually just evil nations we keep sending arms to.

But Rall is in the tank for Russia and very bad at his job.

Terrible Opinions fucked around with this message at 13:14 on Aug 8, 2022

JamesBont
Oct 1, 2021

Ambitious Spider posted:

To anyone upset over that Eli Valley cartoon the other day, you should give them a stiglich to show what a real anti Semitic caricature of a non-jewish person looks like.

Also...is it just me, or is Tom copying and pasting the same Biden face?

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Ben Jennings on Boris Johnson’s last weeks as prime minister – Johnson was accused of going ‘missing in action’ last week after it emerged he went on holiday just before his premiership ends"

Telegraph:

Hosepipe bans should have been imposed sooner, says MP amid drought fears; Water executive promises to halve leaks... by 2050

Times:

Tackle inflation before cutting tax, voters urge

Evening Standard:

Democrats celebrate after sweeping US climate change bill passes Senate

Pancho Jueves
Aug 20, 2007

BEST FRIENDS!!

As if there haven't been thousands upon thousands of shows and movies featuring basic hetero relationships produced over the last 100 years.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

Pancho Jueves posted:

As if there haven't been thousands upon thousands of shows and movies featuring basic hetero relationships produced over the last 100 years.

Yeah but they've all been banned and they only make gay trans shows now, and you're not allowed to look away from the screen when they do a sex, and you have to shout "black lives matter" to change the channel

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

This one gave me a start because I'm just not used to seeing cartoons even vaguely positive about ol' Joe.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

If it takes $10 mil/year, then Ukraine’s support money isn’t a long-term solution? You could easily point at our bloated military budgets as a source of a recurring 10 million instead, but Rall isn’t influence by anyone. Nope. Not at all.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Trapezium Dave posted:

https://www.patheos.com/blogs/slack...-making-you-mi/

:same: :same:

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Pants Donkey posted:

If it takes $10 mil/year, then Ukraine’s support money isn’t a long-term solution? You could easily point at our bloated military budgets as a source of a recurring 10 million instead, but Rall isn’t influence by anyone. Nope. Not at all.

It would solve it for six years. Six years of housing and feeding and caring for every homeless man, woman, and child in the country.

And lol at the idea that we won't be dumping more money into that war

VitalSigns fucked around with this message at 17:27 on Aug 8, 2022

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

VitalSigns posted:

It would solve it for six years

And lol at the idea that we won't be dumping more money into that war
The defense budget is 3/4 of a trillion dollars. There’s probably ten billion we can open up for future years

Rall is instead going after aid to Ukraine, which is temporary even if we will inevitably dump more money into it. It’s just yet another cartoon in which Rall goes after the war when there’s a more logical target.

Tibalt
May 14, 2017

What, drawn, and talk of peace! I hate the word, As I hate hell, all Montagues, and thee

Pointing at a specific government program as why we're not solving homelessness is always a shell game to attack the program. I personally point to the F-22 Raptor, and Republicans point at volcano monitoring/shrimp treadmills/The Bridge To Nowhere... And yet we still have homelessness and increased government spending by more than $10b a year.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Pants Donkey posted:

The defense budget is 3/4 of a trillion dollars. There’s probably ten billion we can open up for future years

Rall is instead going after aid to Ukraine, which is temporary even if we will inevitably dump more money into it. It’s just yet another cartoon in which Rall goes after the war when there’s a more logical target.

And? The government isn't doing that either. It's just a fact that we're spending enough money on this new war to solve homelessness for years. Changing the subject to the even more money the government is spending on even more war doesn't change anything. The numbers are what they are, we don't have to like it, but we can't deny the numbers.

If you're for the war and you don't like that he is against the war you can just say that, much quicker and to the point.

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

The point is that he focuses on the war in Ukraine instead of the real issue, which is that the USA could almost trivially find that money somewhere, regardless of where, but there is no political will to do that because it would be helping the poor.

Tibalt
May 14, 2017

What, drawn, and talk of peace! I hate the word, As I hate hell, all Montagues, and thee

Naw, Ted Rall doesn't actually care about homelessness, at least not anymore than Rand Paul cares about middle class taxpayers.

ZeeToo
Feb 20, 2008

I'm a kitty!

Somfin posted:

Is there a real movie or show that fits that description? My man is down bad for an imagined past

Just Shrek. That's the only one.

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

:australia:

Pope:

Revealed: Car industry’s secret emissions plan would slow electric vehicle uptake (SMH).

Rowe:

Former NSW deputy premier John Barilaro was up in the ICAC inquiry into his US trade job in New York, claimed he was the victim. John Barilaro doubles down with fiery testimony to trade inquiry (SMH).

Warren Brown:

Leak, Son of Leak:

Nameless Pete
May 8, 2007

Get a load of those...

Tibalt posted:

Naw, Ted Rall doesn't actually care about homelessness, at least not anymore than Rand Paul cares about middle class taxpayers.

Ted Rall claims to have pushed a homeless person under an oncoming train and then walked away without seeing if they were okay. He tells this story at parties because he thinks it makes him look cool.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

BonHair posted:

The point is that he focuses on the war in Ukraine instead of the real issue, which is that the USA could almost trivially find that money somewhere, regardless of where, but there is no political will to do that because it would be helping the poor.

Dunno about you but I just assume bad faith on Ted Rall's part until proven otherwise. I think there's been maybe one or two occasions where this assumption proved inaccurate.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
I know there was some big news item yesterday but I dunno if we'll see any politoons on it because the FBI just raided Trump's home address.

thisusedyet
Feb 14, 2012

My post... it sucks!!!

Twelve by Pies posted:

...I'm confused. I guess Varvel thought that Indiana would keep abortion legal because of Chicago?

Never heard of Chicago, Indiana.

oobey
Nov 19, 2002

thisusedyet posted:

Well, that doesn’t exist, but there is both a New Chicago, Indiana, as well as East Chicago, Indiana. So they have twice as many Chicagos as Illinois.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

thisusedyet posted:

East Chicago?

oobey posted:

Well, that doesn’t exist, but there is both a New Chicago, Indiana, as well as East Chicago, Indiana. So they have twice as many Chicagos as Illinois.

Well we also have Chicago Heights and West Chicago

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

I know there was some big news item yesterday but I dunno if we'll see any politoons on it because the FBI just raided Trump's home address.

I am so excited to see the usual right wing assholes cry about this.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Nameless Pete posted:

Ted Rall claims to have pushed a homeless person under an oncoming train and then walked away without seeing if they were okay. He tells this story at parties because he thinks it makes him look cool.

Love this guy. "Oh, yeah," *buffs nails on shirt* "I killed a homeless man, sure. And a classmate. And handed out STDs like candy. Wanna go out?"

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

Just as Garrison goes on vacation for a week!

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

Hunt11 posted:

I am so excited to see the usual right wing assholes cry about this.
Honestly, I'm not. It's all just going to be a disappointed yet stalwart Trump folding his arms while a bunch of FBI agents (either effete wimps or brutish cavemen, possibly literal dogs) sack his modestly-drawn home, with Biden looking on and grinning and either pointing his finger to sic "his" FBI, or literally holding giant puppet strings. There's nothing interesting or new to be gained from their reactions, just the typical bullshit.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Nameless Pete posted:

All the more reason we need to solve homelessness then, to protect them from Ted Rall

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

thisusedyet posted:

That's probably because it only exists in the minds of extremely dumb people who confuse Illinois and Indiana. :v:

So yeah now I have even less idea why Varvel thought Indiana would keep abortion legal.

kartikeya
Mar 17, 2009

Nameless Pete posted:

Guess we know which dead homeless guy he's portraying in his cartoon.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
"Why are we giving millions to Ukraine when it could instead be paying me, Ted Rall, to solve the homeless problem by pushing them into trains?"

JamesBont
Oct 1, 2021

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

Combine this and the IRA bill passing, and this is going to be an interesting week

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013
Steve Breen

Jeff Danziger

Matt Davies

Bob Gorrell

Joe Heller

Clay Jones

Jack Ohman

Henry Payne

Joel Pett

Michael Ramirez

Tom Stiglich

Gary Varvel

Matt Wuerker

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

You're absolutely right, Payne, big corporations shouldn't hide behind woke slogans but should actually practice what they... wait, what? You think that it's actually good that CEOs have big vroom vroom planes that they should burn all the fossil fuels for, and that they all have white CEOs, and you're angry they aren't loud and outspoken like you about how good those things are? Well, okay, then.