Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

Jack-in-the-Bach posted:

Whats the fourth excuse, after Manchin Sinema and the parliamentarian?

electability and "the supreme court won't let us do that" are usually the next 2

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

Jack-in-the-Bach posted:

Filibuster is a good go to

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

they can't pass it because pelosi is in taiwan

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
lol not even pretending anymore

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

christmas boots posted:

lol not even pretending anymore

lol

quote:

And in a private call with business groups on Tuesday, Sinema asked a question about the bill's proposed 15% minimum tax on corporations that gave them some hope for optimism.

"Is this written in a way that's bad?" Sinema asked, according to Danny Seiden, president of the Arizona Chamber of Commerce, who relayed the call to CNN.

lmgao

ex post facho has issued a correction as of 20:40 on Aug 4, 2022

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
https://twitter.com/EricMGarcia/sta...ingawful.com%2F

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

Jack-in-the-Bach posted:

dont want to break the political capital piggy bank (obamas favorite)

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
https://mobile.twitter.com/thehill/...ingawful.com%2F

:thunk:

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown
I have faith in the democrats ability to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Jack-in-the-Bach posted:

You’ll never believe this, but… joe Biden has covid for the 56th time and can’t sign off on any legislation

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

Ok is there anything in this bill that helps anyone that isn't a LLC?

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Business Gorillas posted:

corporations are people too my friend

Zvahl
Oct 14, 2005

научный кот

we're all just people man, some of us just have fewer liabilities man

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

can't wait to get closer to the mid-terms when everything is still poo poo for the average person and we've got succlib after lib trotting this out like "JOE DID THIS FOR YOOOOU"

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

nope

all of the climate change provisions are just allocating money to something, and can only be done after enough oil and gas leases are sold

the white hand
Nov 12, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
"sinema" and not any other dems: even the cursory, completely avoidable pretend idea that corporations might pay tax is beyond the pale

national law review posted:

The Act creates a Corporate Alternative Minimum Tax (“AMT”) equal to a 15 percent minimum tax on adjusted financial statement income for corporations with profits in excess of $1 billion.

Corporations would generally be eligible to claim net operating losses and tax credits against the AMT, and would be eligible to claim a tax credit against the regular corporation tax for AMT paid in prior years, to the extent the regular tax liability in any year exceeds 15 percent of the corporation’s adjusted financial statement income.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Jack-in-the-Bach posted:

You, the voter, in 2022 lame duck season for not giving them a majority again

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

knowing how incompetent and worthless these morons are this bill will definitely increase inflation

Not So Fast
Dec 27, 2007

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-62431231

Damnit, the Jewish Space Laser missed

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Shove Manchin, Sinema, Cruz and Hawley in a coat closet and pass good things 48-48. Jesus this isn't hard, it just requires some *light* kidnapping.

Grandpa Palpatine
Dec 13, 2019

by vyelkin

Shrecknet posted:

Shove Manchin, Sinema, Cruz and Hawley in a coat closet and pass good things 48-48. Jesus this isn't hard, it just requires some *light* kidnapping.

VICE NEWS: KIDNAPPING WAS "SOME JASON BOURNE poo poo"

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Shrecknet posted:

Weird that suddenly Coons and Warner are being obstacles to passing anything...

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord
lol yeah, "by gawd, that's John Tester's music!"

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
https://twitter.com/igorbobic/statu...ingawful.com%2F

https://twitter.com/BenSpielberg/st...ingawful.com%2F

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
oh for sure man

https://twitter.com/burgessev/statu...ingawful.com%2F

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
lmao for a couple days there i thought the democrats might not be destroyed in 2022

skipmyseashells
Nov 14, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

Laterite posted:

lmao for a couple days there i thought the democrats might not be destroyed in 2022

same thing happened during the Obama era, dems have a chance at killing the GOP for a long time and then go hyper succ and help them resurge back

Fart Dumbass
May 31, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

Laterite posted:

what on earth gave you that idea

Grandpa Palpatine
Dec 13, 2019

by vyelkin
lol when the dems pass some milquetoast bullshit bipartisan bill, i think of that scene from Star Trek (2009) when Nero yells "FIRE EVERYTHING" but instead it's Chuck the Cuck Schumer yelling "PASS ANYTHING!" and then the House chamber collapses

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
https://mobile.twitter.com/DanAmira/status/1556638838138757120

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

the loving gall of being handed both chambers and the presidency and being "oops, you need to vote a little harder next time so we can care about you. sorry!"

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Pro tip 4 government: the parliamentarian already doesn't get to make those calls unless you decide to let them for some reason

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
https://twitter.com/ABCPolitics/sta...ingawful.com%2F

:thunk:

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Every time I see Goatse, I think of Maureen. That's the last thing I saw. Before I blacked out. The sight of that man's anus.

The worst thing about the Democrats taking congress is that I had to learn what a parliamentarian is.

PERPETUAL IDIOT
Sep 12, 2003

Retromancer posted:

The worst thing about the Democrats taking congress is that I had to learn what a parliamentarian is.

You didn't and don't have to learn what it is cause it's fake. The parliamentarian will be why they can't do anything until it's something else, the specifics are not important.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
it's going to be really funny when libs start weeping and wailing on twitter for the parliamentarian to step in and stop all the madness, at least.

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

it's going to be really funny when libs start weeping and wailing on twitter for the parliamentarian to step in and stop all the madness, at least.

You can get a sneak preview of this by searching for libs here in the UK wailing for the queen to step in and stop Boris being naughty a few years back

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
they won't fire the parliamentarian for the same reason they won't abolish the filibuster: it's a fig leaf for not accomplishing the progressive policies they campaign on

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Retromancer posted:

it's all fake, man

we don't even have a parliament