Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

WOKE UP IN THE DESERT AGAIN
Oh- I think Sketchy Trickster is strong in thief rogue. Discovering off-class cards is clutch, and since its neutral it gives you something to do on turn 2 while continuing to discount your Gnolls.

edit: like IMPORTER SHOULD BE YOU MONSTERS

Victor Vermis fucked around with this message at 08:21 on Aug 7, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kalko
Oct 9, 2004

Alright, I'm doing it. Let this post mark the beginning of my Jackpot adventures.

Triple Windfury!

They conceded on T6.

Kalko
Oct 9, 2004

I'm dying of lols here. I played Topple the Idol four times to keep clearing an Imp Warlock's board, then I played Celestial Alignment and on the next turn I drew Theotar and stole their 18-point Denathrius, prompting an instant concede.

In the previous game I got the T3 Divine Toll against my Rogue opponent's empty board, too. Hearthstone hasn't been this much fun in years. Please tell me Theotar isn't going to get nerfed!

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

At least I don't dance with them, right?

Kalko posted:

In the previous game I got the T3 Divine Toll against my Rogue opponent's empty board, too. Hearthstone hasn't been this much fun in years. Please tell me Theotar isn't going to get nerfed!

The last time we had an effect like this was with Illucia, but that nerf was more because Priest aggro was using it to force their opponents to have a round where they could do nothing and Illucia's ability to function in any other deck was collateral damage. Theotar doesn't have that problem, so he's probably fine.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
Turns out Murloc Control Shaman's battlecry shenanigans and cheap minions pair really, really well with Denathrius.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Yeah he allows you to brute force a lot of control matchups just throwing his battle cry x 3 at the opponent for 40-60 on turn 11

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

People keep vandalizing my ID photo; I've lodged a complaint with HR

Disargeria posted:

Implock is just a better and more refined Treant Druid. Just putting it out there.

Agree. It reminds me of Treant Druid, especially in the way that the silence all/enemies effects don't really slow it down.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

It’s like Treant Druid if composting was 1000x better and their massive buff was 2 mana instead of 5

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

pelagos + shadow word: devour is pretty filthy vs all the tokens imp locks generate

Kalko
Oct 9, 2004

Lurks With Wolves posted:

The last time we had an effect like this was with Illucia, but that nerf was more because Priest aggro was using it to force their opponents to have a round where they could do nothing and Illucia's ability to function in any other deck was collateral damage. Theotar doesn't have that problem, so he's probably fine.

Yeah, I think if anything they'll do one of those perception nerfs because it makes people extremely pissy. I love its comedy value but I do also genuinely think it's a healthy card to have in the meta, with a similar use case to Mutanus.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Beasteh posted:

pelagos + shadow word: devour is pretty filthy vs all the tokens imp locks generate

Yeah it sucks. Whoever's doin' this, please stop. My imps are dying!

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
so do we know when battlegrounds perks reset? I've been sitting on 3k gold waiting for it and its a week into the new expansion and... nothing? Did I miss a memo?

Kalko
Oct 9, 2004

Breaking news, it's the battle of the century!

Earlier tonight:

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

Blasmeister posted:

Yeah he allows you to brute force a lot of control matchups just throwing his battle cry x 3 at the opponent for 40-60 on turn 11

Yeah. Can even pull that off earlier with the new Kael since you've got Piranhas, discounted Murlocs, Naga students a possible 0-1 mana second minions.

Or Bolner if you want to spend one more mana for a lot more damage.

Navaash
Aug 15, 2001

FEED ME

It was going to happen sooner or later. I didn't even feel anything, just a chuckle and a "the hell".

he had leaper, 2 rats, ghastcoiler, croc, baron, one other I can't remember. APM pirates with fat stats just refused to smack the baron, he kept getting multiple resets in the order he needed. at some point pirate kills the ghastcoiler, the mobs were selfless and yet another rat. previous mob dies and sent its leaper charges to the rat, next attack kills the selfless, shielding the 2 non-baron minions remaining. THEN the baron dies, but the rat popped and sent more leapers flying, and that's how you get 1.2% lethal

Obfuscation
Jan 1, 2008
Good luck to you, I know you believe in hell

Jezza of OZPOS posted:

so do we know when battlegrounds perks reset? I've been sitting on 3k gold waiting for it and its a week into the new expansion and... nothing? Did I miss a memo?

The perks are tied to battlegrounds "seasons" from now on instead of expansion releases, so they should last until the next big battlegrounds patch

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

I'm only missing 3 cards from Nathria!!!

.....it's Topior, Kelthuzad and Rafaam :shepicide:

NorgLyle
Sep 20, 2002

Do you think I posted to this forum because I value your companionship?

Excelzior posted:

I'm only missing 3 cards from Nathria!!!

.....it's Topior, Kelthuzad and Rafaam :shepicide:
I did not expect much out of Topior and was a little irritated that he was one of my Golden cards but it turns out (at least in Token Hell Denathrius Druid) that he's pretty great. I like having a hand full of nothing and still being able to swing the board back.

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

smokescreen rogue is pretty fun

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

Immolate against Denathrius decks is the most hilarious thing ever.

Oenis
Mar 15, 2012
XL skelly mage is slowly becoming my fav deck ever. I think overall the meta has quite a solid fun foundation, a few buffs to the terrible classes so it's not just RPS of warlock, mage and druid and we're gucci.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

Oenis posted:

XL skelly mage is slowly becoming my fav deck ever. I think overall the meta has quite a solid fun foundation, a few buffs to the terrible classes so it's not just RPS of warlock, mage and druid and we're gucci.

I think we're already out of that 3-way meta. Priest (both Quest and Naga/Wig) is going pretty well and Control Shaman is very strong.

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

As a youth I prayed, "Give me chastity and continence, but not yet."
Habugabu's Control/Evolve Shaman that VS were talking about on their podcast is hilariously greedy, I got angry this afternoon when I lost with it to an equally greedy Control Priest.

Kalko
Oct 9, 2004

Watched some of Kibler's VOD today and he was playing an interesting Shadow Priest control deck. Here's a bad cut and paste screen grab:

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Kalko posted:

Watched some of Kibler's VOD today and he was playing an interesting Shadow Priest control deck. Here's a bad cut and paste screen grab:

Looks cool but without theotar or mutanus seems like it just autoloses to denathrius decks?

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
I'm kind of surprised I haven't seen mor eWarlocks running Immolate. Seems a good counter to the big Infuse minions.

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

I'm kind of surprised I haven't seen mor eWarlocks running Immolate. Seems a good counter to the big Infuse minions.

I mean you're trading an increased winrate against those decks (assuming you hit the big Infuse cards), in exchange for a worse match up against everything else. Immolate is bad friend.

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

People keep vandalizing my ID photo; I've lodged a complaint with HR
It's like Evolve Shaman is great against skelly mage and implock, but if it loses to everything else, not worth playing unless of course those two decks constitute a large large part of the meta.

Olpainless
Jun 30, 2003
... Insert something brilliantly witty here.
### Deathrattle
# Class: Rogue
# Format: Wild
#
# 2x (0) Counterfeit Coin
# 2x (0) Preparation
# 2x (1) Gone Fishin'
# 2x (1) Secret Passage
# 2x (1) SI:7 Extortion
# 2x (2) Dirty Tricks
# 2x (2) Evasion
# 2x (2) Swindle
# 2x (3) Sketchy Information
# 2x (3) Snowfall Graveyard
# 2x (4) Cloak of Shadows
# 2x (4) Counterfeit Blade
# 2x (4) Kobold Illusionist
# 2x (6) Masked Reveler
# 1x (8) Ragnaros the Firelord
# 1x (10) Neptulon the Tidehunter
#
AAEBAaIHAvYCv84EDvW7At/jAvDmAs65A6rLA+LdA+fdA9PzA430A6H0A/efBPylBLezBMvtBAA=
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

It's basically a Dane list, but it slaps.

Genuinely feels like Neptulon needs to eat a ban in wild at this point.

L0cke17
Nov 29, 2013

Olpainless posted:

### Deathrattle
# Class: Rogue
# Format: Wild
#
# 2x (0) Counterfeit Coin
# 2x (0) Preparation
# 2x (1) Gone Fishin'
# 2x (1) Secret Passage
# 2x (1) SI:7 Extortion
# 2x (2) Dirty Tricks
# 2x (2) Evasion
# 2x (2) Swindle
# 2x (3) Sketchy Information
# 2x (3) Snowfall Graveyard
# 2x (4) Cloak of Shadows
# 2x (4) Counterfeit Blade
# 2x (4) Kobold Illusionist
# 2x (6) Masked Reveler
# 1x (8) Ragnaros the Firelord
# 1x (10) Neptulon the Tidehunter
#
AAEBAaIHAvYCv84EDvW7At/jAvDmAs65A6rLA+LdA+fdA9PzA430A6H0A/efBPylBLezBMvtBAA=
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

It's basically a Dane list, but it slaps.

Genuinely feels like Neptulon needs to eat a ban in wild at this point.

Is neptulon the problem? Or is it getting it (or multiples of it) on turn 2-4 via illusionist that's the problem?

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

L0cke17 posted:

Is neptulon the problem? Or is it getting it (or multiples of it) on turn 2-4 via illusionist that's the problem?

its illusionnist

and any other way in any other class of cheating out massive minions that dont care about their base stats (collossals, deathrattles, rag, etc)

Olpainless
Jun 30, 2003
... Insert something brilliantly witty here.

L0cke17 posted:

Honestly, yeah.

Even from hand Neptulon is the best 10, but it being cheatable turns it turbo busted.

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

Just got KO’d on turn 4 by an Imp Lock. God drat

Boatswain
May 29, 2012
Does anyone know if the new Kel'THuzad skin comes with new borders?

bravesword
Apr 13, 2012

Silent Protagonist

Boatswain posted:

Does anyone know if the new Kel'THuzad skin comes with new borders?

The new Vashj doesn’t, so I assume not.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
I think I just faced a bot playing Implock that broke halfway through the match

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
I faced a bot implock today as well, because they couldn't figure out how to activate the location and roped out every turn

orangelex44
Oct 11, 2012

Definition of orange:

Any of a group of colors that are between red and yellow in hue. Middle English, from Anglo-French, from Old Occitan, from Arabic, from Persian, from Sanskrit.

Definition of lex:

Law. Latin.
You always know a deck is healthy for the format when the bots start using it!

Kalko
Oct 9, 2004

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

Looks cool but without theotar or mutanus seems like it just autoloses to denathrius decks?

I watched one of his games against Control Shaman where they Denathrius'd him four times, including a Bolner/Bran/Bird combo, and he survived safely because he had a really chunky board. He then mentioned it was one of the things about the deck, that it can assemble high-HP boards quickly, I think with the Amulets and armor gain and stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Oh boy, Cloneball with Snip-Snap in the minion pool.