Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

So are there bagels at this breakfast?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

Oh, man, whom among us

coolusername
Aug 23, 2011

cooltitletext

https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys/status/1391100878963228675?s=21&t=Q_jGvG7Q1sNo_2ys8lAN9A

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
At someone who used to manage the graveyard shift at a Waffle House, can confirm, there's no better place to have life-altering revelations/breakdowns at 4 in the morning.

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

choose your own horror isekai sci-fi Souls-like urban fantasy gamer simulator adventure

or don't?

Radio Paranoia posted:

EAT SIX BILLION HASHBROWNS

buddy, you ain't gotta tell me twice

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Spending 24 billion years in a waffle house due to a lost bet with jadis

A Single Sphink
Feb 10, 2004

COMICS CRIMINAL

Lunatic Sledge posted:

buddy, you ain't gotta tell me twice

:same:

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Synthbuttrange posted:

Spending 24 billion years in a waffle house due to a lost bet with jadis

Yeah I liked Dead Like Me too

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

seeing the shape of the universe doesn't even make it into the top ten most hosed up things to happen at a late night waffle house, she's in good company

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

K6BD Waffle House AU, Zoss pierces the gates of heaven

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aifCP9k7yqE

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Bring me the head of Auguste Escoffier.

ThatBasqueGuy posted:

seeing the shape of the universe doesn't even make it into the top ten most hosed up things to happen at a late night waffle house, she's in good company

That r/relationships story about the boyfriend constantly getting into fist fights with the Waffle House short-order cook over eggs, except KSBD and Jagganoth is the cook.

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

:five:

when you do all the drugs at the party and reality bends sideways, there's still one place you can count on

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC

Lights posted:

For your birthday, we got you the blackest, most brutal gift of all...

If only Allison had been a fan of death metal. She would have been able to handle this a lot better.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead
nothing at all

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
Feels like I'm seeing

GreyjoyBastard posted:

nothing at all

GreyjoyBastard posted:

nothing at all

GreyjoyBastard posted:

nothing at all

Aaaah! Stupid sexy wheel-shaped reality!

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

https://twitter.com/Orbitaldropkick/status/1556419429336076289

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Don't feed him chili

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.

Just wait until Al sees Jeremy Bearimy.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

girl dick energy posted:

At someone who used to manage the graveyard shift at a Waffle House, can confirm, there's no better place to have life-altering revelations/breakdowns at 4 in the morning.

Certain very important thoughts can only exist in the human mind at 4 AM in a Waffle House.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

paragon1 posted:

Certain very important thoughts can only exist in the human mind at 4 AM in a Waffle House.

That's actually what broke Allison here. She experienced every 4 am of every Waffle House simultaneously.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

So many different ways of cooking hash browns. The glory of it all.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

MikeJF posted:

That's actually what broke Allison here. She experienced every 4 am of every Waffle House simultaneously.

The wheel was 4 am, forever.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Kwyndig posted:

And yet my eggs are never cooked to order.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The pinnacle of cloud computing.

Allison witnessed every mandatory Monday-morning meeting that could have been an e-mail.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Kwyndig posted:

They have Waffle House themed parody songs on their jukeboxes, and now I've got one of those pieces of poo poo stuck in my head because of this post. And for the life of me, I can't find it anywhere online.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
Ah, this must be the Garden of Gethsemane.

And we're doing Lay Down Your Burdens.

Can we get a false prophet too?

A.o.D. fucked around with this message at 14:44 on Aug 12, 2022

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

https://twitter.com/Orbitaldropkick/status/1558079646381506561

Wyld Karde
Mar 18, 2013

She's so ~dreamy~
If everything is predetermined, why is Jadis seemingly so bent on persuading Alison of the futility of it all? Either Alison gives up or Alison presses forward, but either way the decision is unchanged.

...and then I recall Jon Osterman being surprised to learn that Dan was sleeping with his wife shortly after telling Dan he was about to be surprised to learn that Dan was sleeping with his wife. Predeterminism gives me a headache.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Wyld Karde posted:

If everything is predetermined, why is Jadis seemingly so bent on persuading Alison of the futility of it all? Either Alison gives up or Alison presses forward, but either way the decision is unchanged.

Because it's what she does!

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

"If" you continue on does seem very significant. As does the future tense on "your friends will suffer and die."

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

where's Marduk from Forming* to bring some hard truth-bombs

edit: forming, not formation

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Wyld Karde posted:

IIRC Operant talked about how not all of the readers are necessarily terminally online enough to have seen this predetermination horse beaten to death over and over--where the people beating the horse have really just created a prison for themselves and are invested in selling their worldview to others for validation.

It probably goes without saying that Jadis/Shape-Hole-Corpse is just trying to explain herself/itself to Allison. Like the other demiurges, she/it feels a weird compulsion to spill the beans to Allison and her cohort. Maybe the demiurges feel a lingering submission to Zoss' authority.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

"Please buy into my bullshit"
/

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Perhaps she wants Allison to refute her conclusion in some way she hasn't thought of.

Though it's not really clear she even has thoughts other than "Ahhhhhhh I see everything make it stop make it stop!"

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

O Muhammad, I seek your intercession with my Lord for the return of my eyesight
im sure she has all the thoughts she is supposed to have at precisely the time she knows she will

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

"Even so"

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

I think a common read of people and their prisons is that we don't like our prisons, despite having made them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a computing pun
Jan 1, 2013

Wyld Karde posted:

If everything is predetermined, why is Jadis seemingly so bent on persuading Alison of the futility of it all?

Well, as stated, it's what she does. but even if it wasn't what she does, I think she'd do it anyway.

Almost nobody is simultaneously as smug and as craving of validation as a person who's convinced they've got it all figured out and the answer is: nihilism. Misery loves company. Being the one who knows that nothing matters (and thinking that's the kind of world-shattering revelation worth basing an entire self-image around) is almost impossible not to start thinking of as a point of pride - unlike the sheeple who believe in gods or absolute morality or the inherent goodness of mankind or earning lots of money or whatever, you're the one who understands the truth.