Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

First Dog on the Moon: What is quiet quitting? It’s not very complicated – simply do the job you were hired to do!

Lenore Taylor is editor of Guardian Australia i.e. First Dog's boss.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa
The way Stiglich draws people like that Newton-John makes me believe that he's got a freezer full of bodies and he uses them as models to his cartoons.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Surprised he didn't blame Larry Krasner of killing her.

Vincent Van Goatse fucked around with this message at 13:52 on Aug 9, 2022

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

skeleton warrior posted:

You're absolutely right, Payne, big corporations shouldn't hide behind woke slogans but should actually practice what they... wait, what? You think that it's actually good that CEOs have big vroom vroom planes that they should burn all the fossil fuels for, and that they all have white CEOs, and you're angry they aren't loud and outspoken like you about how good those things are? Well, okay, then.

I'm so sick of all these woke communist corporations telling us what to do! They have way too much power over us!

But also, doing literally anything to curb their power is communism.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on the ongoing Tory leadership contest – Rishi Sunak has launched a fresh attack on his rival Liz Truss’s plan for tax cuts in an emergency budget"

Telegraph:

:sun: Water companies accused of downgrading leaks until drought crisis looms :supaburn: After Constable.

Matt:

Thames Water to announce hosepipe ban affecting 15 million customers 'in coming weeks'

Times:

Truss rejects ‘handouts’ in favour of tax cuts to help households

Evening Standard:

Donald Trump says FBI agents raided Mar-a-Lago estate

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

That's... actually a good cartoon. Got the whole "illustrating a complex issue with a simple simile" thing I'm always preaching about.

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

Based on how right-wing Twitter is responding to the FBI raid on Mar-A-Lago, we are in for weeks of the most unhinged takes from Lester, Stiglich, and Varvel.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

skeleton warrior posted:

Based on how right-wing Twitter is responding to the FBI raid on Mar-A-Lago, we are in for weeks of the most unhinged takes from Lester, Stiglich, and Varvel.

We were due for those regardless, now we just know what they're going to be about

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

skeleton warrior posted:

Can't wait, bring it on :munch:

Procrastine
Mar 30, 2011

Korthal
May 26, 2011

I'm awaiting all the Gestapo symbolism with the FBI even though since biden is a leftist it'd be more appropriate to use NKVD symbolism.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Korthal posted:

I'm awaiting all the Gestapo symbolism with the FBI even though since biden is a leftist it'd be more appropriate to use NKVD symbolism.
KGB symbolism, because the CHEKA and NKVD never existed. Also, they have no idea what soviet secret police symbolism would even look like.

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013

Xander77 posted:

KGB symbolism

quote:

SPECIAL CARTOON: FBI IS THE NEW GESTAPO

We at GrrrGraphics are on vacation this week, but the FBI raid on Trump’s home was outrageous and shocking. It deserved a cartoon, so I dashed one out.

If it wasn’t clear before, it’s now crystal clear that the FBI works for the Democrat Party. Hillary egregiously broke the law, yet former FBI Director Comey gave her a pass. Fifty top leaders of the security agencies swore to a judge that Hunter’s laptop was Russian propaganda. It was a lie. Why are they not now being prosecuted for perjury?

Trump supporters get the book tossed at them for minor process errors. Hunter Biden commits felonies, smokes crack, launders money, and gets it on with Russian hookers and the FBI protects him instead of prosecuting him. Joe Biden is as dirty as his son, but he suffers no consequences either. Criminals who get away with their crimes will commit more of them. They will continue to make a mockery of justice until they are stopped.

Biden and his party have repeatedly shown that they are all-too willing to target their political opponents and they enjoy using the FBI to humiliate them. The FBI is the muscle that protects the D.C. Swamp. We saw 30 armed FBI agents storm Mar-a-Lago to seize documents. They even cracked Trump’s safe. (It was empty). All of this was done with a questionable warrant. Trump’s lawyers were not allowed to observe what was done during the raid.

Why was the FBI involved at all? Surely the question of whether or not Trump had White House papers could have easily been solved quietly. At the most, it should have been a matter for the Secret Service, not the FBI. But the Democrats wanted another drama show and sure enough, the marxist mainstream media are already calling Trump a criminal.

This gross abuse of power and further weaponization of our justice system is a sign of Democrat desperation. They do not want Trump to run again and so they will invent a reason to rope him in with criminal charges—thus preventing him from running for president again.

The FBI is a disgrace. When I hear from the talking heads that there are problems at the FBI, but there are still plenty of good agents, I say bull. Any honorable people left working for the FBI at this point should resign. Agencies such as the FBI and IRS create fear among the Democrats’ political enemies. The FBI is now America’s Gestapo or KGB. They are enforcing the dictates of a third world banana republic. Yes, that’s what America has become.

We need to break up the FBI completely. Let’s hope Trump does just that when he’s back in office.

— Ben Garrison

And now back to our regularly scheduled vacation

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

:bisonyes:

I haven't been around for a while, but I had to see Garrison's tears.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

You have an organization created by J. Edgar Hoover and now you decide that they are jackbooted thugs? :ok:

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

Nenonen posted:

You have an organization created by J. Edgar Hoover and now you decide that they are jackbooted thugs? :ok:

That's different, it was okay when they targeted MLK and Malcolm X, for definitely not racist reasons.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

quote:

Hunter Biden commits felonies, smokes crack, launders money, and gets it on with Russian hookers and the FBI protects him instead of prosecuting him.

Really just a great sign of how much Ben has abandoned any pretense of being libertarian, like there isn't a lot separating libertarians from your average Republican but most of them at least are against drug laws and criminalizing prostitution. Going "he smoked crack and had sex with hookers, he should be locked up!" is loving pathetic moral majority Republicanism.

quote:

All of this was done with a questionable warrant.

Holy poo poo, I wonder how Ben saw the warrant when nobody else has so far? This is groundbreaking information, he should be posting the text of the warrant and explaining why it's questionable!

quote:

Trump’s lawyers were not allowed to observe what was done during the raid.

Yes, lawyers are usually not present when a search warrant is executed, because usually the cops do not inform people ahead of time when they will be executing it. I guess you could coincidentally be having your lawyer over for a chat when a search warrant is executed, but that's pretty rare and I'm almost positive they wouldn't be allowed to observe anyway.

quote:

When I hear from the talking heads that there are problems at the FBI, but there are still plenty of good agents, I say bull. Any honorable people left working for the FBI at this point should resign.

Wow, it's almost like All Cops Are Bastards or something. Welcome to Antifa, Ben, join us in demanding to defund the police.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Twelve by Pies posted:

Really just a great sign of how much Ben has abandoned any pretense of being libertarian, like there isn't a lot separating libertarians from your average Republican but most of them at least are against drug laws and criminalizing prostitution. Going "he smoked crack and had sex with hookers, he should be locked up!" is loving pathetic moral majority Republicanism.

He lists smoking crack and having sex with hookers as seperate from felonies. What felonies did he commit, Ben? Surely he must have done worse than smoking the devil's rock and having non-marital sex, Ben. We sure wouldn't want someone with a drug addiction who sleeps with people other than his wife anywhere near power now would we, Ben?

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

Nenonen posted:

"Up until now they were assassinating and harassing my enemies, so it was fine"

Ulta
Oct 3, 2006

Snail on my head ready to go.
Why aren’t these old farts making more X Files references. Like Mulder is looking at Trump and is saying something like “I want to believe” or “this case is too far out for me” or “ “Look Scully little orange men”

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

:australia:

Pope:

‘This was her dream’: Olivia Newton-John’s legacy lives on at cancer research centre (Guardian).

Knight:

Shakespeare:

Broelman:

Judith Durham was the lead singer of the Seekers who died last week.

Rowe:

Downes:

Leak, Son of Leak:

Anthony Albanese living it up on holidays just 11 weeks into the job as prime minister as he enjoys a romantic oyster dinner and kayak with Jodie (Daily Mail).

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

Ulta posted:

Why aren’t these old farts making more X Files references. Like Mulder is looking at Trump and is saying something like “I want to believe” or “this case is too far out for me” or “ “Look Scully little orange men”

X-Files conservatives are more conspiracy theory libertarians, believing that the government has too much power, that the FBI is inherently corrupt and should be destroyed, and that adult men should be able to choose to have sex with any alien of any age

Political cartoonist conservatives are much more Andy Griffiths conservatives, believing that everything would be all right if only all power were in the hands of wise Christian father figures and no black people existed

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Too many words.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

Huge slam on the praetorian guard out of nowhere?

I don't think I get this reference. Is there a specific incident?

thisusedyet
Feb 14, 2012

My post... it sucks!!!

DalaranJ posted:

FBI raided Maralago a day or 2 ago because the stable genius had a bunch of classified documents lying around that he wouldn't return to the National Archives.

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Luckovich has a book coming out.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

DalaranJ posted:

The praetorian guard was heavily involved in the selection of a number of emperors, and outright assassinated at least one and replaced him with their own preferred candidate, and told the senate to deal with it. The most famous of these was caligula tho so I'm not sure it's the comparison ben is looking for.

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013
Lalo Alcaraz

Nick Anderson

Robert Ariail

Clay Bennett

Tim Campbell

Jeff Danziger

Matt Davies

John Deering

Al Goodwyn

Bob Gorrell

Phil Hands

Joe Heller

Clay Jones

Jack Ohman

Henry Payne

Rob Rogers

Jen Sorensen

Jeff Stahler

Tom Stiglich

Gary Varvel

Tony Branco

quote:

Grow the IRS Act: The Inflation Reduction act that includes growing the IRS by 87,000 new and weaponized agents to target the middle class.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Second IRS dude looks like he'd vote Trump

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!

OK that 'gestapo' guy is clearly SS.

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

Rall: Kamala Harris: Human Repellent

Ted Rall posted:

Kamala Harris has consistently suffered from very low approval and likability ratings since becoming vice president after her very lackluster primary campaign. Whether her ability to connect with voters was hampered by Biden’s unwillingness to give her something important to do or not, the fact is, people just don’t like her.Kamala Harris has consistently suffered from very low approval and likability ratings since becoming vice president after her very lackluster primary campaign. Whether her ability to connect with voters was hampered by Biden’s unwillingness to give her something important to do or not, the fact is, people just don’t like her.
If that is how it is on his website then that is how I will quote it. :colbert:

First Dog on the Moon: Today we mourn the loss of a brave soldier in the battle against coronavirus. Thank you CovidSafe app!!!

Australia retires $21m CovidSafe contact-tracing app that found just two unique cases (Guardian).

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

thatbastardken posted:

OK that 'gestapo' guy is clearly SS.
He's on vacation with friends, he has a limited selection of reference works.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=anjbOuMiGXY&t=90s

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes
With all we know about him I think Garrison not having a detailed knowledge of Nazi uniforms is one of the rare points in his favour

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011

DalaranJ posted:

Judging from the spear, I think Garrison is going for the soldier who pierced Jesus on the cross...

Angepain posted:

With all we know about him I think Garrison not having a detailed knowledge of Nazi uniforms is one of the rare points in his favour

Some artists like to challenge themselves by drawing their favourite things from memory. Any alterations is Garrison wish fullfilment.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Twelve by Pies posted:

Yes, lawyers are usually not present when a search warrant is executed, because usually the cops do not inform people ahead of time when they will be executing it. I guess you could coincidentally be having your lawyer over for a chat when a search warrant is executed, but that's pretty rare and I'm almost positive they wouldn't be allowed to observe anyway.
Huh. I actually started to cite Russian law (which tries to ensure the cops don't "find" anything that wasn't there), but I suppose it's more liberal than US search warrant rules.

kartikeya
Mar 17, 2009

Trapezium Dave posted:

Rall: Kamala Harris: Human Repellent

If that is how it is on his website then that is how I will quote it. :colbert:

Ah, I see we've returned to the old well of "that shrill bitch". Rall must have slept in.

Knuckle Sammich
May 4, 2009

Sorry to say but the credibility looks intact.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

PowerBeard posted:

Judging from the spear, I think Garrison is going for the soldier who pierced Jesus on the cross...

Pilum is just standard armament for Roman soldiers.

The praetorian guard were the emperor's body guards who also played a big political role, for example helping Caligula to succeed Tiberius and eventually turning against him. Just like FBI and Trump :v: