Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: fart simpson)

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 20 days!)

stephenthinkpad posted:

I don't know about that. The Soviet lost the geopolitic contest with the US in the middle east region pretty early. That's how the US took control over Egypt and Saudi and eventually imposed her world order agenda over it via Carter doctrine and the petrodollar. Petrodollar was what killed the Soviet and the new OPEC+ alliance now is what's helping Russia sustain her new war in 2022.

This doesn't contradict what I said, it supports it. The Soviets and the Warsaw Pact would have won any conventional war in Europe with little doubt for decades, but the Soviets & Chinese also weren't in a position to challenge American action around the world. The United States came out of WW2 unscathed and in the best geographical position to realize global power projection. We could go where we wanted and do what we wanted while the Soviets were kept in check in Europe by nuclear weapons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

Horatius Bonar posted:

Again at the hands of the 英文.

Are you just putting "English" into Google translate? This is the second time 英文 has been posted for what clearly is intended to be 英国人.

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin

ikanreed posted:

Are you just putting "English" into Google translate? This is the second time 英文 has been posted for what clearly is intended to be 英国人.

lol

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
Tsai English would be a good name.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

ikanreed posted:

Goons shouldn't be allowed to post in here until they post their HSK level.

Horatius Bonar
Sep 8, 2011

ikanreed posted:

Wade in here with your guiles drat. Help me workshop this, how do I connect yingwen to ingwen better.

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

it means brave culture

Horatius Bonar
Sep 8, 2011

stephenthinkpad posted:

Tsai English would be a good name.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

Horatius Bonar posted:

Wade in here with your guiles drat. Help me workshop this, how do I connect yingwen to ingwen better.

Okay, so I'm missing something, but I don't know what I'm missing.

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

ikanreed posted:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tsai_Ing-wen

The president of Taiwan's name is 英文 which coincidentally means The English Language

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Drake No: 蔡英文
Drake Yes: 肏英文

Horatius Bonar
Sep 8, 2011

ikanreed posted:

It's not literally spelled "guiles" in English

- that guy

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
my handwriting is so awful idk that I’d have graduated elementary school if I had to write Chinese characters

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
wade-giles or death

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Latest Brain in a Jar take

Horatius Bonar
Sep 8, 2011

Raskolnikov38 posted:

wade-giles or death

I pick option #4 here

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

KomradeX posted:

Hell yeah.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

KomradeX posted:

what is the jobs crisis? too many jobs?

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

indigi posted:

Don't know, laughed at it and thought I'd share the obvious bullshit

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I still see breathless articles about the imminent collapse of the Chinese housing market, spun out from that one regional bank that was scamming people. There was also evergrande or w/e last year that was going to destabilize the entire nation!! The production of these articles is just nonstop

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!
China constantly on the verge of crisis.

Meanwhile in the West, crises everywhere.

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
I read a quasi Ghost City news item recently. And it was being built by Evergreen. So you got bang-bang 2 birds with one stone.

DiscountDildos
Nov 8, 2017

I got a good laugh recently when some article postulated that Xi was trying to ensure he maintained his power by manufacturing a Taiwan problem to distract from China's collapsing economy and COVID crisis. This was posted like a couple days after it was announced that Biden literally has the corona virus disease 2019 lmao not to mention the economic poo poo and the mid term doom and gloom

Horatius Bonar
Sep 8, 2011

china is already full of crumbling infrastructure

we can blame colonialism for one of those!

Kassad
Nov 12, 2005

It's about time.

indigi posted:

High youth unemployment and the government possibly creating a bunch of public sector jobs as a response. The thing about Mao is because of some government program from a few years ago that gives incentives for young graduates to go work in the countryside for a bit. It's all voluntary but so was Mao's down to the countryside program at first, really makes u think.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Kassad posted:

High youth unemployment and the government possibly creating a bunch of public sector jobs as a response.

someone in here told me that always happens after the most recent class graduates, is this just western media making hay over nothing or is it worse this year, also how is creating public sector jobs a crisis lmao that sounds very good

Horatius Bonar
Sep 8, 2011

ikanreed posted:

Anyway I'd use 英國 since the language lands better if you think of it in terms of Taiwanese Official characters

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Horatius Bonar posted:

china is already full of crumbling infrastructure

we can blame colonialism for one of those!

That second picture looks cool as poo poo though

Kassad
Nov 12, 2005

It's about time.

indigi posted:

someone in here told me that always happens after the most recent class graduates, is this just western media making hay over nothing or is it worse this year, also how is creating public sector jobs a crisis lmao that sounds very good

It's apparently higher than previous years because, you know, record inflation all over the planet (the article is of course mostly blaming zero covid). It's just probably not going to lead to the communist party eating poo poo.

Horatius Bonar
Sep 8, 2011

KomradeX posted:

That second picture looks cool as poo poo though

Yeah it's off the beaten track though, didn't make it there.

Did see the other one though, did not expect "tree house" to be a literal translation.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Horatius Bonar posted:

If I saw the jade cabbage on my plate I'd send it back because it's got bugs in it.

If I saw the meat shaped stone in my lu rou fan I'd break my loving teeth on it.

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Looks like Nancy got a phone call
https://twitter.com/Breaking911/status/1557034126305370112

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

lmfao

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
"I dunno why.... except there's some commercial interst, that would like to diminish.... the relationship"

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!

indigi posted:

Uhh government inefficient at everything so therefore governments creating public sector jobs is all fake jobs to hide unemployment. This explains why China is so unproductive and produces almost no physical commodities nor infrastructure.

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

:xickos:

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011

did her brain short circuit and make her say china when she meant to refer to taiwan??

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

mila kunis posted:

did her brain short circuit and make her say china when she meant to refer to taiwan??

taiwan is part of china so there's no mistake there :hmmyes:

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

mila kunis posted:

I was thinking the same thing, I'm looking for the original interview but she does mention the 1 China policy so probably not :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I think she's just r-worded