Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

https://twitter.com/AmongUsGame/status/1534914465413619716?t=ENQ5ZOJkCmdSeCjfIik0NQ&s=19

Lmfao

Edit:

https://twitter.com/iFireMonkey/status/1534910632549617665?t=KLw3tVaJwn19YnvyNTvZlA&s=19

Mix. fucked around with this message at 16:43 on Jun 9, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

I realized today that I'm addicted to shooting out other players' tires whenever they're driving literally anything.

:getin:

I won't even necessarily aim at them to kill them, I just love ruining their ride.

That's how I be vibin'.

interpunct
Aug 2, 2006

Bad girls think that you're being a boob punch

Not sure why none of the official channels are announcing this, but if you play 100 rounds of Fall Guys before July 11th, you can earn free cosmetics for Fortnite and Rocket League. Just make sure all those games are connected to the same Epic Games account.

EDIT:

Here’s the official blog post - https://www.epicgames.com/fortnite/en-US/news/crown-clash-earn-rewards-in-fortnite-fall-guys-and-rocket-league

interpunct fucked around with this message at 17:45 on Jun 30, 2022

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

What counts as a round in Fall Guys? A whole game or each individual event?

interpunct
Aug 2, 2006

Bad girls think that you're being a boob punch

SeANMcBAY posted:

What counts as a round in Fall Guys? A whole game or each individual event?

Each individual event counts as a round.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

So I recently stated playing this and had a question. Right now I’m at battle pass level 50, do I have any hope of getting to 90 before the season ends?

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

So I recently stated playing this and had a question. Right now I’m at battle pass level 50, do I have any hope of getting to 90 before the season ends?

Yeah, I'd say so. Do your dailies, the seasonal and weekly quests, and you'll be rolling in xp. There are also some (kinda bullshit) creative modes that people have made that actually give XP. They're legit, surprisingly enough.

Dalaram
Jun 6, 2002

Marshall/Kirtaner 8/24 nevar forget! (omg pedo)

You can do 90 and beyond. I left off at 50 a few weeks ago, and banged out 50-95 in about a week, playing a couple hours a few nights. Start focusing on weekly quests - you can usually knock out 3-5 a match. You can also do those in parallel with the vibin’ quests.

Don’t focus on winning; you get much less experience playing as a battle royals. just organically open as many chests and ammo boxes, and hit some milestone quests as targets of opportunity (use ripsaws to destroy stuff; ride wolves, etc)

Abalone Malone
Jul 26, 2002

do the weekly and "vibin" challenges
farm the" destory structures" milestone with a truck with cow catchers

Dalaram
Jun 6, 2002

Marshall/Kirtaner 8/24 nevar forget! (omg pedo)

Abalone Malone posted:

do the weekly and "vibin" challenges
farm the" destory structures" milestone with a truck with cow catchers

There may be one; but I wouldn’t grind out the milestone ones by themselves - they generally offer only 5-7k exp per milestone, below what you can get doing weeklies and vibin chains. Just get those organically. (Like thank the bus driver every match, always pick up a bounty when near a board; always unload all your ripsaw blades into buildings)

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Yeah I think the season's only halfway over and typically they add more and more ways to get XP as it goes on (like, in addition to the standard weekly quests). Usually getting to 100 isn't too bad, the post-100 rewards (generally recolors of other skins) are a grind though

IncredibleIgloo
Feb 17, 2011

Playing Team Rumble is a good way to make XP. Not only do you get to experience more fighting and get better at the weapons more quickly as compared to Battle Royal, you can still do most quests in Team Rumble. So quests that might be hard to do in 1 life, well you get a lot more lives in Team Rumble.

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

They've also been adding bundles in the last month or so of each season that give you a unique skin + accessories as well as giving you like 20-ish levels just for finding the stuff on the map, so that also serves as a way of catching up/getting some of the 100-200 levels out of the way.

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

goferchan posted:

Yeah I think the season's only halfway over and typically they add more and more ways to get XP as it goes on (like, in addition to the standard weekly quests). Usually getting to 100 isn't too bad, the post-100 rewards (generally recolors of other skins) are a grind though

Speaking of, I'm disappointed we don't get technicolor Darth Vader skins

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Great! Glad to know I’m not too late. I’ve definitely been prioritizing weekly quests, I try to pick one to do every time I do a round.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

IncredibleIgloo posted:

Playing Team Rumble is a good way to make XP. Not only do you get to experience more fighting and get better at the weapons more quickly as compared to Battle Royal, you can still do most quests in Team Rumble. So quests that might be hard to do in 1 life, well you get a lot more lives in Team Rumble.

I didn't realize this; awesome.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Should I be stingy with these stars? I want to make sure I have enough to get Darth Vader when I unlock that tier, but for all I know I’ll have so many when I get to him it won’t be an issue.

Where do you find Reality Seeds? I have several quests related to them, but I think I’ve found like 3 across all the rounds I’ve played

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

You can literally only get Vader at Level 100 with how the content is gated in the battle pass, so spend the stars however you want, you’ll be guaranteed to have enough by the time you can unlock Vader. 5 stars per level.

Reality seeds are found wherever there’s a pink tree on the map, they’re usually located in little purple pods you can break open, where they come slowly flying down. some reality trees (the kinda fungusy looking ethereal trees) have fruit (usually at the top of the tree, color coded to item rarity) and sometimes those drop seeds as well.

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

Should I be stingy with these stars? I want to make sure I have enough to get Darth Vader when I unlock that tier, but for all I know I’ll have so many when I get to him it won’t be an issue.

it's set up so you'll have exactly enough to get all the rewards by the time you hit 100, then the same goes for the bonus rewards from 101-200. you just get to pick what order you want to get stuff (somewhat) so if you don't think you'll be able to finish the pass but have specific cosmetics you want you can prioritize those (or, say, if an early skin you really want to use so you focus to get that)

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Sandwolf posted:

You can literally only get Vader at Level 100 with how the content is gated in the battle pass, so spend the stars however you want, you’ll be guaranteed to have enough by the time you can unlock Vader. 5 stars per level

Technically you could get him at 90 when the page unlocks if you saved up previous stars, right? But yeah, level 100 gets you enough to unlock everything on the pass

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

goferchan posted:

Technically you could get him at 90 when the page unlocks if you saved up previous stars, right? But yeah, level 100 gets you enough to unlock everything on the pass

Nah cuz Vader is the “unlock everything else on this page first” guy

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Sandwolf posted:

Nah cuz Vader is the “unlock everything else on this page first” guy

I got him at 90 after saving up stars. Once I fully unlocked the page at 90, I was able to buy everything on the page.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
DragonBall comes to fortnite next week!

Hoping they have some mechanical tie in to go with it, there's a lot of fun stuff they could do beyond just skins.

Either way though I'm hype.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

King Burgundy posted:

I got him at 90 after saving up stars. Once I fully unlocked the page at 90, I was able to buy everything on the page.

Curse you King Burgundy.. CURSE YOOOOU

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

It's time....for the MAIN event!
They gave Goku a gun. We're hosed.

https://twitter.com/FortniteGame/status/1559451524094377985?t=hKHfZFvna0yiJZW6HcRHWQ&s=19

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Comes with $8 in vbucks

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
To kill Son Goku with with Darth Vaders lightsaber as Bulma is a transcendent experience.

Weebly
May 6, 2007

General Chaos wants you!
College Slice
Every 3 kills I power up Vegeta

ProfessorMarvel
Jan 6, 2021

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.
I flew to Kami House, then destroyed it, plank by plank, while Bulma watched. That's for all the times you made her uncomfortable by violating her consent, Mitch McConnell :bahgawd::vince::ssj:

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

https://twitter.com/savinthebees/status/1559708003611291649?s=21&t=83JcejBNqc6MC9-T56Jh_g

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

This may be an absurd question, but are there any Fortnite YouTubers that you all watch or follow?

IncredibleIgloo
Feb 17, 2011

This may be an absurd question, but are there any Fortnite YouTubers that you all watch or follow?

Jason Mewes, aka Jay from "Jay and Silent Bob" primarily does Twitch, but occasionally ports their stuff over to youtube. I rather enjoy him!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bsb693_q7VA

I also really like Felicia Day, she streams on Twitch as well but puts a lot of her stuff on YouTube. She plays with Amy Okuda from the Guild a lot, and sometimes they get the whole group together. Lots of fun! They are not exactly try-hards and seem to focus more on having fun.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cXiw2z0Xl8k

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

https://twitter.com/ShiinaBR/status/1561105142421901313?s=20&t=lniybfDUlyWJSRUMA01q7A

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuck me

heavily considering downloading destiny 2 depending on how easy it is to get that drift, he's still a skin I use super regularly :eng99:

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Oh motherfucker

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

Mix. posted:

https://twitter.com/ShiinaBR/status/1561105142421901313?s=20&t=lniybfDUlyWJSRUMA01q7A

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuck me

heavily considering downloading destiny 2 depending on how easy it is to get that drift, he's still a skin I use super regularly :eng99:

So they gave up on trying to rebrand that turd as Destiny: New Light, huh?

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
I started playing Fortnite again. I know there are bots, but lord the players are worse than when I quit before. I'm enjoying the game though. I'll take the victory royales.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

The matchmaking makes a huge difference in that regard. I've been queuing with an ultra-sweat team recently (I'm just average) and the players at that level are major pains in the rear end. Take any damage and you immediately have a full team rifting on top of you type of poo poo.

It's made me kind of sick of the game actually, like if I'm not playing at my absolute best I'm going to end every game with 0 kills.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

PantsBandit posted:

The matchmaking makes a huge difference in that regard. I've been queuing with an ultra-sweat team recently (I'm just average) and the players at that level are major pains in the rear end. Take any damage and you immediately have a full team rifting on top of you type of poo poo.

It's made me kind of sick of the game actually, like if I'm not playing at my absolute best I'm going to end every game with 0 kills.

Does the game have skill based matchmaking?

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

Mr Hootington posted:

Does the game have skill based matchmaking?

Yep.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
I started playing this again for the first time in years. No build mode makes the game so much better.