Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

Upsidads posted:

The Ring rules, same result

i do not want a slightly damp alex jones crawling through my monitor

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Confusedslight
Jan 9, 2020
Looks like the Lafferty case in Connecticut is potentially streaming at 2pm Connecticut time tomorrow https://jud.ct.gov/PublicAccess/CourtList.aspx?d=Waterbury

It's probably pre trial stuff I don't know but here's the link to the YouTube channel it will be on if it is on stream!
https://youtube.com/channel/UCUAU9BGUEHhmL4ZjQna3fHw

Confusedslight fucked around with this message at 09:33 on Aug 10, 2022

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Confusedslight posted:

Looks like the Lafferty case in Connecticut is potentially streaming at 2pm Connecticut time tomorrow https://jud.ct.gov/PublicAccess/CourtList.aspx?d=Waterbury

It's probably pre trial stuff I don't know but here's the link to the YouTube channel it will be on if it does stream!

Awesome! I might check this out if I remember

Confusedslight
Jan 9, 2020
The YouTube channel for that court room is strange. All the videos uploaded are 9 hour live streams showing nothing except "No Proceedings Currently Streaming. Please wait for the next proceeding to begin". And there's 16 of them. So I wouldn't hold my breath. But it might be fine! Who knows.

Confusedslight fucked around with this message at 10:18 on Aug 10, 2022

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

teen witch posted:

We will never get the entirety, but I think drips and drabs will come out

Well I'd imagine how much we get will depend on how much ends up being used in various law suits, and probably more just descriptions of stuff, and maybe a few direct quotes from the more damning stuff.

Mostly I'm really hope for some of the Tucker conversations stuff. Also whatever the hell the senator stuff is.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

SilvergunSuperman posted:

I don't think that tracks or people would be intentionally leaking my_crimes.txt to make them impermissible, no?

I don't know, I guess since it came from the defendant it might be okay? If Bankston were to slap that online it seems like it'd be bad though?

Xakura
Jan 10, 2019

A safety-conscious little mouse!

Confusedslight posted:

The YouTube channel for that court room is strange. All the videos uploaded are 9 hour live streams showing nothing except "No Proceedings Currently Streaming. Please wait for the next proceeding to begin". And there's 16 of them. So I wouldn't hold my breath. But it might be fine! Who knows.

No proceeding where anything actually happened would be available afterward. Catch them live, or not at all.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

ilmucche posted:

I don't know, I guess since it came from the defendant it might be okay? If Bankston were to slap that online it seems like it'd be bad though?

While the judge was fine with the defendants having the information as most of it should of been part of discovery anyway, I believe that there is still extra steps that need to be taken before it can be officially entered into the public record as evidence, so publicly accessible.

Confusedslight
Jan 9, 2020

Xakura posted:

No proceeding where anything actually happened would be available afterward. Catch them live, or not at all.

That makes sense! I am dumb.

Confusedslight fucked around with this message at 13:09 on Aug 10, 2022

Borscht
Jun 4, 2011

Confusedslight posted:

I've been trying to get my old man brain to figure out this too. Best I can tell they need a video after the stream is over to post but they don't actually want the stream saved. Law and crime did the same thing.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Borscht posted:

I've been trying to get my old man brain to figure out this too. Best I can tell they need a video after the stream is over to post but they don't actually want the stream saved. Law and crime did the same thing.

Even when the trail was ongoing, it wasn't possible to rewind it back like you usually can with youtube streams. I'm sure somebody actually recorded it though.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

PITY BONER posted:

Goons, how long do we have to wait until someone leaks what is apparently a TROVE of Alex's dick pics? It appears his phone had a ton dick photos, and I'm keen to judge the man based on his benis.

We won’t. Mark Bankston made clear that he personally reviewed and redacted everything like that so his own staff wouldn’t be exposed. We’re not getting Jones dick pics that can be sourced back to Bankston.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Confusedslight posted:

It's probably pre trial stuff I don't know but here's the link to the YouTube channel it will be on if it is on stream!

This is for one of the two show cause hearings. I believe today is Pattis. The Lafferty case is on hold at least until the 24th of this month (successfully delaying jury trial for at least a month) because the judge moved the hearing from the 5th to the 24th to consolidate everything into one hearing.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Mr. Nice! posted:

We won’t. Mark Bankston made clear that he personally reviewed and redacted everything like that so his own staff wouldn’t be exposed. We’re not getting Jones dick pics that can be sourced back to Bankston.

Wouldn’t the Jan 6 committee get the unredacted file? Save for medical records that Bankston destroyed.

KitConstantine
Jan 11, 2013

Mr. Nice! posted:

This is for one of the two show cause hearings. I believe today is Pattis. The Lafferty case is on hold at least until the 24th of this month (successfully delaying jury trial for at least a month) because the judge moved the hearing from the 5th to the 24th to consolidate everything into one hearing.

What do you think delaying the trial for a month accomplish for Jones side other than dragging this out more? Or is that enough by itself?

I just don't see the advantages, especially since it's another default judgement case.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
More time to hide money.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY

KitConstantine posted:

What do you think delaying the trial for a month accomplish for Jones side other than dragging this out more? Or is that enough by itself?

I just don't see the advantages, especially since it's another default judgement case.

Jones has already spun this like it's a spectacle to punish him. Even though the reason he's being punished is empirically sound and easily identified, he's able to make it seem like 'I did all i could and they're doing x, y, and z!'. It's essentially protracted martyrdom.

wit
Jul 26, 2011
So just to play devils advocate for a moment. When Reynal made a point of not even objecting when Mark Bankston had his Perry Mason moment, I got to thinking. This info is going to be used in every case involving Alex Jones now. Is it possible that Jones' team can get a sympathetic judge to declare it privilege after the case, thereby setting off a series of mistrials since it would mean that basically all evidence was somehow contaminated by it?

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005
:justflu:

wit posted:

So just to play devils advocate for a moment. When Reynal made a point of not even objecting when Mark Bankston had his Perry Mason moment, I got to thinking. This info is going to be used in every case involving Alex Jones now. Is it possible that Jones' team can get a sympathetic judge to declare it privilege after the case, thereby setting off a series of mistrials since it would mean that basically all evidence was somehow contaminated by it?

No. Reynal should have objected immediately but was too busy making GBS threads himself. They also had 10 days to say what was sent was privileged so both chances they had to stop this have sailed

the yeti
Mar 29, 2008

memento disco

Morter posted:

protracted martyrdom.

There’s two pages in the right wing playbook and one of them says this

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

teen witch posted:

Obviously don’t leak someone’s nudes or private info. We will never get the entirety, but I think drips and drabs will come out

'Dribs and drabs' is probably a good descriptor

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

wit posted:

this doesn't really make sense, no

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Main Paineframe posted:

this doesn't really make sense, no

That hasn't been a consideration for AJ and his team so far.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

teen witch posted:

Obviously don’t leak someone’s nudes or private info. We will never get the entirety, but I think drips and drabs will come out

I thought since Alex Jones was a public figure that made it okay

KrunkMcGrunk
Jul 2, 2007

Sometimes I sit and think, and sometimes I just sit.

post the Alex Jones nudes!!!! Embrace chaos!!!

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug
So Alex Jones sent nudes of his wife to Roger Stone and probably sent pictures of himself hanging dong to Tucker Carlson (and Tucker gladly replied in kind). That’s the only “personally embarrassing” thing I can imagine that Tucker is freaking out about, since he’s basically saying all the racist-as-all-hell poo poo on his TV show every day.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

personally I hope Alex jones nudes don't leak so I don't inevitably see them

wit
Jul 26, 2011

hemale in pain posted:

They're not going to, these are legal cases involving money, its not been sold to perez hilton by his maid or something.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Rinkles posted:

Wouldn’t the Jan 6 committee get the unredacted file? Save for medical records that Bankston destroyed.

I don’t think Bankston is transmitting the dick pics to anyone ever. Even if he has free access to the info, actually sharing that stuff might open him up to liability. I believe him when he says he redacted those things so that no one will have to see them.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

hemale in pain posted:

The nudes might not leak, but there's probably gonna be a LOT of texts with Roger Stone about labia.

...And oh God I just remembered Kent State Gun Girl tweeting "Alex Jones eats rear end" - we're gonna get sexts between those two :gonk::barf:

Confusedslight
Jan 9, 2020
I just feel sorry for Mark for having potentially seen them. Can imagine that being a bit of a buzz kill.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I would have a mosaic as my phone lockscreen.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Mr. Nice! posted:

I don’t think Bankston is transmitting the dick pics to anyone ever. Even if he has free access to the info, actually sharing that stuff might open him up to liability. I believe him when he says he redacted those things so that no one will have to see them.

you see, that's the trick to hiding your crimes.

Dick Pick Steganography

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Tunicate posted:

you see, that's the trick to hiding your crimes.

Dick Pick Steganography

What you are saying that that in order to secure communication effectively, people would need to write messages on their dick, take a pic, and send that to the recipient?

I'll just let my communication remain insecure

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

ilmucche posted:

As funny as it would be to have the entirety of the phone leak to the public in my head it seems like that would make it not usable as evidence? Or would have negative consequences for future plaintiffs

Not really no. When it comes to criminal trials, there’s the doctrine of the fruit of the poisonous tree that if the state illegally obtains evidence then it should not be admissible in most cases and any actions taken by the state as the result of that evidence should not be admissible or legal either. Like everything, there are tons of exceptions to this doctrine but the doctrine applies in almost every situation where the state is directly involved in collecting or encouraging others to collect the evidence.

All of the below are really general examples of how this doctrine applies but again it is relevant to criminal trials only and wouldn’t apply here at all.

Example: Cops break into house without a warrant and no extenuating circumstances that would excuse it. They seize a bunch of drugs and charge the owners of the house with drug crimes. This would be thrown out in a lot of situations because the cops broke in illegally.

While there, the cops also found a ledger showing that the owners were engaged in money laundering which was not at all on their radar. The cops can separately investigate the money laundering to find other evidence but the ledger is likely inadmissible.

Example 2: A cop tells a Info Wars employee that if they steal Alex’s phone and send him a copy that they will pay him for it. The state uses the copy of Alex’s phone to prosecute him. Will likely be thrown out because the cop encouraged someone to carry to conduct an illegal search on their behalf.

Example 3: An info wars employee steals Alex’s phone and finds CSAM on it. He turns the phone over to the cops. The cops had no involvement until the employee came to them with the phone. This is likely admissible in most all jurisdictions because the cops did not solicit it.

This is all way over simplified so that we don’t get lost in a lot of legal details. So even in the criminal trial example, Jones phone would be free game because it was given to a civil actor and not solicited by the state as part of an illegal search.

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

Oh, yeah. Loud and clear. Emphasis on LOUD!
~ David Lee Roth

Mr. Nice! posted:

I'm now dreading Alex getting the idea of leaking them himself and blaming the lawyers.

Wouldn't be a smart idea, but it's not something I'd put past him.

ryde
Sep 9, 2011

God I love young girls
I hate Alex Jones and am getting a lot of schaudenfraud out of this phone thing, but I kinda wish that Mark wouldn't talk about the contents in interviews since it kind of comes off as unprofessional.

Edit: That being said, I would also find it incredibly difficult to not dunk on Alex Jones, so.... glass houses, stones, etc.

ryde fucked around with this message at 17:15 on Aug 10, 2022

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
It's true, 60% of dick picks on the internet contain secret messages being communicated by deep cover agents. They have to send them to lots of people to hide who their handler is.

Heh. Handler.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

that's a good explanation, thank you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
It looks like the Show Cause hearing for Pattis won't happen today because his lawyer has covid. There will just be a scheduling hearing today to determine when the show cause hearing will happen.

Pattis also filed a motion for extension saying he has to appear in bankruptcy court today at 2:00pm but there's nothing currently on the court's schedule for that.