Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

The Saint's Row character creator is much better than GTAV's but still too ugly by half

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJBuddy
Sep 22, 2008

Now I do not know whether I was then a head coach dreaming I was a Saints fan, or whether I am now a Saints fan, dreaming I am a head coach.

Lifespan posted:

401k is 50% match (which is pretty much the standard these days). Medical is excellent with free (it is taxed though) great coverage for employees and dependents/spouses and a $5k deductible with a bonus $1500 HSA deposit every 6 months. The benefits are excellent and the only downside is that stock awards vest over 5 years which is a bit long and increases to vacation time only happen every ~6 years. The old system was even better but had to be phased out when the ACA happened as it covered the employee and any dependents/spouse for free with $0 out of pocket everywhere. No joke, you walk in to any health care facility in the world (that takes any insurance) and drop your card and never pay a dime. Anything not covered by insurance was billed directly to Microsoft. It was insane.

And that's how you talk about white collar benefits in a gaming thread.

Sorry I meant match over full contribution rather than the typical 2-6% scales.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
I messed around with Ryse the other day in my Series S and I cannot believe this game is ten years old. Looks amazing, especially on a VRR screen (it's 30fps I think so this is a big qol thing).

Seems kinda fun, combat is sort of... rhythm game ish?

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

External Organs posted:

I messed around with Ryse the other day in my Series S and I cannot believe this game is ten years old. Looks amazing, especially on a VRR screen (it's 30fps I think so this is a big qol thing).

Seems kinda fun, combat is sort of... rhythm game ish?

I'd assume that it's completely locked at 30 because of how much more powerful modern consoles are over the launch bone, which would mean that VRR isn't able to do its thing?

Did Ryse get Xbox One X updated or is it pure vanilla bone? Is it on game pass?

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

Twerk from Home posted:

I'd assume that it's completely locked at 30 because of how much more powerful modern consoles are over the launch bone, which would mean that VRR isn't able to do its thing?

Did Ryse get Xbox One X updated or is it pure vanilla bone? Is it on game pass?

That's an interesting point. I guess I'll just say it seemed smooth with no tearing :shrug:

Yeah it's on gamepass, and it is, I believe, still vanilla Xbone.

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
I ended up loathing Ryse by the time I finished it but I wish there was a sequel that ironed out the gameplay and storytelling.

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

A few weeks back I deliberately let my gpu sub expire so I could redeem that ‘$1 for 1 month of game pass ultimate (new subscribers only)’ deal that was on the summer sale

This is probably obvious but for my fellow cheapskates i can confirm that letting a sub or membership expire does NOT break any gamepass quests/microsoft rewards streaks you got goin

otter
Jul 23, 2007

Ask me about my XCOM and controller collection

word.

priznat posted:

Apparently the family plan won’t work with xbox all access, sort that out phil what the hell!!

im 99% sure the reason is they don't want someone subscribing to All Access and then adding 3 friends on (as opposed to actual family members) for a total of $10/mo.
My All Access ends in November (I cannot believe it's been a year and a half since this thing has come out) and I have been wanting the family plan to happen for a long, long time.

404notfound
Mar 5, 2006

stop staring at me

Lifespan posted:

Every Xbox employee gets Game Pass Ultimate for free and every Microsoft employee got a free year of it at some point in the last couple of years. Xbox employees also get every digital game published by Microsoft on Xbox and PC/Steam. It's an awesome perk.

AFAIK every employee under MS gets the benefits, even acquired companies. You get a Game Pass Ultimate one-year code for free, with another one becoming available every 11 months.

Even if you didn't have that perk, there's a 50% employee discount on all Xbox-related software stuff (hardware discounts aren't as good, except for controllers), so you can still get pretty cheap Game Pass, especially if you combine it with the three-year conversion trick

MikeRabsitch
Aug 23, 2004

Show us what you got, what you got
Alright I'll break the tension and say Wildlands might be a good game. I wish the Ubisoft servers for it weren't a hot mess so I could do more co-op hijinx. I wish vehicles controlled better. Going loud is usually a death sentence. However, it's pretty satisfying ghosting around and infiltrating bases and outposts. I've also had some crazy emergent moments surviving by the skin of my teeth that reminded me of the first Mercenaries. Worth trying if you're curious.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

So by reading some of the replies I’m guessing that this game really isn’t worth $10?

https://twitter.com/wario64/status/1557230598862675975?s=21&t=4XTch3O2afA-rm4H6r0BJg

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

MarcusSA posted:

So by reading some of the replies I’m guessing that this game really isn’t worth $10?

https://twitter.com/wario64/status/1557230598862675975?s=21&t=4XTch3O2afA-rm4H6r0BJg

nah and it will be dead as a doornail when mw2 comes out in october.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
If you see yourself enjoying a really pretty but boring as hell 8 hour FPS single player campaign then it might be worth :10bux:. Absolutely don't buy it if you want to try multiplayer though.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Im just assuming all old CoD games will be added to gamepass so why buy any now???

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Beat the cuphead dlc.
It looked great but was dissapointed in the challenge of the bosses. It felt on par with the easiest levels of the base game especially once i accidently gave myself double health by walking in a circle 3 times before the final boss without knowing that was a secret baby help mechanic and being stuck with 6 hp and rising cause i was using the parry health gain perk

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Barudak posted:

Im just assuming all old CoD games will be added to gamepass so why buy any now???

Yah exactly, if you want to play the singleplayer.. unless you really have nothing else to play right now!

I got bored of the singleplayer extremely quickly. The usual CoD limited corridors with extremely predictable setpiece action that just happens automatically.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Vanguard sucks play mw2019 instead to hype for mw2022

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Is that the series x version ? I’d buy that for 10 tbh

Zerot
Aug 18, 2006

MarcusSA posted:

The campaign has some neat set pieces and I think there were some interesting ideas, but it's the worst Call of Duty campaign since Call of Duty 3 and I don't think it's close.

Like, I have significantly more fondness for Black Ops Cold War's campaign than the one in Vanguard.

If you've played every other campaign in the series you might as well play this one, because it probably won't get any cheaper than $10 until it eventually arrives on Game Pass.

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Is that the series x version ? I’d buy that for 10 tbh

It is not.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Fuggedaboutit

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

* For the Ghost Who Walks Funny
It says series X on the packaging?

FWIW i thought it was the worst CoD campaign in a long while, and I loved Black Ops Cold War, wouldn’t buy it again even for 10 bucks

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Zwille posted:

It says series X on the packaging?

that's the One code running on Series X

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

Quantum of Phallus posted:

that's the One code running on Series X

Stupid newbie question: How do you tell if games actually are making use of the Series X?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Zwille posted:

Stupid newbie question: How do you tell if games actually are making use of the Series X?

If you look at them in your app library on Xbox, they should have a little X/S logo in the corner, or they will be in a section called Optimised for Xbox Series.
The true Series titles also won't run from an external USB drive.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Zwille posted:

Check the library icon:

For non S|X-specific games, you can also pull up the Xbox Guide ingame and icons will appear in the top right denoting if FPS Boost etc. are enabled for that game.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Activision pulls that phony series x nonsense all the time. Hurry up and swallow them Phil.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
Vanguard sucks, I say this as a CoD enjoyer who spends hundreds of hours a year on Warzone and at least 100 hours on the yearly multiplayer offering, Vanguard included.

I can remember maybe one cool level from the campaign.

Just play Titanfall 2 again if you wanna spend an afternoon blasting through a campaign.

Zat
Jan 16, 2008

Zwille posted:

Very carefully. It really is way too easy to confuse the 2, but the actual answer is to look for the small square Series X sticker on the corner. If you find one, you'll know it's the actual Series X version.

Here are the 2 variants of CoD: Vanguard. New-gen version on the left, last-gen version on the right (though these also happen to be EU and NA covers respectively, since I accidentally got cover pics from different regions):

Zat fucked around with this message at 14:11 on Aug 10, 2022

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

Thanks for the explanation, I‘ll be careful now. I mean it‘s great they’re supporting older gens this long but talk about false uh labeling :psyduck:

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I wouldn't call it false or anything, just very confusing.

MJBuddy
Sep 22, 2008

Now I do not know whether I was then a head coach dreaming I was a Saints fan, or whether I am now a Saints fan, dreaming I am a head coach.

Zwille posted:

Thanks for the explanation, I‘ll be careful now. I mean it‘s great they’re supporting older gens this long but talk about false uh labeling :psyduck:

For most companies you don't need to learn the difference. Many games just give you the series X upgrade for free. Just a few publishers seem to find the split SKU worth it.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

I’ve only seen Activision and whoever makes 2k do the split thing. I had a one x Cold War disc told me to upgrade in game — but it didn’t work.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I keep spending my reward points on dumb nonsense like trying to win this dumb PC being carried by an elephant

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Looks sick, good luck

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Howdah you get into the case for repairs

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

isn't that what everyone's asking? where's my elephant?

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Snacksmaniac posted:

Activision pulls that phony series x nonsense all the time. Hurry up and swallow them Phil.

I think they're still the only company that tries to jebait people with this on Xbox lol. Everyone else just has smart delivery or only has 1 version available anyway.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
I paid $12 to see slightly more pixels in THPS1+2 because I really like the game but I wasn’t happy about doing it.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I think I got the upgrade for free because I got the deluxe edition so that I could play as a cool skeleton

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SilkyP
Jul 21, 2004

The Boo-Box

Having trouble getting through remake resident evil 2 because I keep getting scared and quitting