Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Feliday Melody
May 8, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Ohtori Akio posted:

In my opinion, there's no scenario more overtly lesbian or romantic than two women

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop
https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/a_girl_whose_breasts_are_a_little_big_and_is_kinda_pretty_ch01#1

Mamkute
Sep 2, 2018
https://youtu.be/lVOohfVeht0

ARCSys Said trans rights!

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Bridget is officially trans and holy poo poo are a very small minority of people loving livid about it. We’re having fun dunking on them on the hellsite.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
nintendo make birdo canon next, ty

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Snooze Cruise posted:

nintendo make birdo canon next, ty

I think Captain Rainbow did more damage than thought possible

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

kirbysuperstar posted:

I think Captain Rainbow did more damage than thought possible

oh i completely forgot that was a thing, i try to exorcise everything i learn about captain rainbow from my mind

Televisio Frankus
Jun 8, 2010
Arcsys has been on a very good streak of good representation with first Testament being enby and living their best life, but now Bridget is trans and Goldlewis is heavily hinted to be a gay man whose family didn't accept him and it's all done so well.

The fact that Bridget was revealed as trans at the same time that I've started coming out as trans is just perfect.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
I just wondered why they made that twist to Bridget for about 10 minutes before remembering that this whole matter was a poster child for a toxic meme that's slowly being accepted as offensive. I kinda liked old Bridget as a femboy icon, but if using female pronouns is what hastens the demise of douchey guys talking about "traps" then it's something that I'll take in good spirits.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

A lot of people complaining about Bridget ring trans are doing so because they’re attached to her old backstory. The problem is that her old backstory is complete loving garbage. This did not stop her from being an important touchstone for a lot of us, as an example of what could be different and a path we can take, but her story was certainly imperfect and cultivated an environment that could be hostile to the very people who saw something important in her and in themselves.

Frankly, I am happy to either retcon her GGX2 plot or ignore it entirely. It sucked anyway.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
As i said in the fight games thread Bridget was essentially a convulted backstory just so they could have a character who's interactions were largely a really lovely joke about her dressing like that but really being a boy. She wasn't exactly great rep even for femme presenting guys because half the time the game is using it as the butt of a joke or she was very sheepishly arguing back. It sucked. As a comparison Amane Nishki from ArcSys other original fight game franchise that came out between Bridget's last appearance and now was a femme presenting dude who just liked to dress like that and took no poo poo and wasn't treated as a punchline and was actually the good rep for femme guys that people have kind of head canon'd Bridget into being pver the last decade and a half since she was in a game.

So their options were keep Bridget a lovely joke, try and reframe that lovely joke as actually Good and Empowering, or use that as a starting point for a somewhat messy path of self actualization and realizing she was trans that honestly rings pretty true for a lot of trans women.

The writing for her in her arcade mode and even the lyrics of her theme are so well done and legitimately touching that I'm impressed by the writing team handling it this well

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)
I dunno who this is but I'm glad she's trans now

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Bridget, slay the transphobes

Cephas
May 11, 2009

Humanity's real enemy is me!
Hya hya foowah!
i feel on an instinctive level that Guilty Gear did good bc I've played that stupid arcade mode 3 times and every single time the dialogue has made me cry. The nonjudgmental, accepting, open-minded dialogue from Goldlewis and Ky are literally role models for how people should treat a loved one coming out. It's really emotionally mature and "gets it" in a way that's special.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

yeah people complaining about it being messy and its like well how do you think poo poo goes

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop
The "I'm actually a boy teehee" "joke" only happened like 3 times in her story in XX, and only once is responded to with anything other than basically "oh ok". Most of her plot involved bounty hunter shenanigans after I-No gave her a faulty bounty list.

Not that I'm trying to defend it. Trans girl Bridget is the loving best and I'm loving all these chuds losing their goddamn minds over it.

Although due to the weirdness of her backstory Bridget's technically cisgender. :P All hail the most cisgender trans girl in video games.

Cephas
May 11, 2009

Hya hya foowah!

skaianDestiny posted:

Although due to the weirdness of her backstory Bridget's technically cisgender. :P All hail the most cisgender trans girl in video games.

bridget's mix-up game is unmatched. get sucked into the gender vortex

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

The :nws: Goodbye, Snow White is very much worth reading.

The :nws: Sasaki You Dumbass shows that Sakaki is a dumbass!

The Heroine with Exceptionally High Resistance to the Villainess has a fun twist on an old fairytale.

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022

BlankSystemDaemon posted:

The :nws: Goodbye, Snow White is very much worth reading.

deeply inhaling the angst like a hit from a pipe

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

I... I can only look though the window...

I think "The Villainess with Exceptionally Low Resistance to the Heroine would be more accurate here.

Still good stuff.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Jagged Jim posted:

I think "The Villainess with Exceptionally Low Resistance to the Heroine would be more accurate here.

Still good stuff.
LN-esque headlines not accurately representing the content is a thing.

You're not wrong, though.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Chapter 2 of My Female Friend Comes Home to Me Every Now and Again

Please let me live in the alternative universe where Arai Sumiko focused on this instead of moving on to the nirvana thing.

Snooze Cruise fucked around with this message at 22:14 on Aug 12, 2022

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Snooze Cruise posted:

Chapter 2 of My Female Friend Comes Home to Me Every Now and Again

Please let me live in the alternative universe where Arai Sumiko focused on this instead of moving on to the nirvana thing
I saw this in my RSS feeds, but knew you'd be posting about it :3:

I look forward to reading the series when it's done.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Why can't we have this as a thread title?! :mad:

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

New chapter of Brides of Iberis
This is some very akiyama haru plot developments. lmao at the fact everyone at work is immediately blowing up her spot

Also to follow up,
New chapter of school zone

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022
I hadn't heard about Brides of Iberis before!

The depiction of the polyamorists rappelling through a window into your life is very funny. Also lol this poor MC is getting played so hard by this woman...

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)
i really wish witch's servant would update i just reread it :(

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Ohtori Akio posted:

I hadn't heard about Brides of Iberis before!

read octave and her one shots if you haven't, this is one of the true queens of da yuri world

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022

Snooze Cruise posted:

read octave and her one shots if you haven't, this is one of the true queens of da yuri world

me waltzing into chapters 12 and 13

Feliday Melody
May 8, 2021

Ohtori Akio posted:

me waltzing into chapters 12 and 13

Link!

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022

:nws: https://dynasty-scans.com/series/octave

a friend had recommended it a long time ago but I never gave it a proper chance. top notch angst

Feliday Melody
May 8, 2021

Ohtori Akio posted:

:nws: https://dynasty-scans.com/series/octave

a friend had recommended it a long time ago but I never gave it a proper chance. top notch angst

Thanks!

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

since the BL thread was shutdown, with Sony/CR buying Rightstuf anyone have any recommended distributors for physical books? I was able to grab a few things while they were seemingly putting all the smut on sale but I don't want to get stuck not being able to complete a few series I have started

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022
Finished octave, picked my heart up off the floor, etc. Thank you for the recommendation, Akiyama Haru really is a queen.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
really up there with amano shuninta when it comes to portraying women who are messes

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022
In my opinion it's epic when women are too traumatized to be perfect partners.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Ohtori Akio posted:

In my opinion it's epic when women are too traumatized to be perfect partners.
I think it's fine to have both types of stories.

Sometimes I'm a messy bitch who wants to read about people loving up, sometimes I just want wholesome slice-of-life coupling.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cephas
May 11, 2009

Hya hya foowah!
please..... comrades... i'm so weak.... i need a trans yuri manga rec.